Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2023, 13:11   #1306
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

I just came to know about the GT 1.5 TSI DSG variant. Priced similar to Topline 1.0 AT. The dealership sales guy had no idea about this newly launched variant. God I hate cars having so many variants. It gets confusing. (Though it provides more options to the buyers which is understandable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saats07 View Post
I have recently got a dash cam for my Virtus. I connected it to 12v charging point and it works well.
But the issue I am facing is, even the the car is turned off, it doesn't cut power to the center console and the dash cam is always on. I am worried that it may drain battery.
Is this normal? Do I need to get my car checked for power even after switching it off?
I want to know the same. I would really like the dashcam to be ON 24x7 (just like on my old car dzire 2012) without draining the battery. It used to record full time while driving and It used to switch on for 10 seconds when it detects collision or a loud bang nearby while car is turned off.
Old 25th July 2023, 14:21   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
I have recently got a dash cam for my Virtus. I connected it to 12v charging point and it works well.
But the issue I am facing is, even the the car is turned off, it doesn't cut power to the center console and the dash cam is always on. I am worried that it may drain battery.
Is this normal? Do I need to get my car checked for power even after switching it off?
I believe the 12V are left on purposely. Even in my MK3 octavia, it’s always on. Not sure if it’s a bug or a feature
Old 25th July 2023, 14:49   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
But the issue I am facing is, even the the car is turned off, it doesn't cut power to the center console and the dash cam is always on
Not at issue. That is how VWs are wired. It will drain your battery over a prolonged period of time. Depends on how often you drive.
Old 25th July 2023, 14:55   #1309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
Not at issue. That is how VWs are wired. It will drain your battery over a prolonged period of time. Depends on how often you drive.
Thats actually not completely true. The BCM of the car is pretty intelligent to turn off features based on the state of charge of the battery. In fact the 12V socket is not always ON contrary to general belief. It is turned off after a certain duration of inactivity in the entire vehicle. This includes locking of all the doors, no controls pressed and no occupant in the car and so based on the complexity of the car. If I am not wrong it is 20 or 30 minutes after which there is a complete BUS sleep across the car. For some other features like engine electronics its 5 minutes. Each of these are turned on during certain events, like car unlock, door open, ignition etc.

Once I had kept my car unlocked for a long time but with doors closed, and then opened the door and connected a device to the 12v socket. It was shut off and turned on only after ignition ON.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 14:58   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
In fact the 12V socket is not always ON contrary to general belief. It is turned off after a certain duration of inactivity in the entire vehicle.
Try this - Use a 12 V socket charger with a light on it when power passes through it. I have one and hence my observations.
Old 25th July 2023, 15:29   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank4823 View Post
I just came to know about the GT 1.5 TSI DSG variant. Priced similar to Topline 1.0 AT. The dealership sales guy had no idea about this newly launched variant. God I hate cars having so many variants. It gets confusing. (Though it provides more options to the buyers which is understandable)

Source:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...19-lakh-428641
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20230725_152713_chrome.jpg  

msri3here is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 18:48   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
If I am not wrong it is 20 or 30 minutes after which there is a complete BUS sleep across the car.
I kept my dash cam connected for few hours to test this. Had recording for the entire time. Didnt switchoff, that's why concerned about battery drain.
Old 25th July 2023, 21:07   #1313
BHPian

Went for the PDI today. The Lava Blue color looks gorgeous in daylight. Even better than how it looks standing in the showroom display. Thanks to the PDI Checklist, the PDI went smooth. Delivery on Sunday. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
mayank4823 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 22:13   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Went for the PDI today. The Lava Blue color looks gorgeous in daylight. Even better than how it looks standing in the showroom display. Thanks to the PDI Checklist, the PDI went smooth. Delivery on Sunday. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Congratualtions. Its a beautiful car. I felt jealous of the Lava Blue color, even though I have a Red Virtus.
Happy Driving!!!
saats07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 22:59   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Got my Virtus GT Plus DSG delivered today from Volkswagen Calicut. A huge change in the dealership experience compared to my previous experience here in 2017 and one of the best sales team I have ever come across till date. The car runs on the Michelin PS4 225/45/17 straight from the showroom. Have to say, delightful team to work with and completely happy with the purchase. Straight away put 150kms and nothing to complain really.
Many Congratulations Ivin. That's one hot car there and even hotter rims! What a stance!

Looking forward to a smashing ownership review of this car.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 23:45   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Thank you. The wheel and tyre upgrade is from my end.
This looks awesome. Can you confirm if this will cause any warranty issues?
Old 26th July 2023, 00:43   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Congratualtions. Its a beautiful car. I felt jealous of the Lava Blue color, even though I have a Red Virtus.
Happy Driving!!!
Yes, I felt the same after seeing Lava Blue color. I own the red one as well
Old 26th July 2023, 22:59   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I want to know the same. I would really like the dashcam to be ON 24x7 (just like on my old car dzire 2012) without draining the battery. It used to record full time while driving and It used to switch on for 10 seconds when it detects collision or a loud bang nearby while car is turned off.
Quote:
Thats actually not completely true. The BCM of the car is pretty intelligent to turn off features based on the state of charge of the battery. In fact the 12V socket is not always ON contrary to general belief. It is turned off after a certain duration of inactivity in the entire vehicle. This includes locking of all the doors, no controls pressed and no occupant in the car and so based on the complexity of the car. If I am not wrong it is 20 or 30 minutes after which there is a complete BUS sleep across the car. For some other features like engine electronics its 5 minutes. Each of these are turned on during certain events, like car unlock, door open, ignition etc.

Once I had kept my car unlocked for a long time but with doors closed, and then opened the door and connected a device to the 12v socket. It was shut off and turned on only after ignition ON.
I have been using a dual channel dashcam from transcend and I use the 12v charging point. I feel this is an advantage in Virtus since there is no need to hardwire and lose warranty or even deal with issues related to slicing wires and tinkering with fusebox.
I just got the cam from amazon and installed if myself.

I typically unplug it when I park it at home since we have cctv in the society. But I leave it plugged in, in public places or areas that seem unsafe. So I get best of both worlds. Having said that, there have been instances (too many tbh) where I left it plugged in by mistake, or sometimes even intentionally, for 2/3/4 days without starting the car, and there were no battery issues. So I dont really bother too much with removing it. If I park at home and remember to remove it, I do, else I dont bother or even reopen the door to remove it, if I forget. That is only because I am pretty confident that the battery wont drain out in a day or two.

Also it remains on 24/7, it does not shut off after sometime. My adaptor has a light on it, if I go to the car right now - it will be lit.

Hope this helps!
Zippy_wheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 13:41   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Many Congratulations Ivin. That's one hot car there and even hotter rims! What a stance!

Looking forward to a smashing ownership review of this car.
Thank you. Let me find some time for the ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsristi View Post
This looks awesome. Can you confirm if this will cause any warranty issues?
Thank you.

It could cause a warranty issue. The warranty that they could deny is the steering column and associated parts warranty/ABS sensors warranty and I think it completely depends on the dealers and how they want to go about it.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 16:23   #1320
BHPian

Hi, to all those who recently bought the Virtus. I have a couple of questions. Any discounts going on for GT Plus Lava blue color? And, does VW provide 4 years service pack as standard (same as skoda)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks