Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2023, 15:05   #1351
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

I am planning to purchase the Virtus 1.5 GT Plus Edge edition (Automatic) in Bangalore.
The dealer is saying that no discounts available. Only discount from the list price I have got is on the insurance (quoted ~65k for Zero Depreciation + RTI + Engine Protect). Considering that this is a limited edition with waitlist, is there any scope of negotiation here?

Only freebies are based on some Monsoon offer which give 1 or 2 free services (with T&C that I haven't got yet). The dealer has added 15k standard accessories (paid by me) - any recommendations what accessories should I go for. I am also planning to get 2 years extended warranty added.

Any other suggestions on what else should I consider? I have downloaded the PDI checklist and will go into details of that to prepare myself.
Old 4th August 2023, 00:27   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanravi View Post
Took delivery of my Comfortline in Lava Blue yesterday, The reason I chose the VW over the Honda was because I've been a Honda driver for 10 years now.
Congratulations on your new ride. Lava blue looks astonishing in the day and fantastic at night. I too had been a Honda driver for almost 20 years. First with the type 2 2003 model and then with the ivtec 2011 model. Both cars had amazing engines but I went for a change because of quality of metal. Both cars were rust buckets.
Having owned a vento side by side, while the city’s body work was deteriorating, the Vw body work was tough and till today not a dot of rust on the body panels.
Old 4th August 2023, 10:54   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Thank you. The wheel and tyre upgrade is from my end.
Hello, did you purchase the wheels from Skoda or are they after market? If you don't mind can you share the price of the alloys. They really look good on the Virtus, design is similar to the Octavia vRS 245.
Old 4th August 2023, 10:58   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Hello, did you purchase the wheels from Skoda or are they after market? If you don't mind can you share the price of the alloys. They really look good on the Virtus, design is similar to the Octavia vRS 245.
Hi, this was purchased from Skoda. I have PM’d you the details
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 01:06   #1355
BHPian

Virtus GT Updates - Part 11

Delivery Date: 27th September 2022
ODO: ~11.5K KM

This update is on the negative side - I am starting to run out of patience with the constant things that keep happening to my car. Earlier I was okay with it and enjoyed the troubleshooting, but now despite multiple visits to the service center, I am back at square one in terms of active issues. I fixed one, but a new one has come up. One that is bothering me big time.

In the previous update, there was a clicking noise from the clock spring and a really slow window motor on the driver's side of the car. VW tried to fix this but despite the lubrication of both items, it was not resolved. I won't mention the exhaust coming off its hangar as that's a one-time event (that has happened to me 3 times, mostly at my own fault).

After the failed fix above, I was driving along to work, and upon braking, I started to hear a recurring thud-thud noise each time I applied the brakes, it was happening at every rotation of the wheel (so is my thought).

This behavior then changed to the noise being heard also when braking a bit harder and not only when braking softly with consistent pressure. Anyhow, I parked the car at work and then at lunch with another enthusiastic colleague went for a spin; the noise didn't appear (as expected when you want to demonstrate an issue to someone), but right at the end of our test drive, it came back. We decided that we need to call our local expert (he is a master of his craft).

Called our FNG expert tech to come with a jack and inspect both front brakes - nothing out of the ordinary was found, and nothing was found out of the ordinary at the rear either. Time to send the car to the service center for some “expert service”.

Since the car was going to the service center, I asked for a replacement of the clock spring, window motor, and a diagnostic of this odd braking sound. I dropped the car off early in the morning and was assured that all issues will be resolved as per the SoP. Such was the case with certain issues, but not all.

Issue 1 - New clock spring, yes it was replaced, but the new one now makes the same clicking sound but much louder, but limited to the left rotation of the steering instead of both sides

Issue 2 - Slow window, new motor, and channel, problem solved. It's good enough now. However, the window up/down issue does happen every now and then.

Issue 3 - Brakes, they said they drove the car around, but I don't believe them as the tracker was disconnected, the KMs traveled was low and fuel burn was negligible. Brakes were so-called cleaned, however, one day later it was evident that nothing was done as the noise was back. I reported it a few days later and they didn't seem surprised.

I am as mentioned at the start of the post, reaching the end of my patience. There is always something; I know it's not too much, but every few weeks between issues is not what I want to sign up for. Despite knowing what VW is about with my Polo GT and Jetta DSG, this is more annoying than both of those older vehicles combined. I do feel like a test subject at this stage.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230728_204221.jpg

All new mods/experiments have been put on hold, i.e. exhaust and 17-18in wheels.

Any advice on the brakes will be appreciated. Thanks.
vividhavasthi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 20:10   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanravi View Post
Took delivery of my Comfortline in Lava Blue yesterday, and swapped the rims for Lenso Dyna Jager today.

I'll end by saying the Lava Blue is a difficult color to photograph, depending on where the light is, you may or may not see a Blue, but that is the charm of this color!
I have the same color and I couldn't agree more. The color is a head turner and makes road presence thousand times more than White which the most common car color in India. I am so jealous of those alloys which you have. The absence of Chrome makes it amazing. Congrats on your purchase. Drive safe.
Old 5th August 2023, 20:40   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Virtus GT Updates - Part 11

Delivery Date: 27th September 2022
ODO: ~11.5K KM

This update is on the negative side - I am starting to run out of patience with the constant things that keep happening to my car. Earlier I was okay with it and enjoyed the troubleshooting, but now despite multiple visits to the service center, I am back at square one in terms of active issues. I fixed one, but a new one has come up. One that is bothering me big time.

All new mods/experiments have been put on hold, i.e. exhaust and 17-18in wheels.

Any advice on the brakes will be appreciated. Thanks.
Did a Test drive of 1.5 DSG today. Even on the ever congested roads of Andheri Mumbai it did give glimpse of how good the car is to drive.
However, I am worried about the reliability for sure. Having driven a Jazz CVT for 5 years and 50k kms on pothole ridden roads of Mumbai, with some long drives to Goa and Mahabs etc in between, without a fuss and not having to visit the service centre outside the schedule ever, am not sure if I will be able to enjoy the 1.5 freely BUT I do want to enjoy the rush that driving such a responsive engine and gear box combo gives. Lets see if heart wins over the head.
Shanks_Jazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 20:59   #1358

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
My friend's Kushaq Active (1L TSI Manual) was coded last year and this was one of the feature that got unlocked.
Hi. thanks. could you guide where and how to get it done? Would appreciate a reply.
Old 5th August 2023, 22:55   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini_Delhi View Post
Hi. thanks. could you guide where and how to get it done? Would appreciate a reply.
Please help to check Dr Code My VAG handle on instagram(Link here), he will be able to assist. Coding was done from them which helped unlock the Hill assist feature.
Old 6th August 2023, 15:39   #1360

My dad is planning to get Virtus. He is having a dilemma over 1.5 GT or 1.0 TSI. He currently owns a 4th gen City diesel. His driving style is a bit more enthusiastic than the usual drivers in my experience. The budget isn't a big problem. He has planned to test drive both the GT and 1.0. He is planning to own this car for a long time(probably 8+ years) I'd like to know the owner's experience, recommendations, and things to be aware of.
Old 7th August 2023, 09:35   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
This behavior then changed to the noise being heard also when braking a bit harder and not only when braking softly with consistent pressure. Anyhow, I parked the car at work and then at lunch with another enthusiastic colleague went for a spin; the noise didn't appear (as expected when you want to demonstrate an issue to someone), but right at the end of our test drive, it came back. We decided that we need to call our local expert (he is a master of his craft).

Issue 3 - Brakes, they said they drove the car around, but I don't believe them as the tracker was disconnected, the KMs traveled was low and fuel burn was negligible. Brakes were so-called cleaned, however, one day later it was evident that nothing was done as the noise was back. I reported it a few days later and they didn't seem surprised.
I have been having similar braking noise issue, but instead of while braking, I get that noise while driving and have constant grinding noise as well. This is only from front right brakes, everything else if fine. It started on its own while I was driving. The knocking sound was so loud that I though I hit something and went to check under car, but everything seemed all right. I gave it for service as well. But those guys kept car for a week for denting and painting but I doubt they looked into the brake issue. As soon as I left the SC, the noise was back.
I am going to give my car for checkup again today. But I doubt there will be any change.

Recently I see the service of VW has gone from bad to worse. No one pays heed to complaints and no one is interested in even providing the job card. They simply say we will send you later, but that never arrives.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th September 2023 at 15:51. Reason: Break = Brake. Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
saats07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 10:37   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saats07 View Post
I have been having similar braking noise issue, but instead of while braking, I get that noise while driving and have constant grinding noise as well. This is only from front right breaks, everything else if fine.
It started on its own while I was driving. The knocking sound was so loud that I though I hit something and went to check under car, but everything seemed all right.
I gave it for service as well. But those guys kept car for a week for denting and painting but I doubt they looked into the break issue. As soon as I left the SC, the noise was back.
I am going to give my car for checkup again today. But I doubt there will be any change.
Recently I see the service of VW has gone from bad to worse. No one pays heed to complaints and no one is interested in even providing the job card. They simply say we will send you later, but that never arrives.
Similar situation, the noise in my car also started when driving, comes from the right side front disks (so it seems), but only during braking for me.

My experience with VW service has not been bad, I've known the SA for the past 10 years and he makes a good effort to take care of my cars. The only thing is that when he doesn't have the information from VW themselves, there is little he can do about it.

For the moment the braking noise on my car has disappeared on its own. Hope it doesn't come back!

Last edited by Aditya : 4th September 2023 at 15:52. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 7th August 2023, 12:59   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saats07 View Post
I have been having similar braking noise issue, but instead of while braking, I get that noise while driving and have constant grinding noise as well. This is only from front right breaks, everything else if fine.
It started on its own while I was driving. The knocking sound was so loud that I though I hit something and went to check under car, but everything seemed all right.
I get this noise while applying sudden brake at low speeds such as parking or at signals. Is this the noise you are talking about ? Vehicle in question is Topline AT.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th September 2023 at 15:52. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 7th August 2023, 15:14   #1364
BHPian

Friends, I have heard about the braking noise from a couple of other owners as well. Some are still trying to get it resolved while others have bought into the VW logic of it being a harmless thing (I found it difficult to digest though)

For the prospective owners like me (waiting for festival season discounts), can the current owners share their experience in terms of the following types of issues:
- Issue occurred and resolved by VW (AC?)
- Issue occurred but VW has no solution (braking noise?)

Also, are 2022 batch cars more susceptible to these issues or the 2023 batch is equally vulnerable?

Every time I feel VW has addressed the issues, we get a few posts about an 'unresolvable' issue

Trying to get a bit more understanding of the issues, which will help me make up my mind.
Old 7th August 2023, 16:56   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer... View Post
Friends, I have heard about the braking noise from a couple of other owners as well. Some are still trying to get it resolved while others have bought into the VW logic of it being a harmless thing (I found it difficult to digest though)

For the prospective owners like me (waiting for festival season discounts), can the current owners share their experience in terms of the following types of issues:
- Issue occurred and resolved by VW (AC?)
- Issue occurred but VW has no solution (braking noise?)

Also, are 2022 batch cars more susceptible to these issues or the 2023 batch is equally vulnerable?

Every time I feel VW has addressed the issues, we get a few posts about an 'unresolvable' issue

Trying to get a bit more understanding of the issues, which will help me make up my mind.
I can give you my experience so far

1. AC felt inadequate, on first check the gas was removed and refilled, although it didn't make any difference (before AC update). Second time I complained and the gas was checked, the level was low, so it was topped up and the AC update was performed, this solved the problem. Additionally, I went with the VCDS route and got the evaporator settings changed and got the "more air" option selected. Now I feel its truly COLD. Took some tries, but its fixed (fingers crossed)

2. My steering clock spring has been changed once, and is still not working properly and is making clicking sounds, this is yet to be resolved.

3. Brakes, somedays there is no sound, some days there is. The pattern does indicate rain as that's when I get the most noise. After a few days of not being driven in rain, this sound doesn't come back. Im now on day 5 without noise. There is a persistent sound when braking in reverse, but that doesn't bother me.

4. Drivers Window, despite the update - sometimes the auto up / down just doesn't work properly.

Yes, the above issues can get annoying, but to be honest I tend to live with them because the car just puts such a big smile on my face when I step on it! After lowering my car with Cobra Springs, the handling compared to a regular Virtus has improved (at the cost of comfort and ground clearance reduction)

Hope this helps.
vividhavasthi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks