Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2024, 15:18   #2311
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65 View Post
Fellow owners,
Couldn't find a definitive answer to this. Is it worth buying the Service Value Package? What's the potential difference in service costs with and without the SVP? I mean if it comes out to be 5-7k over a span of 4 years, I don't think it's worth it. But if it's more than 10k , I'm happy to pay the cost at 27k upfront.
If you follow VW service calculator for Virtus GT+, for a period of 4 years the estimated cost is 34290 exclusive of the GST. Adding the GST would be another 9600 approx. so it will be beneficial if you get the SVP. Also the rates might increase for few products with time but SVP users won't be impacted.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 19:34   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow owners,
Couldn't find a definitive answer to this. Is it worth buying the Service Value Package? What's the potential difference in service costs with and without the SVP? I mean if it comes out to be 5-7k over a span of 4 years, I don't think it's worth it. But if it's more than 10k , I'm happy to pay the cost at 27k upfront.

Dear PB65, I did some calc before opting for my SVP for the Topline 1.0AT, please go thru my earlier post. Its definitely worth it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5742249 (Volkswagen Virtus Review)
dieselOmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 21:27   #2313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
If you follow VW service calculator for Virtus GT+, for a period of 4 years the estimated cost is 34290 exclusive of the GST. Adding the GST would be another 9600 approx. so it will be beneficial if you get the SVP. Also the rates might increase for few products with time but SVP users won't be impacted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Dear PB65, I did some calc before opting for my SVP for the Topline 1.0AT, please go thru my earlier post. Its definitely worth it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5742249 (Volkswagen Virtus Review)
Thanks for the inputs. It's very helpful.
The concern I have is that a lot of owners have mentioned to be eagle eyed to remove the excessive service add-ons, thereby drastically reducing the service costs. And my car will only run for about 7k-8k km per year, thereby reducing the need of part replacements, since VW considers the intervals at 15k km. So half the running = 2x life of wear and tear parts. That's where I am actually confused, whether to opt for the SVP or not.

I believe I am correct with my assumptions, or am I missing something?
Old 28th August 2024, 21:54   #2314
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs. It's very helpful.
The concern I have is that a lot of owners have mentioned to be eagle eyed to remove the excessive service add-ons, thereby drastically reducing the service costs. And my car will only run for about 7k-8k km per year, thereby reducing the need of part replacements, since VW considers the intervals at 15k km. So half the running = 2x life of wear and tear parts. That's where I am actually confused, whether to opt for the SVP or not.

I believe I am correct with my assumptions, or am I missing something?
Engine oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Brake Fluid, Poly V belt, Spark plug and ATF fluid have to replaced regularly as per the recommendation in service manual to keep the engine good. It is good to keep an eye on the bill and always ask SA to send you list of items that will be replaced when you give the car for service. If anything additional has to be replaced, tell SA to ask you for replacement confirmation and replace only after confirmation.

4th year service looks to be costliest at ₹10k. If labor cost is waived in SVP, then it is good option to purchase.
Old 29th August 2024, 13:21   #2315
BHPian

My Virtus GT Plus completed 1 year this month and I got the 1 year/15k service done at the VW Hosur Road (Elite Motors) service centre.
Overall good experience - I reached there at 9:15am and had to wait for around 10-15 minutes for an advisor to be free. There weren't any issues as such that I was facing so the inspection was very quick. He checked the odo, engine bay and a survey of the vehicle condition from outside to see any scratches etc.
He suggested that as part of the 1yr service they will change the engine oil, brake oil/cleaner, change the filters and check the type alignment and balancing in addition to whatever standard inspection they do. I said no for tyre balancing/alignment as my car is very less driven (only 6k in 1 year) and haven't experienced any issues wrt balancing/alignment yet, moreover I know they rip off customers by charging 1.5x to 2x for such services. I had one complaint that was of driver window one touch down/up not working every time.
The initial estimate he gave was around 7k. I left the service center by 9:50am with an ETA of completing the service and ready to pick up on same day before 6pm.
I got 2 calls from the advisor during the service - one was to tell me that he has updated some software for the window motor setup and the 2nd was to push me to get the wheel alignment/balancing done. In the 2nd call the SA said that he test drove and felt the steering to be tight so I should get the alignment/balancing checked. I told him no firmly this time again.
Then I got a call that car will be ready to pick up by 4:30pm. So I reached there by 4:45pm and the car was ready. I got the bill from the SA which was for INR 5460 (attaching images with details). A couple of surprises for the charges was that they charges some 200 odd rupees for the software update and some random charges for disposable seat covers, rubber & plastic care which were total around INR 350. I didn't argue about these apart from asking clarification once and paid the bill and was on my way.

The main components in the bill breakup was - engine oil (4.7L worth INR 3150), Break cleaner (INR 599), AC Filter (INR 470), OIL Filter & Plug (INR 400) and GST of INR 800+ ().

Post service I have noticed much lower FE for first 2-3 days where when driving at 40-5m kmph on empty roads (e.g. the intermediate ring road etc) the FE was still 7kmpl or lower. I haven't taken the car for a long drive since then, so will observe and see how it goes.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-virtus-1year-service-charges-breakup.jpg  

sizz28 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 14:34   #2316

I came across an insightful interview with Ashish Gupta, Brand Director at Volkswagen. It’s a must-watch for all prospective VW customers.

**Key Takeaways:**
- Volkswagen has no plans to exit the market.
- Addressing service-related issues is a priority.
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) will be introduced in VW products, though the timeline is uncertain.
- No immediate plans for a sub-4-meter vehicle.
- The VW Ameo's failure was due to poor timing in the Indian market.
- The current Polo model will not be available in India.
- The Tayron SUV might be introduced in the Indian market.
- GTs and Topline VW models make up 60% of VW's portfolio.
- Diesel engines are not seen as a long-term solution.
- VW is also exploring CNG options.

I think overall it was a super insightful session. Must watch for all enthusiasts
OnePM is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 17:41   #2317

Virtus eating into Ciaz's market as well
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-pxl_20240830_093951346.mp2.jpg  

Prabodh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 19:40   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabodh View Post
Virtus eating into Ciaz's market as well
It looks like a personal car and it is against the law. Most of the central goverment department are not buying vehicles any more rather they are opting for contract carriers.
Old 31st August 2024, 08:56   #2319

I purchased Virtus GT Plus DSG in July 2024. Switching from Kushaq 1.0 MT Ambition, I was really worried about the fuel efficiency I was getting, Virtus was literally running around 7-8 kmpl in Noida traffic with a light foot. I noted a change in characteristic of the car after around 2200 kms on odo, now it changes gears more rapidly and remains in eco mode (2 cylinder) more often than earlier, efficiency has improved to around 9-11 kmpl with similar driving pattern. Was wondering if the ECU is programmed like that or it's just the mechanical setting in that has happened. Loving the new drive thoroughly, Kushaq was no bad choice either which I drove almost 42000 kms in 34 months.
Abhishek.ckt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2024, 11:10   #2320
BHPian

Does VW have any plans to bring in a lower version 1.5 Manual like the Slavia has? I don't care much for the sunroof or even ventilated seats for that matter. Also, any ongoing discounts for the manual?
Old 31st August 2024, 12:18   #2321

Getting the hood insulation installed today at VW.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-pxl_20240831_064205882.mp.jpg  

Prabodh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2024, 16:08   #2322

Here in Bangalore the service center say that the hood/bonnet insulation part itself isn't a genuine accessory and they don't even have it in their database.. Wondering if I could place an order for a courier and get it installed here in Bangalore.. checked in boodmo but couldn't find anything as such..
Old 31st August 2024, 19:40   #2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhead View Post
Here in Bangalore the service center say that the hood/bonnet insulation part itself isn't a genuine accessory and they don't even have it in their database.. Wondering if I could place an order for a courier and get it installed here in Bangalore.. checked in boodmo but couldn't find anything as such..
The part number for 'Virtus hood sound absorber' is 5JN863831. This was ordered by the showroom and it took a week for them to procure it from VW.
Prabodh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks