Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2023, 16:30   #496
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any market information on whether MS are going to further upgrade the XL6?

These could be:
1. Mono/pano sunroof
2. 2 or more airbags
3. Disc brakes at the rear
4. A better or powerful tune of the K15C
6. 6MT gearbox
1. Panoramic may never be done due to roof-mounted AC
2. Possible in next facelift(2024/25) but dependent on BNCAP tests in my opinion
3. Same as 2
4. This is doubtful. XL6 with K15C has been released only in India so far. Suzuki will die on the hill of fuel effeciency for an MPV. Market has shown them to be correct. Also the naysayers for this engine are overreacting. Reading through this thread will show you owners are happy.
5. Same as point 4. 6AT is available. Why fix if it aint broke?
Old 28th August 2023, 20:12   #497
BHPian

Hi TBHPians
I am planning to buy XL6 next month (will finalise the booking by Friday this week)
Variant: Alpha Plus MT in Splendid Silver paint scheme

I've gone through multiple reviews online & also did a testride, and I'm impressed by the overall package

Can someone please help me with following:
  1. Does XL6 also have Maruti's Arkamys Surround Sound like Ertiga (they have not mentioned about it in the brochure)
  2. Does the XL6's steering not have auto-centering steering feature like most of other Maruti cars
  3. If someone can confirm from ownership experience:
    • Are front ventilated seats really good for our hot climate
    • Does the UV+IR cut glasses make any considerable difference

Any other points that I should look out for?
Thanks

Last edited by Sheel : 4th September 2023 at 07:49. Reason: Please capitalize as required. Thanks.
Old 29th August 2023, 10:11   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzvish91 View Post
Does XL6 also have Maruti's Arkamys Surround Sound like Ertiga (they have not mentioned about it in the brochure)
Yes. It is an upgrade from the non-Arkamys system.

Quote:
Does the XL6's steering not have auto-centering steering feature like most of other Maruti cars
It centers enough. Not aggressively but not a deal breaker either. Steering is light though so good for relaxed drivers but not for speed enthusiasts. No issues in an MPV though.

Quote:
Are front ventilated seats really good for our hot climate
Does the UV+IR cut glasses make any considerable difference
Ventilated seats are good but noisy at the highest settings. Makes a huge difference in hot and humid climate though.
UV+IR cut glasses make a difference and this cant be added easily aftermarket so its good to have OEM installed.

Quote:
My recommendations for accessories:
1. Get All Weather 3D Mat and 3D boot mat from official accessories.
2. Get illuminated sill guard and Protective Door Sill Guard
3. Door Visor (Stainless Steel Insert)
Shrek8421 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 01:59   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhasa View Post
I had booked the XL6 Alpha Plus AT Dual Tone (Opulent Red with Black roof) on 23rd Apr 2023. After a long wait, received the delivery of the car on 12th Aug 2023.
Please can you share more pictures of your hot red ride. I have shortlisted XL6 Alpha+ AT but have not been able to make up my mind over the color. Heart says Dual tone Red but mind says white for easy maintenance and hot climate. You can post pictures here (I'm sure everyone will be happy to see more of this reclusive color), or otherwise you can DM me too. Thanks in advance ☺️
Old 5th September 2023, 01:46   #500

Well, after much dilly dallying about which car to buy as an upgrade from the Hyundai Venue SX+ that I owned, my wife and I went to the Nexa Showroom to look at the Grand Vitara. Having test driven the Grand Vitara, my wife was intrigued by the XL6 Alpha+ that was in the showroom and immediately requested a test drive. We're a growing family and needed a more reliable vehicle than the Hyudai Venue SX+ and we thought the Grand Vitara fit the bill. However, after test driving the XL6, my wife and I decided to sleep over the decision to buy the XL6 instead of Grand Vitara as we felt we would get more bang for the buck with the XL6, it being the more spacious car. My heart was not in it, but at this point in time, my head must rule over the heart and so we decided that XL6 it is. Actually, I've hardly tested it but looking at the glee on my wife's face every time she test drove it made me think that it would be the right choice. We booked the XL6 Alpha+ AT with Surakshaa Motors Nexa Showroom at Electronic City as one of my Uncle's was connected with them. This was around 25/06/2023. Immediately after booking the XL6, I moved to dispose off the Venue SX+ as I thought that the Hyundai was in for serious problems with the gear box no matter how gentle I was with it. Anyhow, after booking the XL6, I researched about the vehicle and found that every single reviewer/user said that the vehicle would have problems pulling in and around the hills! I was surprised to read that as the last Maruti Suzuki I owned was a Ritz and I really enjoyed driving that car on all terrain! Anyway, cut to the present and I was seriously doubting my decision to put my money on the XL6. However, there is/was no other competition, price wise, for the XL6 at that price point and it made economic sense to buy the vehicle. Another important factor that worked in the vehicle's favour was the stupendous Maruti Suzuki network in India. After nearly 2 months and 1 week of waiting, finally the vehicle is at the Surakshaa Motors godown. I got all the financial formalities cleared up and am awaiting the delivery of the vehicle in a few days time. I will update you all about the vehicle and I sincerely pray that I haven't made the wrong purchasing choice! My family and I enjoy long drives and it would be a huge disappointment if the XL6 is not able to do hill duty with full load! Dreading that day! On a side note, please advice as to what improvements are recommended from D-day itself as it would help me keep the vehicle in top shape for the years to come.

All advice is welcome!

A big thanks to @Leoshashi whose posts on the XL6 has instilled some amount of confidence in the vehicle.
amoghmasur is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 07:33   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghmasur View Post
We Anyhow, after booking the XL6, I researched about the vehicle and found that every single reviewer/user said that the vehicle would have problems pulling in and around the hills! I was surprised to read that as the last Maruti Suzuki I owned was a Ritz and I really enjoyed driving that car on all terrain! Anyway, cut to the present and I was seriously doubting my decision to put my money on the XL6. However, there is/was no other competition, price wise, for the XL6 at that price point and it made economic sense to buy the vehicle. Another important factor that worked in the vehicle's favour was the stupendous Maruti Suzuki network in India. After nearly 2 months and 1 week of waiting, finally the vehicle is at the Surakshaa Motors godown. I got all the financial formalities cleared up and am awaiting the delivery of the vehicle in a few days time. I will update you all about the vehicle and I sincerely pray that I haven't made the wrong purchasing choice! My family and I enjoy long drives and it would be a huge disappointment if the XL6 is not able to do hill duty with full load! Dreading that day! On a side note, please advice as to what improvements are recommended from D-day itself as it would help me keep the vehicle in top shape for the years to come.

All advice is welcome!

A big thanks to @Leoshashi whose posts on the XL6 has instilled some amount of confidence in the vehicle.
Congrats on your booking the right XL6 - the AT variant! I own the Alpha + AT for the past 1 yr. I have driven it over the hills of Ooty and Yelagiri. No issues with climbing the hills , even with a/c on. It may lack some power but the paddle shifter comes in handy. Enjoy the ownership and do update your experience!

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-15660632149cd6491b511841de81a587866c56fc4a.jpg
sairamboko is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 08:59   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time_Machine View Post
Please can you share more pictures of your hot red ride. I have shortlisted XL6 Alpha+ AT but have not been able to make up my mind over the color. Heart says Dual tone Red but mind says white for easy maintenance and hot climate. You can post pictures here (I'm sure everyone will be happy to see more of this reclusive color), or otherwise you can DM me too. Thanks in advance ☺️
Hi - Pls find the exterior pics. I don't find many DT (Opulent Red + Black) on the road.

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20230905_075514.jpg

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20230905_075525.jpg

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20230905_075534.jpg

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20230905_075540.jpg

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20230905_075544.jpg
santhasa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 09:12   #503

Quote:
  1. Does XL6 also have Maruti's Arkamys Surround Sound like Ertiga (they have not mentioned about it in the brochure)
  2. Does the XL6's steering not have auto-centering steering feature like most of other Maruti cars

Thanks

Can someone point to any thread that talks about adding a sub-woofer with the stock music system (if it is possible), without voiding the warranty?
Old 5th September 2023, 11:49   #504
BHPian

Quote:
every single reviewer/user said that the vehicle would have problems pulling in and around the hills!
This is totally not true. I've done many trips to hilly regions, car has never struggled. We went to "Thirunelli temple" near Wayanad with 6 adults and 2 kids, XL6 AT climbed like a charm. Obviously it is not as powerful as large diesels, but that's expected from any petrol car. And with AT the burden of driving in hilly areas doesn't fall on the driver even if the car has a weak engine.

If you are coming from MT, it'll take some time to get used to AT; until then you'll feel car MT was more fun to drive. Once you are used to it, you barely have to use even the paddle shifters, even in hilly areas or in congested 2 lane roads. I've covered over 15k KM already, I don't remember when did I use paddle shifters last time

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhasa View Post
Hi - Pls find the exterior pics. I don't find many DT (Opulent Red + Black) on the road.
I think Maruthi/showroom guys are pushing customers against DT variants; when I bought, OpulentRed DT was our first choice too, but both showrooms guys said it'll take more time than any other colour, they can't guarantee a fixed timeline for delivery for any DT variants (though I'm talking about 2022 May-July timeframe)
vnm008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 11:58   #505

Quote:
Hi TBHPians
I am planning to buy XL6 next month (will finalise the booking by Friday this week)
Variant: Alpha Plus MT in Splendid Silver paint scheme

I've gone through multiple reviews online & also did a testride, and I'm impressed by the overall package

Can someone please help me with following:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnm008 View Post
This is totally not true. I've done many trips to hilly regions, car has never struggled. We went to "Thirunelli temple" near Wayanad with 6 adults and 2 kids, XL6 AT climbed like a charm. Obviously it is not as powerful as large diesels, but that's expected from any petrol car. And with AT the burden of driving in hilly areas doesn't fall on the driver even if the car has a weak engine.

If you are coming from MT, it'll take some time to get used to AT; until then you'll feel car MT was more fun to drive. Once you are used to it, you barely have to use even the paddle shifters, even in hilly areas or in congested 2 lane roads. I've covered over 15k KM already, I don't remember when did I use paddle shifters last time

I think Maruthi/showroom guys are pushing customers against DT variants; when I bought, OpulentRed DT was our first choice too, but both showrooms guys said it'll take more time than any other colour, they can't guarantee a fixed timeline for delivery for any DT variants (though I'm talking about 2022 May-July timeframe)

The showroom guys are right. DT takes a long time. I booked on 23rd Apr and got the delivery on 12th Aug. However, the XL6 production was ramped up massively during July and Aug - I could see some customers getting lower end models with 1 week waiting time too. It depends on timing and your luck.
santhasa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 12:38   #506
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyhow, after booking the XL6, I researched about the vehicle and found that every single reviewer/user said that the vehicle would have problems pulling in and around the hills! I was surprised to read that as the last Maruti Suzuki I owned was a Ritz and I really enjoyed driving that car on all terrain! Anyway, cut to the present and I was seriously doubting my decision to put my money on the XL6.
All cars have their positives/ negatives and researching after booking your brain is trying to look for anything that could save you from a wrong decision, so negatives only!

Here's what I wrote earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I took it to hills (4+2 loaded, with almost no luggage), while it performs ok, its gear shifting becomes a bit too stretched (it revvs without cause!), so manual mode is helpful at times but at slow speeds manual was not as fast and reactive, so I just let the auto do, whatever it does.
The gear shifts in auto cars are incline sensitive, so they try to compensate for the climb by using a lower gear, hence the revving.
SLK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 13:50   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(PART 1)
I researched about the vehicle and found that every single reviewer/user said that the vehicle would have problems pulling in and around the hills! I was surprised to read that as the last Maruti Suzuki I owned was a Ritz and I really enjoyed driving that car on all terrain!

(PART 2)
My family and I enjoy long drives and it would be a huge disappointment if the XL6 is not able to do hill duty with full load! Dreading that day!

(PART 3)
On a side note, please advice as to what improvements are recommended from D-day itself as it would help me keep the vehicle in top shape for the years to come.

All advice is welcome!
Kindly allow me to share my views on these three parts:

Part 1: Reviewers finding it underpowered in hills. What the reviewers say is correct. The 1.5NA engine of Suzuki (K15B engine) is tuned for efficiency. Compared to most other turbo powered cars, it will anyday feel underpowered to a reviewer. But, in its own space, XL6 is a decent performer if you know what you should be expecting (one needs to spend an extended time with the car which the reviewers are unable to) and if you understand its strengths and weaknesses. Not all part of hill road is a continuous incline. You will have to drive in lower gears when the incline is steep. I have a S-Cross 1.5NA that I drove around near Kedarnath for two years and I never found it underpowered. But my car was driven without passengers or load. The power to weight ratio of S-Cross is lower as it weighs in excess of 1150Kg in contrast to other Maruti cars built on the Heartect platform.
- Ritz: Your experience with Ritz does not correlate with the XL6 as Swift/Ritz have always had a higher power to weight ratio. Enjoying the XL6 required you to forget your Ritz experience.

Part 2: I strongly suggest you to take a test drive of XL6 in full load on a road with multiple fly overs so that you can assess its performance while going uphill. Do not take the test drive with a prejudice from the reviews but male your own opinion and decide.

Part 3: XL6 is a fully loaded car. The standard accessories needed for all cars include floor mats, a tyre inflator and a male USB-A to female USB-C converter/adapter. For safety, a dashcam and a TPMS can be added if not available in the car already.
For car maintenance: you can select one or more of the following: Car cover, microfiber cloth, windscreen wash fluid additive sachets from Maruti.

As I am from North, we generally opt for white cars so I have no experience of PPF, ceramic coating etc.
PaddleShifter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 07:57   #508
BHPian

Dear XL6 owners: can you please comment whether on the xl6 we can have the relax mode as in the thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5621420 (Your preferred seating configurations in your vehicle)
Old 11th September 2023, 19:21   #509
BANNED

I am thinking of getting a Sun film installed in NCR. Was wondering if any one have got it done yet and if cops are a issue per se.

I know Alpha and Alpha+ comes with tinted glass. Any matching sunfilms suggestions will be helpful.
Old 12th September 2023, 22:45   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelinf View Post
Dear XL6 owners: can you please comment whether on the xl6 we can have the relax mode as in the thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5621420 (Your preferred seating configurations in your vehicle)
Yes, it's possible to do in XL6 as well. Push the middle row maximum backwards & recline, then remove headrest & fully recline front passenger seat, you'll get a similar posture as shown in first pic.

I've not compared it with Innova in person, so can't give an exact comparison.
I'll try to post pics when I get time.

Middle row seats doesn't fold fully forward, so other configuration isn't possible.
vnm008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks