Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2022, 09:47   #1516
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Are these increased prices? It seems MnM had silently increased prices by around 25k for top end.
They added the 1% TCS to the ex-showroom price. The prices aren't increased yet. There is a hearsay about 2% price increase coming up on XUV7OO and we can expect something similar on Scorpio N. I believe the timing of price increase will be purposefully coinciding with deliveries.
atluri_rkc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 10:56   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
They added the 1% TCS to the ex-showroom price. The prices aren't increased yet. There is a hearsay about 2% price increase coming up on XUV7OO and we can expect something similar on Scorpio N. I believe the timing of price increase will be purposefully coinciding with deliveries.
Looks like the prices have already increased. At booking page, Z8L diesel manual and automatic are both coming 20k more as compared to introductory pricing.

Update: My bad, I was looking at 6 seater configuration.

Last edited by dhruv45in : 11th September 2022 at 11:03.
dhruv45in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 16:16   #1518
BHPian

Extended warranty prices shared by the dealer today.

35871/- for manual
44839/- for automatics

Honestly don’t understand how a lower variant with less electronics and less mechanicals has the same price.
Also something to note is that the extended warranty for automatic is priced even higher than the adas equipped xuv700.
Priced at 40k.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-1image.jpg
kushgandhi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 21:38   #1519
BHPian

Is the roofliner fabric/ material inferior in Z2 variant than the top variants we had the Test drives? The roof material seems to be cheap felt like material in these Z2 variant videos, whereas I was happy for the roof liner material in all the TD vehicles I drove so far.

Almost 45k for the extended warranty for the AT variants whereas the 4WD MT is 35k. This is the price for Diesel type. Are these extended warranty fees same for the Petrol variants?

Seems Automatic Transmission customers are soft target for Mahindra and Mahindra. 2 Lakhs premium for AT as Capex, 2 kmpl premium for the AT as Opex and now this 10k premium for the extended warranty.

Last edited by RijuC : 11th September 2022 at 21:47.
Old 12th September 2022, 10:22   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
Extended warranty prices shared by the dealer today.

35871/- for manual
44839/- for automatics

Honestly don’t understand how a lower variant with less electronics and less mechanicals has the same price.
Also something to note is that the extended warranty for automatic is priced even higher than the adas equipped xuv700.
Priced at 40k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Almost 45k for the extended warranty for the AT variants whereas the 4WD MT is 35k. This is the price for Diesel type. Are these extended warranty fees same for the Petrol variants?

Seems Automatic Transmission customers are soft target for Mahindra and Mahindra. 2 Lakhs premium for AT as Capex, 2 kmpl premium for the AT as Opex and now this 10k premium for the extended warranty.

If you carefully study the Shield Protection price of all M&M vehicles, it is dependent on the type of fuel and transmission. Thus the price is different for Petrol and Diesel variants and again for MT and AT variants. May be the manufacturer estimates more failure of parts (to be replaced under warranty) because of the rough handling of the ScorpioN (in general by semi-urban and rural populace) compared to the XUV700, which is purely for urban use. However, there is not much difference in the pricing.

The current Shield (4th and 5th year combined) price for XUV 700 models are as follows :-
D MT - 35,517.00
D AT - 43,541.00

P MT - 34,101.00
P AT - 41,771.00.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 15:10   #1521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinmech View Post
Today received on road quotation for my Z8L AT 4WD.

SA didn't mention quote of extended warranty and Road side assistance cost as Mahindra has not yet finalised the same yet (as conveyed by him). Hence 35-40k extra for these two and also 1% tcs (I think he missed it). Overall 26 lakhs approx on road. I'm trying to negotiate further the insurance cost as I have a quote of 75k from Royal Sundaram.
Sir, you can still feel lucky that you are price protected (Ex Showroom 23,90,000+TCS 23,900 = 24,13,900)

For insurance, you can try to check for ICICI Lombard (Rs.68185, someone shared earlier in this thread) from ICICI Lombard. Is the dealership agreeing to deliver if you opt to choose for insurance outside?

Quote:
I'm going for BH registration.

They are offering the same model in Deep forest colour within this month itself for delivery but I've not yet finalised as my choice is Black. Feeling lucky as a non price protected customer.
Quick question: Does BH registration cover for 2 years and renewable every 2 years?

Assuming I make an inquiry and book the vehicle today; and dealership agrees to deliver within this month at same price, would look to be a great value prop for me. I do not have a pre-booking, my choice of colour is black, and I would hands down go for Deep Forest green (second best to black), as heart wants the vehicle before Durga Pujo -- only if I be given this choice

Now that I know this, let me try knocking random dealer doors in Bangalore.
Old 12th September 2022, 15:53   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepapa View Post
Quick question: Does BH registration cover for 2 years and renewable every 2 years?
The BH series registration has to be renewed every 2 years by paying the sum.
Sum can be calculated using following formula:
Motor Vehicle tax as per Invoice Pricex1.25 x2)/15

So basically if you are NOT going to own the car for more than 5-7 years, then BH registration makes sense and you will have liberty to pay Road tax for the number of years you will use your car. Once sold it'll be new owners responsibility to pay the tax for remaining years/
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 23:52   #1523
BHPian

How many of us know that TCS paid to the dealer can be claimed in your income tax payment ? Applicable for all those who pay tax and file returns. Government has purposely introduced to identify how many people purchase cars and also file IT returns.
rahulya007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 11:44   #1524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
How many of us know that TCS paid to the dealer can be claimed in your income tax payment ? Applicable for all those who pay tax and file returns. Government has purposely introduced to identify how many people purchase cars and also file IT returns.
You are absolutely right.

But everyone should ensure, for their own benefit, that the TCS return has been duly updated (after payment of the amount to the treasury) by the dealer. Refund can only be claimed if this amount is reflected in your 26AS.

This year some XUV 700 customers reported the TCS amount not reflecting in their 26AS.
Sommos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 12:20   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
You are absolutely right.

But everyone should ensure, for their own benefit, that the TCS return has been duly updated (after payment of the amount to the treasury) by the dealer. Refund can only be claimed if this amount is reflected in your 26AS.

This year some XUV 700 customers reported the TCS amount not reflecting in their 26AS.
In that case, everyone should insist the dealer mentions the 1% TCS specifically mentioned in the invoice or quotation taken from them. If they club the value with the vehicle cost, they might claim later that they did not take it from the customer and in turn pocket that much amount.
rahulya007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 16:42   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
In that case, everyone should insist the dealer mentions the 1% TCS specifically mentioned in the invoice or quotation taken from them. If they club the value with the vehicle cost, they might claim later that they did not take it from the customer and in turn pocket that much amount.
I am not quite sure they can do that. There must be a system to ensure 1% TCS is being deducted for cars over 10 lac. If it was this easy for dealer to pocket this amount, you would have dealers split the TCS amount with customers :P
Old 13th September 2022, 22:56   #1527

Quick question. Will the 21k booking amount be deducted from the total onroad price as i have already paid that amount?
Old 14th September 2022, 06:14   #1528
BANNED

Wanted to understand are these black claddings on the door stickers (adhesive based) OR are they may be fastened via screws to the door?
Attached Images

Old 14th September 2022, 08:58   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLikeStar View Post
Quick question. Will the 21k booking amount be deducted from the total onroad price as i have already paid that amount?
Yes, its for the vehicle and consider that in your calculations. Its tough to get money (if any additional paid) back from dealerships and so make all your calculations before you pay them.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 11:16   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnerForLife View Post
Wanted to understand are these black claddings on the door stickers (adhesive based) OR are they may be fastened via screws to the door?
This is a plastic cladding fitted all around the vehicle typically on pressfit pins.

Most Viewed