Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2023, 22:35   #1561
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingswan View Post
Were there any warning lights on dashboard or some loss of functionality like steering wheel locked?
No loss of functionality. Just a warning triangle on the cluster, with no more information. Went away in 20 mins after vehicle was locked as @audioholic suggested. Apparently this issue is common among Skoda VW, except the window motor one.
Xaos636 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 20:44   #1562
BHPian

Hello,

I need inputs on whether to opt for SVP and Extended Warranty or not.
I need to do it before taking delivery.

For 4 years, will giving them 27999 upfront benefit me ? (By way of reduced periodic service costs)

Model is GT+ MT.
My gut feeling tells me that I need to skip on Extended Warranty as I have consciously chosen MT over DSG.

While I need to opt for SVP as it will provide me savings in long run.

I need fellow forum member's inputs to know whether my intuition is correct.

Regards
Old 13th October 2023, 02:21   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutCar View Post
Hello,

I need inputs on whether to opt for SVP and Extended Warranty or not.
I need to do it before taking delivery.

For 4 years, will giving them 27999 upfront benefit me ? (By way of reduced periodic service costs)

Model is GT+ MT.
My gut feeling tells me that I need to skip on Extended Warranty as I have consciously chosen MT over DSG.

While I need to opt for SVP as it will provide me savings in long run.

I need fellow forum member's inputs to know whether my intuition is correct.

Regards
Warranty and SVP can be purchased later as well. I purchased warranty this week (car is 10 months old) since they had a discount of 4000 (4+2 years) going on for warranty. It was some festival offer but I can see regular messages from dealer about such offers. There was discount on svp too but I did not take it since the cost comes to about the same. You have to buy it in the first year though, else warranty cost is more from next year (they have a chart that shows the cost)
Zippy_wheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 06:56   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
Warranty and SVP can be purchased later as well. I purchased warranty this week (car is 10 months old)
Hello,

I am under the impression that DSG is unreliable and not worth it if one wishes to keep the car for long term (10 year+) which is the sole reason for preferring MT.

Now, since I have sidestepped the DSG mine, is it worth it to go for extended warranty, or, be content with standard 4 year. (As mine will be MT)

Regards,
CoconutCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 07:24   #1565

Quote:

Model is GT+ MT.
Many things can go wrong other than dsg and the way prices are going up, after five years extended warranty will be very helpful.
Also many members including GTO are suggesting to opt for it without a second thought.
flyingswan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 12:56   #1566
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I am under the impression that DSG is unreliable and not worth it if one wishes to keep the car for long term (10 year+) which is the sole reason for preferring MT.

Now, since I have sidestepped the DSG mine, is it worth it to go for extended warranty, or, be content with standard 4 year. (As mine will be MT)

Regards,
VW parts have traditionally been costlier (may have gotten a little cheaper with their new platform but still). From my experience a lot of the parts are high performing but have a shorter life span. Its better to take the warranty and not regret later. While you may have avoided any potential DSG issues, there are a lot of other parts to think of like the engine itself, turbo, windows motors(which are slow an whiny from the first day itself), sunroof, suspension, rain sensing wipers, automaric headlights etc. A lot can go wrong with these, over those extra two years. With a previous VW vehicle I faced abs sensor issues and it seems its a pretty common issue. The 4 small sensors costed around 18k. People who have experienced VW will always suggest you take the extended warranty for peace of mind.

Last edited by Zippy_wheels : 13th October 2023 at 12:58.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 13:17   #1567
BHPian

Warranty query:

I’m taking delivery of Topline AT Red, wanted to go with dual tone roof. Dealership is not offering it though, I’m having a quote from detailing shop & they said they can do black wrap & PPF for roof along with ORVMs.

Does this mod void warranty? And, will there be any issues with insurance in case of any claim?
SaiChaithanya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 20:55   #1568
BHPian

Issue with wireless Android auto

I have been using wireless Android auto on virtus ever since purchase of vehicle. Recently during a drive the wireless connection dropped and Android auto won't reconnect. However when I tried via cable it's working fine. I tried clearing cache of Android auto as well as did unpair and repair of device and restarted the phone also. I also did resert Bluetooth of entertainment unit. Later I found that the wifi of entertainment unit won't turn at all. Thr toggle switch would be inactive. I suspect hardware or software failure of wifi of car unit. I believe Wireless Android auto need wifi to work. Has anyone else faced similar issue with virtus or taigun entertainment unit?
Old 13th October 2023, 21:09   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safedrive9 View Post
Hi, Is the AC compressor cut off issue solved in your car?
My Taigun is having the same issue. Compressor is cycling about 4 times in a minute.

If you got it solved can you please share what was the problem...

Thank you
I apologise for the late reply. I was not logging in for a while. The compressor issue got solved on the same day I took it for service citing the issue. Although they said 2023 models don't need sw update, I beleive they were loading an update without telling the customer or changing some component. After this the hissing happens only for first few minutes of cold starting the vehicle which I believe is caused by the design of ac ducts or vents when fan blows strongly. The compressor cut off doesn't happen in a way recognisable and even if at times you could hear compressor going on an off, it doesn't affect power delivery and is hardly noticeable unless you really try hard to find it out.
Sid13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 01:15   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Regards,
Just reiterating - get the extended warranty, and get it in the first year to save money. There are 2 important highly complex things that you could take this for - the TSI engine and the DSG gearbox, both of which are amazing pieces of engineering. You may be avoiding one but you do have the other.

Also FYI I bought a 1.5DSG and will keep it for 10+ years.
vinodbollini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 01:22   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiChaithanya View Post
Warranty query:

I’m taking delivery of Topline AT Red, wanted to go with dual tone roof. Dealership is not offering it though, I’m having a quote from detailing shop & they said they can do black wrap & PPF for roof along with ORVMs.

Does this mod void warranty? And, will there be any issues with insurance in case of any claim?
A friend recently went to Mercedes workshop and was told that if he used rodent-repellent in the car, it would void warranty! When my friend asked the dealer how he would know, his reply was "If you tell us we will know".

Wrap and PPF, unless it damages the paint, is inconsequential and reversible. If a dealer tells you it voids warranty, go to another dealer IMHO. Please do get the wrap from a reputable workshop that uses proper materials, process and tools.

As far as insurance is concerned, if you add the wrap as non-electrical accessories, legally they are bound to reimburse you. They should technically be grateful, because to some extent this is going to "protect" your car.

Just note that if the wrap/PPF significantly alters how your car looks, then you are bound to get the RC updated.
vinodbollini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 09:06   #1572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msri3here View Post
Thanks for pointing it out. I'll go and ask them in about a weeks time when first checkup is due.
Just so I inderstand it correctly, how should they look like? Any references?
Hi msri3here, can you please share your feedback / review of this 360 camera system now that you have been using it for over 6 months? Are the response / camera images delayed? I’m thinking of having it installed.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th October 2023 at 22:43. Reason: Punctuation error
Old 16th October 2023, 11:45   #1573

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyseenu View Post
Yes on highways and when you cross the 1700 - 2000 RPM range this is indeed a powerful machine but during slow traffics or even on small inclines with literally one person in the car this does struggle a bit.
You should get that checked, I've driven mine through plenty of ghats, city traffic and highways, but never felt so, even with the full 5 on board.
I actually feel the second gear can be shifted out to third a lot of times, even while climbing bridges, etc. But maybe I drive with a heavier foot.

Happy driving!
Old 16th October 2023, 13:00   #1574
BHPian

A quick update on my Virtus 1.5 MT:

EPC Warning, Engine shaking and RPM restriction - essentially switch over to limp mode - as I was taking the car out a couple of days back. Drove it back and parked, and checked a few more times later in the day. Each time, the car started with a rough engine behaviour with excessive smell of fuel.

Called the dealer, they suggested a tow to the service center, called RSA and arranged for a tow. The towing vendor didnt turn up in two days - i was very busy with work too during that period, so I am not sure if someone called and i didn't pick.

on Day 3, I went down, opened the hood and generally pressed some of the connectors ( just to ensure that there is no loose contact or anything ), and when i started the car, it was working perfectly. Absolutely no way of knowing whether there was a correlation between what I did and the engine getting back to normal.

Drove it to the service station - everything was fine during the drive, and I asked them to do a full diagnosis.

They opened the bonnet and immediately spotted rat paw prints ( which I had missed as our parking area is a bit darker ). So now the task was to find out what was damaged and also locate the source of the error codes.

they have got onto the job, the car is in the service station for two days now. Checked with the SA today, he tells me that they were able to find one damaged cable, but they have still not been able to clear the error codes fully. Probably there is some damage still to be discovered. Apparently the error codes came out once in a while when they tested the car through yesterday. They are apparently working with inputs from the VW technical team to go through a systematic process of checking everything and getting the errors fixed. I dont have an ETA yet, and I have told them i am in no hurry to get the car back. Better get everything checked and fixed, than be stranded on the road later.

I must say the engine bay is a couple of levels more complex and packed than any of my earlier cars. I guess this makes maintenance jobs like this tougher. And nowadays with sensors everywhere and complex electronic systems taking over almost all aspects of driving the car, it takes just one nibble from a rat to create havoc.

This is still a developing story, will update once it finally gets resolved (hopefully soon).

Lesson learnt : Rat bites are not fun, time for some good rat repellents!

Last edited by Bigzero : 16th October 2023 at 13:04.
Bigzero is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 15:39   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiChaithanya View Post
Warranty query:

The dealership in my city offers this as extended accessories. They are quite reputable and shouldn't void warranty since it's a wrap.

Out of curiosity though, any specific reason to have a black roof? The AC isn't a chiller, and a black roof would likely heat up the car more.
isotope729 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks