Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2024, 09:51   #646
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtjm View Post
Any suggestions on the recent battery burst fires under the driver seat in the XL 6?
drtjm, not sure if you're still looking for a source after posting this message for so long with multiple people requesting a source for this claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalex77 View Post
Never came across a single case till date about the lithium battery bursting in the XL6. What's your source about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
Do you mean any incident happened recently, can you share details and link
Please do share if you have a genuine source for "recent battery burst fires under driver seat". Would be interesting to understand if this indeed is a genuine issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
This is some serious mileage you’re able to churn out. Never even heard of such a number from so many reviews on Youtube. But how many people would be able to get this mileage?
If I'd drive consistently on highway, this mileage is easy to achieve. Also, I'd guess .sushilkumar's tachometer would be consistently well within the 2k mark.

Attachment 2589242

Sedate driving at healthy speeds is an art, especially in India, where you'd find plently of impatient drivers alongside (or trying to get ahead of) you. Keeping an eye out for traffic /stops ahead and getting your foot off the accelerator instead of braking also helps a lot- I've been reprimanded by father whilst I was learning driving for accelerating and braking without and after all these years that habit has helped a long way
Old 10th May 2024, 12:07   #647
Distinguished - BHPian

Paisa vasool
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_2597.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_2596.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_2598.jpeg  

itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 11:28   #648
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent experience with my second free service at Nexa Yelahanka. Zero complaints from my side and there was no software update either. Declined dry washing; nothing was pushed by my advisor either.

In and out in 40 minutes flat, after a nice CCD coffee in a premium lounge that will shame BMW BLR dealers at least. Deeply impressed!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_2627.jpeg  

itwasntme is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 17:45   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Paisa vasool
This is seriously cool and all weather. I suggest you could try zip ties to secure the carrier onto the roof rails and cut them off when the carrier is to be stored at home. Once again, truly a stroke of genius and completely practical and "Paisa vasool" as claimed. Kudos and thanks for sharing !!
Old 12th May 2024, 17:35   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Have you seen one on road? I've only seen one in a Youtube video. In October 2022, I ordered this, but never got a timeline and after all possible delays, I just took blue, which isn't bad but super high maintenance to keep it looking good.

Anyways, on the topic, dealer says maruti makes dual tone very sparingly therefore waiting periods are unpredictable.
Thanks. Decided to go with Nexa Blue. Seems I can't change the color now, as said by my dealer .

Last edited by a.ashokdurai : 12th May 2024 at 17:37.
Old 14th May 2024, 17:09   #651

Quote:
Excellent experience with my second free service at Nexa Yelahanka. Zero complaints from my side and there was no software update either. Declined dry washing; nothing was pushed by my advisor either.

In and out in 40 minutes flat, after a nice CCD coffee in a premium lounge that will shame BMW BLR dealers at least. Deeply impressed!
Hi, can you please share the location of this Nexa service center?
My XL6's third FS is coming up next month and not have had great experience at the Banaswadi outlet on previous occasions. Yelahanka is closer to me as well. Thanks a lot.
Old 15th May 2024, 07:05   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVICE View Post
It’s the one near the Yelahanka Galleria Mall. Excellent access roads as such plus loads of cabs and autos loitering around.

Service entry/exit is narrow but manageable. Best to go early; pickup & drop facilities available too as usual but I’ve never used them.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/pMpuGFz2s2GTRHKs8?g_st=ic

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th May 2024 at 07:08.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 12:22   #653
BHPian

Looks like another new version is available now. 72S0.07.00 - Says performance improvement in the summary.

https://www.global-infotainment-syst...72S0_07_00.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDISclatters View Post
Updated the infotainment system with v72S0.04.50 today.

I was checking Suzuki's software update portal - https://www.global-infotainment-syst...ate/index.html and, found a new update to be available for XL6's Smartplay Pro system.

While the previous update bought along some features, this one is mentioned as performance update only on the portal.

Have just finished installing it, didn't notice anything new as such and couldn't test the audio quality. I don't expect something to standout given that this is just a performance update. Will update the thread with my observations, if any.

Note - Please download the package and put the upgrade file within the zip in the pendrive directly. If you copy the zip file to pendrive, infotainment won't recognise it.
dskumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 18:43   #654
BHPian

Upgraded to new version 7.00. Used for few kms, not sure if I noticed any changes as focussing on driving.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th June 2024 at 21:15. Reason: Typo
India2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 15:02   #655
BHPian

Quote:
My XL6's third FS is coming up next month and not have had great experience at the Banaswadi outlet on previous occasions. Yelahanka is closer to me as well. Thanks a lot.
Were you referring to the KM Nexa on the outer ring road, between Horamavu signal and Ramamurthy Nagar Cross? Was planning to take my XL6 for 3rd Service there, as was not happy with my current VM Nexa near Lumbini Gardens. Your feedback will be of help to me.
Old 16th June 2024, 10:43   #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Smart View Post
Were you referring to the KM Nexa on the outer ring road, between Horamavu signal and Ramamurthy Nagar Cross? Was planning to take my XL6 for 3rd Service there, as was not happy with my current VM Nexa near Lumbini Gardens. Your feedback will be of help to me.
Yes correct, had been servicing my car at this center. Was not happy with the way the recent s/w upgrade was handled. Need to have a keen eye. If you have a known SA there, it is fine.

Also way too many calls from different disconnected departments which is an irritation.

Last edited by graaja : 16th June 2024 at 11:07. Reason: Minor typo
EVICE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 15:32   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Yes correct, had been servicing my car at this center. Was not happy with the way the recent s/w upgrade was handled. Need to have a keen eye. If you have a known SA there, it is fine.

Also way too many calls from different disconnected departments which is an irritation.
My experience with VM Nexa near Lumbini Gardens is very similar. They failed to fix the disc brake's squeaky noise (which is present every time I apply the brakes, irrespective of the weather conditions or time-of-the-day). Even after attending to the issue thrice, for the first 8 to 10 kms it will be quiet, but will return soon after. To be precise until I reach home

Can someone from this forum suggest me a technically sound mechanic/SA from any of the Nexa service centres in Bangalore, please.

Last edited by KarthikK : 18th June 2024 at 15:43. Reason: Minor typo correction
Old 23rd June 2024, 01:42   #658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Smart View Post
Can someone from this forum suggest me a technically sound mechanic/SA from any of the Nexa service centres in Bangalore, please.
You should try giving a call to Albin who works in NEXA service center in Sarjapur. The reason I trust him because he's one of the few people who are genuinely interested in solving car problems and I found him technically very sound.
I haven't had a major issue yet, but he seems to be keen in trying to figure out solutions to any of my XL6's issues I have brought up.
His contact numbers are below.
Albin NEXA Service Sarjapur
1) 9606979343
2) 9744393872
fj_victor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 12:58   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

8 feet x 4 feet metal corrugated sheet? No issue at all for the XL6. Took along an old durrie and my 20 year old Halfords UK tie downs.

Folks at the local shop and on the road were amazed. I guess DIY transport is still pretty rare in India.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_3900.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-5d779f2a8e934c8cadb9d9b4865bfb44.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_3904.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 5th July 2024 at 13:19.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 13:47   #660
BHPian

Quote:
8 feet x 4 feet metal corrugated sheet? No issue at all for the XL6. Took along an old durrie and my 20 year old Halfords UK tie downs.

Folks at the local shop and on the road were amazed. I guess DIY transport is still pretty rare in India.
You carried a Bamboo fence on your car roof in May and now, a metal corrugated sheet.

I feel you will be better placed if you fit a luggage carrier to the roof of your car.

That will be more safer and convenient to carry loads on the car roof.

Last edited by ashkamath : 5th July 2024 at 13:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks