Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2023, 21:44   #466
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
I was mainly looking for the wireless Android Auto benefit but I have read that it doesnt work too well....
I havn't encountered any problems with wireless AA.
Seems to work well as expected.

My Firmware version is 72SO.04.00

As soon as I upgraded initially it gave some problems but the following fix solved it
It was a mobile fix
Fix : Settings > Apps > Andriod Auto> Storage & Cache > Cleared both
Ensured Developer mode is enabled.

Start up the Car HU and activated AA on the phone for the first time.
It prompts for a quick setup asking to give permissions on the phone to use the AA app.

After this, now it connects seamlessly whenever in the car via wireless mode.
Fillmore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 23:41   #467
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
I was mainly looking for the wireless Android Auto benefit but I have read that it doesnt work too well.
Never had an issue with wireless or wired AA. So far completely seamless.

General Bluetooth sometimes causes issues with my dad's phone (audio switches back to the phone in the middle of the call). Maybe AA stability is also phone specific.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 17:45   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Just completed my first 434 KM highway drive from hills to NCR and happy to report that car performed flawlessly. With consistent speeds of 70-80, I was able to extract a avg FE of 20.67 KM. For sure, a heavy foot drops the FE by big margin.

For sure, the lack of outright power was felt when overtaking slow moving traffic.
Did a 700km round trip on XL6 Alpha AT last week. We were just two of us with weekend luggage. Managed to extract around 17 kmpl on a mix of 30% city, 50% expressway (Cruise set at 90), 20% hills.

It cruises well, as everyone's opinion, is a bit slow to get there but has no problems staying at triple digit speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnm008 View Post
Coming to highways, cruise control around 90-95 kmph used to give around 20.x kmpl and it drops to 19.x at 100-105 kmph. Maximum I've seen is 22.8 kmpl when CC was set at 70-75 kmph on a 15 kms stretch.
This reduced by 1 kmpl post 3rd service - got 19.5 kmpl with CC around 90 kmph; but take it with a pinch of salt as I've done only 1 highway trip post 3rd service.
Tank-to-tank average is around 17.5 kmpl in highways.
Similar views, Saw a FE of 22+ while I was driving alone on the expressway with Cruise set at 75 due to rains. Normal 90-100 driving and the FE stays near 19-20 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I took it to hills (4+2 loaded, with almost no luggage), while it performs ok, its gear shifting becomes a bit too stretched (it revvs without cause!), so manual mode is helpful at tims but at slow speeds manual was not as fast and reactive, so I just let the auto do, whatever it does.
Transition from the 2nd to 3rd is very slow I think, that's where it revs without reason to 3500 rpm before shifting to third. It is more noticeable on the hills. Also the noise filtering in when it revs is comparatively high with no comparative acceleration which adds-up to the slow movement feeling.

Quote:
Never had an issue with wireless or wired AA. So far completely seamless.
I have faced some issues with wireless AA. After an hour or so, AA disconnects while the Bluetooth stays on and is connected. Pressing the AA button from paired devices get the connection up again.
This can be an issue with my phone optimizing android auto app and stopping it while it's idle, but again this happens while the phone is charging too.
I still am to try with another phone on the same vehicle.

Anyone else feels the brakes are a bit too soft and inadequate for the vehicle of this size on the expressway?
carzone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 14:56   #469
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Hey, can anyone assist me with a question about changing the individual captain seats in the XL6 to a bench seat like the one in the international XL7 version?

Since these cars have a similar base, would the attachment points for both the 6-seater and 7-seater versions will be the available?

Any idea how one could get hands on one of those bench seats from the XL7 and install it in the XL6 here in India?

Thanks!
Old 11th August 2023, 13:30   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Hey, can anyone assist me with a question about changing the individual captain seats in the XL6 to a bench seat like the one in the international XL7 version?

Since these cars have a similar base, would the attachment points for both the 6-seater and 7-seater versions will be the available?

Any idea how one could get hands on one of those bench seats from the XL7 and install it in the XL6 here in India?

Thanks!
There are add-on middle seat available which slots in between the captain seats. Check Amazon or local accessories shops.
I am not sure how comfortable would that be since it is in the end, just an add-on and I do not expect a great back support for them.

Please note, RC book I believe states XL6 to be a 6-seater, and not 7. Maybe you can land in trouble if cops stop you traveling with 7 on-board. I would suggest using it as a 6-seater only.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 13:50   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you want a bench seat in the middle row, and not captains - why not simply swap the seat out, with the standard bench seat from the Ertiga? I believe its a plug and play swap, with no changes needed anywhere for the mounting. Or I'm missing something and the XL7 seat has something better to offer? Anything like airbags for example?

I'd suggest not going for aftermarket "seat" additions unless its an OEM part from Suzuki (like Ertiga seats). Its a load carrying part afterall, with someone sitting on it. In case of an accident, a malfunction / displacement or breakage can end up being cause of severe injury to the occupants, instead of the accident. Avoid putting un-tested load bearing items into cars.

Also - like mentioned by @carzone in the post above - while hardly anyone will actually check and notice it (before FC renewal i.e.) - the car will be in violation of the specified carrying capacity on the RC (7 instead of 6). So advisable to get it done on the record eventually.

Last edited by Reinhard : 11th August 2023 at 13:53.
Old 13th August 2023, 08:25   #472
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
There are add-on middle seat available which slots in between the captain seats. Check Amazon or local accessories shops.
I am not sure how comfortable would that be since it is in the end, just an add-on and I do not expect a great back support for them.

Please note, RC book I believe states XL6 to be a 6-seater, and not 7. Maybe you can land in trouble if cops stop you traveling with 7 on-board. I would suggest using it as a 6-seater only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If you want a bench seat in the middle row, and not captains - why not simply swap the seat out, with the standard bench seat from the Ertiga? I believe its a plug and play swap, with no changes needed anywhere for the mounting. Or I'm missing something and the XL7 seat has something better to offer? Anything like airbags for example?

I'd suggest not going for aftermarket "seat" additions unless its an OEM part from Suzuki (like Ertiga seats). Its a load carrying part afterall, with someone sitting on it. In case of an accident, a malfunction / displacement or breakage can end up being cause of severe injury to the occupants, instead of the accident. Avoid putting un-tested load bearing items into cars.

Also - like mentioned by @carzone in the post above - while hardly anyone will actually check and notice it (before FC renewal i.e.) - the car will be in violation of the specified carrying capacity on the RC (7 instead of 6). So advisable to get it done on the record eventually.
Thanks for the advice guys.

This is for someone who was planning to get those add-on seats which I think are not safe at all and not comfortable as well.

Swapping with Ertiga seats is an option but they come with beige finish for the plastic parts. As pointed out this can also be an issue given that the XL6 is labelled as a 6-seater, so I think dropping the plan for now is the best option.

Wonder why Maruti isn't launching a 7-seater version of the XL6 in India. Maybe because it will cannibalize the Ertiga's share if they do so.
Old 13th August 2023, 08:46   #473
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wonder why Maruti isn't launching a 7-seater version of the XL6 in India. Maybe because it will cannibalize the Ertiga's share if they do so.
Maruti isn't doing it because this will make the Nexa/XL6 premium go away as taxi operators will adopt it and then roads will be full of dented/ rattling XL6, pushing private owners away. As of now Maruti is milking both segments!
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 08:59   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti isn't doing it because this will make the Nexa/XL6 premium go away as taxi operators will adopt it and then roads will be full of dented/ rattling XL6, pushing private owners away. As of now Maruti is milking both segments!
I feel Maruti hasn't updated the Ertiga/XL 6 brigade for a long while. I find Carens which so many features is a much better product at the entry level than either Ertiga or XL 6 with more usable space, safety features even with base models. A good sound system, camera can be retrofitted but not safety features.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 10:42   #475
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I feel Maruti hasn't updated the Ertiga/XL 6 brigade for a long while. I find Carens which so many features is a much better product at the entry level than either Ertiga or XL 6 with more usable space, safety features even with base models. A good sound system, camera can be retrofitted but not safety features.
On the contrary, MSIL have upgraded XL6 nicely with a new K15-C engine mated to 6 AT under the hood & 16 Inch wheels. Only fly is its tuned heavily towards FE but nothing that one cannot live with. There is sufficient power on tap for Our Indian highways.

On the inside, Many new features like ventilated seats / wireless android auto / 360 degree camera et all. Off course XL6 is build to a price but still manages to compete nicely with equal offerings. The value it brings on table to immense when compared with competition.
.sushilkumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 12:30   #476
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel Maruti hasn't updated the Ertiga/XL 6 brigade for a long while.
That's not quite true. XL6 has all reasonable features. I have an Alpha+ AT and I don't think I miss anything. Even space-wise, Kia has done well to 'promote' but there is limited practical difference.

XL6 isn't my only car and it does fit well for the role it has for the family.
SLK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 01:32   #477
BHPian

Quote:
I feel Maruti hasn't updated the Ertiga/XL 6 brigade for a long while.
I agree with previous 2 posts by SLK and sushil.

Only safety feature missing in XL6 is curtain airbags. ADAS is more of a hindrance on Indian roads.

XL6 is good for people without a need for speed and optimized well for city as well as highway driving.

In this segment most 6/7 seaters are basically good for only 4/5 people on long drives. Unless you install a roof rack.

I am a very happy Alpha+ AT owner and enjoy going on long drives with 2/4 people.

There is lot of narrative about poor build quality of Maruti vehicles. German cars maybe more robust but Maruti DNA is no more tincan!

Good mileage, good service support with extensive network, affordable spares and Make in India. I rest my case.
drsarao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 19:41   #478
BANNED

I just upgraded the Fogs on my XL6 to Valeo's + OSRAM 50W LED Combo based on suggestion of @Leoshashi. The fogs have added a lot to front and side visibility during nights. Long throw was never a problem in XL6 IMO & with addition of fogs + OSRAM,s, night driving is confidence inspiring now.

Total Cost -
Valeo fogs+19W OSRAM Halogens - 1300 re (Halogens were not used. Stored safely)
OSRAM LED 50 W - 5000.

Had a hard time sourcing valeo fogs as they were out of stock on all online platforms. Finally managed to sourced from authorized dealers in Kashmiri gate While OSRAM were sourced from another shop in same place.

Overall, very much satisfied with upgrade and money spend.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 21st August 2023 at 19:50.
Old 22nd August 2023, 17:34   #479
BHPian

For a family of (me, wifey, 2 year daughter and my mom), looking for a MPV/SUV for 50-50 City/Highway usage.
Following were the requirements
- Need an automatic
- Needs to be SUV/MPV
- Mix of 50-50 city and highway (Plan monthly weekend getaways)
* Oh yes, this city means Banashankari to Marathahalli 3 days a week
- Good enough boot space for weekends and for 5-7 day trips
- Decent mileage expected
- Hassle free and good after sales service
- Planning to keep the car for 10-12 years
- Good suspension and NVH
- Good cabin spaciousness and cooling are important

Any suggestions from the below 3 options, I know Maruti after sales and service is great, but are the premium cars (rather premium charged for these cars) worth the price?

After checking out the cars, I am zeroing in on these 3
- Maruti XL6
- Seltos HTX
- Maruti GV Zeta

Loved the XL6 due to lots of space and suits us family of 4 perfectly.
However, the quality isn't inspire too much confidence.

Seltos cabin is much nicer, supposed to be better built in 2023 variant.
Suspension felt stiff, but this can be tweaked I guess.
Felt more expensive, and the sunroof not sure how it balances the car and the lifespan.

The GV is practically perfect for city, and weekend drives with good mileage and service.
The ground clearance and suspension is very good.
However, cabin is not too wide, and the sunroof shade is so flimsy and transparent.
The cost is also expensive.

My question is GV is 22.5L vs 17.5L for XL6, is the premium worth it?
Old 24th August 2023, 12:32   #480

I had booked the XL6 Alpha Plus AT Dual Tone (Opulent Red with Black roof) on 23rd Apr 2023. After a long wait, received the delivery of the car on 12th Aug 2023. There were multiple reasons:
1. Maruti started focussing on Fronx and Jimny as they were new launches during June / July.
2. Surprisingly, Maruti was anticipating more XL6 orders once the Invicto price was revealed (A sales person explained to me that a 6-7 seater car for 32 Lakhs vs 16 to 18 lakhs - I personally did a test drive of Invicto, thats a car in a different level, be it comfort, driving experience or anything. But then, our public look for mileage in a 30 Lakh car. Maruti knows this market better than everyone of us. Anyway, still can't believe that logic).

Long story short, Maruti did manufacture a lot more of XL6 cars during mid to end July. If someone were to book an XL6 last week, they would have probably received the delivery by now (Blue and Grey colour, Zeta models, if lucky top end too).

I have been driving only within the city and happy so far. I have owned several Maruti models in the past, but this is the first time I chose to take a top end model automatic version. So, this is a kind of transition for me.

So far, am happy with
1. The driving comfort - seat height adjustment, overall view, suspension
2. The captain seats - family is just loving it
3. The AC - little noisy if you have the fan at a higher level, but you do not need that much really (I live in Chennai btw). The high end version comes with the automated climate control. Just too good.
4. Ventilated seats - top class. Again, you need not run this at level 3, running this at level one should be sufficient (with less noise)
5. 360 degree camera - I have a cramped parking space at home with pillars and this feature is god sent. Enjoying it.
6. Build quality - better than all the Maruti cars that I had owned in the past . Slightly heavy doors, bonnet etc (not comparable to Honda cars though)
7. Android auto connectivity - I know plenty of threads here is devoted to this topic. So far, I have not had any issues. Even the touch screen response is not slow as some of you have commented. Probably the latest firmware update may have addressed that.
8. NVH levels - Way too good (compared to other Maruti cars).

I am yet to come to a conclusion on the "underpowered engine" thing. I need to do a long drive - shall post my feedback once I do that.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-my_xl6.jpg  

santhasa is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks