Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2023, 20:30   #571
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
Does anybody have 'SmartPlay Pro' manual pdf or its link?
Google search gave this https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...o%2B-DA2-9.pdf
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 14:14   #572
BHPian

Today, got attached letter from my Nexa workshop to bring XL6 for some software update. Spoken to workshop manager, he said this is for reprogramming of the battery kept below 1st row co-passenger seat, so that it do not drain fast in future. He said battery panel along with battery itself is below seat, overall process will take approx 1 hour (and not to be confused with audio headunit s/w, this is different). I did asked if there is a problem being rectified, he said no problem is there and nothing getting changed, its that we are updating battery panel s/w by reprogramming so that it do not drain fast in future. Mine is June'22 facelift (alpha m/t). Anybody else recieved such letter and already got this update done?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20231229_1345502.jpg  

Last edited by India2022 : 29th December 2023 at 14:17. Reason: Edit
India2022 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 15:58   #573
BANNED

Quote:
Today, got attached letter from my Nexa workshop to bring XL6 for some software update.
No such letter for me so far. Mine is Mar 23 , Zeta AT though.

Edit - Just spoke to my SA in fair deal Noida. MSIL have indeed send postal letters to affected customers via dealerships. One can manually check as well with them. It appears that only specific cars are affected and not all.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 29th December 2023 at 16:02.
Old 29th December 2023, 16:18   #574
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today, got attached letter from my Nexa workshop to bring XL6 for some software update.
I also got a call yesterday. They said something to do with battery. I had got the car serviced day before! But they say they didn't know then!
Old 29th December 2023, 16:51   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

I’ve not received any such letter for my October’23 Alpha AT. Do these get reflected in the Suzuki Connect or Care app?

On a humorous note, was trying to overtake a KSRTC with a lot of revs but without any appreciable progress, and was reminded of Hema Malini’s dialogue in Sholay, “Chal Dhanno, aaj teri Basanti ki izzat ka sawaal hai”
Old 29th December 2023, 20:32   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Today, got attached letter from my Nexa workshop to bring XL6 for some software update. Spoken to workshop manager, he said this is for reprogramming of the battery kept below 1st row co-passenger seat, so that it do not drain fast in future. He said battery panel along with battery itself is below seat, overall process will take approx 1 hour (and not to be confused with audio headunit s/w, this is different). I did asked if there is a problem being rectified, he said no problem is there and nothing getting changed, its that we are updating battery panel s/w by reprogramming so that it do not drain fast in future. Mine is June'22 facelift (alpha m/t). Anybody else recieved such letter and already got this update done?
My XL6 engine guard was damaged today due to an unmarked speed breaker and a pit next to the speed breaker during a short trip today. I had to check with the Salem Nexa service center and got the car checked. Thankfully nothing major and only the engine guard had to be replaced. After replacing the SA couldn’t close the job card due to the hybrid battery update. I had to update the battery and it was a quick 20 mins job. Mine is a June 2022 manufactured and July 2022 delivery Alpha plus automatic .

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_8475.jpeg

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_8474.jpeg

Last edited by sairamboko : 29th December 2023 at 20:33. Reason: Model of the car added
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 06:52   #577
BHPian

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/tragic-...-12484424.html

An unfortunate XL6 hybrid (Jan 23) fire incident took the life of owner. Looking at the video, I don't see any fire/smoke from engine bay.

Don't want to speculate, but this one needs investigation from Maruti on the source of fire and reports that doors got jammed.
DriverLess is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 09:49   #578
BHPian

Very very tragic incident, may his soul rest in peace and give strength to his family. Quite young....just 48.
Feeling scared to drive XL
Hope Maruti do a detailed investigation and come out with actual reason of this fire, as its a brand new car and raises question on Maruti.

Question: Driver side cetral lock/unlock button is mechanical or electrinic in our Xls? Also same question for lock/unlock buttons of other 3 passenger sides?

Safety Measures: what are safety measures we all should take care for mishaps (not just fire)? Does glass hammer helps here? And I believe hammer needs to be easily accessible as time is crucial , just a few sec so hammer should be accessible while driver sitting, one dont need to bend or unhook the seat belt? And is hammer needed in all rows or atleast in 2nd row?
I have this Car charger with glass breaker (https://amzn.eu/d/3grqmtQ) but need to bend down to take out from 12v cigarette lighter socket.
Found lot of glass hammers with seat belt cutter on amazon, base to be screwed at easy accessible position (https://amzn.eu/d/89XyHHh)

Pls share thoughts/suggestions, and if any dedicated thread on car safety, pls share that as well...lets revisit our car safety instruments and keep what all is needed...

Last edited by India2022 : 30th December 2023 at 09:52. Reason: Edit
Old 30th December 2023, 13:34   #579

Hi Rocky, not able to reach out on your XL6's PPF thread. Wonderful work done by Auto Engage. I am now itching to get something done for mine as well.

I have not been much into car detailing as yet, need suggestion here. Mine is a July22 XL6 Alpla+ AT Silver, would PPF still work or usually done on new cars?
I also stay close to Kogilu in north bangalore, please point me to where you got the 3M nomad mats done as well.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb4u View Post
Old 30th December 2023, 18:01   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Today, got attached letter from my Nexa workshop to bring XL6 for some software update. Spoken to workshop manager, he said this is for reprogramming of the battery kept below 1st row co-passenger seat, so that it do not drain fast in future. Mine is June'22 facelift (alpha m/t)
Got this software upgrade done today, its a 10min stuff, rest all is waiting time, I was lucky immediately got empty slot.
They start the car, connect laptop via a cable plugging somewhere between steering and accelerator, and done in 10mins.

Also asked about door lock/unlock giving reference to Bangalore fire incident. He said central lock/unlock button is electrical so require circuit, but lock/unlock button on each of the 4 door works as manual. So if car battery completely drained out or any fire incident or circuit failure due to water logging, even then all 4 doors can be opened manually from inside using the manual button on all 4 doors

Last edited by India2022 : 30th December 2023 at 18:02. Reason: Edit
India2022 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 21:34   #581
BHPian

Quote:

Also asked about door lock/unlock giving reference to Bangalore fire incident. He said central lock/unlock button is electrical so require circuit, but lock/unlock button on each of the 4 door works as manual. So if car battery completely drained out or any fire incident or circuit failure due to water logging, even then all 4 doors can be opened manually from inside using the manual button on all 4 doors
I would not take service adviser's word for it. Most cars have manual unlock mode when battery is drained. The question is can the manual mode get jammed if there is electric malfunction (not battery dead, but short circuit/fire etc)
Old 30th December 2023, 22:46   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverLess View Post
I would not take service adviser's word for it. Most cars have manual unlock mode when battery is drained. The question is can the manual mode get jammed if there is electric malfunction (not battery dead, but short circuit/fire etc)
Fair enough. Let more people enquire until we all get same answer. BTW he said these 4 buttons are manual/mechanical buttons which will work when battery drained out/circuit not working etc etc, but lets get deep into it to get facts. Our expert @LeoShashi may throw light

Last edited by India2022 : 30th December 2023 at 22:57. Reason: Edit
India2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 22:59   #583

Thanks for the information , is there a portal where we can check if our xl6 is part of the upgrade required. I was checking with the my dealer, they dont seem to be aware. Mine is from the June 22 lot as well.

Quote:
Old 31st December 2023, 09:00   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVICE View Post
Thanks for the information , is there a portal where we can check if our xl6 is part of the upgrade required
You can check here https://www.marutisuzuki.com/importa...JzaKd8yCNeXT9k
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 10:25   #585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Checked mine;in the clear.

By the way, my SA had casually mentioned a (paid) rat mesh which can be fitted at my discretion. Is it required please? We generally don’t have any infestation now.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_9870.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks