Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2024, 12:03   #1891

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Some photos of the Silver Bullet Volkswagen Virtus Review-silver-bullet-unveiled.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-bullet.jpg
silver_bullet24 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 15:35   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_bullet24 View Post
Some photos of the Silver Bullet
Congrats!!! Very welcome to the Virtus club.

Silver looks great.

Wishing you happy and safe miles ahead.

Cheers
shiv4747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 15:59   #1893

Thank you so much, shiv4747. Happy to join the Virtus club. Didn't short-change myself and didn't compromise on my happiness by ensuring that I go for the GT PLUS. Yes, Reflex Silver looks really nice and is our first car in this colour. Our usual favorite Red and Deep Black were tempting, as also the season's flavour Lava Blue. Decided to try something different this time.

The lack of key features in VW / Skoda cars is still disappointing, though.
silver_bullet24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 16:05   #1894

New VW Virtus Variant- GT Plus Sport

VW launched a slightly different GT sport variant for the Virtus along with the Taigun. While Taigun looks like a new car the changes in the Virtus are barely noticeable)

Now their variants will be split into 3 categories
GT Plus Chrome (same as before)
GT Plus Edge (deep black pearl and matte grey)
GT Plus Sport: (changes listed below)
  • Black Chrome trim pieces on front facia, curtain and rear bumper
  • Red GT badging
  • GT badging with red insert on steering wheel
  • Black and Red stitching on upholstery
Volkswagen Virtus Review-65fbec463f99c.jpeg

While I do think this makes the car look better, especially on lighter colors, Most people can get the dechroming done at their local dealer, so it may not be worth a price increase.

Prices are not revealed yet, and deliveries will start in second half of 2024
VtechSupreme is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:40   #1895
BHPian

Was expecting upgrades related to 360 degree camera, Live TPMS , better Rear Camera and others but yet again only cosmetic changes.

So that's it for 2024 mostly there won't be any major upgrades like the counter parts.
TonyJames is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 08:46   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJames View Post
Was expecting upgrades related to 360 degree camera, Live TPMS , better Rear Camera and others but yet again only cosmetic changes.

So that's it for 2024 mostly there won't be any major upgrades like the counter parts.
This attempt falls far short of expectations. Marketing leaders responsible for initiatives like this should be replaced. Superficial changes and cosmetic enhancements belong in the past. The real focus should be on adding meaningful features. Customers choose other brands because of what they offer. While Volkswagen prioritizes driveability, dynamics, and build quality, these factors appeal to only a fraction of the market. The majority want these qualities plus the features offered by competitors. Hopefully, the PR team or marketing department is monitoring forums and will take this feedback seriously and read this statement :- Do your job properly; don't deliver inconsequential updates.
raycers_honda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 12:05   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodbollini View Post
Not the perfect answer, but you can get some sense from the service cost calculator on the VW website.
https://www.volkswagen.co.in/app/sit...ostcalculator/

Also helpful in shooing off unnecessary and optional things that the service folks will push.
Thanks vinodbollini for your inputs. I did go thru the link you mentioned & its quite helpful & gave me clear idea regd upcoming possible service costs. I have decided to opt for the 4years/services@33K SVP option therefore (for my 1.0_Topline_AT).

Did some calculation regd the SVP (I am guessing most other Virtus owners opted for it - am I wrong?). The total service cost including labour is coming around 48K which they are offerring at 33K if I pay upfront. Is my calc correct - if true - then its a good offer I would say, please correct me if I am going anything wrong here. Here's the calc
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-capture.jpg  

dieselOmaniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 15:36   #1898

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_bullet24 View Post
VIRTUS GT Plus – An Ownership experience

Closing remarks: While I still look longingly at a Tiguan and admire the tech-features of the Kia Seltos, I enjoy the drive experience of VW Virtus GT Plus and look for excuses to take it out on a spin. That truly brings a smile to my face.
You have no idea how much validation I have received from your post. I am currently purchasing a Virtus GT. I had a budget of 25L and I looked at 2 cars initially. ScorpioN and Seltos GTX Turbo Petrol. I found that Seltos had all the sufficient features and great cabin so it was an overall sensible purchase, but it didn't excite me. I made the booking for the Seltos as I was also getting a massive discount. However, a few days later just for fun I TD the virtus and I was in love. I knew I had to cancel my booking because of the simple feeling that I didn't want the TD to end, I knew that while I'll get bored of the features and the new car feeling and the fit and finish, I'll never get bored of that smile I got when driving the Virtus. I am all prepared to take delivery of my Virtus GT in reflex silver, although not gonna lie, I have thoughts of purchasing a used 2019 octavia 1.8 TSI sometimes, as it is a perfect car in my mind. Reading your pos solidified my feelings about the virtus.

P.S. I am confused between silver and grey, leaning more towards grey and would like to know what color you guys like more.
VtechSupreme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 23:07   #1899

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminivirtus View Post
Hello everyone, I own a Virtus AT Highline. During long stops, I put the car into neutral from D1 (or D2) so that the brakes don't wear out. When I do so, I can feel a slight jerk. I am not sure why that's happening because as per my understanding, there's no physical connection between the engine and drive shaft in the case of a Torque Converter. Could anyone please let me know if it's ok to shift from drive to neutral when the engine is running, or do I need to keep pressing the brake pedal for the entire duration of stop (upto 2-3 mins)?
There is a long discussion on this topic. Short answer: Remain in D as long as the vehicle auto stops due to the Auto-start-stop function, if you are tired of holding the brake pedal for long; move it to N and sit on hand breaks.

Movement of D - N is a shift, when the vehicle is automatically off, you can avoid a shift, but your legs hurt or you get tired of being in hold break position. Also when you release the brake pedal a little vehicle will start & move in signal.

What do I do? I just don't like keeping my leg on the brake pedal, I move it to N with hand breaks on signals.
TurboCruiser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 23:20   #1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtechSupreme View Post

P.S. I am confused between silver and grey, leaning more towards grey and would like to know what colour you guys like more.
Silver will help with the heat, but I prefer grey: it's a corporate colour. Also, whites & silvers are taxi colours.

No colour is good or bad. Eventually, it's your personal choice.

Congratulations & Best of luck !!
TurboCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 09:36   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
P.S. I am confused between silver and grey, leaning more towards grey and would like to know what color you guys like more.
"I think Virtus looks great in any color. At first, I was thinking of buying it in Rising Blue or Black, but since I'm currently living in an apartment with an open parking area, I need a color that requires minimal upkeep. That's why I decided to choose white, which has many advantages over other colors. However, ultimately, it's your car, so if you prefer grey, feel free to choose it."
shiv4747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 13:59   #1902

Quote:
Mine is Carbon Steel Grey. Silver looks good (virtus looks good in all colors), but need to check how the car would look once the paint fades in like 5 years time. Our old car Swift was also grey and the paint looked fine even after 12 years, that was one of the reasons to go with grey Virtus. Also, in our grey, dust is not clearly visible, (right now living in a dusty place due to construction work on opposite plot). And as TurboCruiser mentioned, it's a "corporate" color.
geminivirtus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 13:02   #1903

Quote:
You have no idea how much validation I have received from your post. I am currently purchasing a Virtus GT. I had a budget of 25L and I looked at 2 cars initially. ScorpioN and Seltos GTX Turbo Petrol. I found that Seltos had all the sufficient features and great cabin so it was an overall sensible purchase, but it didn't excite me. I made the booking for the Seltos as I was also getting a massive discount. However, a few days later just for fun I TD the virtus and I was in love. I knew I had to cancel my booking because of the simple feeling that I didn't want the TD to end, I knew that while I'll get bored of the features and the new car feeling and the fit and finish, I'll never get bored of that smile I got when driving the Virtus. I am all prepared to take delivery of my Virtus GT in reflex silver, although not gonna lie, I have thoughts of purchasing a used 2019 octavia 1.8 TSI sometimes, as it is a perfect car in my mind. Reading your pos solidified my feelings about the virtus.

Hey, VtechSupreme, thanks for going through my very longish post. It was a dilemma that I was going through and hence, I just posted my entire purchase experience so that future buyers would benefit. You have put it very nicely that once we get bored of the features, its the drive which will continue to bring smiles to our face for miles and miles. As others have commented, all colours look good on Virtus. I am super happy with Reflex Silver and it really stands out amongst a sea of carbon gray (I think dealers offer a good deal on it), Red and black. Lava Blue is very popular nowadays. The quality of paint of VW is superior to many other cars.

I am a bit of a geek and I do wish that VW would add genuine tech in future models and not just make cosmetic changes. Lack of Auto Hold in Mumbai's horrendous traffic is totally unforgiveable. Its also time to introduce ADAS Level 2 and give the customer the choice to decide whether to use it or not.

The audio of the VW Virtus has improved vastly after the addition of the sub-woofer and amplifier. Being a bit of an audiophile, I found the sound quality to be better than some of the other cars.

I am sharing the photos of the puddle lamps. They really look striking in the night. However, proper installation with extra taping is essential to avoid any rattling sounds.

Pix of Ambient Light and Puddle Lamps:

Wishing you happy and safe driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-lhs.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-light.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-rhs.jpg  

silver_bullet24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 23:06   #1904
BHPian

Finally almost made up my mind to go ahead with Virtus GT DSG to replace my Global Fiesta Petrol 1.5. Liked the red Virtus the best but not a fan of red interiors. The dilemma is between Lava Blue and Silver. Prefer the Lava Blue slightly more as it's the only non dual tone color available. But Lava Blue too comes with black alloys and red brake calipers. Would have been better with normal coloured calipers and alloys. Also thought the wiper blades were out of place, looked cheap/ cost cutting measure. Everything else felt satisfactory. And most importantly the drive was a pleasure. Everything was spot on while driving the car. Guess other factors are trivial or secondary. Looking for comments and suggestions...
Mustang111 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 02:39   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang111 View Post
Finally almost made up my mind to go ahead with Virtus GT DSG to replace my Global Fiesta Petrol 1.5. Liked the red Virtus the best but not a fan of red interiors. The dilemma is between Lava Blue and Silver. Prefer the Lava Blue slightly more as it's the only non dual tone color available. But Lava Blue too comes with black alloys and red brake calipers. Would have been better with normal coloured calipers and alloys. Also thought the wiper blades were out of place, looked cheap/ cost cutting measure. Everything else felt satisfactory. And most importantly the drive was a pleasure. Everything was spot on while driving the car. Guess other factors are trivial or secondary. Looking for comments and suggestions...
Congratulations in advance. You can try swapping your black alloys with the Topline variant alloys here on this forum or ask the service center guys to connect you with someone. Someone installed the Kushaq Monte Carlo alloys on their Virtus and it looked really cool. I’ll try to find that image and share it here.
mayank4823 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks