Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2023, 19:04   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
I bought the XL6 AT last week. It does chime for every seat irrespective of whether there is passenger or not. But it goes off after 2 minutes.
Exactly my experience too. Looks like they’ve adopted the Jimny model.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 19:58   #542
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
No. When not occupied there should be no seat belt reminder buzzer. I remember seeing one more such post. Check with your service centre once. Seems like they did not do PDI properly.
Doesn't happen on my Dec 2022 Alpha+AT.

Could it be something to do with aftermarket seat covers?
Old 23rd October 2023, 20:18   #543
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Doesn't happen on my Dec 2022 Alpha+AT.

Could it be something to do with aftermarket seat covers?
I suspect it is seat cover. Most probably, Sensor is getting activated by some think heavy or dealer forget to do proper PDI or a faulty sensor in itself.

Mine March 2023 Zeta AT do not have this Issue.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 20:45   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

I don’t have any aftermarket stuff at all but it still is happening to me. Goes away as soon as I plug in all the buckles.

I suspect it is the Jimny model.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 08:02   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I don’t have any aftermarket stuff at all but it still is happening to me. Goes away as soon as I plug in all the buckles.

I suspect it is the Jimny model.
Correction! There is a seat belt alert slider in the HU. I put it off and now no more alerts except for the driver if I remember correctly.
Old 27th October 2023, 11:50   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Correction! There is a seat belt alert slider in the HU. I put it off and now no more alerts except for the driver if I remember correctly.
Could you please elaborate under which setting in HU can we find this?
Old 28th October 2023, 16:22   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Could you please elaborate under which setting in HU can we find this?
Hi, looks like I was mistaken: the setting is indeed present under Alerts as Seatbelt alert BUT does not seem to change anything.

I switched it off and unplugged one of the rear belts, and it immediately started sounding. Hence, it looks as if it gets overridden by the ECU firmware regardless of the setting chosen.

EDIT: Sincere apologies for the dusty screen!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_8549.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 28th October 2023 at 16:38.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 08:01   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzvish91 View Post
I just brought XL6 Alpha+ MT
Everytime when I ride it keeps on giving (illogical) seatbelt alerts
Does it require all the seatbelts clicked in irrespective of them been occupied or not?
Alert only comes if front seats occupied (mine in Jul22 facelift Alpha). Pls get it checked. I think some weight sensor there....once I kept a heavy bag on front seat (non driver) and it started giving alert
Old 30th October 2023, 09:03   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
Alert only comes if front seats occupied (mine in Jul22 facelift Alpha). Pls get it checked. I think some weight sensor there....once I kept a heavy bag on front seat (non driver) and it started giving alert
For me, the alert chimes even if I am the only person in the car (in driver's seat and buckled up)
Old 30th October 2023, 10:08   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, looks like I was mistaken: the setting is indeed present under Alerts as Seatbelt alert BUT does not seem to change anything.
Quote:
For me, the alert chimes even if I am the only person in the car (in driver's seat and buckled up)
Like many others mentioned, this isn't the case with others - for me too, seat belt alert starts only if passenger seat is occupied (July '22 Alpha+). Hence get your vehicles checked, could be a faulty sensor.
vnm008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 13:04   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnm008 View Post
Like many others mentioned, this isn't the case with others - for me too, seat belt alert starts only if passenger seat is occupied (July '22 Alpha+). Hence get your vehicles checked, could be a faulty sensor.
Checked and rechecked. Unless all seats are buckled up, my September 2023 Alpha's seatbelt buzzers go off and stay on for ~90 seconds.

Couple of queries:

Has anyone found compatible pedal covers for the brake & accelerator? I am used to the organ type accelerator pedals in my other cars, and am experiencing right foot/ankle pain after longish drives. There are some ugly looking ones on online sites but are the universal ones with jugaad type screws/clamps at the back. I am looking for the customized slip-on ones which feel OEM types.

Has anyone fitted LED bulbs to the turn signals and reversing light? The former should not hyperflash and nor throw any voltage error on the MID. For the latter, I routinely reverse in pitch darkness and would appreciate brighter reversing bulbs.

I have picked up a set of front LED indicator bulbs but yet to receive them. Will loop back on this matter.

Have already replaced the other dim yellow filament bulbs with relevant LEDs. Pictures below:
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_8589.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_8652.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_8653.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_8624.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_8632.jpeg  

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_8605.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 1st November 2023 at 13:09.
Old 1st November 2023, 15:15   #552
BANNED

Quote:
Has anyone fitted LED bulbs to the turn signals and reversing light?
Not replaced anything with LED yet on turn signals or reverse lights but did replaced the number plate light with Below OSRAM LED.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08GFPNC8Q?...refix=osram+t1

For Pedals, even i too have this pain & Numb feel post long drives in my Ankles but i suspect that's to do with pedals. I believe it is with the driving position than anything else. I am nearing 5K kms and still trying to a sweet spot.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 15:22   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup, same here; the number plate and front interior light bulbs are the same, and I changed both. Mind you, mine were ultra stiff and fiddly to change, and I feared damaging the old bulbs and mounting!

Just look at the tiny pedals provided! I really hope we can look at other global Suzuki models and buy something that is a straight fit.

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_8656.jpeg

EDIT: Just checked out the Jimny pedals and they are different. Nor is anything available for the Indonesian XL7.

Next is to change to the Valeo fogs & Osram 50 watt bulbs. I stay in a pastoral area and am blinded by an army of Ace trucks in the evenings.

Last edited by itwasntme : 1st November 2023 at 15:45.
Old 1st November 2023, 17:13   #554
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
For Pedals, even i too have this pain & Numb feel post long drives in my Ankles but i suspect that's to do with pedals.
Isn't that an issue with all tall sitting cars? Unless you stretch your legs like in a sedan, the ankles will have to get used to this upright position. Single reason I find low sedans so much more comfortable for long drives.
SLK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 19:06   #555
BANNED

Quote:

Just look at the tiny pedals provided! I really hope we can look at other global Suzuki models and buy something that is a straight fit..
Here is me wishing and praying to find a suitable replacement which is comfortable and reduce the ankle strain. On a serious note, do let us know if you to find something which reduces the ankle pain.

Quote:
Next is to change to the Valeo fogs & Osram 50 watt bulbs. I stay in a pastoral area and am blinded by an army of Ace trucks in the evenings.
This is much needed. OEM fogs inspire zero confidence during nights. I bought valeo for some 1400 for pair + OSRAM 50W for 5K here from kashmere gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Single reason I find low sedans so much more comfortable for long drives.
Agree on sedans as you sit low on floor and stretch the legs to reach pedals unlike tall boys where one have legs hanging mid air to reach pedals but think if we have organ type pedals that will surely help as feet will rest on floor. I wears a small shoe size & always end up raising my feet when i have to brake or accelerate.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 1st November 2023 at 19:10.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks