Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2022, 14:32   #91
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Mg Zs ev 2022 has LFP chemistry as per this official circular.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-6f89460c208c4b56925ab0b38181c834.jpeg  

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 2nd June 2022 at 14:34. Reason: Wasn’t able to quote
XRoader_001 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:05   #92
BHPian

Nice review @NT56. Can you tell me how you got the radio to stop playing when started? I have the same White ZS and am loving it. I just hope they will make ADAS an upgradable option sometime in the future.
dsvikki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 17:53   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Is there a circular for other EVs like Nexon.
LFP means one can always fast charge at 1C and deplete the battery to 10% SOC, charge back to 100% with no loss in battery life and is a much safer chemistry.

The same cannot be said to Kona and other EV vehicles from Kia and hyundai which use Lipo battery one of the most unsafe chemistry and shorter cycle life.

Last edited by aim120 : 2nd June 2022 at 17:54.
Old 2nd June 2022, 19:14   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
This is interesting

The GVW for Excite and Exclusive are the same so it could put an end to the rumors of a smaller battery

Also, 3 entries for exclusive stand for 3 colors and only one entry for excite which could mean that excite would come in just 1 color option?
ankitsingh7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 10:56   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvikki View Post
Can you tell me how you got the radio to stop playing when started?
Go to radio and switch to DRM (AM/FM/DRM). It's a bad workaround but works for me because I don't listen to radio and I don't have to repeat this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvikki View Post
I just hope they will make ADAS an upgradable option sometime in the future.

My SA told me there is no wiring for ADAS hardware in the car. But these folks are not very knowledgeable so can't rely on everything they say.
NT56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:00   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT56 View Post
My SA told me there is no wiring for ADAS hardware in the car.
Still makes me scratch my head as to why did they give the front radar. I remember someone on youtube taking off the radar cover to show the hardware. Can you confirm that its the case with the final delivery version as well? it would be awesome if they could give me front collision warning and avoidance, I dont even care about the adaptive cruise control

Last edited by ankitsingh7 : 3rd June 2022 at 11:02. Reason: Incomplete sentence
Old 5th June 2022, 21:09   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
The pattern on the front will be tricky but since I’m in the detailing business myself, it’ll be a fun little experiment.
Called a bunch of detailing outlets today here in NCR. Either they don’t have experience with the ZS EV or are saying that they will stick to ceramic coating for the front. I feel that defeats the whole purpose.
Old 5th June 2022, 22:42   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
Called a bunch of detailing outlets today here in NCR. Either they don’t have experience with the ZS EV or are saying that they will stick to ceramic coating for the front. I feel that defeats the whole purpose.
Tbh, I don't blame them. It'll probably be an expensive and difficult experiment without a guaranteed result since it might lead to a lot of wastage. I wouldn't do it on a customer's car until I manage to do it on my own car and it lasts for a while. It's a very complicated pattern after all. Too many ridges are tough for PPF. One option would be to make incisions around the deep edges of each of those ridges in the pattern. It might work but look shabby depending on the quality of work. Let's hope I can manage to figure it out.
Old 6th June 2022, 21:03   #99
BHPian

Quote:
So all the waitlists are broken down based on color. There is a system that your RM’s manager will have access to that will get you the answer. Mine is 2nd in the black color queue. I am not sure if this waitlist is showroom specific because 2 different showrooms gave me the same answer.
Thank you so much for this info! I managed to grill my RM about the color queue. He was shocked that I knew about it and told me he'd call me back. I was informed that I was number 3 in the national queue for the black color. He said that there is an order in Hyderabad but he's been unsure if he wants to make the purchase or not now.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 11:08   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Thank you so much for this info!
Haha! Glad I could help. Mine says 2nd, still dont know if its national. what was your booking date?

BTW, took your advice and I will be going for a complete ceramic coating instead.
Old 8th June 2022, 08:34   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkantha View Post
How you will know your queue details ?
Sorry I missed this. I was getting the car through a company lease. I was asked to call the lease company contact who sits in Faridabad, he told me about the queue. When I asked my RM, he had no clue. I kept on pushing and finally he directed me to his superior. He told me about the system where they can see the queue and told me of my status. You could do the same. Just ask them about the queue and if your RM cannot answer, ask him for his supervisor’s contact.

Last edited by ankitsingh7 : 8th June 2022 at 08:34. Reason: Grammar mistake
Old 8th June 2022, 10:39   #102

Quote:
Sorry I missed this. I was getting the car through a company lease. I was asked to call the lease company contact who sits in Faridabad, he told me about the queue. When I asked my RM, he had no clue. I kept on pushing and finally he directed me to his superior. He told me about the system where they can see the queue and told me of my status. You could do the same. Just ask them about the queue and if your RM cannot answer, ask him for his supervisor’s contact.
Sure, thanks will follow up
Old 9th June 2022, 14:20   #103
BHPian

Can we use the air conditioning in the car in the MG ZS EV while you put it on charging be it slow or fast?
Old 9th June 2022, 16:38   #104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Can we use the air conditioning in the car in the MG ZS EV while you put it on charging be it slow or fast?
It shouldn't be a problem in any EV but if the battery is really low on charge then it probably will not run air con.
Generally car air conditioner pulls around 1.3kw of power and around 3kw of initial start up power. If the air conditioner compressor has a BLDC or PMDC motor then it will not have the inrush current. ( just like your household inverter AC).

So hypothetically, if you have a 3kw charger then only 1.7kw will be available for charging with remaining power being used to run the air conditioner (assuming the compressor as a rated power consumption of 1.3kw and is at its max power consumption).

Last edited by aim120 : 9th June 2022 at 16:40.
Old 9th June 2022, 17:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Generally car air conditioner pulls around 1.3kw of power and around 3kw of initial start up power. If the air conditioner compressor has a BLDC or PMDC motor then it will not have the inrush current. ( just like your household inverter AC).
So, during the startup all the power from charger is supplied to the AC? Or do you think both the battery and charger help the AC to start?

Thanks for your insights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks