Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2023, 02:36   #1426

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Hi.
I currently own a Highline MT and just wanted to know if anyone else feels the LED headlight is inadequate and the wipers ruin the visibility during rains? If so, what are the suggestions to fix the same?
Also, my car too pulls to the left (very slight) when steering is straight even after alignment. Any suggestions for the same.

Other than these few gripes, Virtus is the best sedan the Indian market will see for a long time.

PS - Any Kochi Virtus owners up for a meet up?
navad29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:51   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navad29 View Post
Hi.
Also, my car too pulls to the left (very slight) when steering is straight even after alignment. Any suggestions for the same.
Take it back to the alignment shop. Tell them which way the steering is tilted. They’ll do something called a tierod adjustment. Post this it should be fine.
true_sedan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 14:24   #1428
BHPian

Some questions for those who have done the first service for their Virtus GT. I am at 12,000 odd kms however am approaching 1 year. Have planned for the service next week, my queries are as follows

Some background:

I did not buy the service value package as giving 60k upfront didn't make sense, investing 60k for 5 years is probably a better way forward. Instead, I started a SIP for 5k each month to take care of yearly insurance + 1 service per year while also building up a chunk of change for when something out of the ordinary happens. I also recently renewed the insurance with TATA AIG for 27k including RTI, engine protect and zero dep with a vehicle value of 16.15L

Now here is what I am interested in finding out

1. What is the cost of the 1st service (I am told there is no labour cost for this one), I assume it will be in the 10-12k range as it was for my Polo GT
2. What will the regular yearly services cost after the 1st service
3. Does it actually make sense to buy the SVP? I know it includes a battery, a set of brakes, and wipers, but not sure if the math adds up
4. Do they lubricate the suspension components? (I hear a knocking noise when braking and turning) They did this for the Polo GT, but for Virtus not sure
5. Is there any active service campaign that has been started by VW that I should be aware of? As per the service centre there is nothing from VW's end, there might be one for the brake issue, but no annoucement yet

Thanks!
Old 5th September 2023, 15:25   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
1. What is the cost of the 1st service (I am told there is no labour cost for this one), I assume it will be in the 10-12k range as it was for my Polo GT
Took my Virtus GT for the 1st year 15k service last Thursday(31-Aug). The car has done 14200 fiery kilometres and has remained rock solid so far except a few AC niggles. The service centre is pretty far from my home(20 km through city traffic). So I promptly booked an appointment and kept to it on the service day. I wanted to understand the service centre and the service people as is and hence I went with the flow. I’m not new to servicing a car. I’ve been taking my i20 for over 10+ years to get it serviced. I must say that my prior experience of dealing with service centres as a huge plus and saved me a few thousand bucks. A service advisor was assigned and a job card was opened for my car.

I felt the SA was pushing unnecessary things and I did not feel comfortable at all that my car will be serviced properly if I refuse everything. He listed the following things to be done:
1. Engine oil - Rs. 2668
2. Oil filter - Rs. 114
3. Pollen filter - Rs. 392
4. Oil plug - Rs. 149
5. Lubricant - Rs. 334(for 0.1 unit quantity)
6. Foam wash(Germ Kleen) - Rs. 2396(the SA did not inform me of this until I asked for the split. Rejected it)
7. Anti rodent coating - Rs. 1900. Rejected it.
8. AC disinfectant - It feels like some guy who used to sell Ervamitin for hair loss pitched the AC disinfectant idea to every service centre across India. Rejected it.
9. Brake cleaning - Rs. 639
10. Washer fluid - Rs. 99
11. Ceramic coating.(Rejected it)
12. WA & WB(Rejected it)

He gave the above split up after I explicitly asked for it. The reason I asked for the split up is he quoted a whopping 13-14k for the first service. My advice is to be mindful here. Always ask for a thorough split up before giving the go ahead. He took his own sweet time to prepare the split(half hour). After rejecting all unnecessary things the final estimate came to 5200 rupees which sounded reasonable for a first service. The only extra work other than normal first service being - brake cleaning, lubrication and AC filter replacement. After this I gave my go ahead. The ETD was set at 5:30 PM.

I reached the service centre at 5:00 PM and unsurprisingly the car was nowhere to be seen. The SA said some software update is going on and only if it’s closed by technical team he can close the bill. The technical team called it as a “Warranty update” and it took a full 2.5 hours to complete it. The final bill came to 6500 rupees including GST. The only extra I found was they had used 0.5 units of lubricant for the brakes instead of the estimated 0.1 units. This increased the estimate by 500 rupees. I did not argue. I was tired and just wanted to be done with it. Finally left the service centre at 7:45 PM.

My advice to you is to opt for brake cleaning and lubrication as extra work since you’re having some trouble with your brakes. The rest all sounded bogus. Overall the experience ranged from very poor to pathetic and I’m not all looking forward to the second periodic service.

Quote:
Only time will tell. But I’m hoping the service centre will push a lot of things to inflate their profits.

Quote:
3. Does it actually make sense to buy the SVP? I know it includes a battery, a set of brakes, and wipers, but not sure if the math adds up
Don’t opt for it if you have the energy to reject every unnecessary additions. Else opt for it. During every service visit just remind them that you have SVP and hence not willing to pay one rupee more.

Quote:
4. Do they lubricate the suspension components? (I hear a knocking noise when braking and turning) They did this for the Polo GT, but for Virtus not sure
They did not touch the suspension or even bring it up.

Quote:
5. Is there any active service campaign that has been started by VW that I should be aware of?
Not that I’m aware of.

I avidly follow your posts on your Virtus GT. Kudos to you for posting regular updates.

Cheers!

Last edited by true_sedan : 5th September 2023 at 15:32.
true_sedan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 15:58   #1430
BHPian

Horrible quality of wipers!!
Wiper rubber lost contact from blade and my windscreen cracked. Volkswagen should compensate me for this terrible quality of wipers and cracked windscreen. Never in my Polo for 10 years did such a thing happen.
steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 16:47   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Took my Virtus GT for the 1st year 15k service last Thursday(31-Aug).
Thanks for your detailed reply. This being the 6th car I've dealt with in my 17 years of driving, there are a few things that I have learned over the years. First and foremost is; never start any work without asking for a breakup (proforma invoice), I check everything before allowing any service-related work to start. This is when the windshield washer fluid top up, cleaning and so on is removed right at the start.

Secondly and perhaps equally important, I take time out of my day (usually a weekend) and personally stay at the service center for the entire duration of the service (apart from the lunch break) until my car is done. I arrive 30 mins before the service centre opens and am usually done in the first 2 hours as my car gets the full attention in the morning. Physically being there means they treat your car right and are extra careful. For e.g. I hate oily hands touching the interior and do not allow this to happen (this can only be done if you are there!)

Lastly, the relationship with ASS. I have consistently ONLY serviced my VW cars at the same dealer, its a friendly relationship between me and the team. They know they aren't going to be able to get any extra services approved and don't even try to ask. They address my concerns promptly and give me the real picture of the car's condition and only replace parts if necessary.

I guess the takeaway for the Virtus would be to get the brake work done along with lubrication and the estimate would be in the 8k range. The second service will be a story for next year!
vividhavasthi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 22:57   #1432
BHPian

Quote:

5. Is there any active service campaign that has been started by VW that I should be aware of? As per the service centre there is nothing from VW's end, there might be one for the brake issue, but no annoucement yet
Hi Vividh,

I got my GT serviced couple of days before and I had purchased the SVP at 27k for 4 years which includes the basics. So incase of a service pack, the service cost rounds up to 6750 INR for each year upto 4 years. The usual wear and tear parts are not covered in this.

Please refrain for any extra services being pushed from the dealer and your bill should be approx 7-8k and not more. Since labour cost is free for first year, going forward this would increase to 10k without any add-on service. You can make use of the VW Service Calculator to understand an approx cost for service and parts. I have added a snippet for 1st year service cost.

Regarding the suspensions, I had some noise (Kat-Kat) coming from the front suspension when on a speed-breaker which they rectified by tightening the suspension bushes. Suspension is good now, incase you don't have any issues nothing will be done from their end.

In case your car has problems with driver side window motor(goes up sometimes when pushed down and vice-versa) then you can ask for the software update which would be done as part of the campaign.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-whatsapp-image-20230905-10.37.24-pm.jpeg  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 09:50   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post

I got my GT serviced couple of days before and I had purchased the SVP at 27k for 4 years which includes the basics.

Please refrain for any extra services being pushed from the dealer and your bill should be approx 7-8k and not more.
So did you pay for something over and above what is included in the SVP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Regarding the suspensions, I had some noise (Kat-Kat) coming from the front suspension
I'm facing a similar noise in my Taigun. It comes while turning the steering at low speeds.
Old 6th September 2023, 16:53   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
So did you pay for something over and above what is included in the SVP?

I'm facing a similar noise in my Taigun. It comes while turning the steering at low speeds.
I paid 0 amount for the service, I bought the bonnet insulation so paid 1308 INR for part and labour together.
Old 7th September 2023, 11:29   #1435
BHPian

Hi team, anyone has observed a weird issue in Virtus(GT) when accelerating suddenly or accelerating towards a flyover approach, the music mutes for a second or so and comes back? This is intermittent but I'm observing it in every drive.
I know this was not an issue in the earlier days but have started noticing this since few weeks now. Mine is the BS6.2 model.
I tried to decrease the navigation volume to zero and other settings in the Audio section of the HU but nothing seems to help.
jaysonline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 09:46   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
Hi team, anyone has observed a weird issue in Virtus(GT) when accelerating suddenly or accelerating towards a flyover approach, the music mutes for a second or so and comes back? This is intermittent but I'm observing it in every drive.
I know this was not an issue in the earlier days but have started noticing this since few weeks now. Mine is the BS6.2 model.
I tried to decrease the navigation volume to zero and other settings in the Audio section of the HU but nothing seems to help.

Check the settings in sygic app and disable speed related notiifications.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 11:12   #1437

Hey guys,
Hope you're doing well. Am looking to buy the 1.0 TSI AT (either Highline or Topline). Dealership is offering me a cash discount of 55k on the Highline and 85k on the Topline. Buying on company lease so insurance etc. don't matter. Does this sound good or I can push further?
Old 8th September 2023, 13:21   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safarist View Post
Hey guys,
Hope you're doing well. Am looking to buy the 1.0 TSI AT (either Highline or Topline). Dealership is offering me a cash discount of 55k on the Highline and 85k on the Topline. Buying on company lease so insurance etc. don't matter. Does this sound good or I can push further?
Of course you can push further and try your luck. On pre-OBD2, they have cash discount of 1lac. If 85k is on OBD2, that’s pretty good

On a different note- why not get a GT DSG variant whose ex showroom as same as that of 1 litre Topline. Which is what I did. But, that variant only comes with 2 Airbag PLUS you can’t bag much discount except on Insurance. happy shopping

PS: for me, the car is a city beater, hence I compromised on not getting the Top variant which I usually do. But the GT one is far superior to drive than the 1 litre.

Last edited by Jangra : 8th September 2023 at 13:23.
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 14:33   #1439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Of course you can push further and try your luck. On pre-OBD2, they have cash discount of 1lac. If 85k is on OBD2, that’s pretty good

On a different note- why not get a GT DSG variant whose ex showroom as same as that of 1 litre Topline. Which is what I did. But, that variant only comes with 2 Airbag PLUS you can’t bag much discount except on Insurance. happy shopping

PS: for me, the car is a city beater, hence I compromised on not getting the Top variant which I usually do. But the GT one is far superior to drive than the 1 litre.
Thanks! The DSG is really very tempting, however this is the second car in the house and want to stick within a budget. Mostly wife is going to drive it and she would be more than happy with the reliable TC that comes with the 1.0. The lead option is actually the Highline and would only go for the Topline (if at all) for the 6 air bags. Plus I don't think they have any discounts on GT. But you've certainly set me thinking.

And yes this is for BS6.2 / OBD2 and post 2 rounds of negotiations, will still push.
Old 8th September 2023, 19:10   #1440
BHPian

For those who got GFX mats - Are they rubber or hard plastic type?

I just got mine delivered today and felt the quality is not too great over the default Rubber ones provided by VW. It is hard and as mentioned by bhpian @kaushiksudra earlier, the clips do not latch in securely at all.
On the passenger side mat, there are no clips and the fit is not as fine as the OEM one.

Only reason I had to go for it to have a covering over the Center Tunnel, for which the rear mats do a perfect job.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20230908_182408.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20230908_182415.jpg
vidyanand is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks