Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2024, 12:51   #616
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
What is the product refresh cycle for Maruti? is it 2 years or 3 years? I am hoping there would be some kind of a facelift for XL6 this year that will have additional goodies like 6 airbags, all wheel disc brakes and a larger infotainment system, USB sockets? etc. That will be a good package to buy as and when the XL6 facelift launches.

Anyone has any inside scoop on this? Thanks.
6 Airbags is a definite requirement. It was going to be made mandatory but Auto lobby is pretty strong in getting it postponed. Hopefully, they will have some way of retrofitting in older models when introduced.

Rear drum brake isn't going to make that much of a difference as far as safety is concerned especially because the under-powered XL6 Engine is not meant for zooooming anyways. Most of braking happens in front wheels - 80%.

Good quality plug-in USB chargers provide much better current than OEM in my opinion. Especially for fast charging and superfast charging.

I find the current infotainment system just right but that is a personal preference item! I also find the current analog dashboard more comfortable.

My wish-list in no particular order:
  1. Adaptive cruise control.
  2. Primitive ADAS - like lane assist (warning only), blindspot warning and proximity warning. (Not really comfortable with machine taking over control! Except maybe automatic emergency braking)
  3. 360 degree camera feed can be provided to a port for use as Dashcam.
  4. They already updated Android Auto to Wireless (Big difference for people going across cities)
  5. Some way to completely disable their Audio Assist ("Hello Suzuki"). It is totally useless and interferes with Android prompts.
  6. Odometer needs un-update. Pre-2022 models used to have 2 lines display showing total km PLUS Trip A or Trip B. My model shows only one line display - total km OR trip A OR trip B. Very irritating to keep changing back and forth.
  7. For SUVs, they must provide a hydraulic jack instead of the shitty mechanical one they give. However, tube-less tyres with TPMS makes sure that you are almost never have the occasion to use it.
  8. Auto dimming IRVM. Never used one but sounds interesting. Being electronic, will be prone to failure.
  9. Auto high beam/low beam control.
  10. Head-up display.
  11. Heated seats in North India!
  12. Powered 6 axis seat adjustment with memory.
  13. About 6-10 programmable buttons under the infotainment system will make using them easier and SAFER.
Will be interesting to know what other features people in this forum want.

Maybe we can write a wish-list direct to MSIL!
drsarao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 18:09   #617
BHPian

Some media houses have portrayed that rear drum brakes are safety hazard , which is absolute garbage content. I know many people who have done rear disc swap and difference was negligible, that they regretted doing the swap.

Coming to XL6 , it is a great car, and the aisin 6AT TC is much better than other combos like dct / ags etc that are sometimes known to cause issues in Indian conditions.

Very matured and fatigue free driving experience in 6AT. Car is not super quick, but it makes negligible difference to reach your destination in time.

A bigger Android screen would have been nicer.

Last edited by aerohit : 2nd February 2024 at 18:10.
aerohit is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 13:13   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsarao View Post

My wish-list in no particular order:

Maybe we can write a wish-list direct to MSIL!
One of the things I look forward to is the 7 seater option. On a 2-3 K road trip you really feel if there was a rear bench option to stretch out!
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 15:50   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
One of the things I look forward to is the 7 seater option. On a 2-3 K road trip you really feel if there was a rear bench option to stretch out!
Actually, stretching out on rear bench in a running car is not comfortable at all. Because of rolling due to acceleration and braking. My children never liked it in previous 7 seater Innova.

It is probably more natural and comfortable to lean the backrest as far as it would go in 1st/2nd row seats and relax. Leg support on a folded quilt helps.
drsarao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 08:51   #620

Posting a question for a friend who has purchased the XL6 Alpha Plus Automatic. The car does not have a rear parcel tray. Is this something that Maruti has omitted or has the dealer omitted it during delivery?

If the car does not come with a rear parcel tray as a standard feature, are there any after-market options?

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th February 2024 at 05:02. Reason: Minor spacing.
ramv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 13:20   #621

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
Got this software upgrade done today,..
I have also done the upgrade sometime during 20th Dec 2023. Immediately after the upgrade, I am observing this change - The engine stalls at times when we start from stop and observe it more often when taking reverse. Earlier, almost for over a year i use this new vehicle and never had engine stalling this way.

Is this by coinceidence or something to do with the upgrade. Do you face this too? Let me know.
Old 7th February 2024, 14:58   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramv View Post
The car does not have a rear parcel tray. If the car does not come with a rear parcel tray as a standard feature, are there any after-market options?
Definitely not included, not on the OEM accessory list, and have never seen an aftermarket one. Am interested in the response too! I detest visibility into the boot area.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 01:01   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Smart View Post
I have also done the upgrade sometime during 20th Dec 2023. Immediately after the upgrade, I am observing this change - The engine stalls at times when we start from stop and observe it more often when taking reverse.
Is your car a manual or an auto transmission? I would suggest going to the service center and raising this concern.

On a separate note, how long did it take for the updgrade?

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th February 2024 at 05:01. Reason: Spelling. Minor spacing edits.
abhishekjoshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 15:58   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramv View Post
Posting a question for a friend who has purchased the XL6 Alpha Plus Automatic. The car does not have a rear parcel tray. Is this something that Maruti has omitted or has the dealer omitted it during delivery?

If the car does not come with a rear parcel tray as a standard feature, are there any after-market options?
Rear Parcel Tray is a hatchback concept I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Smart View Post
I have also done the upgrade sometime during 20th Dec 2023. Immediately after the upgrade, I am observing this change - The engine stalls at times when we start from stop and observe it more often when taking reverse. Earlier, almost for over a year i use this new vehicle and never had engine stalling this way.

Is this by coincidence or something to do with the upgrade. Do you face this too? Let me know.
As narrated in a previous post:

The upgrade took about 15 minutes

I did not seen any change in engine behavior or driving.

I did find that the Lithium battery charge bands on dashboard showed overall improvement in charged status. Previously the green charge band would drop to 1. But since upgrade it is usually 3 to 5 bands and rarely dropping to 2 bands.

You should definitely go back to Nexa service and figure out the cause for engine stall. It is unlikely to be related to upgrade. But you never know!

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th February 2024 at 04:31. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Quote+ where appropriate to quote & reply to multiple messages. Thanks.
drsarao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 22:45   #625
BHPian

I got the battery module software upgrade done last week. Agree with points mentioned above that battery status showing 4-3 bars most of the time now (compared to 3-1 bars mostly earlier). However, Idle stop/start is not working for me anymore. Regardless of meeting all conditions for A-STOP to stop the engine as mentioned in the manual. Anyone else has seen similar change in the A-STOP behavior after the upgrade?
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:44   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Don’t want to post in the Accidents thread and start off another round of Maruti-bashing.

BRS MLA Lasya Nandita who survived two mishaps since December dies in tragic road mishap
https://www.deccanherald.com/india/t...cident-2906855

Looks like a diagonal impact but unfortunately directly against a retaining pole of the Armco barrier, i.e., did not ‘slide’ along the barrier as it was designed to be.

What could have been a bad sliding accident turned into an almost frontal impact and a dead stop.

Driver nodding off (dawn) or the much-blamed tyre burst I guess, coupled with a possibility of no seatbelts.

Last edited by itwasntme : 23rd February 2024 at 11:47.
Old 24th February 2024, 18:40   #627
BANNED

First year 10 K service update.

Nothing to worry per se. Regular oil change (Castrol Semi sync) ,oil filter changes, Air filter cleaning, wheel rotation, Balancing and alignment. Only complaint was rusted chrome thanks to hard water and same was resolved with a chemical agent cleaning . All back to OEM Shine now. Thankfully, Nexa allowed me inside service bay and got all done under my own supervision.

Since I have AMC for next 6 services, costed me 48 re.

Need to get Dashcam installed. Appreciate any pointers for good installers in Noida or nearby.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 23:31   #628

Updated the infotainment system with v72S0.04.50 today.

I was checking Suzuki's software update portal - https://www.global-infotainment-syst...ate/index.html and, found a new update to be available for XL6's Smartplay Pro system.

While the previous update bought along some features, this one is mentioned as performance update only on the portal.

Have just finished installing it, didn't notice anything new as such and couldn't test the audio quality. I don't expect something to standout given that this is just a performance update. Will update the thread with my observations, if any.

Note - Please download the package and put the upgrade file within the zip in the pendrive directly. If you copy the zip file to pendrive, infotainment won't recognise it.
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_20240225_224638__01.jpg
DDISclatters is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 23:05   #629
BHPian

Did the first 800+ kms ride on the XL6.
This time, it was 6 adults and some full luggage (how much ever we could fit).
Earlier we had plans of taking two cars, but then we were lacking drivers.

Ferrying 6 was a bit uncomfortable for the passengers for 800+ kms, but the car didn't break a sweat.
100% marks to the AC, all three rows were very comfortable in outside temperatures of 35°C +.
We switched positions in between the 5 seats so as everyone was happy with space and comfort.

Drove for 18 hours a day and I can say it was very comfortable to be in the drivers seat. Cruising at 100 with six on board and there were no problems, except when a joint in the newly laid concretes unsettle the ride for the third row passengers.

Fuel efficiency was also a splendid 16.5 kmpl which included an hour of waiting in traffic with the AC on. Would have returned 18 odd if that was not the case. What more can you ask from a fully loaded vehicle with 6 adults and a boot full of luggage.

Headlights are splendid to drive throughout the night as long as there is no on-coming traffic with high beams. As soon as there are high beams in the opposite direction, everything fails.

All in all, it is a very capable cruiser for those 1000 kms a day drives.
carzone is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 20:20   #630
BANNED

Question to Zeta AT owners.

A) Observed that while car gets locked itself when we start but reverse is not true. Is it the case for all or just mine. looking at positive side, this means no one can unlock from outside as soon as one stops.

B) Need help with headlight leveler and which position is best for laden and unladen car. or a sweet spot which works in all conditions. My untrained eyes cannot find any difference with diff settings.

Questions aside, did a short 350 kms drive to Vrindavan this Sunday via YEW. The mileage while going was 24 KMPL with cruise control set to 85 and ACC on 25 degree while return leg gave me 22 KMPL.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks