Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2023, 12:59   #1531
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

The Volkswagen Virtus is currently available in seven different colors: Rising Blue Metallic, Curcuma Yellow, Carbon Steel Grey, Lava Blue, Wild Cherry Red, Reflex Silver, Candy White, and Deep Black Pearl.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-virtus-colours.jpg

Among these options, I particularly love the Deep Black Pearl and Carbon Steel Grey (which I also own), as well as the Wild Cherry Red. However, I've always felt that the Virtus could look stunning in many other colors.

Here's the Volkswagen Virtus rendered in different colors. Let me know your thoughts.

Light blue
Volkswagen Virtus Review-11.jpg

Beach Wood Brown. I've seen a Camry in an almost similar shade
Volkswagen Virtus Review-10.jpg

One not to miss is Red. I believe the Octavias used to come in this color. The one I rendered came out a bit too bright.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-5.jpg

This next color may not be to everyone's liking, but nonetheless, here it is: Deep Green in a satin finish.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-26.jpg

Don't bash me for this, but this one's for the crazy Barbie Girl fan base. Personally, I would be utterly shocked if I ever saw this on the road.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-13.jpg
raycers_honda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 14:02   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
The Volkswagen Virtus is currently available in seven different colors: Rising Blue Metallic, Curcuma Yellow, Carbon Steel Grey, Lava Blue, Wild Cherry Red, Reflex Silver, Candy White, and Deep Black Pearl.

Among these options, I particularly love the Deep Black Pearl and Carbon Steel Grey (which I also own), as well as the Wild Cherry Red. However, I've always felt that the Virtus could look stunning in many other colors.

Here's the Volkswagen Virtus rendered in different colors. Let me know your thoughts.
You also missed the newly launched Carbon Steel Grey Matte and Deep Black Pearl!

Your renders look stunning!! Especially the Pink, sarcastically, my life would be complete if I saw one on the road! Who knows, there might be a 1 in a million person who might wrap their Virtus in Barbie Pink!

Deep Green in Satin will look epic in the sun! It's gonna have that 2 color effect which some wraps have!!

Really amazing job on the rendering!!
nova.19_exe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 14:32   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova.19_exe View Post
Who knows, there might be a 1 in a million person who might wrap their Virtus in Barbie Pink!
Brace yourself.
mayank4823 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 16:49   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank4823 View Post
why would you do this to such a beauty man!!

it's heartbreaking
nova.19_exe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 17:16   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the people owning this are in the pink of their health!

These guys also run a youtube channel and were over the top in a drive to Leh. One of their Virtus was stuck for many days in Shinku La.

Just like there is prevention of cruelty to animals there should be such a thing as prevention of cruelty to cars and nature.

But then each one to their likes and whims

Last edited by Rajain : 30th September 2023 at 17:25.
Rajain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 17:35   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Looks like the people owning this are in the pink of their health!

These guys also run a Youtube channel and were over the top in a drive to Leh. One of their Virtus was stuck for many days in Shinku La.

Just like there is prevention of cruelty to animals there should be such a thing as prevention of cruelty to cars and nature.

But then each one to their likes and whims
Another example is Daksh Ahlawat. He wakes up everyday and googles “How to treat my Virtus brutally”. He then makes a video of the Car after every 10k kms complaining why XYZ thing is not working properly.

There’s a Virtus meetup in my city where Virtus owners meet and then go to a highway to race a Virtus vs Virtus. I believe Virtus is a classy car and showoffs on its own. One doesn’t need to drive fast, cut lanes and make videos with one hand while driving at 150 to show how amazing it is.
mayank4823 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 17:51   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Another example is Daksh Ahlawat. He wakes up everyday and googles “How to treat my Virtus brutally”. He then makes a video of the Car after every 10k kms complaining why XYZ thing is not working properly.

There’s a Virtus meetup in my city where Virtus owners meet and then go to a highway to race a Virtus vs Virtus. I believe Virtus is a classy car and showoffs on its own. One doesn’t need to drive fast, cut lanes and make videos with one hand while driving at 150 to show how amazing it is.
True, also this Daksh guy is with this Pratham guy with the Pink Virtus! I have seen this Daksh as well as Pratham just be brutal with their cars!

And they call themselves enthusiasts! Hah!
nova.19_exe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 18:27   #1538

Good for us people who treat their cars like their own child, we get to see how much stress these machines can take without having to put ours through all that.
Manualpurist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 20:15   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I enabled a few settings through VCDS. Though I don't completely recollect what needs to be updated for these display changes
Where did you source the VCDS cable from ?
Old 30th September 2023, 20:33   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Here’s a picture of my 1.0 TSI highline manual.
That's an excellent click!! Did you go for a matte finish in the aftermarket or are my eyes fooling me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil.007 View Post
Dear Team-BHPians,...
Should I compromise on the headroom and stick with the GT Plus for the digital instrument cluster, better headlamps, and ventilated seats, or should I go for the GT DSG without the sunroof to ensure my headroom comfort?
- At your comfortable seating position, is your head brushing against the roof to such an extent that it is outright uncomfortable? If yes, you might as well go with the Highline trim. It comes with LED headlights (though reflectors).

- If your head is just touching the roof / you are able to strike a comfortable balance between seating and headroom, IMO you should get the top variant. You will not regret it.

Note to owners: If you have a Virtus in pearl black / carbon steel matte colour, kindly post pictures of the same. I haven't had the opportunity to see them (apart from the pictures released by VW).
CentreOfGravity is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 13:53   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova.19_exe View Post
True, also this Daksh guy is with this Pratham guy with the Pink Virtus! I have seen this Daksh as well as Pratham just be brutal with their cars!

And they call themselves enthusiasts! Hah!
Well the good thing is they both help we owners understand the limits of Virtus. Specifically the Ladakh video assures that Virtus is a beast, it was more of a Virtus reborn. Many cars won’t have survived and come back on the road so error free as Virtus did in their case.

I am also surprised that they make a mockery of DQ200 and their DSG has not shown any sign of damage/breakage. Anyone who watches their videos can easily label DQ200 in Virtus as the most reliable gearboxes in market. People who are apprehensive about maintenance costs and reliability issues of Virtus can happily watch their videos and understand how economical and convenient it is to own a Virtus. Ha ha

And the brutal way they treat their Virtus I feel that only a VW can survive with them all other cars may die prematurely. Because they abuse their cars pro ultima max.

Last edited by steadfast : 2nd October 2023 at 13:55.
steadfast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 10:42   #1542
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post

PPS: Will drive to the KA border & back one of these days, in daytime, just to experience the Virtus in the ghats in a relaxed way
Try the ghats on Sports mode! Car holds better on downhill sections.
Old 3rd October 2023, 13:10   #1543

I have the 1.0 MT Virtus and its engine is pretty efficient. I'm based in Delhi and my Virtus returns an average city mileage of 12-13 km/l, even during traffic. There are some owners who I know (also based in Delhi) and they have the same variant as mine, but they get 8-10 km km/l in city.
The secret behind better fuel efficiency is the way the engine is conditioned. When I bought the Virtus, I ensured that I don't go beyond 80 km/h (hardly I used to floor it or unless there was some emergency). All-in-all, just try to do sedate driving till 1100/1200 kms.
And, you won't regret.
arjansingh99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:38   #1544
BHPian

Finally took the plunge and bought the Topline Virtus 1.0 (Wild Cherry Red). My usage is primarily city driving, with a long highway trip (~800Km) every few months.

I did the final booking through PPS Volkswagen and found them very supportive and helpful. I could not do the PDI in person due to health issues and used Zekardo.com for an expert PDI. They did quite a thorough job and kept me updated on whatsapp with videos and photos.

I am collecting the vehicle this Thursday / Friday and will be headed for a long trip around the 13th. Had a few queries from the gurus here:

Running in: Any do's and don't during the running in period? How do I ensure that I a well run in engine and no putting undue strain on the car during the long road trip planned for 13th?

Accessories: I have not taken any accessories from the dealer. Will be fixing the dashcam from my old car here, and planning to get these Red & Black 7D mats from Amazon as they have good feedback. Are there better choices available which I should consider?

Are there any other accessories which are 'must have' for the car?
Old 3rd October 2023, 17:02   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manudon View Post

Running in: Any do's and don't during the running in period? How do I ensure that I a well run in engine and no putting undue strain on the car during the long road trip planned for 13th?
Congratulations , wish you many miles ahead of happy motoring. For the first 1000 kms do ensure you don't drive it rashly or abuse it , as you're hitting the highway it will be a good idea to drive the car at various speeds. For my Slavia the first 1000 kms I avoid exceeding 100kms as much as possible but small burst of accelerations whenever possible.
Gotham is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks