Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2024, 10:58   #2116
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradhyum29 View Post
Good evening all,

Planning to buy a 1.5 dsg gt plus and have paid the booking amount. The dealer is offering a total discount of 60,000 on the ex showroom price and delivery is within 2 days.
Couple of questions for the group.
1. I've heard of cash discounts of above 1 lakh for 2024 cars. Can anyone confirm this?
2. Any other items I can push the dealer to throw in such as accessories, extended warranty etc?
You can always ask for more discount. But you've shown your hand by making a booking and showing too much interest in the car. That's why the dealer has given low discount because he is pretty sure that you will buy the car.

That apart what you can do is:
1) Threaten to cancel the booking if more discount is not given.
2) Threaten to buy skoda slavia with more discount.

Either of the above two strategies may increase your discount. But keep your fingers crossed. That dealership might be doing good business negating the need for offering huge discounts.

What color did you book? Special colours like lava blue and edge black edition have always had low discounts.
true_sedan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 12:44   #2117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradhyum29 View Post
Good evening all,

Planning to buy a 1.5 dsg gt plus and have paid the booking amount. The dealer is offering a total discount of 60,000 on the ex showroom price and delivery is within 2 days.
Couple of questions for the group.
1. I've heard of cash discounts of above 1 lakh for 2024 cars. Can anyone confirm this?
2. Any other items I can push the dealer to throw in such as accessories, extended warranty etc?
3. Is the road tax on ex showroom or discounted ex showroom?
4. Can anyone help me with a pdi process / checklist please?

Thanks in advance.
1. Are you sure, 2024 GT+ variants have 1+ lakh discount? I know, 1.0 TSI of 2024 VIN having discounts around a lakh or so. Also, 2023 GT+ have some discounts.
3. Roadtax is always on the announced ex-showroom, NOT on the discounted ex-showroom price.
4. PDI checklist - Search in our forum, you will get multiple checklists. Choose the one that you like

In general, I have seen Bangalore dealers offering 50-60K cash discount on 2024 model, but they dont have scope with insurance negotiation.

Prem.
Old 11th June 2024, 16:53   #2118

Thanks for the response. Yes, just booked the 2024 model. Ended up getting around 72,500 discount plus accessories worth 11,500 for free. I am buying the insurance separately and not through the dealer.

Delivery is in 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
1. Are you sure, 2024 GT+ variants have 1+ lakh discount? I know, 1.0 TSI of 2024 VIN having discounts around a lakh or so. Also, 2023 GT+ have some discounts.
3. Roadtax is always on the announced ex-showroom, NOT on the discounted ex-showroom price.
4. PDI checklist - Search in our forum, you will get multiple checklists. Choose the one that you like

In general, I have seen Bangalore dealers offering 50-60K cash discount on 2024 model, but they dont have scope with insurance negotiation.

Prem.
Old 11th June 2024, 19:14   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodbollini View Post
I have installed the STEK Nex 70 on all glass surfaces.
Hi Vinod, could you pls share photos for reference ?
Old 13th June 2024, 18:37   #2120
BHPian

De-chroming done at 3M near home!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-1806dd601d9449c68df67d7ac52bbf7b.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_0476.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_0477.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-852d8bb0e16f403aa262af341d396985.jpeg  

punto_ is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 01:45   #2121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhead View Post
Are there any good options for rat repellant or parking cover ? Please share links. My car is slated for delivery next week. My building has an open parking hence worried about dust accumulation and rats.
Car cover - You can try the OEM.

Rodent repellent - This is the best I have seen and used. Works beautifully without draining battery even if parked for a few weeks.

https://www.amazon.in/Loraffe-Under-...78a4fe4ab84d3e

Last edited by Chethan B G : 14th June 2024 at 01:47.
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 10:06   #2122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Beautifully done . You are adding more reasons to enjoy your 1L TSI upgrade to 1.5 TSI .
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 11:39   #2123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Beautifully done . You are adding more reasons to enjoy your 1L TSI upgrade to 1.5 TSI .
Thank you! Yeah, I want to make it count! 😎

I need to build some cash reserves before speakers and damping work upgrades. 😅
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 08:59   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
How did you do the de-chroming? Did they have to remove the parts, or was it just a direct wrap? It's on my wish list, but I'm very skeptical about whether the parts or trims will be fixed back properly.

Black looks so good on the Virtus. Unfortunately, when I booked mine two years ago, black was not introduced yet.

The next couple of things on my to-do and wish list are:

Speaker upgrade along with a woofer (VW woofer is frightfully expensive).
360 camera (instead of the silly start/stop feature, they should have given a 360 camera).
Seat covers (looking for a good design, if anyone can share pics).
Rear lip spoiler.
The most important next step is film on the rear glass (see attached pics for the reason).

So a coconut fell on the car damaging the rear glass and the dicky.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240612wa0038.jpg
The shock. Luckily it did not rain on the of the event. One thing I really want to get done is put a tag or a barcode that someone can scan in case of an emergency to contact me. Since I parked in a residential area, the watchmen and the residents were trying to find something to scan to get my contact details and alert me of the mishap. So, I think it's really important to have some kind of tag that one can scan.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240613wa0000.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240613wa0001.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240613wa0011.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240613wa0014.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240613wa0013.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240613wa0004.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240613wa0005.jpg
raycers_honda is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 09:28   #2125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
How did you do the de-chroming? Did they have to remove the parts, or was it just a direct wrap? It's on my wish list, but I'm very skeptical about whether the parts or trims will be fixed back properly.

Black looks so good on the Virtus. Unfortunately, when I booked mine two years ago, black was not introduced yet.

The next couple of things on my to-do and wish list are:

Speaker upgrade along with a woofer (VW woofer is frightfully expensive).
360 camera (instead of the silly start/stop feature, they should have given a 360 camera).
Seat covers (looking for a good design, if anyone can share pics).
Rear lip spoiler.
The most important next step is film on the rear glass (see attached pics for the reason).

It’s a direct wrap.. I m doubtful on its longevity. The 3M guys promised to support in case of any peel offs.

Yeah black really looks good on this car.

If I end up doing a speaker upgrade, I might consider doing sub upgrade as well. But it won’t be anytime soon.

Reg films on the rear and front glasses, are there any 100% clear but have some sort of uv protection and heat rejection options in the market?

That coconut impact looks pretty bad. I didn’t expect it could have such an impact. Must be a large coconut! :(

Last edited by punto_ : 15th June 2024 at 09:30.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 13:17   #2126

Hello everyone, I first year insurance renewal is coming up in 2 weeks time. I have Reliance General Insurance and trying to go with them as I've read in Team BHP is that if we stick to a single provider for first 5 years, we'll get RTI coverage throughout.

First query I have is in the quote now shared with me, the IDV = RTI, shouldn't RTI value be equal to the invoice price at the time of purchase or value of same model now, whichever is lower? Then why is the agent showing the value of IDV and RTI both the same?

Another related query is while purchasing the car last year, I specifically asked the salesman to include RTI, he mentioned that Total Cover is same as RTI and I got convinced. But now when I check the Add-on Covers in my existing insurance policy, RTI box is not checked and looks like there's a small difference between the 2. Can I have RTI included now? Is it the reason why the new quote from Reliance is showing IDV = RTI?

Lessen for new car buyers, double check everything yourselves while purchasing!
Old 15th June 2024, 14:27   #2127

Advice Required

Hi guys, I am currently driving a 21MY Thar Petrol. It has been a great companion throughout the years and its been a very good ownership experience so far. But in recent times due to its obvious shortcomings i.e impracticality, low fuel efficiency and bumpy ride, I am planning to replace my ride in the coming months. One of the cars I have shortlisted is the Virtus GT, having done some research on the car in the internet I believe this is the most performance and driving pleasure oriented car one can buy within the budget of 20-30lacs. However would now in July-August 2024 be a good time to buy a Virtus considering it has been in the market for about 2 years and might be due for a facelift and there have also recently been photos of a camouflaged Slavia being tested. Also how has your experience been so far with the Virtus regarding performance, FE, reliability and build quality.
TurboPetrol150 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 17:29   #2128
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely drool worthy pics! A definite looker!

Quote:
Ohh! Heartbreaking to see the pictures.

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th June 2024 at 18:26. Reason: minor
Dreamlifter.07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 20:05   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboPetrol150 View Post

Advice Required

Hi guys, I am currently driving a 21MY Thar Petrol. It has been a great companion throughout the years and its been a very good ownership experience so far. But in recent times due to its obvious shortcomings i.e impracticality, low fuel efficiency and bumpy ride, I am planning to replace my ride in the coming months. One of the cars I have shortlisted is the Virtus GT, having done some research on the car in the internet I believe this is the most performance and driving pleasure oriented car one can buy within the budget of 20-30lacs. However would now in July-August 2024 be a good time to buy a Virtus considering it has been in the market for about 2 years and might be due for a facelift and there have also recently been photos of a camouflaged Slavia being tested. Also how has your experience been so far with the Virtus regarding performance, FE, reliability and build quality.
Having owned Slavia for 2 years and now the Virtus for 2 months, I would say for driving pleasure these two are easily the best in the market.

I’ve not had any reliability issues with my ownership of Škoda and so far Virtus has been problem free. Build quality in general is great except the plastics which creak. I felt this is slightly worse in Slavia.
In city FE will be around 10 totally depends on traffic conditions. If it’s not stop and go you can squeeze upto 12. Highway can be anywhere between 14-18 depending upon your way of driving.

If you are not in a hurry I would say wait for the Slavia refresh which is due most likely this festive season. Virtus facelift might be at least a year away.
punto_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 21:13   #2130
BHPian

Quote:

Its so heart breaking to see the pictures :(
The Pianist is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks