Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2023, 10:50   #1366
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank4823 View Post
I get this noise while applying sudden brake at low speeds such as parking or at signals. Is this the noise you are talking about ? Vehicle in question is Topline AT.
https://Youtube.com/watch?v=ypu2Fp8KjOM
Yes, Its similar noise but when driving at high speed. It stops on its own.
Went for a test drive with SA yesterday and there was not noise. They feel there is no issue.
I have asked them to open the break pads and get them cleaned once. Need to check today if that has been done.
Old 13th August 2023, 09:30   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank4823 View Post
I get this noise while applying sudden brake at low speeds such as parking or at signals. Is this the noise you are talking about ? Vehicle in question is Topline AT.
https://Youtube.com/watch?v=ypu2Fp8KjOM
This sounds similar to what I was facing. Turns out the exhaust had dislodged from socket. Might want to check that. Attached pic shows where it got dislodged. Maybe you could take it to a fng and get it tightened.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230505_115500.jpg  

Zippy_wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 16:43   #1368
BHPian

Hi all,
Has any of you changed the red coloured strip in dashboard (see attached image) on GT models?
I have booked the GT Black Pearl (Edge edition) but the car came with Red strips which I don't like and want to get it changed with piano black or grey colour. I asked the dealer in Bangalore and the SA mentioned that I can get a film applied from outside shops. Is that durable? And if there is any recommendation for such a place, please let me know.

I saw a youtube short of a Virtus GT Edge delivery in Kerala with piano black inserts instead of red (attaching a screenshot from the youtube short link - )
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-whatsapp-image-20230804-11.27.24.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot-20230815-4.38.42-pm.png  

sizz28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 20:47   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizz28 View Post
I have booked the GT Black Pearl (Edge edition) but the car came with Red strips which I don't like and want to get it changed with piano black or grey colour.
Virtus GT Black Edge Edition won't have red inserts on the dashboard. Did you check the car in person with red inserts? I highly doubt that it will be red. Car comes with grey from factory, check the video below for reference-owner has not done any modifications.

VW 360 degree experience link also shows grey panel: https://volkswagenlabs.co.in/app/site/360/2023/Virtus/
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 22:30   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Virtus GT Black Edge Edition won't have red inserts on the dashboard. Did you check the car in person with red inserts? I highly doubt that it will be red. Car comes with grey from factory, check the video below for reference-owner has not done any modifications.
I checked the car in-person and it has red inserts. There were 2 GT edge edition vehicles and both had red inserts.
sizz28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 13:40   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizz28 View Post
I checked the car in-person and it has red inserts. There were 2 GT edge edition vehicles and both had red inserts.
Something doesn't feel right here. The GT edge I checked out had gray inserts in the inside like in the video of above post. In the video you attached, it looks piano black due to the reflections, its actually gray itself.

The car I checked was the first ever car arrived in Kerala. maybe now they changed it to red?
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 14:50   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Something doesn't feel right here. The GT edge I checked out had gray inserts in the inside like in the video of above post. In the video you attached, it looks piano black due to the reflections, its actually gray itself.

The car I checked was the first ever car arrived in Kerala. maybe now they changed it to red?
So the SA is saying that it comes in both colours. However, I have written an email to VW customer care to confirm.
Old 18th August 2023, 17:50   #1373
BHPian

Hi All!

I'm getting a weird noise (tractor like) from the engine while accelerating apart from the usual 3 cylinder clutter from my Virtus 1.0 TSI. Can anybody please guide or help me what this issue could be. Want to be well informed before visiting the service centre. This noise only started recently. I have completed 10,000 kms in last 10 months.

RaiAnish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 00:31   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
Hi All!

I'm getting a weird noise (tractor like) from the engine while accelerating apart from the usual 3 cylinder clutter from my Virtus 1.0 TSI.
I also have a 1.0 TSI and I've never encountered any such sounds. This is the case even after driving through rough patches and over moon craters at high speeds. You might want to check if the silencer has come loose from its mounting points. Have you gone over any significant bumps or scraped the underbelly? Please keep us updated on the outcome.
raycers_honda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 11:21   #1375
BANNED

Quote:
Hi All!

I'm getting a weird noise (tractor like) from the engine while accelerating apart from the usual 3 cylinder clutter from my Virtus 1.0 TSI.
Hey Buddy,

Please check the following in the particular order:

1. Open the hood latch only (do not lift the bonnet) and try accelerating till may 15-20km/hr and look for the sound. If its gone, your bonnet is not aligned properly and you need to adjust the rubber pieces.
2. If the bonnet thing doesn't solve, look for the turbo cover, maybe that is loose or installed incorrectly.
3. Lastly, look at the exhaust manifold and its vibration. (However, in a new car, I am highly doubtful).

You could additionally also do a ECU code check and see if anything is messed up in the injectors.

Hope it helps.
bhphog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 16:53   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All!

I'm getting a weird noise (tractor like) from the engine while accelerating apart from the usual 3 cylinder clutter from my Virtus 1.0 TSI. Can anybody please guide or help me what this issue could be. Want to be well informed before visiting the service centre. This noise only started recently. I have completed 10,000 kms in last 10 months.

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=jrTcnLkz1WE?

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=zzDPgSa8rAw?
Kindly check the engine mounts. Loose mounts have been an issue in earlier Polo's as well.
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 16:39   #1377
BHPian

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm not able to ascertain the cause myself. I also feel it usually gets worse after driving with AC for about 30 mins. Not sure about it though

I'll get it checked at the service centre and will double check the points suggested above.
Old 20th August 2023, 17:48   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Virtus GT Updates - Part 8

Another thing I added recently was some Ambient lighting via the many USB ports in the car since 20 lakh was not enough to add footwell lighting
Hi, could you please post the link for these USN lights? Where did you get these from?
Old 20th August 2023, 21:31   #1379
BHPian

Hi BHPians, I am getting a discount of ~40k on July manufactured GT Plus Automatic. Including insurance, service pack, and 4+2 extended warranty, it's coming out to be 20.8lac on road Gurgaon. I get to take my own insurance and no forced accessories from dealer. Is this good for GT plus dsg or do you think I can get a better deal?

Last edited by SidR : 20th August 2023 at 21:33.
Old 20th August 2023, 22:21   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
Hi BHPians, I am getting a discount of ~40k on July manufactured GT Plus Automatic. Including insurance, service pack, and 4+2 extended warranty, it's coming out to be 20.8lac on road Gurgaon. I get to take my own insurance and no forced accessories from dealer. Is this good for GT plus dsg or do you think I can get a better deal?
Wait till Nov-Dec, you can get better deal. 40K is peanuts.
VRSriram is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks