Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2024, 01:11   #2206
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Question to all GT Plus owners - do you have the red dashboard LED strip continuing on the right side of the infotainment system?

It's missing in mine, but the pic from the VW site shows it's there:

Volkswagen Virtus Review-digitalcockpit-1.jpeg
asethi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 11:47   #2207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Question to all GT Plus owners - do you have the red dashboard LED strip continuing on the right side of the infotainment system?

Attachment 2626582
Not there in mine too. So, it must be a artwork mistake or an intentional marketing tactic.
true_sedan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 12:26   #2208

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post

Attachment 2626582
The picture you have shared is Taigun, not Virtus.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th July 2024 at 16:44. Reason: typos
sha_RON_p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 15:06   #2209

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingswan View Post
Car looks great in this colour.
How was the experience?
I too recently did a trip to Gokarna, Goa and Ganpatipule and one word to describe the experience with car is effortless. Three thousands kilometres in twelve days and no sign of fatigue.
Same with me.. travelling with family on such a long trip was as comfortable as I could expect.
Car was able to handle highways, roads and no-roads effortlessly. Cruising on highways at 120+ brought a confident smile. Car never scratched under-body while climbing (literally) on boulders; thanks for good ground clearance.

Single day return journey of 10+ hours drive gave no fatigue. I am super happy with my purchase and looking forward to many more trips in future

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th July 2024 at 16:45.
saneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 15:28   #2210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Dealer is calling for a Software update for my Virtus GT Plus 2023 although my service is due after 6 months.

Please share details of the update, if anyone got it done here. Not sure if this is only for ICE or for other performance related update as well.
I got my car serviced earlier this month (1.0 MT) and got 'A' software update done. It was apparently for the right front power window. Not sure if it is the same one you might be talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugmealer142 View Post
Hello everyone, I've been trying to purchase the new 6 airbags Virtus GT (non-plus) variant in either Andhra Pradesh or Tamil Nadu (have address proofs in both states).

But it's been difficult to find a dealership which has the vehicle either allocated or billed for that particular group.
You can try this guy in PPS Raidurg showroom, Hyderabad. He is very patient and eager to assist. You can tell him 'Rohit' (Red Highline 1.0 MT, bought in January 2024) referred you - Sandeep +91-9160001020

Last edited by Sheel : 18th July 2024 at 15:39. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Rohit_Quad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 01:16   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer is calling for a Software update for my Virtus GT Plus 2023.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
It was apparently for the right front power window. Not sure if it is the same one you might be talking about.
Got the updates done. There were 2 of them. They said the updates were for the ECM and to tackle some issue with low power at slow speed.
Will figure out of there is actually a performance change after a long drive over the weekend.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 02:21   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha_RON_p View Post
The picture you have shared is Taigun, not Virtus.
In that case, VW is using the wrong picture on its site as this was taken from the Virtus page.
asethi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 12:08   #2213

Quote:
Got the updates done. There were 2 of them. They said the updates were for the ECM and to tackle some issue with low power at slow speed.
Will figure out of there is actually a performance change after a long drive over the weekend.
As per the service center, the ECU update is to resolve the unnecessary error code P0106 triggered by the MAP sensor without any particular reason.
sha_RON_p is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 14:24   #2214
BHPian

Quote:
As per the service center, the ECU update is to resolve the unnecessary error code P0106 triggered by the MAP sensor without any particular reason.
This is a verified issue. I have a rosstech VCDS and everytime I scan the car I get this P0106 error code. It's intermittent and does not affect driveability in any way. But mildly annoying though as it is confusing. The P0106 issue is a serious one if diagnosed to be true. Hope it's just a software thing and not anything serious.
true_sedan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 01:07   #2215
BHPian

Warning: The following set of images below may make you want to do two things: buy a Volkswagen Virtus or make you fall in love with sedans all over again.

These are photographs taken from the ever growing Virtus community in Delhi. Sent by a friend who is a non member but an eager and dedicated car enthusiast.

Hope the CEO of VW sees this post and realises there is a big market for their “over engineered” cars. Rather than blame the market, they should take action and frequently update the line up.

Images like these below prove that India does have a big untapped market for sedans. Specially world over, not just in India, at a time when everyone loves SUVs the craze for sedans is actually starting to pickup. I just pray that the Virtus doesn’t follow the same fate as the polo and vento which for on sale for almost a decade with almost zero updates.

Anyway, enjoy the images below. All photo credits to Mr Varun and his friends.
Sincerely thank him for sharing these with me and the community of team-bhp.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0005.jpeg
It’s all about learning , discussing and sharing things about cars. With that comes the great joy of making new friends who have one thing in common, love for their beloved Virtus.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0011.jpeg
Trust me, it’s not easy to get a formation like this. It’s takes great effort and coordination on everyone’s part to get a shot like this.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0010.jpeg
The Delhi Virtus group is big, these are just a handful of enthusiasts.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0008.jpeg
The joy of waking up on an early Sunday morning is a pleasure when car meets a done right.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0007.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0006.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0014.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0015.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0016.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0021.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0020.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0019.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0018.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0017.jpeg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240519wa0004.jpeg

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd July 2024 at 11:43. Reason: Removed few images.
raycers_honda is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 11:37   #2216

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Also, one-liner posts are best avoided.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 17th July 2024 at 08:45.
saneja is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th July 2024, 23:23   #2217

Recently upgraded from Kushaq Ambition 1.0 MT July 2021 model with 40k plus on odo to Virtus GT Plus DSG ES. Ride quality was definitely better in Kushaq probably due to higher aspect ratio of tyres. In gear acceleration of Virtus GT is mind blowing. AC performance is same, I don't feel any difference. One thing where I feel a big let down is the button layout and ease of use in steering mounted control, Virtus requires lot of button press for accomplishing simple tasks which we could do within seconds in Kushaq. Still doing my research on how to pause music and end calls from steering in my new Virtus. Music of 6 speaker setup of Kushaq is almost as good as 8 speaker plus subwoofer setup of Virtus, subwoofer doesn't seem to make much impact. Trying to understand the behaviour of new machine, shall share s detailed review soon, mostly focused on how I felt transitioning from Vento 1.6 TDI to Kushaq 1.0 to Virtus 1.5.
Abhishek.ckt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 23:27   #2218
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know.
One thing I did notice the car now revving higher before shifting to 2nd gear. Not sure if the 2nd update had to do with this. Also read the same behavior by someone on reddit after one of the update. Could be the reset of the DSG learning that will change again over usage. I was able to do only one long drive, will wait to see the response in regular traffic as well.

Last edited by vidyanand : 15th July 2024 at 23:28.
Old 16th July 2024, 12:30   #2219

Anyone in this thread has installed Rear Sunblind for the Virtus ?
Is it even legal in NCR ?
I want to gather thoughts before I purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-vw-accessories.jpeg  

Old 16th July 2024, 15:16   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saneja View Post
Anyone in this thread has installed Rear Sunblind for the Virtus ?
Is it even legal in NCR ?
I got the rear sunblind for my Virtus at the time I bought my car. While the sunblind itself is of excellent quality and fits well on the rear windshield, the fastener provided is absolutely crap. It is basically a hook stuck onto the windshield with a double-sided tape.

The fasteners drop off the glass in hot weather and are unable to hold the weight of the sunblind. There are hooks on the side of the sunblind as well but they alone are not sufficient to hold it in place. I have stuck up the fastener using an adhesive on the glass permanently as it is very small and non-intrusive even if I don't use the sunblind.

Regarding legality, I have never been questioned by the cops all across NCR regarding the sunblind, however, it does block off visibility inside the car significantly so may not be legal
Vibhanshu0923 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks