Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2023, 08:18   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Any feedback on the OEM 195/60/16 MRF Wanderers? Are they good enough, or a swap is warranted to either Michelin P3ST (if at all available) or Vredestein Ultrac or Continental UC6?

USP is comfort with some improvement in handling.
Old 15th September 2023, 17:37   #512
BANNED

XL6 zeta owners,

Are there any specific cable specifications if one need to use android auto. Car in question is XL6 zeta with smart play infotainment system & AA works with OEM Sony Cables only. If i use any other generic cables, phone just refuses to connect with cable error on phone.

I use a Pixel 6A which comes with no OEM charger. The cable supplied is a C-type to C-type connector. I cannot use it to hook up to HU in XL6 zeta as port on HU is a USB 2.0 female connector. I tried using a Jabra OEM cable and it did not detected the phone et all. Tried another long cable and there too it failed to detect the phone.

Strangely enough phone was getting charged normally with both cables. Just that Android auto won't work.
Old 15th September 2023, 17:50   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
XL6 zeta owners,

Are there any specific cable specifications if one need to use android auto. Car in question is XL6 zeta with smart play infotainment system & AA works with OEM Sony Cables only. If i use any other generic cables, phone just refuses to connect with cable error on phone.

I use a Pixel 6A which comes with no OEM charger. The cable supplied is a C-type to C-type connector. I cannot use it to hook up to HU in XL6 zeta as port on HU is a USB 2.0 female connector. I tried using a Jabra OEM cable and it did not detected the phone et all. Tried another long cable and there too it failed to detect the phone.

Strangely enough phone was getting charged normally with both cables. Just that Android auto won't work.
I am using pixel 6a with this cable in smartplay studio system. Works well as it is short and has right angle port

Note that it won't connect with all cables especially the headphone charging ones. Use a good data transfer cable and you will be fine.

https://amzn.eu/d/bv7UDKQ

Last edited by Shrek8421 : 15th September 2023 at 17:51.
Shrek8421 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 02:29   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Some cables are just for "charging", while some are for "charging + data transfer". From outside, both looks same. So if you end up buying first type, it can only be used for charging. Before buying, check reviews/description to confirm if the cable can be used for data transfer. OEM cables are usually second type, hence it is working.

In general, any cable that works on laptop for data transfer should work for AA also.
vnm008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 14:13   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
I am using pixel 6a with this cable in smartplay studio system. Works well as it is short and has right angle port
I am using this cute little baby - cost Rs 48 only - to connect Samsung but mine XL6 is Alpha model

ZEBSTER Z-CC25 USB to Type C Cable, flat cable, supports upto 3A,Charge & Sync (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/d1xDonj
India2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 10:30   #516
BANNED

Perhaps a Stupid question and answered somewhere on forum but "No question is stupid Question"

The service schedule is calculated from the date of delivery or Date of last service. For example you purchased / got delivery of car on 1st march & first service was a month later on 1st april .2nd service schedule is 6 months but will it be 1st sept or 1st Oct and how does it work for subsequent car service.
Old 20th September 2023, 11:27   #517
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps a Stupid question and answered somewhere on forum but "No question is stupid Question"

The service schedule is calculated from the date of delivery or Date of last service.
The intervals specified in the user manual are cumulative, i.e. from the date of purchase.

But since Kms is also a criterion, for practical purposes incremental differences in months are used, e.g. 2nd service is 5 months or 4k kms after 1st then third is 6 months or 5k kms after 2nd.

Last edited by SLK : 20th September 2023 at 11:31.
SLK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 11:26   #518
BHPian

Took delivery of our White XL6 Alpha Plus AT variant on Wednesday.

The experience so far has been just as expected = சுமார் (meaning average), and I love the vehicle for it!

Will follow up with a detailed ownership review soon!

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img_20230920_171934__01__01.jpg
buzzy_boy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 12:45   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any feedback on the OEM 195/60/16 MRF Wanderers? Are they good enough, or a swap is warranted to either Michelin P3ST (if at all available) or Vredestein Ultrac or Continental UC6?

USP is comfort with some improvement in handling.
I have driven for around 300 KMs on the stock tyres in our new XL6 AT. We've put in around 50K KMs in our XUV 700 D MT on its stock Wanderers. Think they'll last another 10K KMs.

Summary = mediocre performance , but can take a fair bit of abuse.

I'm planning to switch to Contis for the XUV. But for the XL6, given the power and torque on offer, will probably stick to average Joe like the Wanderers in the interest of durability.

Last edited by buzzy_boy : 22nd September 2023 at 12:46.
Old 29th September 2023, 13:36   #520
BHPian

A small query regarding the 360 camera, how can one use the right side under mirror camera while parking?
I have had instances where I have had the need to park the car very close to the kerb on the right hand side, the 360 camera proved very useful on those times especially the part where only a single side cam is shown and not the complete car. I do not see that option anywhere, maybe MSIL can do it with an update.
As of today, I find no use for the right side camera.
Old 29th September 2023, 20:00   #521
BHPian

Is there any new HU software version released? Got this notification in 'Suzuki Connect' app. Even package website has same Jan'23 package 72S0.04.00
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-suzukiconnect.jpg
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-72s0.jpg
India2022 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 21:03   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
Is there any new HU software version released?
I did get the same message, but nor the website, nor the smart play pro app shows anything.
Old 3rd October 2023, 10:20   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
A small query regarding the 360 camera, how can one use the right side under mirror camera while parking?

There is no option to use only the Right-side camera (driver side). However, you can switch to the Left-side camera during Reverse or Drive gears. This is extremely helpful for me in certain parking areas where there is stones/tiny staircase blocking my left front tyre.

Also, in scenarios where I do need the Right-side camera view, I rely on the 360 view by putting in Parking gear or switching to the Top View of the car while in Drive gear.
I agree we do need the dedicated Right-side camera view option, and let's hope we get that via software update.
fj_victor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 20:07   #524
BHPian

I am curious about this - Not sure if its already answered.
XL6 Alpha Plus variant has 360cam.
Can a software tweak not help it to turn into a multi-channel dashcam?
If possible, can we do this aftermarket without voiding the warranty?
Old 4th October 2023, 21:14   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzvish91 View Post
I am curious about this - Not sure if its already answered.
XL6 Alpha Plus variant has 360cam.
Can a software tweak not help it to turn into a multi-channel dashcam?
If possible, can we do this aftermarket without voiding the warranty?
Hello, there might be below problems that I think will not let the above happen:
Software Problem - To read and store the data, you will need memory card support on the inbuilt head unit which will need alteration on the software front. Only the original manufacturer can do that with a software upgrade.

Hardware Problem - The camera is hard wired to only to the head unit, the analog signal cannot be tapped to take data elsewhere and the inbuilt unit does not have memory chips to support storage.
Change in head unit hardware might create bigger issues with compatibility of the camera overall.

I would be happy if MSIL can do it, but seems highly impossible for that to happen.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks