Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2023, 12:01   #451

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdarshi.pali View Post
Could someone please assist me with the XL6 waiting period?

I booked it on April 15th, and after 8 weeks, the sales person informed me that they have yet to receive allocation from Maruti
Well, we just took the delivery of 2023 XL6 MT Alpha+. We also waited around 8 weeks with no allocation. As per the Maruti rep, it was due to less orders for XL6 and Maruti prioritising cars like Fronxx But around few weeks ago, all this changed. We got our car allocated and the rep told that production is now in full swing

On the day of delivery (2 weeks ago) we witnessed the delivery of 2-3 XL6 and 3-4 Grand Vitara's. Production is in full swing. I'd suggest booking in other showrooms too.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd June 2023 at 12:19. Reason: Two smileys/post
ManualMaestro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 12:59   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMaBeer View Post
Well, we just took the delivery of 2023 XL6 MT Alpha+. We also waited around 8 weeks with no allocation. As per the Maruti rep, it was due to less orders for XL6 and Maruti prioritising cars like Fronxx But around few weeks ago, all this changed. We got our car allocated and the rep told that production is now in full swing
Thank you for responding, and congratulations on your XL6.

It appears that the extended XL6 waiting period is real. I just read about this.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...20of%20waiting.
Old 24th June 2023, 19:25   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdarshi.pali View Post
Hi,

Could someone please assist me with the XL6 waiting period?

I booked it on April 15th, and after 8 weeks, the sales person informed me that they have yet to receive allocation from Maruti.

Is this usual, or is Maruti prioritizing other models?

Regards,
Samdarshi Pali
I have booked on 23rd April and still waiting. Your waiting time depends on whether you have booked MT/AT and whether it is single / dual tone. Alpha plus AT takes 10+ weeks as per the latest info from the Maruti TSM.
Old 26th June 2023, 20:43   #454
BANNED

Just completed my first 434 KM highway drive from hills to NCR and happy to report that car performed flawlessly. With consistent speeds of 70-80, I was able to extract a avg FE of 20.67 KM. For sure, a heavy foot drops the FE by big margin.

For sure, the lack of outright power was felt when overtaking slow moving traffic.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 13:28   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
What are the numbers you are getting for avg fuel effeciency?

Is the AC not cooling the car? auto mode or manual?
Before I start, the figures quoted below are from MID, to get actual values reduce around 0.7 from those readings. As per tank-to-tank method, my experience is, the error is between 0.5-0.9kmpl only.

FE:

Before 3rd service, worst city figures were around 7.x kmpl in typical Bangalore city traffic (I'm NOT talking about weekday 9am Marathahalli traffic though &#128540. This increased to around 9.x kmpl post 3rd service. It has been few months since 3rd service, so I guess it'll stay at that range now. A Sunday evening trip from Marathahalli to HSR give around 14 kmpl. So, it varies a lot based on traffic conditions; tank-to-tank average in city is around 10-12 kmpl.

Coming to highways, cruise control around 90-95 kmph used to give around 20.x kmpl and it drops to 19.x at 100-105 kmph. Maximum I've seen is 22.8 kmpl when CC was set at 70-75 kmph on a 15 kms stretch.
This reduced by 1 kmpl post 3rd service - got 19.5 kmpl with CC around 90 kmph; but take it with a pinch of salt as I've done only 1 highway trip post 3rd service.
Tank-to-tank average is around 17.5 kmpl in highways.

To give more context, I don't drive conservatively to extract maximum mileage, at the same time I don't have a constant heavy foot. I drive with a heavy foot when traffic is higher (highways). Most of the highway rides are through KA-TN-KL.
AC is always on and tyre pressure (cold) is maintained between 200-225kpa.
During 3rd service oil was changed to Castrol 5w30.

AC performance is pretty good, no complaints there; infact this dual AC setup with ventilated seats is the best I've experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsarao View Post
This error can be eliminated totally.

You need to push the gear shift release button (under the knob) ONLY when:
1. Moving out of / or into P.
2. Moving into R or M.

Hope this helps.
I believe you have posted this before also; read it within few days of taking delivery of the car. And it was very (stressing again "very") helpful 😇
Later noticed that the same is mentioned in user manual as well.
vnm008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 19:22   #456
BANNED

How is the XL6 for solo driving or max 2 people ?

Is the rear bouncy / jumpy eg - on highway undulations, cruising at 90?
- On city small speed breakers, broken patches ?

Is the automatic slow / laggy for overtakes at city speeds (normal driving, neither sedate nor racing)?

Haven’t been able to get a test drive, Despite visiting many dealers.
Old 28th June 2023, 19:44   #457
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
How is the XL6 for solo driving or max 2 people ?

Is the rear bouncy / jumpy eg - on highway undulations, cruising at 90?
- On city small speed breakers, broken patches ?

Is the automatic slow / laggy for overtakes at city speeds (normal driving, neither sedate nor racing)?

Haven’t been able to get a test drive, Despite visiting many dealers.
Test drive extensively, every person has a different view. I've had no issues with single driving - I drive Delhi-Manesar frequently.
On the performance:
1) the car does not feel fast, but actually its not that slow too.
2) The auto box is ok, its not as sorted as VW DSG, but its ok.
3) Sometimes when driving in some hurry, pedal shifters come in handy.

I took it to hills (4+2 loaded, with almost no luggage), while it performs ok, its gear shifting becomes a bit too stretched (it revvs without cause!), so manual mode is helpful at tims but at slow speeds manual was not as fast and reactive, so I just let the auto do, whatever it does.

PS: My other daily drivers include 1.2 and 1.8TSI, at least I'm very comfortable to adapt to the XL6. The Kids always want to go in the XL6.
SLK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 11:10   #458
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I took it to hills (4+2 loaded, with almost no luggage), while it performs ok, its gear shifting becomes a bit too stretched (it revvs without cause!), so manual mode is helpful at tims but at slow speeds manual was not as fast and reactive, so I just let the auto do, whatever it does.
Spot on observation about hills wrt to un unnecessary revs.

I typically avoid engaging "M" mode on normal inclines where i can maintain momentum but at times we do have inner village 8 -9 wide feet roads with steep inclines just after a sharp turn which means there is no momentum. I Just engage M mode in 2nd gear and let the rev build till 2200-2300 RPM. It just climbs up with gentle throttle inputs & zero fuss. No point in revving beyond that.

Have anyone managed to add a Boot light for their XL6.. It's a Long car and boot light is solely missed during night.

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2023 at 18:40. Reason: Merging back to back posts
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 11:07   #459
BHPian

Hey guys,

I've recently purchased XL6 Zeta CNG. In the digital instrument panel, i am unable to see instant fuel economy and average fuel economy. Am I missing something? Does it take certain kilometres of driving to populate the results? My car is just at 75 kms odo.

Thanks in advance

Sabareesh
Old 12th July 2023, 12:53   #460
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Does it take certain kilometres of driving to populate the results? My car is just at 75 kms odo.
Try driving on Petrol.
SLK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 03:06   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Hey guys,

I've recently purchased XL6 Zeta CNG. In the digital instrument panel, i am unable to see instant fuel economy and average fuel economy. Am I missing something? Does it take certain kilometres of driving to populate the results? My car is just at 75 kms odo.

Thanks in advance

Sabareesh
From what I ember it does not show instant mileage for CNG. I don't own a CNG one so I could be wrong..
abhishekjoshi84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 15:05   #462
BHPian

Hello there,

I booked an XL6 Zeta AT despite having an Ertiga booking, for the following reasons:
Name:  Screenshot from 20230717 150319.png
Views: 791
Size:  38.6 KB

Karnataka road tax is soul-crushingly high.
Also the AT price increase comes to 1.86L when compared to the manual. Thats way too high.

1. XL6 looks much much better and is substantially different from the "cab"-like Ertiga
2. The larger wheels and different suspension setup give it just a little more comfort (subjective)
3. Black interiors with kids around.
4. Premium Nexa experience. Quicker delivery 6 months vs 2 months, priority service etc
5. Captain seats for my passengers to sit in comfort
6. Tilt and telescopic steering
7. DRLs all around and not much exterior mods needed except for a spoiler

What I will miss out on:
1. Actual 7 seats. (I will be adding a baby seat to the XL6 but without a seatbelt it will not be safe on the highway)
2. Smartplay pro wireless android auto
3. Auto headlamps
4. Auto folding mirrors
5. Flat folding second row

Opted for splendid silver as the nexa blue looks nice but its too dark and my fear is it will absorb too much heat in Indian summers. Also the lighter silver accentuates the smoked rear tail lamps much better.

Any accessories do you guys recommend? This is what I have come up so far.

Name:  Screenshot from 20230717 150050.png
Views: 815
Size:  67.1 KB

Last edited by Shrek8421 : 17th July 2023 at 15:07.
Old 17th July 2023, 15:43   #463
BANNED

Quote:
What I will miss out on:
4. Auto folding mirrors
Congratulations on XL6 . Road tax is indeed soul crushing in KA. Day light legal robbery IMO. I just paid less than 1/4th of that here.

Mirrors do not auto fold with ignition in Zeta but one just need to press a button & they auto fold themselves. Its a small inconvenience but one gets used to as you drive more.

Quote:
Any accessories do you guys recommend? This is what I have come up so far.

Attachment 2476975
A) The rain visors are not of good quality in Nexa IMO. The chrome on mine started peeling off in 3 months . Had to use quick fix. Ask them to use good quality double sided tape.
B)Before adding rear camera, do check on the quality of camera resolution & whether it support guidelines or not. I was given option for one but it was without guidelines so choose otherwise instead. If it support guidelines & is with good resolution, Pls do share the Part number.
C) what is in Car care Kit.

As for smart play goes, you will not miss much of pro with android auto.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 17th July 2023 at 15:45.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 16:25   #464
BHPian

Thanks so much for the prompt reply.
Attached the latest manual for XL6 accessories for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Congratulations on XL6 . Road tax is indeed soul crushing in KA. Day light legal robbery IMO. I just paid less than 1/4th of that here.

Mirrors do not auto fold with ignition in Zeta but one just need to press a button & they auto fold themselves. Its a small inconvenience but one gets used to as you drive more.
I agree and that was my rationale as well. I am manually folding my Ritz mirrors now anyway. So a button is still an improvement in convenience.

Quote:
A) The rain visors are not of good quality in Nexa IMO. The chrome on mine started peeling off in 3 months . Had to use quick fix. Ask them to use good quality double sided tape.
There are 2 in the brochure. I am asking for the one with the steel inserts as opposed to the chrome ones.
Name:  Screenshot from 20230717 161758.png
Views: 807
Size:  142.2 KB

Quote:
B)Before adding rear camera, do check on the quality of camera resolution & whether it support guidelines or not. I was given option for one but it was without guidelines so choose otherwise instead. If it support guidelines & is with good resolution, Pls do share the Part number.
Thanks for this. I am not sure about the guidelines. This is one i selected: https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m72s21-020

According to this video it comes with guidelines:

Quote:
C) what is in Car care Kit.
This one: https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m999h2-860

Quote:
As for smart play goes, you will not miss much of pro with android auto.
I was mainly looking for the wireless Android Auto benefit but I have read that it doesnt work too well. I even asked for an upgrade but they denied for obvious reasons.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf The All-New XL6-accessories-brochure.pdf (1.36 MB, 663 views)

Last edited by Shrek8421 : 17th July 2023 at 16:28.
Shrek8421 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 17:49   #465
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks so much for the prompt reply.

Thanks for this. I am not sure about the guidelines. This is one i selected: https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m72s21-020

According to this video it comes with guidelines: https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=8rMJCDJAwsY

This one: https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m999h2-860

I was mainly looking for the wireless Android Auto benefit but I have read that it doesnt work too well. I even asked for an upgrade but they denied for obvious reasons.
For camera, Just check it post install or accessory guy should be able to confirm. The One offered to me was for some 3500 re and he clearly told me abut absence of guidelines. The quoted video do shows guidelines but the presenter quoted a price of re 3790. As for install goes, It is a simple plug & play with everything already available. If still guide lines do not appear, you will need to enable them in HU Settings.

As for Android auto goes, Call me old fashioned but I prefer wired ones as it is assumed to be reliable. Anyways, one need to plug phone for charging so you still need wire.

Quote:
As for car care kit goes, i will Avoid it. There are better products available with better value for money. Head over to detailing thread.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 17th July 2023 at 18:00.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks