Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2023, 13:03   #586
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Checked mine;in the clear.
Mine also says the same, but I did get a call from the dealer.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 17:22   #587
BHPian

Checked, mine is not listed, but I received letter and got software updated. Seems they have not uploaded data for this upgrade on above link, also this activity not listed in above link
Old 1st January 2024, 17:51   #588
cka
BHPian

A fried too got an XL6 and is irritated by this buzzer sound. Is there a solution to this problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnm008 View Post
Like many others mentioned, this isn't the case with others - for me too, seat belt alert starts only if passenger seat is occupied (July '22 Alpha+). Hence get your vehicles checked, could be a faulty sensor.
Old 1st January 2024, 18:37   #589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cka View Post
A fried too got an XL6 and is irritated by this buzzer sound. Is there a solution to this problem?
I’m guessing MS has recently made this standard across their range.
Options:
1. Ignore it for the 90 seconds it buzzes
2. Ensure all belts are buckled in at all times
3. Buy the illegal belt buckle inserts
4. Disconnect the buzzer itself at the risk of losing other audible warnings.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 05:26   #590
BHPian

Nomad mats you should be able to get at any 3M showroom. I got at Basaveshwarnagar 3M. Believe you have one at Banaswadi in north Bangalore. Coming to PPF, as long as the car is decent condition, where only some polishishing and rubbing to remove swirls and small scratches, it should work. But if you already have deep ones, you may need to get work done to fix those first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVICE View Post
Hi Rocky, not able to reach out on your XL6's PPF thread. Wonderful work done by Auto Engage. I am now itching to get something done for mine as well.

I have not been much into car detailing as yet, need suggestion here. Mine is a July22 XL6 Alpla+ AT Silver, would PPF still work or usually done on new cars?
I also stay close to Kogilu in north bangalore, please point me to where you got the 3M nomad mats done as well.

Thanks
rockyb4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:37   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb4u View Post
Nomad mats you should be able to get at any 3M showroom.
Approx how much 3M Nomad mats cost for XL6 all 3 rows? How much floor area they calculated for XL? Yours is AT or MT, for manual do they cover clutch base also or leave it blank (as Maruti do not recommend covering clutch base for security reasons, their own mats have clutch base empty)

Last edited by India2022 : 2nd January 2024 at 12:40. Reason: Edit
Old 2nd January 2024, 13:42   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
<<as Maruti do not recommend covering clutch base for security reasons, their own mats have clutch base empty>>
I find the driver side mat really weird with so many cutouts. Kind of defeats the purpose and I invariably find the fabric mats soiled underneath. I am in fact looking for a 'full' one which will go up right to the top like one of the 3D ones.

Again, if anyone finds accelerator and brake pedal covers, do share here. I find them too small and right foot hurts after a long drive.

Sorry for the dark and dusty pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-1.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-2.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd January 2024 at 14:27. Reason: as requested.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 21:26   #593

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review 2000 km ownership review

Well, buckle up, folks, because I'm about to take you on a 2-month, 2000km journey with my trusty steed, the XL6 Zeta AT, affectionately known as "Slatey" for his dashing Slate Grey attire. The only accessories he sports are a handy reverse parking camera and floor mats, quite the minimalist, really.

We embarked on our journey together on 15th Oct '23, and our first month took us through the wilds of Bangalore's mixed traffic. Slatey, like a well-behaved horse, never galloped past 80kph. We often navigated the infamous ORR, known for its traffic beast, and ventured through KR Puram, Hebbal, and Silk Board. Despite these tough terrains, Slatey's fuel efficiency remained at a respectable 12.2.

Upgrading from a manual Celerio to the automatic 'Slatey', felt like moving from a bicycle to an airplane. The quick acceleration and hill hold assist were like having my own personal jet pack, although the turning radius was a bit like trying to turn a cruise ship on a dime. Ah I missed my Celerio then! The paddle shifters, though, were a dream come true, especially when overtaking those slow-coach auto and pickups.

The seats were like a king's throne, even for a 6ft royal like myself, although the headrest could sometimes feel like a brick wall. The window controls were a throwback to cars from yesteryears, a quaint reminder of budgeting efforts. The captain seats in the second row were a hit with the family, making us feel like we were on a private jet.

The first service was smooth as silk, complete with home pickup and drop. The Suzuki Connect app was like a vigilant hawk, keeping an eye on Slatey's activities for any mischief by the driver. However, it has a blind spot in my basement parking since it cannot connect the telematics.

The second month saw us cruising to Banerghatta Zoo and Mysore. Slatey proved his mettle on these expeditions. The engine's growl became more pronounced at 120kph, reminding me that this was a family car, not a racehorse. A reckless BMW and Audi duo whizzed by, almost driving me to the kerb, reminding me to not get too adventurous. So I piped down and the music kept me chirpy and energized till we reached Mysore.

The boot is about as spacious as a kangaroo's pouch, fitting just two mid-sized bags. But hey, who needs luggage when you've got a comfortable ride? Despite some cost-cutting corners, Slatey is a reliable companion. He's not a performance beast, but rather a reliable family wagon. So if you're looking for a vehicular Mary Poppins - practically perfect in every way - Slatey might just be the car for you.
bhawik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 13:06   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I’m guessing MS has recently made this standard across their range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cka View Post
This doesn't seem to be a right thing to consider as a "feature". So I still think it's a faulty sensor. Please check with service center AND directly reach out to MSIL if SA says it's a feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_Hyd View Post
Brother,
I am currently in the decision making process of buying XL6 but confused on which variant Zeta or Alpha and also Manual or Automatic as I am budget conscious and drie mostly in city with an average of 50 km per day and long drives once every two months. What would be your advise?
Look forward to your inputs.
For AT variant, Bangalore city mileage is between 8-15kmpl - so take a decision based on the route you take, road conditions, typical traffic conditions etc.

In highways it easily gives around 19-20kmpl if driven below 100km/h. It drops to 17ish if you drive between 100-120km/h.

If you are budget conscious, you cannot go for Carens, as it reserves good features for higher variants only. For XL6, if budget allows, I'd suggest you to go for Alpha+ as it is not too expensive compared to Alpha; and ventilated seats do help a lot - you need to experience it during summers to know it.

Last edited by graaja : 3rd January 2024 at 14:56. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Edit or Multiquote options
vnm008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 05:37   #595
BHPian

It costed me around 12k. Dont recall the floor area. I didn’t get in the boot area. Mine is an AT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
Approx how much 3M Nomad mats cost for XL6 all 3 rows? How much floor area they calculated for XL? Yours is AT or MT, for manual do they cover clutch base also or leave it blank (as Maruti do not recommend covering clutch base for security reasons, their own mats have clutch base empty)
rockyb4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 18:53   #596

I owned a 9 year old Ertiga Zxi (70 K KMS) but towards the end of 2022, I was looking out for a replacement. While I had absolutely no issues with the Ertiga I wanted to switch to an automatic and something which can be around for the next 10 years.

We had the following important requirements-
1. Gear Type: Automatic but non DCT
2. Seater: 7
3. Fuel: Petrol
4. Mileage: 20 KPL on highway
5. Maintenance: Low maintenance cost
6. Price: Under 20 L
7. Safety: 5 Star Global NCAAP
8. Driving style: Sedate. No fast acceleration. Highway speed- 90 to 110

Occupancy : 80% of the time 3 in the car, 15% of the time 6 in the car, rest 5% 7 or 8 in the car

Features I was NOT looking for: ADAS, Sun roofs and IMT

Probably you are having a good laugh now as currently no car exists in India which can fulfil all the above criteria. If you have an Ertiga, the options for an upgrade are quite limited unless you have tonnes of money. For a Salaried professional, Car is not an asset but a one time expense.

The options were Ertiga, Carens, XUV/Scorpio, Safari, Alcazar, Triber, Citreon. Thus started multiple rounds of elimination. (I would just like to apologize upfront if my comments end up offending any of the owners of the below respective cars.)
  1. • Carens: This was ruled out as it had DCT which has heating issues in city traffic. Though the ride quality was smooth and had great features and an excellent 3rd row, I had to ditch it.
  2. • XUV/Scorpio: Lot of horror stories on niggles on newly delivered car. That coupled with the price and long waiting period, effectively eliminated this as well.
  3. • Safari: Highly Impressed by the build. However, No petrol option. Price for the features I was looking for was on higher side.
  4. • Triber: Too small and not so powerful
  5. • Alcazar: Cost was a barrier and so was the DCT gearbox. Also 2nd and 3rd seat legroom are not great
  6. • Citroen: Unknown in India. Not sure how long it would stick around in our country.
  7. • Ertiga: Actually ticked all the boxes, except Safety. But then it would not be an upgrade right ? Was not getting much additional features from my existing Ertiga.

It was then some one told about the XL6 as an option. It was not in my original list as it was not a 7 seater. But since I had exhausted other options it was time to have a look at the XL6 Automatic.
I turned to BIMAL NEXA on ORR Mahadevapura. A showroom visit and a TD later the decision was taken. Alpha Plus Automatic Celestial Blue it was. It was decently loaded and I felt that with 6 on board, it was more comfortable than a 7 seater due to the space in between the captain seats. Also, captain seats provided more comfort than a bench seat.
The delivery was prompt in just 3 weeks with very minimal follow ups. A good discount was provided on the below accessories. Got a good value for my Ertiga and the transfer process was smooth.

1. Window Visors,
2. Window and Door Chrome,
3. All arm rests were changed to match the dashboard styling
4. NEXA door sill guard illuminated,
5. Rat Mesh
6. Paint protection
7. under chassis coating and PVC Mats.
I also fitted a DDPI Pro Dashcam. (front only)

Below is the feedback after 6 weeks and 1500 Kms.

Super Likes:
1. Smooth drive with very low NVH: A very sturdy feeling one gets probably due to the R16 wheels and cabin insulation. The passengers in captain seats felt as if they were riding a Volvo club class bus.
2. The UV/IR windows: A real blessing. The difference can be clearly felt and it actually makes the AC more effective.
3. Ventilated seats- Never wanted one. But after experiencing loved it. Very effective in hot conditions.
4. 360 camera: The 360 top view image can be tricky in low light conditions. What is more useful is the front and left side camera for tight parking.
5. Paddle Shifters- Easy to use and is useful when you want to quickly accelerate from a toll booth or a traffic signal. The downshifts are used when you want to overtake and hence want to move down from 5/6 to gear 4.
6. Suzuki connect: Very useful features with almost no lag.
7. Looks: The DRL headlights and chiselled looks makes the XL6 very attractive from site front and sides. Rear look is average.

1. Audio and Infotainment: No complaints, decent sound quality
2. Mileage: Already gave 16.5 (full AC) on the highway in the 1st month itself.
3. Cruise control- Works like a charm. Though in India we have limited usage of this feature.
4. Android Auto wireless connectivity: No issues whatsoever.
5. All-black leatherette interiors: Gives quite a premium look

What could have been better:

1. Plasticky dash board, it could have been made more firmer and softer
2. The driver arm rest could have been broader and longer.
3. On D mode, it should have shown the gear number on the Instrument Panel
4. Gear shift lever doesn’t have an illumination to show which gear I am on. (of course with practice it is no longer required)
5. High revv sound on 1st and 2nd gears. To avoid this you have to accelerate slowly. Or if you want to get quickly off the blocks (like from a toll or a signal), use the paddle shifters to quickly move to 3rd gear.
6. Thud on polymax speed breaker- If you are alone in the car, you really have to go slow over the polymax speed breakers, else you get an uncomfortable thud sound when the rear wheel crosses over. Normal tar speed breakers are comfortably crossed.
7. Cruise control (resume function): To be used carefully as it resumes to set speed quite fast.
8. Auto off/on feature: Irritating functionality. Every time needs to be switched off.
9. Number plate housing: Lot of noise after you close the boot window

Features which I would have liked to be included:

Auto dimming IRVM, USB sockets instead of just power sockets, curtain air bags for the middle row, weight sensors for rear seats to avoid unnecessary buckling of seat belts, a slightly larger display area for the HU.

Nice to have feature which has been a bonus for me-
TPMS, interior lights to the cabin’s footwell area for both the driver and the front passenger, Shark Fin antenna and roof rails for that enhanced look, LED DRLs

The first long drive: Was itching to take out the car on the highway. Finally got the opportunity during the Christmas break when we drive down from Bangalore to Mangalore. Thoroughly enjoyed the smooth highway ride. Cruise was enjoyable but couldn’t hold for long due to the long weekend traffic, the curves and the up and down inclines of the road. Shiradi ghat was crossed with great ease as the steering is light. The automatic proved to be a boon especially as you enter into village areas. One hand can comfortably placed on the armrest while the left leg can be folded at will.

The Family is absolutely loving it and happy with the decision we took. My trust in Suzuki continues as this is my 4th car from their stable.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240111-11.49.41-1.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240111-11.49.41.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240111-11.49.40.jpeg  

vbhath is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 19:43   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbhath View Post

Features which I would have liked to be included:

Auto dimming IRVM, USB sockets instead of just power sockets, curtain air bags for the middle row, weight sensors for rear seats to avoid unnecessary buckling of seat belts, a slightly larger display area for the HU.
Thanks for the detailed review. One of reasons why I put on hold the purchase of Xl6 was because of the above missing features. I thought these were absolutely necessary for a car like this.
NFS2024 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 12:50   #598

Has Maruti completely stopped using the weight sensors for rear seats in all cars?
Old 13th January 2024, 15:02   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthrajan View Post
Has Maruti completely stopped using the weight sensors for rear seats in all cars?
Definitely in the Jimny and recently manufactured XL6 models. Unsure of others.
Only the front passenger seat has the sensor.

Simplest remedy is to buy seatbelt buckle dummies BUT not use them (as an alternative) when passengers are seated on those seats!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 16:40   #600
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase, I was in the exact same scenario in Aug2022 with a 9 year old Ertiga ZXI that had run 71000 kms. Went to the Nexa showroom and did not hesitate to book the Alpha +AT. After 15,000 kms in XL6, no complaints at all. Very practical csr

[quote=vbhath;5698390]I owned a 9 year old Ertiga Zxi (70 K KMS) but towards the end of 2022, I was looking out for a replacement. While I had absolutely no issues with the Ertiga I wanted to switch to an automatic and something which can be around for the next 10 years.
Blr_RK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks