Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2023, 12:59   #481

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Thanks for the advice guys.

This is for someone who was planning to get those add-on seats which I think are not safe at all and not comfortable as well.

Swapping with Ertiga seats is an option but they come with beige finish for the plastic parts. As pointed out this can also be an issue given that the XL6 is labelled as a 6-seater, so I think dropping the plan for now is the best option.

Wonder why Maruti isn't launching a 7-seater version of the XL6 in India. Maybe because it will cannibalize the Ertiga's share if they do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Hey, can anyone assist me with a question about changing the individual captain seats in the XL6 to a bench seat like the one in the international XL7 version?

Since these cars have a similar base, would the attachment points for both the 6-seater and 7-seater versions will be the available?

Any idea how one could get hands on one of those bench seats from the XL7 and install it in the XL6 here in India?

Thanks!
Many have answered this question. But, I have one very basic follow up question - if the seat is changed to a bench seat like what is in Ertiga, will it not affect the ingress to the 3rd row seats? Currently, irrespective of your height and size, you can move between the two captain seats and reach the 3rd row.
santhasa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 13:37   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhasa View Post
I had booked the XL6 Alpha Plus AT Dual Tone (Opulent Red with Black roof) on 23rd Apr 2023. After a long wait, received the delivery of the car on 12th Aug 2023. There were multiple reasons:
Is the ride handling good in city? If you drive solo I have heard it's not that great, is it true?
Old 24th August 2023, 14:09   #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Is the ride handling good in city? If you drive solo I have heard it's not that great, is it true?
Ride handling is pretty good. This is not your wide bodied car like innova, pretty narrow (one reason why you have six seats). I see both the steering control and drivability as very good.
Old 24th August 2023, 14:18   #484
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhasa View Post
if the seat is changed to a bench seat like what is in Ertiga, will it not affect the ingress to the 3rd row seats? Currently, irrespective of your height and size, you can move between the two captain seats and reach the 3rd row.
1) It will become same as Ertiga - only access from the side. Its not so bad, but the 3rd row's will start to feel claustrophobic and no one would want to sit there. At least now, kids love it, because its their own private space, with an access to the front.

2) I doubt that Ertiga's seat will be a straight fit. The Ertiga has a 2/3,1/3 design and the seats run on rails, how can XL6's and Ertiga's installation points be same. Drilling holes in the floor, not sure if the same support points will be available in XL6.

Quote:
The ride is quite decent, the rear can jump over speed-breakers, but then a long wheelbase vehicle isn't supposed to be driven fast over breakers.

Handling - I haven't had any issues driving alone, but then I haven't driven it like I would drive a Sedan. I think it does the job well otherwise.
SLK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 00:31   #485
BHPian

Quote:
For a family of (me, wifey, 2 year daughter and my mom), looking for a MPV/SUV for 50-50 City/Highway usage.
Following were the requirements
- Need an automatic
- Needs to be SUV/MPV
- Mix of 50-50 city and highway (Plan monthly weekend getaways)
* Oh yes, this city means Banashankari to Marathahalli 3 days a week
- Good enough boot space for weekends and for 5-7 day trips
- Decent mileage expected
- Hassle free and good after sales service
- Planning to keep the car for 10-12 years
- Good suspension and NVH
- Good cabin spaciousness and cooling are important
You have very similar requirements as mine; i too was looking for an SUV/MPV for similar travel pattern & my family also consists of me, wife, my mother & 5yrs old kiddo. XL6, carens & seltos were in our final shortlist also. So I'll give my bit

5 seaters vs 6 seaters
- having an additional row of seat helps a lot when you have a small kid. Kids usually sleep while we go for outstation/late night/long drives - with 5 seaters, they'll share the 2nd row with your mother/wife, making it less comfortable for both of them. With 6 seater kids get to occupy the complete 3rd row & others can sit/sleep in middle row without any discomfort.
- another thing which is usually overlooked, most of the new 5 seaters have a bump in the middle of 2nd row (either floor or seat) - so it's better to be called as 4 seater, esp for drives above 30mins. With 6 seaters like XL6/Carens, a 5th person can sit with better comfort than this; if you have luggage, we can fold one of the 3rd row seat and make more space for storage, even when 5 are seated.
- when you have more luggage, you can fold back row, making it as spacious (or even more) as 5 seaters like seltos or GV. This has 50-50 fold, similar to 40-60 in 5 seaters.

Adv of having 6 seater over 7 seater:
- kids can move to last row when the car is on the move, without jumping over middle row or waiting for car to stop; making them more comfortable to sit in 3rd row as they can come near parents whenever they want. These things become important once your kid is 4-5 years old.
- Luggages kept in last row is easily accessible; this is true when last row is folded and used as luggage space too. With this we don't need to keep anything in middle row (like snacks bag/extra water bottles/other extras kept for kids etc).
- adjustable middle row seats - can be moved forward if adults are sitting in 3rd row. Can be tilted backwards to get a semi-sleeper feel.

Seltos:
- seltos felt more comfortable for entry and exit for my mother, though XL6 door is wider and opens bit more.
- has Diesel automatic with torque converter (if you are a diesel head)
- feels more premium behind the wheel (& has sunroof if you need)
- better acceleration compared to other 2 options

Carens:
- Premium feel, diesel option, 6-7 seater,
- slightly softer suspension
- but premium comes at a much higher premium price - especially 6 seater varient, no torque converter for petrol option

XL6:
- 6 seater petrol with torque converter available for lesser price than carens
- many useful features like UV cut and tinted glasses, ventilated seats, 360°cam etc (other 2 had some of these, but for much higher premium)
- much better customer support & reliability compared to most other manufacturers in India
- interior didn't feel as great as other 2 & acceleration was bit less.
- no diesel / turbo petrol option

Which is better in terms of - safety features / mileage / GC / sound isolation etc are debatable.

With these in mind & multiple test drives, we went ahead with XL6 AT alpha+.

I hope this helps ☺️
vnm008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 11:08   #486
BHPian

Quote:
That's probably a comment on MPVs. But XL6, carens etc are made like cars, so issue like high body roll or bumpy ride when driven solo etc aren't applicable.

Advantage Carens have are softer suspension (better comfort in crater filled Bangalore roads), turbo petrol option, diesel option, sunroof, better interiors etc. But almost all these comes with a much higher premium - so it's a personal preference.

XL6 has better rear AC (has a functional rear AC), UV cut glass, 360° cam (very useful when Google takes us through narrow shortcuts in Bangalore City), better FE, Maruthi's reliability and support compared to Kia, etc.

And general perception that K15C engine is weak & it may struggle in hilly areas or 100+ speeds isn't correct. I've driven in pretty steep inclines with 4 passengers + luggage for 4, it climbs without any struggle. Similarly, it cruises easily at 120kmph as well (I've not tried beyond that coz of the irritating beep after 120). It accelerates slowly compared to turbo petrols; but does a decent job compared to other NA petrols.
vnm008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 12:45   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnm008 View Post
You have very similar requirements as mine; i too was looking for an SUV/MPV for similar travel pattern & my family also consists of me, wife, my mother & 5yrs old kiddo. XL6, carens & seltos were in our final shortlist also. So I'll give my bit

With these in mind & multiple test drives, we went ahead with XL6 AT alpha+.

I hope this helps ☺️
You just made my day easier, this is like exact scenario, and yes I was like for short drives, the kid can play in the back seat without any issue while we go around driving, also snacking/sleeping is lot easier with egress to 3rd row.
In one of the TDs we actually got mini snacks to see if she can eat in 3rd and it is wonderful since it creates less hassles.

The premiumness is missing in XL6 for sure, but for us who look for reliability, hassle-free experience.. this matters.

May I ask where you got it from? And what insurance is picked up?
Will do 1 more TD of both XL6/Seltos and go ahead with it.

Has anyone done a TD/gotten a Khaki/Grey color XL6, haven't seen it, but looks different than others and want to know how it is under sun.
m2maddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 13:09   #488
BANNED

Quote:
Maruti offers their own insurance. Basically they act as broker for various insurance companies. Pick the best one which suits your requirement. If you get a better quote outside, they typically match the quote. Good part with Nexa is that they do not push for un necessary accessories or addon's .

Quote:
I've not tried beyond that coz of the irritating beep after 120
How did you changed this beep to 120. Mine is set to 80 and i am unable to find a way to set it higher.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 25th August 2023 at 13:12. Reason: quoted VNM008
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 17:30   #489
BHPian

[QUOTE
How did you changed this beep to 120. Mine is set to 80 and i am unable to find a way to set it higher.[/quote]

80 kmph there is a single beep. IMO its fine and an indication of speed.
120 kmph there are continuous beeps. This is highly irritating.

Note that the above is mandated by the government.

To disable this there is no direct way. You will need to go a mechanic who is ready to do it and possibly void warranty?
Shrek8421 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 10:38   #490
BHPian

Quote:
the kid can play in the back seat without any issue while we go around driving, also snacking/sleeping is lot easier with egress to 3rd row.
In one of the TDs we actually got mini snacks to see if she can eat in 3rd and it is wonderful since it creates less hassles.

Will do 1 more TD of both XL6/Seltos and go ahead with it.
Precisely - this convience is what made me finalize on a 6 seater (and not 7 seater). It's very much underrated.

Purchased from Pratham Nexa in Sarjapura road.
Initially booked from Bimal Nexa Mahavdeapura, but the SA messed up many things and wasted my time, finally cancelled that booking & bought it from Pratham.

Insurance was also purchased from them through Maruthi insurance broking, prices very similar to quotes from other sources. Don't remember which company I chose though.

Btw if you have finalized on XL6, I'd suggest to go for top varient if budget isn't an issue. Ventilated seats have helped a lot when you go to hot/humid climates; don't need it in Bangalore weather though. Also, I've posted a review on accessories in this thread itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
How did you changed this beep to 120. Mine is set to 80 and i am unable to find a way to set it higher.
I was talking about continuous beeps after 120kmph as @Shrek8421 mentioned 👇

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
80 kmph there is a single beep. IMO its fine and an indication of speed.
120 kmph there are continuous beeps. This is highly irritating.

Note that the above is mandated by the government.
vnm008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 15:19   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Precisely - this convience is what made me finalize on a 6 seater (and not 7 seater). It's very much underrated.

Btw if you have finalized on XL6, I'd suggest to go for top varient if budget isn't an issue. Ventilated seats have helped a lot when you go to hot/humid climates;
I am looking at 1 variant below Alpha AT instead of Alpha+ since Ventilated seats are not very important, Alpha the only reason is because of UV Cut glasses and 360 camera.

I plan to do one more TD this week or next and go for it.
m2maddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 18:02   #492
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking at 1 variant below Alpha AT instead of Alpha+ since Ventilated seats are not very important, Alpha the only reason is because of UV Cut glasses and 360 camera.

I plan to do one more TD this week or next and go for it.
If you have the extra couple of lakhs this is the best choice in my opinion. Because this variant has nice features that are not easily available after market. Ventilated seats, leather wrapped steering and seats, UV and IR cut windows, 360 camera. Get good 3d mats because the stock ones are just ok. Get a spoiler too, it looks good.
Old 26th August 2023, 20:57   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
If you have the extra couple of lakhs this is the best choice in my opinion. Because this variant has nice features that are not easily available after market. Ventilated seats, leather wrapped steering and seats, UV and IR cut windows, 360 camera. Get good 3d mats because the stock ones are just ok. Get a spoiler too, it looks good.
UV and IR cut windows, 360 camera is there in Alpha variant, only Ventilated seats and TPMS missing which I don't mind.
Old 26th August 2023, 23:07   #494
BHPian

Quote:
UV and IR cut windows, 360 camera is there in Alpha variant, only Ventilated seats and TPMS missing which I don't mind.
I was talking about alpha over Zeta.
Also tpms is available as good or even better after market.
Old 28th August 2023, 16:02   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Any market information on whether MS are going to further upgrade the XL6?

These could be:
1. Mono/pano sunroof
2. 2 or more airbags
3. Disc brakes at the rear
4. A better or powerful tune of the K15C
6. 6MT gearbox

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks