Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2023, 13:11   #316
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps_o View Post
Do we have an update on this version being available soon or any news on true top variant for C3 ?
Having test driven the car, have been holding purchase since some months for an automatic avatar. Showroom folks have no information.

Citroen Team atleast give it as an option in name of configurator, let a user create a pseudo top model if you are unwilling to give one directly. What do they have to lose ?
I recently visited the Kochi service center for the 2nd service of my C3 and the service center guy informed me that an upcoming variant of C3 "Shine" is set to release within the next 2 months. This variant will come with all missing features.

I am not sure what missing features this variant will have, but It's worth noting that this information was shared with me by the service center guy, and they start getting trained for service of new variant, well before launch.

On another note, I was also informed that the C3 has been selling well in Kochi. The Kochi showroom alone has sold 84 cars in March 2023, which is almost 3 cars per day. So I guess, the overall sales numbers for C3 is low only due to the limited number of showrooms.

3 cars per day from a single showroom in a tier 2 city is not a bad number. I believe if Citreon were to open more showrooms in Kerala (Already they have one more in Calicut from there also they sold 50), the sales numbers could potentially increase.
antonylejos is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 22:31   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen C3 is the 2023 World Urban car of the Year. (World Car Awards)

Citroen C3 Review-screenshot-20230405-222955.png
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 19:38   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonylejos View Post
I recently visited the Kochi service center for the 2nd service of my C3 and the service center guy informed me that an upcoming variant of C3 "Shine" is set to release within the next 2 months. This variant will come with all missing features.
That's what I hear from the Chennai showroom too. Bookings for the 'Shine' variant are already open.
venus1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 21:52   #319

We have got some pictures from stock yard also.

I have attached pictures of rear washer defogger and electric orvm control switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 Review-img_20230412_201215_810.jpg  

Citroen C3 Review-img_20230412_201215_571.jpg  

redrobin520 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 23:15   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrobin520 View Post
We have got some pictures from stock yard also.

I have attached pictures of rear washer defogger and electric orvm control switch.
Was it an Automatic or a Manual?
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 23:25   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Was it an Automatic or a Manual?
See the clutch pedal it's manual. Sadly no news of automatic variant yet.
redrobin520 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 18:02   #322
BHPian

C3 turbo petrol variants discontinued.

Citroen has silently delisted the turbo petrol variants of C3 from it’s website. It can now only be had with the 1.2 NA petrol. Really disappointed to see this as turbo petrol was a favourite among the enthusiasts.

Source: Carwale
Aakash118 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 18:21   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
C3 turbo petrol variants discontinued.

Citroen has silently delisted the turbo petrol variants of C3 from it’s website. It can now only be had with the 1.2 NA petrol. Really disappointed to see this as turbo petrol was a favourite among the enthusiasts.

Source: Carwale
It is pretty obvious that they are doing this to create differentiation for the upcoming C3 Aircross. Pretty much like how the Tiago and Punch get the 1.2 NA engine, while the Nexon gets its turbocharged version.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 07:02   #324
BHPian

Citroën C3 Turbo, the car now compliant with the latest BS6.2 emission standards will be available soon as per Saurabh Vatsa, Citroën Brand Head, India.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 Review-citroen-c3-turbo.jpg  

Old 9th May 2023, 17:59   #325
BHPian

Why its not only features that make and define a car is what is the point of view of this owner in the review.
sagsaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 14:18   #326
BHPian

Citroen Showroom has opened in Noida sec5. I took a TD of C3 na.
sinhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 17:03   #327
Senior - BHPian

Here's an international C3 undergoing component testing!

Citroen C3 Review-img_20230518_154047.jpg

Here's some bonus: an Opel Crossland undergoing component testing! Safe to say, not for India.
Citroen C3 Review-img_20230518_100237.jpg

Citroen C3 Review-img_20230518_100223.jpg

Citroen C3 Review-img_20230518_100244.jpg
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 19:17   #328
Senior - BHPian

Test drove Naturally Aspirated C3.

1. While on showroom floor, C3 feel utilitarian and budget. Something no body would like to get associated with in the radars of urban buyers. This is an area where the car would likely lose potential buyers. And this is exactly the area where Hyundai wins hands down. I didn't feel like taking even a test drive.

2. Rear seat is well designed but my feet were not comfortable on the floor due to lack of space and the front seat rails. This is again a put off for those who intend to use the rear seat frequently. However, they haven't compromised on seat design. The seat felt from a segment above.

3. For the driver, there is good shoulder room. Cars like Fronx are the ones where my right hand is not having sufficient space. Not the case with C3. Good job here.

4. Boot lid is more Maruti and in fact it seems Maruti is trying to improve atleast in the Nexa products.

5. The drive. This is where the journey starts to get good. Amazing ride for a car of this size. Simply felt as if I want to do more miles in this car. Steering is nice to hold, is light and isnt devoid of feel. It doesnt feel disconnected and is ideal for urban jungle. Coupled with the awesome ride, this is the car for urban running. Bonnet is visible and it eases out the drive experience by a noticeable margin. AC is a chiller and vents are very well designed, they wont chill out left hand or right hand. Gearknob feels very nice to hold, but shifts are rubbery. Noise insulation from outside elements is very nice for a car of this class.

6. Brake pedal is spongy but braking isnt bad for driving inside city.

7. Engine : The naturally aspirated motor would make its presence felt if you push it a bit hard. But it has got good driveability. 3rd gear would let you go as down as 25 kmph and this was with three adults in the car. However, I felt the gearing was on lower side and this engine would remain audible on highway drives.

8. This car was quite effortless to drive overall with just the rubbery gearshifts sticking out as a sore point.

C3 is a brilliant product where the touch points are not as good as Hyundai but the drive quality is better than most and levels products a segment above. Ride itself is the sole reason to buy the car, its that good. For a small car it masks speeds very well. This is a good second or third car in garage where the small footprint, good drivebability, ride make for a comfortable journey. However, the product has to be improved for potential buyers to have this car in case of a one car garage. Impressed I am but not to the extent of putting my money down on the car. Another thing to highlight was that there were no restrictions by Sales Advisor for the length or route of test drive.
aaggoswami is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 21:30   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Test drove Naturally Aspirated C3.
Your review is word by word consistent with the 14 year old Punto, a product from Fiat (Stellantis).

As long as the car needed just routine service (initial 4-5 years), the quality of service and the small or big issues were not perceived. The true colours of service quality only surfaced once the car started demanding repair works. Further, they dont even sell a 1 liter coolant bottle over the counter. One needs to drive the car to the ASC for such a small thing.

For this one reason, I believe that success of these cars will be challenging.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 06:16   #330
BHPian

C3 prices are going to be raised again by upto Rs. 17500 (depending on the variant) from July 1st.

Source:https://www.carwale.com/news/citroen...d-from-1-july/

Last edited by ComboCutter : 12th June 2023 at 06:32. Reason: missed currency

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks