Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2024, 20:16   #1816
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Hi Team,

Has anyone tried replacing the stock reverse camera with a different camera that has Dynamic Guidelines. Can you share link?

The stock camera is very dissapointing and very basic.

And also is there is any proper active TPMS for Virtus?(Third Party)
Old 11th February 2024, 22:04   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJames View Post
And also is there is any proper active TPMS for Virtus?(Third Party)
I have got the VW Accessory internal Active TPMS (6JR-071-210) installed for around 7.2k for 4 tyres from service centre.

It’s basically a bluetooth enabled unit which connects to the phone. Pressure & Temperature to be accessed from mobile app.

App warns if there’s any deviation in readings from what we have set as default through speakers + MID while phone is connected to car bluetooth. But we can see current readings only on the app.

Check for any good rated TPMS either online or ask in accessory or tyre shops.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-1176e93175044c90a5d3ba164bd1f9e5.jpeg  

SaiChaithanya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 15:51   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCruiser View Post
Hi,

I exchanged my 1.5 Honda City Manual for Virtus GT+ DGS & here are my observations:
What fuel efficiency do you get? Is it comparable to the City MT?
Also how does it drive at high speeds compared to the City?
zxcv444 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 13:27   #1819

Hey guys,

I wanted to share an update about my recent car purchase. I sold my 2014 Ciaz VDi+ and upgraded to a Virtus GT DSG Plus in Carbon Steel Grey. I booked it on December 27, 2023, got it registered on January 17, 2024, and received delivery on January 22, 2024. It's a MY2023 model, and I managed to get some good discounts on it.

Now, I've noticed a couple of issues with the car that I'd like to address. I've driven over 900+ kilometers already and will soon be taking it in for its 1000 km check-up. Here are the issues I've noticed:

Horn Issue: The horn doesn't work properly when pressed from the right-hand side of the steering wheel unless I press it really hard. The service executive told me it's because of the "airbags" in the steering wheel (I visited service center to upgrade default horn to dual horn), but I find this laughable, since my previous car, the Ciaz, also had airbags but didn't have this issue. I'll attach a video showing how hard I need to press the horn for it to work on the right side, while the center and left sides works perfectly fine. While driving, I was not able to horn from right hand side for a couple of times and had a bit of scare due to it.

AC noise: There's a noise coming from the center-driver side blower whenever the compressor kicks in at regular intervals. Along with the noise, I can also feel light vibrations on the accelerator pedal, especially when I'm driving barefooted. Even with shoes on, I can still feel it, although to a lesser extent.
P.S: AC performance is really good and I do not have any problems with it. But the noise it makes when compressor kicks in, makes it feel cheap.

I'd appreciate any insights or advice you all might have so I can explain these issues with the service executive before I visit the service center.

Thank you!

Last edited by vw_greyghost : 13th February 2024 at 13:43. Reason: To remove confusion, added info why I had visited SC before
vw_greyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 17:27   #1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcv444 View Post
What fuel efficiency do you get? Is it comparable to the City of MT?
Also, how does it drive at high speeds compared to the City?
Hi,

Virtus GT is a notch above Honda City for inside-city drives or High speeds. The Control, Brakes and Pleasure at high speeds are way better. Virtus GT is a gem on the highways or hills.

During small curves on the highways, I used to cancel cruises in Honda City, now at 100/110/118 cruises, small curves will feel like a straight road on the Virtus GT, it's very stable with no roll.

Mileage:-

I get the same mileage as the Honda City MT due to Eco mode or 2-cylinder in Virtus GT.

If you drive in sports mode, you will experience the real power of a 1.5 turbo engine & this will affect mileage.

My observations on mileage:-

Virtus GT DSG vs Honda City MT. Please remember that Virtus GT is a stronger car, more powerful & has a wider tyre vs Honda City.

1. Inside City: Lower mileage, if you drive in Eco modes you get the same mileage. I get 8-11 kmpl inside the City.

2. 50%/50%: You will get similar mileage, I get a mileage of 12/15 kmpl

3. Highways: Virtus will give better mileage as 2-Cylinder: Eco mode kicks in. I get a mileage of 17/21 kmpl

4. Driving in Eco mode: When I drove at 80 kmph cruise, I got a mileage of 24 kmpl on a 50/60 km run.

5. Sports mode : City mileage 7/9, Highways: 14/16

Disclaimer: You can't drive Virtus GT slow, at speeds of 80/90 kmph the car feels like it's in 60/70 on a Honda City. Only at speeds of 110/120 kmph, do we feel like the car is going at a decent speed.

Thus for any average person Virtus GT DSG will give you lower mileage than Honda City MT, for a soft-footed person or a person like me who likes Cruise control drives, Virtus GT will give similar mileage or higher mileage.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20240101_191227.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20240101_191210.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th February 2024 at 06:20. Reason: Minor typo.
TurboCruiser is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 20:02   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJames View Post
Hi Team,

Has anyone tried replacing the stock reverse camera with a different camera that has Dynamic Guidelines.
I know a person who replaced stock camera in Kushaq with original VAG camera with dynamic lines. You can DM me if you need additional details.

Last edited by CafeRacer16 : 14th February 2024 at 20:07.
CafeRacer16 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 21:18   #1822

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw_greyghost View Post
Hey guys,

I wanted to share an update about my recent car purchase. I sold my 2014 Ciaz VDi+ and upgraded to a Virtus GT DSG Plus in Carbon Steel Grey.

Now, I've noticed a couple of issues with the car that I'd like to address. I've driven over 900+ kilometers already and will soon be taking it in for its 1000 km check-up. Here are the issues I've noticed:

Horn Issue: The horn doesn't work properly when pressed from the right-hand side of the steering wheel unless I press it hard. The service executive told me it's because of the "airbags" in the steering wheel (I visited the service centre to upgrade the default horn to a dual horn)

AC noise: There's a noise coming from the center-driver side blower whenever the compressor kicks in at regular intervals. Along with the noise, I can also feel light vibrations on the accelerator pedal, especially when I'm driving barefoot. AC performance is really good and I do not have any problems with it. But the noise it makes when the compressor kicks in, makes it feel cheap.

Thank you!
Hi,

I don't have both problems.

AC Sound: When the Compressor kicks in, we get a hissing sound, it's pronounced after you start your car, but as you drive this should not be a pronounced sound. However, I have no vibrations in my accelerator pedal.

Horn: This is not normal or this is not due to airbags, they give such lame excuses to avoid long labour to solve the actual issue. My horn is very soft; a small toddler can use it.

You need to be demanding with the service centre to solve the Horn issue, you should find another VW (ask the agency to send a car) & drive that Virtus to understand the level of compressor noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcv444 View Post
What fuel efficiency do you get? Is it comparable to the City MT?
Also, how does it drive at high speeds compared to the City?
Sorry for another reply, I missed an important point about Mileage. Auto start-stop system saves fuel during signal stops. This is another reason for a better fuel economy in Virtus GT.

2-Cylinder Eco mode + Auto Start-Stop helps you with mileage.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th February 2024 at 22:57. Reason: Back to back posts merged
TurboCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 23:04   #1823

Quote:
Virtus GT is a notch above Honda City for inside-city drives or High speeds. The Control, Brakes and Pleasure at high speeds are way better. Virtus GT is a gem on the highways or hills.
Hi TurboCruiser,

Thanks for sharing this info. I got my Virtus GT Carbon Steel delivered in early Jan and have driven it for more than 1500km so far. However, I have one issue which I think is there in every Virtus due its stiff suspension: Whenever I drive (15 to 60 kmph) on uneven (small ones) concrete roads, I feel enough vibrations that make my voice to shake I even took the car to the service center and found that the test drive car (from their showroom) also has the same issue but less pronounced. Can you please tell if you feel the same? I can't believe a 20+ lakh car has this issue. I request any Team-BHPian to guide me in this regard.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th February 2024 at 06:20. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
roadrunner_2009 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th February 2024, 07:05   #1824

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
I know a person who replaced stock camera in Kushaq with original VAG camera with dynamic lines. You can DM me if you need additional details.
Can you pls send me the details too..m unable to DM
Kimi_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 07:47   #1825

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_2009 View Post
Hi TurboCruiser,

Thanks for sharing this info. I got my Virtus GT Carbon Steel delivered in early Jan and have driven it for more than 1500km so far. However, I have one issue which I think is there in every Virtus due to its stiff suspension: Whenever I drive (15 to 60 kmph) on uneven (small ones) concrete roads, I feel enough vibrations that make my voice to shake I even took the car to the service centre and found that the test drive car (from their showroom) also has the same issue but less pronounced. Can you please tell me if you feel the same? I can't believe a 20+ lakh car has this issue. I request any Team-BHPian to guide me in this regard.
Hi,

I don't think I have this problem, I run the car with 33 tyre pressure, which brand is your tyre? Is it MRF?

This vehicle has harder suspension for better ride quality at high speeds, but you can reduce pressure for the city bumps. The car is designed to take bumps at high speeds, at low speeds you should feel jumpy, but it is not bad in my car. I never felt uncomfortable.

I have company-fit Ceat Secura drive tyres and I use less tyre pressure, In the past with MRF tyres in Honda; I used to set 31 city /32 highways with load, but after changing to Michelin tyres, I stuck to a tyre pressure of 32 city /34 with load.

I recommend to set tyre pressure at 32 & take the car for a spin, If you get a tyre pressure alert, please check Google about the car notification in the centre console & reset it to current tyre pressure as a base.
TurboCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 12:13   #1826

Quote:

You need to be demanding with the service centre to solve the Horn issue, you should find another VW (ask the agency to send a car) & drive that Virtus to understand the level of compressor noise.
Yes, that's what I am planning to do. I do not want to to go through this after paying 23 lakhs
vw_greyghost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 21:18   #1827

Does anyone know how the system finds out the tire is deflated below the value which is set in the infotainment system.

Is there any sensor inside the tire
Old 15th February 2024, 23:13   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi_007 View Post
Does anyone know how the system finds out the tire is deflated below the value which is set in the infotainment system.

Is there any sensor inside the tire
Once YOU reset the loss of tyre pressure warning system after inflating the tyres to a certain pressure, the corresponding rolling radius of the wheel at that pressure is used as a reference value. Any significant drop in tyre pressure will lead to a drop in rolling radius leading to a warning.

The abs sensors' ticks is used to calculate the rolling radius.

In short, this is an indirect TPMS system which uses the ABS/ESP to monitor tyre pressure as a function of rolling radius. There are no pressure sensors in tyres.

Last edited by ashivas89 : 15th February 2024 at 23:16.
ashivas89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 01:37   #1829

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
In short, this is an indirect TPMS system which uses the ABS/ESP to monitor tyre pressure as a function of rolling radius. There are no pressure sensors in tyres.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Would this be applicable if we have up-sized the tire I.e 205/50 R17’s?

Last edited by aah78 : 16th February 2024 at 05:05. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing, period.
Old 16th February 2024, 11:38   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi_007 View Post
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Would this be applicable if we have up-sized the tire I.e 205/50 R17’s?
You set the reference, so it doesn't matter.
ashivas89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks