Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2024, 07:54   #601
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

This thread shows why general public still flocks to Maruti despite almost a full lineup of underwhelming models both design and performance wise. Other car manufacturers can take a copy of this thread and use in their boardroom meetings instead of grand brainstorming. Maruti has judged what the public wants and any move by the away from that will lead to its decline. Remember Kizashi anyone?
Old 14th January 2024, 11:23   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthrajan View Post
Has Maruti completely stopped using the weight sensors for rear seats in all cars?
Why do you need it?

As far as I know there is no alarm for rear seat buckles. Atleast in my XL6 of Jul 2022 vintage.

Alam sound comes only when driver is not buckled OR there is a front seat passenger who is not bucked. Rear seat passengers or buckles are completely ignored.
Old 14th January 2024, 11:58   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Has Maruti completely stopped using the weight sensors for rear seats in all cars?
I'm not sure if Maruti ever used rear seat sensors in any of their models.
I'm used to driving a 2019 Ertiga and my 2022 XL6, none of them have alarms or chimes for rear seat belt not buckled. Maybe with some newer models like the Vitara or the fronx they have this feature.
Old 14th January 2024, 13:05   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbhath View Post
It was then some one told about the XL6 as an option. It was not in my original list
Same with me, XL6 was never in initial list, I started with 5 seaters (Seltos, Creta, Astor, SCross) then moved to 7 seaters (Carens, XUV700, Hector plus, Ertiga) for occasional large car needs and booked Carens with 10m waiting. Then somebody told about XL6 and family really liked the captain seat comfort and low NVH during TD. Next week XL6 facelift launched with many additional features and we again took TDs of XL6 and Carens and switched to XL6 with delivery commitment within a month time. Its 1.5 yrs now and family is really liking the comfort
India2022 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 13:15   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsarao View Post
As far as I know there is no alarm for rear seat buckles. Atleast in my XL6 of Jul 2022 vintage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
I'm used to driving a 2019 Ertiga and my 2022 XL6, none of them have alarms or chimes for rear seat belt not buckled.
Can categorically state that the alarm is now present in all recent XL6s and all Jimnys; unsure about other models.

From the XL6 online manual:
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-10.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-11.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-12.jpeg  

Old 14th January 2024, 13:34   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
unsure about other models.
They have done the same in both Grand Vitara and the sister car Hyryder as well; ours is a June 2023 Hyryder. Since most of the time the 2nd row isn't used we keep them buckled up or else the seatbelt reminder light is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Not sure if some norms have compelled MSIL to slip this in in 2023?
They have removed the weight sensors in the 2nd row seat belts, so this looks like cost cutting rather than norms.

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 14th January 2024 at 13:46. Reason: Added a reply.
Old 14th January 2024, 13:34   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Can categorically state that the alarm is now present in all recent XL6s and all Jimnys; unsure about other models.

From the XL6 online manual:
That's surprising!
Not sure if some norms have compelled MSIL to slip this in in 2023?
I can very well confirm my 2022 XL6 alpha AT does not have any alarms if the second row or the last row isn't belted up. No chime, not even the lamp on the cluster.

I'll check with the service centre in my next visit if there was a hardware update and when.
Old 14th January 2024, 17:10   #608
BHPian

Mine is Jun22 XL6, only 1st row gives seatbelt alarm when somebody sitting.
Definately a miss by Maruti in newer models to remove weight sensors in 2nd and 3rd row and play seat belt warning. Definately irritating and not expected by company like Maruti
Old 14th January 2024, 18:27   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
Mine is Jun22 XL6, only 1st row gives seatbelt alarm when somebody sitting.
Definitely a miss by Maruti in newer models to remove weight sensors in 2nd and 3rd row and play seat belt warning. Definitely irritating and not expected by company like Maruti
I don't think there are any weight sensors in 2nd/3rd row seats in previous year models. Presumably, the system does not care whether 2nd/3rd row passengers buckle up or not.

I will check this and confirm.
Old 14th January 2024, 18:44   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsarao View Post
I don't think there are any weight sensors in 2nd/3rd row seats in previous year models. Presumably, the system does not care whether 2nd/3rd row passengers buckle up or not.

I will check this and confirm.
Thats correct, only 1st row cares if somebody sitting and then gives warning if seat belt not used. 2nd and 3rd row does not care

Last edited by India2022 : 14th January 2024 at 18:45. Reason: .
Old 14th January 2024, 19:21   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
Thats correct, only 1st row cares if somebody sitting and then gives warning if seat belt not used
Even that can turned off in my 2021 XL6. Surprised that that option is not available in recent models.
Old 15th January 2024, 11:36   #612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbhath View Post
Super Likes:
Features which I would have liked to be included:
You have captured the likes and dislikes brilliantly! I wish I had the ventilated seats though.
A few thoughts:

USB:
I suggest that you invest in a couple of high-end 12 volt chargers like the one below. They can blow away any in-car USB port with it's superb fast-charging ability, and also allows the flexibility of switching between USB A to C as well. Additionally, just buy one more in a few years if they conk off or the ports change again!
https://www.amazon.in/Duracell-Qualc...s%2C225&sr=8-4

Pedal covers:
I find the pedals too small especially the acccelerator and am looking for extended pedal covers. Do let me know if you locate them.

Arm-rest:
Ditto as your comment. Just too small to be really useful with a tiny cubbyhole.

Polymax speed breaker 'thud':
I find it very irritating too but nothing can be done I guess.

Door-pad trim:
Am on the fence; little costly at ~8K I think. Post a few pictures of them please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Even that can turned off in my 2021 XL6. Surprised that that option is not available in recent models.
In a masochistic way, I have begun to like this feature as it forces the rear passengers to always wear their seatbelt. Anyway in KA it is mandatory with a penalty of 1,000 bucks!
https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...seats-8219502/

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th January 2024 at 12:04.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 18:04   #613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedaliah View Post
This thread shows why general public still flocks to Maruti despite almost a full lineup of underwhelming models both design and performance wise. ...

Sounds like you're throwing an opinion which is open to debate; so here goes my view:
Firstly, XL6 is one of the most underperforming models in the market share, it's brother "Ertiga" leads miles ahead in numbers mainly because of the taxi industry.
Secondly, if the boardroom of any competitor reads this thread, they'll notice there is barely any sort of complaints or rants mentioned in this thread. It is mostly, suggestions and 'how to', and 'likes' vs 'dislikes'. But there is no polarity as such, since most (upwards of 90%) users are positive about this car. Then there is the Carens and Marazzo and Triber, the forums of these cars are filled with negative experiences and many users come on teambhp to share their frustrations with either the product, or sales or service or dealers. That should show why Maruti leads in India market. Buying a car is not just about the car, since most buyers are middle-class busy men/women, they heavily rely on the manufacturer to provide them a no-nonsense product that just does what it has been advertised to do. And then there is the topic of Service workshop, which I don't need to talk much about since it is obvious.

All in all I am stating that Maruti builds and maintains their products well enough for Indians to feel good about their purchase decision 90% of the time.

About Kizashi;

It was an enthusiast sedan with pricing well over 25L when launched. It was not manufactured in India which meant every order would take some time for delivery if not already available at the dealer. The price tag when adjusted with inflation; it should cost around 35 to 45L, and that price is still extremely expensive for most buyers. And those who can afford it, they had inclined to buy an SUV (Explorer/Fortuner) at that time.
fj_victor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 14:22   #614
BHPian

What is the product refresh cycle for Maruti? is it 2 years or 3 years? I am hoping there would be some kind of a facelift for XL6 this year that will have additional goodies like 6 airbags, all wheel disc brakes and a larger infotainment system, USB sockets? etc. That will be a good package to buy as and when the XL6 facelift launches.

Anyone has any inside scoop on this? Thanks.
Old 25th January 2024, 16:53   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
What is the product refresh cycle for Maruti?
Anyone has any inside scoop on this?
I have heard that Maruti are eventually going to BNCAP all their vehicles across 2024. Depending upon the results, certain structural modifications or engineering will be / concurrently is being worked upon, and they might release updated models in time for the 2024 festive season.

I guess a low-hanging fruit is to install 2 additional (e.g. curtain) airbags in their more premium models like the XL6, which could already be engineered for the same.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks