Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2022, 23:14   #211

Re: Honda City Hybrid Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Wrapping that whopping big chrome strip in black would be first order of the business for many tbhp members! It looks terrible.

Looks apart, I hope the car brings good fortune to Honda's lazy behind. Instead of going fully electric I welcome this hybrid move too. Hopefully the hybrid system doesn't spring too many expensive issues.

On a related note, with this car and sedans from VW group the segment suddenly feels alive.
I'm getting one delivered next week and want to do exactly that !
Any recommendations on where i can get this wrapping done well in Bangalore.

For that matter, recommendations on someone who would be able to get the full RS kit and install it professionally ?
Old 24th May 2022, 19:12   #212
BHPian

My cousin just got his Hybrid delivered. He initially planned for petrol ZX CVT but was blown away by the hybrid. He can’t stop raving about it all the time
Can’t wait to drive it!
midazolam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 21:47   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Cars India has begun deliveries of the City Hybrid.

Quote:
Mr. Takuya Tsumura, President and CEO of Honda Cars India Ltd., handing over the new Honda City e:HEV to esteemed customers. A supreme moment indeed.
Honda City Hybrid Review-20220524_214356.jpg

Honda City Hybrid Review-20220524_214400.jpg

Honda City Hybrid Review-20220524_214404.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th May 2022 at 21:48.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 10:13   #214
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends. I have booked the Hybrid yesterday and have been told the waiting period is 7 months. I wanted to book the Silver or red but am told by the dealer Crystal Honda that Honda was manufacturing only White, Golden Brown and Grey. While I have asked for the grey, the website through which I have made the booking allowed me to select either colour. This is like Ford saying you can have any colour as long as it is black. Did anyone else face this?
Old 29th May 2022, 12:13   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi friends. I have booked the Hybrid yesterday and have been told the waiting period is 7 months.
7 months waiting period. Seriously? Is it the demand or the lack of supplies of chips and other electronic components?
Old 29th May 2022, 21:47   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
7 months waiting period. Seriously? Is it the demand or the lack of supplies of chips and other electronic components?
I am told its due to chip shortage. Hope Honda doesnt increase the price further as 23 L itself is a stretch. The premium over CVT should have been max 3 L ideally or they should have launched a ZX and ZX (O)
Old 30th May 2022, 21:48   #217

Hi friends,
I am a proud owner of Honda City e:HEV from Bangalore. I pre-booked the car in April and received it on May 22nd. I did some sacrifice on the color as Silver was my preferred one but Brigade Honda promised an early delivery if I opt for white.
About the drive and feel, I can say that I am thoroughly enjoying it. Completed just 200 km within city but the drive is just amazing especially the handling and initial thrust from 250 Nm torque.
I will post more updates as I keep revving more. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Hybrid Review-img_20220523_172631_bokeh__01.jpg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-img_20220523_172648_bokeh__01__01.jpg  

Greenville is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 22:09   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Hi friends,
I am a proud owner of Honda City e:HEV from Bangalore. I pre-booked the car in April and received it on May 22nd. I did some sacrifice on the color as Silver was my preferred one but Brigade Honda promised an early delivery if I opt for white.
About the drive and feel, I can say that I am thoroughly enjoying it. Completed just 200 km within city but the drive is just amazing especially the handling and initial thrust from 250 Nm torque.
Congrats and eagerly awaiting your ownership experience, especially on the that Tankful to Tankful Kitna deti Hai Query and how is it to drive vis a vis the regular Honda City CVT! Happy Driving in your fuel sipping cool looking Honda City e-HEV
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 22:18   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,
I am a proud owner of Honda City e:HEV from Bangalore.
Congratulations and probably the first City Hybrid Owner in the forum.
Please update us on the overall ownership and the drive
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 22:41   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,
Completed just 200 km within city but the drive is just amazing especially the handling and initial thrust from 250 Nm torque.
Congrats on your purchase and looking forward for more details. I know you are enjoying the 250 Nm torque , but while you share your experience, it would be good if you can cover a bit on the "econ mode" driving experience as well since it has not been touched in detail in many reviews.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 13:04   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,
I am a proud owner of Honda City e:HEV from Bangalore. I pre-booked the car in April and received it on May 22nd.
Hearty congratulations!!!

Even I have pre-booked the Hybrid in April, but I have opted for the Red colour. Spoke with the SA just now and he has no clue when the Red cars would be available. He said he has White, Golden Brown and Grey available.
It is weird that Honda is promoting the Hybrid in Red and the dealer doesn't have any clue when the Red cars would be available for delivery.
Mumbaiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 17:04   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Hearty congratulations!!!

Even I have pre-booked the Hybrid in April, but I have opted for the Red colour. Spoke with the SA just now and he has no clue when the Red cars would be available. He said he has White, Golden Brown and Grey available.
It is weird that Honda is promoting the Hybrid in Red and the dealer doesn't have any clue when the Red cars would be available for delivery.
Yes that is what my SA informed me as well. Waiting period is 7 months for any colour
Old 1st June 2022, 17:15   #223
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase Greenville. Considering the steep premium charged by Honda for the hybrid, it doesn't make economic sense for most of us. Kindly share your average monthly mileage. For the average Joe doing about 10000 kms - 12000 kms per year translates to 6+ years to break even!
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 20:41   #224

Hi friends,

I have not had a chance to drive far, but the Bangalore city drive is happening every day. Also had a 34 km one-way trip beyond electronic city during the weekend while facing heavy traffic. The elevated expressway was the only place I could exceed 50 km per hour, and the remainder was a 20-30kmph ride. Although I couldn't do tank-to-tank calculations, the trip meter reading was excellent.

I also had a chance to test the Honda sensing on the expressway, especially adaptive cruise control and lane-keep assistance. There I realized what exactly a 250 Nm torque means

I had a speed limit set at 82 kmph but had to apply the brakes to 20 kmph. I moved to a clear lane and resumed ACC, which was defined at 82. For a moment, I felt like I was on an amusement park ride! The car dashed off and the entire torque was used to reach that speed.

Attached pictures are the trip meter readings of three different journeys, all bangalore city drives.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Hybrid Review-img_20220528_165654.jpg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-img_20220528_210727.jpg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-img_20220601_143537.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st June 2022 at 21:29. Reason: Adding paragraph break. Thanks
Greenville is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 21:55   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,

I also had a chance to test the Honda sensing on the expressway, especially adaptive cruise control and lane-keep assistance. There I realized what exactly a 250 Nm torque means

Attached pictures are the trip meter readings of three different journeys, all bangalore city drives.
Thats amazing!
Please do keep posting your experiences here. We can only sit back and enjoy reading right now.
The mileage looks good. Please do test tank full to tank full and post it here as well.
Mumbaiker is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks