Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2024, 11:11   #2131
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboPetrol150 View Post

Advice Required

Also how has your experience been so far with the Virtus regarding performance, FE, reliability and build quality.
Hi,

Virtus is indeed one of the best options available if your priorities are performance, safety and comfort. Being a sedan it has benefits not only on practicality but comfort for those long weekend drives as well. Based on our 20k KMs experience with the GT, l can safely say you won't regret owing this.

Performance - Exhilarating, everything is the best you can get except for occasional jerks you might feel sometimes in bumper to bumper traffic.

FE - Surprising, I am getting more mileage than my Polo Diesel in the GT. 18+ on the highway and 10-12 within city(depends on the traffic in your area).

Reliability - Good, approx 2 years of this I have only taken the car to the service center for scheduled service and nothing else. No issues so far.

Build Quality - Good but could be better. The hard plastics are 10% down in quality than earlier PQ25 platform cars (Polo/Vento) and incase you keep something in your driver side door pockets it can rattle sometimes. That said, Virtus and Taigun have less rattling issues when compared to Slavia and Kushaq.

Slavia facelift should be launched by end of this year so expect Virtus to be updated sometime in June 2025 when it will be 3 years from the launch.

Happy hunting.

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 17th June 2024 at 11:15.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 15:16   #2132

Hey everyone,

Recently went for the Swagat 2nd checkup with ODO reading 3K for the Virtus AT. I have SVP for 4years & the SA pushed for Alignment, Rebalancing & AC disinfecting. While I refused initially, later asked them to go ahead. I wanted to be slightly prepared for the subsequent visits.
> Was the same recommended for any of you?
> What interval is good for alignment & rebalancing and where do you get it done?
> This is the first time I heard about AC disinfecting. How often should this be done?
Old 17th June 2024, 16:02   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckshmi View Post
Hey everyone,

I have SVP for 4years & the SA pushed for Alignment, Rebalancing & AC disinfecting. While I refused initially, later asked them to go ahead. I wanted to be slightly prepared for the subsequent visits.
You should have rejected all the services, it is not needed at all with a car done 3K. Dealers are just fooling away, I have the SVP for 4 years as well. Have not paid a penny to the dealer in 2 years.

Alignment is needed when you feel car is moving left or right on a straight road without you giving any steering inputs. I did my first alignment done at 17k and that too as I wanted to do tyre rotation. Prefer getting it done from outside, some good tyre shop near you, if you don't feel the need then can just do at 10k intervals.

AC disinfectant is another easy way used these days. Please show them the items mentioned in the VW Scheduled Service Calculator and ask them to strictly follow that until something is needed adhoc.

Service calculator
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 16:22   #2134

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
5JN 863 831 I'm having the same trouble with VW not able to source the part for me.
Any luck on this? Recently spoke to a VW bodyshop executive who said VW has stopped manufacturing this part and claimed Virtus never came with any insulation.
Old 17th June 2024, 16:30   #2135

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
You should have rejected all the services.

Please show them the items mentioned in the VW Scheduled Service Calculator.
Thank you for the response. Ended up paying 3K for these. Will be more careful going forward.

After the checkup, at very low/creep speed braking, there's a loud unpleasant noise/vibration - when checked with the SA, he asked to drive a few hundred more KMs and said that it could probably be that way due to lubrication and it would go away. Not sure if someone has faced this before.
lckshmi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 14:50   #2136
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Oh No.

This is heartbreaking. I too have faced almost the similar situation on my Polo GT during our visit to Goa last year when three coconuts fell on the bonnet. The damage was still an eye sore but thanked God that it wasn't the front or rear windshield because of that the car cannot be driven anyways.

Putting a tag on car with owners contact is a good idea. Gotta research how to do that and I will do it in my car too.
Rohitthebest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 15:43   #2137

Just a week before we bought the Virtus Base Model home. Budget was around 10L but not rigid. We already own 2018 Skoda Kodiaq, a 2011 Vento and 2016 Tavera. All three are diesel and due to the diesel rule we can not use Vento and Tavera in the cities. Earlier we were exploring EVs and since our major drive is on highways with at least 250 km in one go. EVs did not make much sense. Next it came to the body type: Sedans or Raised Hatchbacks (Kushaq, Creta etc).

We already have a crossover, and were more inclined towards sedans. It was clear that we will purchase either VW or Skoda. Took test drive of all 4 1.0 TSI MT cars : Kushaq, Slavia, Taigun, Virtus. There was not much difference that I could feel in the drivability factor. Under the hood all 4 are same. Then it came choosing the variants. We already have a feature loaded car, and my dad and I believed since our driver will only drive the car any driver assist features like reverse cam or 3d cam are not needed. Only requirement was AC to be effective and car to be comfortable.

The base model has the manual AC and not the auto climate control one plus based on review and experience manual AC is hassle free (maintenance wise) so without much thought we chose to go with base model. Styling wise I preferred Slavia's exteriors and Virtus' interiors. Dealer quoted Virtus' price 12.2L and Slavia around 13L and Slavia offered halogen lamps wheres Virtus were LEDs. VW dealer said car was avaialble for delivery the same day and Slavia would take a few days. Not giving any other thoughts we booked Virtus. The car is excellent no doubt, but I feel I made a mistake choosing the base variant. When we took the test drive it was the 1.0 MT top model. The interiors felt much more premium. The base model just feels lacking that appeal. Which I did not felt during PDI. Moreover now for some reason I am thinking should I have waited a few days and got the Slavia instead due it's exterior.

But anyways, the car is lovely. Love driving it. Of course the punchiness will not match the Kodiaq, (don't know why am I even comparing them) but yes could not have bought a better car at this price. Let's see how the ownership experience goes; have been costly with Kodiaq and Vento. Well, Vento is at service center since 10 days. So, yes, let's see how the car holds up. Will soon write a detailed experience.

Here are the pics with the Kodiaq (No vento as it is still at service center):

Volkswagen Virtus Review-885dbb25376147d28fc1573831d6b153.jpg
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_3889.jpg
Volkswagen Virtus Review-0d3a60a6cb4243818ac2545032e40981.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th June 2024 at 16:57. Reason: Corrected typos, adding spacing between paragraphs for better readability.
emperor is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 20:11   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
One thing I really want to get done is put a tag or a barcode that someone can scan in case of an emergency to contact me. Since I parked in a residential area, the watchmen and the residents were trying to find something to scan to get my contact details and alert me of the mishap.
My society utilizes Park+ RFID for entry/exit. The tag pasted on my windshield has a QR code which can be scanned to contact the owner. I haven't messaged anyone via their QR code yet. I tried scanning my own tag out of curiosity which opened a message window to contact the owner. I did not proceed further at that time. My assumption is that it would trigger a notification in the Park+ app. I believe Park+ uses the same tag for their Fastag as well.
furyrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 20:56   #2139
BHPian

Quote:

One thing I really want to get done is put a tag or a barcode that someone can scan in case of an emergency to contact me. Since I parked in a residential area, the watchmen and the residents were trying to find something to scan to get my contact details and alert me of the mishap. So, I think it's really important to have some kind of tag that one can scan.
You could try this

https://amzn.in/d/00uBlueA
rajivr1612 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 21:30   #2140
BHPian

Quote:
Luckily it did not rain on the of the event. One thing I really want to get done is put a tag or a barcode that someone can scan in case of an emergency to contact me. Since I parked in a residential area, the watchmen and the residents were trying to find something to scan to get my contact details and alert me of the mishap. So, I think it's really important to have some kind of tag that one can scan.
You can get a QR sticker from this website
https://ngf132.com/, per order they provide 2 stickers. I have these on my car and also on my bike.
kvamshi04 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 17:13   #2141
BHPian

Just had the pleasure of test-driving the Virtus GT+, and wow, what a fantastic car! I can't help but think SUV owners are missing out on something special here.

Initially, I was in the market for a mid-sized SUV. I wanted something fun to drive, but everything around the 20 lakh mark felt like a letdown.

Then, I decided to give the Virtus GT a try, and I was completely bowled over. I do have a few questions, though, and I'd appreciate some insights:

1. The salesman mentioned that the 1.5 engine is the same one used in Audis until recently. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
2. During my short drive, the back seat didn't seem too comfortable. For those who own the car, is back seat comfort an issue on longer drives?
3. What's the maximum discount I can realistically push for? The best offer I've received so far is around 95k (excluding insurance) after some serious negotiation.
4. The GT+ is 2.5 lakh more expensive that GT. For those who've made the jump, is the extra cost worth it?

Thanks in advance for your help!
naru80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 18:15   #2142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
Just had the pleasure of test-driving the Virtus GT+, and wow, what a fantastic car! I can't help but think SUV owners are missing out on something special here.

Initially, I was in the market for a mid-sized SUV. I wanted something fun to drive, but everything around the 20 lakh mark felt like a letdown.

Then, I decided to give the Virtus GT a try, and I was completely bowled over. I do have a few questions, though, and I'd appreciate some insights:

3. What's the maximum discount I can realistically push for? The best offer I've received so far is around 95k (excluding insurance) after some serious negotiation.
4. The GT+ is 2.5 lakh more expensive that GT. For those who've made the jump, is the extra cost worth it?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi,
I bought a VIRTUS GT DSG PLUS in April 24. Got a discount of 1 lakh on the final price including the insurance.

I did test drive the 1 Litre variant too. It definitely punches above it's weight, it drives well, but the GT in the sports mode is a delight to drive.

I have done a 1700km road trip and the drive was comfortable. But only our 6 year old son was in the rear seat. So can't comment much on the comfort factor. But one issue I noticed was that the railings on which the front seats slide, donot have a stopper or washer at it's rear edge. So the railings are exposed to the feet of the rear passengers.
Mustang111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 00:58   #2143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
The salesman mentioned that the 1.5 engine is the same one used in Audis until recently. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
Audi never offered any model with the 1.5 TSI in India. This is just a sales tactic your SA is trying on you.
"Saar, you are getting a car with an Audi engine, saar! What more can you ask for?"
TheGearBox is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 07:44   #2144
BHPian

Guys, I am surprised to hear 1L or 95K discount on Virtus GT+ off late in this thread. Are you referring to 2024 model OR 2023 VIN?
I bought GT+ this April and I had to really fight hard to get 33K cash discount that includes 23K on Insurance, 10K on loyalty and Free Basic Kit worth 12K.
Similar discount was offered in both Trichy [TN state] and Bangalore as well.
I was clearly/categorically told, nothing much could be done on 2024 GT+

Looks like, I didnt negotiate hard :(
Old 24th June 2024, 09:55   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Guys, I am surprised to hear 1L or 95K discount on Virtus GT+ off late in this thread. Are you referring to 2024 model OR 2023 VIN?
I bought GT+ this April and I had to really fight hard to get 33K cash discount that includes 23K on Insurance, 10K on loyalty and Free Basic Kit worth 12K.
Similar discount was offered in both Trichy [TN state] and Bangalore as well.
I was clearly/categorically told, nothing much could be done on 2024 GT+

Looks like, I didnt negotiate hard :(
Yes, the discounts were applicable.
In my case Black was a bit harder to negotiate but all the other colors were another 40k cheaper. So yeah the discounts are real. Mine is a Feb 2024 GT+
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks