Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2023, 19:23   #1456
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank4823 View Post
Anyone else noticed a whistling sound from the AC vents when Speed is at level 3 or above ? I want to get that and the Driver side window bounce back issue fixed but I have some features unlocked via coding. Will that cause an issue ?
I have noticed the whistling sound more when the seat ventilation is on. Have you tested with seat ventilation on/off/level 1?
Not sure how they implement the fix at VW, but if it's a targeted fix, like it happens in the coding part, it shouldn't break anything or wipe the coding already done. I think there are few coding experts in this forum who can throw more light.
Old 12th September 2023, 19:30   #1457
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Virtus GT Edge now in Carbon Steel Grey Matte.

Quote:
Pre-book now for deliveries in October. Limited availability. Exclusively online.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230912_192907.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 20:21   #1458

I have booked a Virtus GT Plus DSG in wild cherry red colour. The car has not been allocated yet. The sales advisor says that it would most likely be a June/July manufactured car.

1. Is there any issue going through with this car?

2. What kind of discounts are possible?

City is Bangalore.
Old 12th September 2023, 20:58   #1459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber View Post
I have booked a Virtus GT Plus DSG in wild cherry red colour. The car has not been allocated yet. The sales advisor says that it would most likely be a June/July manufactured car.

1. Is there any issue going through with this car?

2. What kind of discounts are possible?

City is Bangalore.
I recently booked and took delivery of a Virtus GT Plus in Lava Blue in mid-August in Trichy. The dealer offered us discounts with 1.0 Engine variants, but there were no discounts available for GT variants. They told us that GT models are sold directly from the company, and offers aren't possible in that case. However, we did manage to get good discounts on insurance.
Muthu25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 21:19   #1460

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabia_firstcar View Post
Congratulations on your new car. Looks great in the color. Quick question - isn’t that mileage low? I thought the 1.5 DSG had better mileage. Is it supposed to improve over time?
Even though I didn't want the colour initially, I eventually fell in love with with the colour as it renders itself differently under different lighting conditions. The mileage is low especially when I drive it in the city, when a service person came to pick my vehicle up for the first check up post a month after buying it gave a mileage 2 more than what I would have gotten on the same trip.Although I have routinely extracted 8-10 kmpl in the same traffic I can't do it on a regular basis.One could extract more 2-3 more kmpl by driving it in manual and upshifting well in advance but I feel that the gear ratios are too close and that you have to keep shifting almost continuously in the city or one could keep drive with an extremely light foot but given that I lack the patience to keep shifting and strain the gearbox and clutches in the process and that I lack the self-control to drive with a feather foot I get a mileage of around 8 in the city and 6 if the traffic is bumper to bumper. I would consider my driving style in traffic quite unique, I drive patiently behind vehicle and whenever there is a chance to overtake safely I gun the throttle momentarily for a quick pass. This happens quite often in a Tier-II city like mine(Visakhapatnam) where there is moderate to heavy traffic in alternation with semi-open stretches where one could find gaps and maintain good speed without cutting anyone off. If mileage is what one is after then the manual is still the best option. I believe the GT manual would easily give 10 kmpl in the city as the DSG doesn't allow one to shift too early and it definitely doesn't allow one to skip gears. The DSG is frugal among automatics but it is not a match for the OG stick.

When I went for a service at 6 months after running 3300 kilometres they filled close to 1 litre of engine oil.I know the 1.5 evo is an oil burner as the same engine exists in Europe and is known for it but is it really normal for them to fill close to a litre, I know that the initial wear can be quite high but I'd love for someone with the technical know-how of the 1.5 evo to say something about this. Could this be the reason for my low mileage. I really hope not because if the engine can get 15-18 on highways but only 6-8 in the city it probably boils down to driving style and traffic conditions. I really hope that the mileage improves after the first oil change and full service as it should.

I would also like to mention my brief use of HP power and XP95 for the first 1500 kilometres. I switched after I filled regular fuel at a HP pump once and barely noticed any difference in power and smoothness albeit the mileage dropped by 1-2 kmpl but the price difference and my running didn't justify premium fuel. What is everyone's take on premium fuel especially for this particular engine. It would be great if TeamBHP did a poll on this along with the reason for choosing or not choosing it.
Darth Sai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 00:11   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sai View Post
When I went for a service at 6 months after running 3300 kilometres they filled close to 1 litre of engine oil.I know the 1.5 evo is an oil burner as the same engine exists in Europe and is known for it but is it really normal for them to fill close to a litre, I know that the initial wear can be quite high but I'd love for someone with the technical know-how of the 1.5 evo to say something about this. Could this be the reason for my low mileage. I really hope not because if the engine can get 15-18 on highways but only 6-8 in the city it probably boils down to driving style and traffic conditions. I really hope that the mileage improves after the first oil change and full service as it should.
1 litre of top up oil sounds a bit too much for a car that’s run only 3300 kilometers. In my Virtus GT I check and top up the engine oil myself once every 3k kilometres. It has drunk close to 800 ml of oil in a span of 12000 kilometres.
I would suggest you to check your oil dipstick. If it’s very high above the max level then I would advise you to remove some oil immediately. Way too much oil is bad for the engine in the long run.

And suspicious enough your city mileage seems way too less than what’s generally reported in the forum. I would suggest you to drive a friends car or the test drive car to compare it with yours. Just reset the trip meter from ICE. What sort of traffic do you drive in? I get 10-12 kmpl city mileage in my Virtus GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sai View Post
I would also like to mention my brief use of HP power and XP95 for the first 1500 kilometres. I switched after I filled regular fuel at a HP pump once and barely noticed any difference in power and smoothness albeit the mileage dropped by 1-2 kmpl but the price difference and my running didn't justify premium fuel. What is everyone's take on premium fuel especially for this particular engine. It would be great if TeamBHP did a poll on this along with the reason for choosing or not choosing it.
This could be the reason for your low mileage figures. The recommended fuel rating for Virtus GT and all VAG 2.0 cars is RON 95. Only in exceptional cases when RON 95 is not available RON 91 fuel can be used. So switch back to using RON 95 fuel. If your running is low, it all the more justifies using RON 95. Always follow what the user manual says.

Cheers!
true_sedan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 11:22   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Volkswagen Virtus GT Edge now in Carbon Steel Grey Matte.
looks stunning... can someone please confirm if there are any changes in the interiors except red stitching on the upholstery? Isn't the red ambient lighting mentioned available in all Virtus GTs?
Old 14th September 2023, 16:19   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
looks stunning... can someone please confirm if there are any changes in the interiors except red stitching on the upholstery? Isn't the red ambient lighting mentioned available in all Virtus GTs?
It is available but only at the co-driver side, it ends before the music system starts .

Checked with the Service Advisor two weeks back if it can be done across to which simple answer, a BIG NO sir, warranty issues . They had the full setup done from day 1 on Taigun.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 17:50   #1464

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Planning some "Simply Clever" touches on Virtus highline.
Did you get anything done from the Skoda workshop?
Old 14th September 2023, 18:23   #1465

Has anyone changed the alloy wheels of Virtus GT to 1 Litre topline? If yes, how did they change during delivery ?
Old 14th September 2023, 22:07   #1466
BHPian

Hi,
I am going to take delivery of a Red GT Plus DSG and want to change the Fog-Lamps out ASAP to white LED ones.

I am not an expert with lights, so trying to figure which H8 fog lamps will work.
I have 2 choices:
1. Osram - https://www.osram.in/ecat/LEDriving%...7/ZMP_4059212/
2. Phillips - https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/LUM1...wersport-bulbs

I am not able to find any examples of cars that have changed theirs with these.

Ideally I would like to get the Osram only, but the Phillips is an OK substitute. Don't want to get any other make, unless they are a reputable OEM choice (anywhere in the world).

If anybody knows a dealer/reseller/installer in Mumbai who I can check with that would super!
Old 15th September 2023, 01:29   #1467
BHPian

I don’t understand the manufacturer’s obsession with matte paint jobs on cars these days, i understand it may appeal to a particular crowd thus justifying the limited quantities made but matte paint jobs are supposed to be unique and are more suited to hypercars and super cars that stay as a garage queen most of their life.
For these kind of cars that are mostly going to be used a commuter all their life and facing the conditions of roads and weather of our country over time it will only reflect the imperfections more clearly not to mention the cost of repairing will be more and local paint shops won’t touch these with a ten-foot pole because it will simply eat away their profits, similar how to some paint shops refuse to work on black cars and since matte has to be finished perfectly compared to say any metallic glossy finish colour, any shoddy job will reflect clearly on the outcome.

Last edited by VwRabbit : 15th September 2023 at 01:45.
VwRabbit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 17:25   #1468
BHPian

I did a 700km run between Punjab and Gurgaon on consecutive days. My Virtus GT Plus DSG returned 21 km/l mileage with avg speed of 60km/hr for the entire stretch . This was my first outstation drive and I am truly impressed with the dynamics of the car and the mileage it has offered on the highway. The mileage in city stands at around 10 km/l as of now. The car has just done 900kms so I would see how (or if) it improves with forthcoming services.

Last edited by SidR : 15th September 2023 at 17:27.
SidR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 09:02   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
The car has just done 900kms so I would see how (or if) it improves with forthcoming services.
21 kmpl is a really good FE in a brand new car. I was getting around 18 kmpl with a light foot in my Virtus GT during the running in period. After that the FE just exploded. The max I’ve received till date is 24 kmpl during a short highway run of 60 kilometres. This is why I love the car. You can tip toe your way to fuel efficiency or put pedal to the metal and have fun.
true_sedan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 10:29   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
This is why I love the car. You can tip toe your way to fuel efficiency or put pedal to the metal and have fun.
This is so true. I have shifted from baleno manual petrol (7 years) to this beast. As I still have the habit of planning an overtake and pressing accelerator to its neck to manage the overtake with ease, it took me by surprise when it came to virtus … I went from 40-90 the speedometer in no time and that sound from the engine was amazing. Love it!
SidR is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed