Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 10:13   #211
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
As per the details available till now, Z4 would have three diesel variants.
1. 130bhp tune shared with the Z2.
2. 173bhp tune available with Automatic tranny.
3. 173bhp available with manual tranny and 4X4.

So you would have to go for the 4X4 version if you want 173bhp tune with manual in Z4.
Will any of these have the ESC?
Old 5th July 2022, 10:19   #212
HTC
BHPian

Dear members,

Need clarification on below,

Q1: Is 'Add to Cart' feature in Mahindra website enabled or not? I am unable to see the option in the Mahindra website. Can someone confirm please.

Q2: Can I book at two differnt dealerships + Myself online using same KYC docs and phone number?

I checked out the SUV at Anant Cars, BG road- Bangalore. Looks good and as everyone has mentioned, it screams VFM. All I need is a SUV with 4x4 which can seat five members comfortable. Z4 Diesel 4x4 ticks all the boxes for me. Though may have to compromise on the luggage and and other features, I am at peace with it.

I hope Z4 4x4 varient is not a marketing gimmik like THAR's base AX varient with side facing seats, which was used only to show the low base price during launch and create buzz. If I get the booking in first 25k lot, will definitely stick to booking. Else will decide to cancel or not based on the subsequent price hikes (with is guaranteed from day 2 of bookings). Fingers crossed.

Cheers
HTC
Old 5th July 2022, 10:34   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
Because Mahindra wants to sell Scorpio as a 5 door Thar instead of XUV700 alternative/replacement.

Thar is full of obvious misses regarding creature comfort expected out of a 17L Car, so is Scorpio. If you want a proper car with minimal obvious misses, go get XUV700

PS: I am a happy Thar owner. I don't want to mean any offense to anyone.
You are absolutely right. In fact, I held back my Thar booking just for Scorpio. It just irks me with so many such obvious misses. Just doesn't justify such a good effort on design and engineering team.

XUV? No, I will not buy it, didn't even TD that car, I am not looking for "niceties" of XUV.

I will still do TD of Scorpio, hopefully book it. If not, Thar it is.

PS : BTW, Thar after deletion of lumbar support in 2022 model, loses many marks in my sheet.
Old 5th July 2022, 10:34   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
why would anyone sacrifice the safety of their children who stand exposed without the curtain airbag coverage.
Is curtain airbag another Easter Egg that will be laid by the BigDaddyOfSUVs from M&M, just like the cornering lamp? Someone in documentation and/or marketing at Mahindra is too lazy or has not been paying attention and has missed out important details in the materials produced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post

Q1: Is 'Add to Cart' feature in Mahindra website enabled or not? I am unable to see the option in the Mahindra website. Can someone confirm please.
I am told by 2 dealerships it is going live at 05 July 2022 11:00 IST.

Quote:
Q2: Can I book at two differnt dealerships + Myself online using same KYC docs and phone number?
I believe, yes, people did that for XUV 700.
Old 5th July 2022, 10:43   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
As per the brochure only the Automatic version of the Z4 variant has ESP/ESC.
Old 5th July 2022, 11:00   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Dear members,

Need clarification on below,

I checked out the SUV at Anant Cars, BG road- Bangalore. Looks good and as everyone has mentioned, it screams VFM. All I need is a SUV with 4x4 which can seat five members comfortable. Z4 Diesel 4x4 ticks all the boxes for me. Though may have to compromise on the luggage and and other features, I am at peace with it.

I hope Z4 4x4 varient is not a marketing gimmik like THAR's base AX varient with side facing seats, which was used only to show the low base price during launch and create buzz. If I get the booking in first 25k lot, will definitely stick to booking. Else will decide to cancel or not based on the subsequent price hikes (with is guaranteed from day 2 of bookings). Fingers crossed.

Cheers
HTC
Add to cart should start by 11AM today. But this has no impact on the 25K limit. Expect a confirmation call a few days before 30th July. The "faster" you confirm, higher the probability of staying in 25K bookings. As of now, offline hasn't started but is expected to start around 20th July. I am expecting a few mins of time to complete the 25K bookings on 30th July. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck to all of us.

PS - I just added mine at 11:02 AM but keeping the excitement low as its only for supply planning and calculating premium pricing (by Mahindra) on AT 4x4

Last edited by atluri_rkc : 5th July 2022 at 11:05.
Old 5th July 2022, 11:01   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Z4 Diesel 4x4 ticks all the boxes for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
If you're considering Z4, it has to be an auto. Manual is missing the safety kit:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-21e54da9fbb143c8bfff12abe83d56c6.jpg  

naru80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:04   #218
BHPian

Add to cart is live. I have added. however there are certain restrictions in color choices in lower variants with manual transmission. It wont show any other color for lower diesel variants than White, silver and black.
Old 5th July 2022, 11:07   #219
BHPian

Add to cart is available now. Seems it does not allow multiple items in cart.

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 5th July 2022 at 11:10.
Old 5th July 2022, 11:12   #220
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has enabled Add to Cart option for the Scorpio-N - Link

Quote:
Start smart with ‘Add to Cart’ and trailblaze past the booking rush. Add to your advantage when bookings open for the All-New Scorpio-N!
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20220705_111033.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-smartselect_20220705111107_chrome.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th July 2022 at 11:19.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:15   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by waypoint View Post
I believe, yes, people did that for XUV 700.
Just a correction after experiencing Add To Cart feature, it does not allow addition of multiple cars - it remembers the last selection, hence, the previous statement does not hold true for Scorpio-N.

P.S. The edit button on the previous post was not available, so, this reply had to be submitted separately.

EDIT:
The Add to Cart feature is hosted at portal booking.mahindra.com and the already confirmed bookings that are pending delivery are hosted at auto.mahindra.com. Both portals have My Bookings section but they are out of sync even when they both resolve to the same address. A non-IT person may get confused by seeing the existing bookings getting lost (under My Bookings) on landing page that is displayed when Add To Cart process is completed but, those bookings can been seen at auto.mahindra.com and vice versa. Here a better integration of portals was desired

Last edited by waypoint : 5th July 2022 at 11:44. Reason: Added additional details about portal integration
waypoint is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:21   #222
BHPian

Added to Cart

Now waiting for review to come in for Z4 Diesel 130 PS
Attached Images

Last edited by Dushie : 5th July 2022 at 11:51.
Dushie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:34   #223
BHPian

I visited Sireesh auto, Yelahanka to check the vehicle in flesh, here are my observations:

+Ves:
1. Built really strong, doors close with thud sound. When you touch the body, you can actually feel the strength of the steel. Looks like built to last.
2. Quality of the materials is decent, could have been better on ~20L car though.
3. 1st and 2nd row seats are very comfortable.
4. The noise insulation material used in bonnet is thick and of very high quality.
5. Vey airy cabin, doesnt feel claustrophobic
6. Quality of paint is good.
7. Looks butch, stunning road presence.
8. Loooking at the videos (especially My.Velusamy's
TD
) so far, feels the ride and hanlding issues compared to old Scorpio are sorted to large extent.

-Ves:
1. Although the vehicle looks massive in size, the space utilization isn't good.
2. Plastics at certain areas could have been better.
3. Not many cubby holes to keep things like phone, etc
4. 2L cost difference between z8 and z8L is not justified.
5. Lack of 3rd row split seats. Although for many small families this may not be of much concern but since we are family of 7 and make 2-3 long trips together in a year, this is major concern.
6. Missing steering reach adjustment.
7. Dont understand Mahindra's aversion towards providing their vehicles with sliding 2nd and 3rd row seats.

All said and done, if you are family of 5 and have money to splurge go for it, its one heck of a car you can buy at this price range.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th July 2022 at 17:34. Reason: Typo
2500cc is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:56   #224
Senior - BHPian

Any review on ride quality? I saw some youtube reviews where the Scropio N had vertical movement on average roads, while smaller and similar sized cars were breezing past without much body movements.
Old 5th July 2022, 12:20   #225
BHPian

I scouted through Bengaluru through various dealerships to see the vehicle in flesh and blood, and what a majestic sight it was. Looks better than in reel life.

They had a Diesel MT on display at Sireesh Auto, Hosur Road and Petrol Automatic at India Garage, K R Puram both in Z8L variants. I spent good amount of time inside the car and had knowledgeable sales executives attend to me at both places. Overall a great experience.

Few things which are keeping me on my toes, not sure if its a marketing strategy by M&M or they are hiding a few things just to avoid the Scorpio wave loosing its effect.

1) There is a cloud of mystery around the Diesel variants. No detailed video about the performance of the Diesel variants at all. Is there some embargo here?
2) Got to know from the dealers in Bengaluru that all of them have decided to keep the test drive vehicle as a Petrol 4WD. No diesel again. Are we supposed to book based on an assumption and then cancel it ?
3) Is it so difficult to reveal the pricing of all variants together ? I don't think they need to wait for semiconductor companies to provide them a chipset to do a price reveal .
4) First 25K bookings and then god will decide is a frustrating strategy considering they are holding on to so much of information and not providing test drive`s on Diesel variants. This strategy is as frustrating as Mi`s sale of newly launched phones.
5) As many have pointed out the pricing of the variants looks totally random. 2L difference between the Z8 and Z8L for a low resolution front camera, Sony speakers, driver drowsiness detection and electric seat is laughable. I wouldn't buy the Z8L just because of that shady camera experience.

As a prospective customer I need time to decide and pricing is the key here. Please let me know if anyone had a test drive on a diesel variant and their experience.

Last edited by skyocean : 5th July 2022 at 12:49. Reason: typo, wrong place
skyocean is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks