Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2023, 17:13   #76
BANNED

Re: Tata Altroz DCA Review | 1.2L Petrol Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
According to Autocar's review , it has Creep mode and Hill hold, it should not roll back on moderate inclines.

. If you coast and come to a stop on an incline without the brake (can happen if it's steep enough of its a speed bump etc) hill hold will not activate because the vehicle does not know what the driver intent to do.
-- Trying quote replies via mobile. Hopefully there is no issue with the attempt.

I checked the same with another model and it behaves the same. You halt at a red signal with brakes applied. Now, if it there is slight incline which can make the roll, the vehicle will definitely roll a bit. And from then, I stopped venturing such and proceed with hand brake applied. I'm at service center and as per them, it's as expected and asked to see another customer car which I declined.
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 17:47   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsniranjan View Post
Agree, I hadn't tried it on the first drive as I did not want my kid to learn a new trick ! I took a separate test drive and tested this out and yes, the doors did seem to unlock when the unlock button was pressed with the car at decent speeds. I did not attempt to see if the door really opens ! I do think this feature is a significant risk with the kid around.
The unlock button sends a command to unlock and doors unlock for a second. Then the system detects the car is in motion which should be above 20kmph and then locks it immediately.
I don't think any kid can press the unlock button and pull the door handles in a jiffy unless on a QA testing mission.

All said and done, I didn't like that doors unlock immediately on turning off the engine or pulling the driver side handle. Why should all doors be opened when driver side only has necessity?
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 22:29   #78
BANNED

I have an observation with my AC blower left side next to the steering wheel.
The air flow is leader than the other vents and still im unable to set the flow of air which blows on to my face.
Are there any reported issues on Altroz AC here or outside ?
Cooling of car seems unimpacted though.
Old 19th March 2023, 14:42   #79
BHPian

Hi all,
Anyone testdriven ALTROZ DCA 2023? Curious on any updates on performance or NVH.
Old 19th March 2023, 23:11   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Hi all,
Anyone testdriven ALTROZ DCA 2023? Curious on any updates on performance or NVH.
Hi,
I did test drive it, with the RDE update they have worked on reducing the clatter also start stop is standard across variant. I drove both altroz and punch with updated engines and they are super quite unlike older version or any 3 cylinder engine. One more observation was punch (didn't check altroz engine bay) doesnt come with the engine cover and all the components are exposed, extra care to be taken during washing.
PreethamNag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 00:49   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreethamNag View Post
Hi,
I did test drive it, with the RDE update they have worked on reducing the clatter also start stop is standard across variant. I drove both altroz and punch with updated engines and they are super quite unlike older version or any 3 cylinder engine. One more observation was punch (didn't check altroz engine bay) doesnt come with the engine cover and all the components are exposed, extra care to be taken during washing.
Thanks for the observations. What about DCA ? No review available online too.
Old 20th March 2023, 09:05   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Thanks for the observations. What about DCA ? No review available online too.
Couldn't drive the DCA variant with updated engine due to availability but same updates are available on DCA variants also, dispatches have started already is what the dealership informed.
PreethamNag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 20:39   #83
BHPian

I have a test drive scheduled for DCA tomorrow. Will share reviews post that
Abeer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 10:43   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I have a test drive scheduled for DCA tomorrow. Will share reviews post that
Have you taken DCA test drive? If yes, please update your experience. Online reviewers have found out that NVH has come down drastically. How does it compare to Baleno/i-20 now NVH wise?

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 21:13   #85
BHPian

Dear Team BHP ians,

I've made a booking for Tata Altroz XZA+ DCA in Royal Blue colour. Expecting delivery in another 10 days. Already started a thread in the Assembly Line with guidance from GTO. Will try to cover everything related to my purchase and share the long term term reviews as well.

In search for the accessories. Below are my choices with links, where applicable. Kindly give feedback on the same and suggest alternatives where required.

Accessories:

Since i've chosen the XZA+ variant, there is no much scope for accessories. Here is the list of the accessories i opted for:
  • 7D premium mats - INR 7,843/-
  • 3D Trunk mat - INR 3,014/-
  • Mud Flaps - INR 911/-
  • Scuff Plate LED (Front two doors only) - INR 3,586/- - Not interested in this costly one, as it covers only front 2 doors. No protection for rear
  • Body side molding - INR 3,264/-
  • Door Visor - INR 3,276/-
  • Door Edge guards - Free (as i jokingly asked for discount)
  • Body cover - INR 2,329
  • Premium Ceramic Coating + Under Chassis treatment + Engine coating + Silencer coating - INR 25,000/-
Toal sum - INR 24,623/-
Discount - INR 5,000/- (for instant booking made)
Showroom discount - 10%
Premium Ceramic Coating + Under Chassis treatment + Engine coating + Silencer coating - INR 25,000/-
Total amount: INR 42,660/-

Kindly advise if any other things need to be included from the dealership. Also suggest some useful accessories which will make sense in long term

I've thought of the following:
  • Door Sill/Foot Step Stainless Steel Plates Set of 4 for for Tata Altroz - INR 899/- (from Amazon)
  • Keyzone® Striped Silicone Key Cover Compatible for Tata Nexon, Harrier, Altroz, Tigor BS6, Punch, Safari 2021, Safari Gold 4 Button Smart Key (Blue with Blue Striped Keychain) - INR 549/- (from Amazon)
  • FABTEC Car Bumper Scratch Guard Strong & Durable Bumper Protector/Bumper Guard Compatible with All Cars (Carbon Style) (Black, Set of 4) | Polyvinyl Chloride - INR 279/- (from Amazon)
  • Kelenate® (Red) 20Pcs Strong Reflective Arrow Decals for Car High-Intensity Night Visibility Diamond Grade Reflective Stickers Safety Warning Waterproof Compatible with Altroz - INR 245/- (from Amazon)
  • US1984 Car High Intensity Reflective Sticker Warning Safety Reflector Strips Universal Car Truck Bumper Reflective Stickers 5 pcs set - 90x3.5 cm (Red) - INR 359/- (from Amazon)
  • FOVERA Orthopedic Memory Foam Coccyx Seat Cushion for Tailbone, Sciatica, Lower Back Pain Relief - Contoured Cushion for Office/Home Chair, Wheelchair (L-Above 80Kg Weight, Mesh Black, Pack of 1) - INR 1,249/- (from Amazon)
  • ShineXPro Microfiber Car Cleaning Cloth - OG Soft 500 GSM Extra Large (35x75 CM) Microfiber Cloth for Car and Bike - Suede Edging for Scratchless Drying and Detailing (Pack of 2) - INR 498/- (from Amazon)
  • HSR Car Accessories in 10PCS/1Set Car Wiper Detergent Effervescent Tablets Washer Auto Windshield Cleaner Glass Wash Cleaning Tablets - INR 159/- (from Amazon)
  • Jopasu Car Duster Combo - INR 985/- (from Amazon)
  • ROYAGO Cotton Universal Car Seat Belt Strap Pad for Adults and Children, Helps Protect Your Neck and Shoulder (Black) - 2 Pack - INR 407/- (from Amazon)
  • Careflection Car Door Reflective Warning Sticker (Red), Plastic - INR 189/- (from Amazon)
  • Petrol Sticker for Car Fuel Tank, self Adhesive Vinyl and Reflective Sticker(13cm X 12cm) - INR 98/- (from Amazon)
  • Automaze U Shape Edge Trim Rubber Strip Seal Protector Car Door Edge Guards for Most Cars (16 ft/5 m, Black) - INR 499/- (from Amazon)
  • 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam, 2.7K, ADAS, Built-in GPS Logger, Route Recorder, App Playback & Share, Optional Parking Monitoring - INR 11,299/- (from Amazon)

Optional after sometime:
  • Allextreme EXFTCOT1 Universal PU Leather Auto Car Seat Back Organizer with Foldable Dining Table Tray, Multipocket Storage Tablet, Bottle and Tissue Paper Holder (Tan) - INR 682/- (from Amazon)
  • STHIRA® Car Mesh Organizer 3-Layer, Dog Net Between Car Seats,Barrier Backseat Mesh Net for Cars &Trunk, Upgraded Car Netting Bag,Driver Storage Netting Pouch,Automotive Seat Back Organizers (3-Layer) - INR 599/- (from Amazon)
  • EYUVAA LABEL Polyester Tetron Car Trunk Organizer, Backseat Hanging Car Dikki With 8 Close Pockets, 4 Net Pockets, Super Capacity For Daily Car Necessities For All Suvs, Van, Hatchback Cars (Black) - INR 569/- (from Amazon)
  • 4 Pack Car Knee Cushion Pad, Car Armrest Cushion, Auto Center Console Side Knee Leg Elbow Cushion Soft Pad, Elastic Thigh Support Comfort Pillow Knee Pain Relief Leaning Pad Car Interior Accessories - INR 1099/- (from Amazon)

The Unexplainable price difference in accessories at Dealer end

Chose the following accessories through Tata Dealer - Rudra Motors. Sharing the price difference from Tata's official website pricing data in their brochure.

Tata Altroz DCA Review | 1.2L Petrol Automatic-accessories-price-difference.jpg

No explanation available from dealer.

Tata Motors reply for the query in Twitter is below:

Tata Altroz DCA Review | 1.2L Petrol Automatic-tata-motors-twitter-handle-reply.jpeg

Still i'm planning to write to Tata Motors at their email with the available details. Similar confusion is there with respect to their variant classification in website to brochure.
Old 27th May 2023, 04:47   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssathiyanarayan View Post
I've made a booking for Tata Altroz XZA+ DCA in Royal Blue colour. Expecting delivery in another 10 days. Already started a thread in the Assembly Line with guidance from GTO. Will try to cover everything related to my purchase and share the long term term reviews as well.
Congratulations on your new car. Wish you a quick delivery & happy miles ahead.

As for the accessories from the showroom - my personal advise would be -
  1. Do not opt for any side body moldings and corner protectors. These don't help much - and really take away the beautiful looks of the Altroz, by quite a bit - especially on the striking shades like blue & red. More often than not - the accessories folks - paste them rather misaligned or at places where they provide no protection at all. Total eyesore that is also very tiring to get rid of, later. I had recently spent good 2 hours in just removing bumper corner protectors on my Polo that were installed by the 1st owner.
  2. Also - the 7D mats are available at better rates elsewhere. Same is the case with body-cover. Quite well made water proof ones are also available in the market. Check them out. Showroom accessories are prohibitively costly. Check out MotorBasket.com for reference or price-points. Nearly 8k for floor mats is insane at showroom. I'm not associated with Motorbasket but am a regular customer, and so are quite a few of my friends and family. Experience is good. And - they ship to Pune. I am using body cover, 7D mats procured from here since a long time.
  3. Tata's OEM mud-flaps and 3D boot mat are really good - you may go ahead with those.
  4. Engine coating & silencer coating - is absolute sham. I'd suggest you use that money for something else. I see no utility value of it whatsoever.
  5. Underbody coat - the cars come from factory with anti-rust coat on the underbody already. So its not a necessity. That said - you can get the 3M/Wurth underbody coat treatment from outside. Its not bad - and given its thick properties - may usually lead to slight outside sound damping too at speeds.
  6. Ceramic coating - there are professional joints with expertise in detailing and body coatings. Especially in Pune - the options are endless. I'd suggest checking them out. Showroom vendor wouldn't be my personal first preference to be honest. (That said - in a city like ours manifested with reckless 2 wheelers, auto-rikshaws, public buses and what not - do not expect huge protection by this coating IMO. It will only help a bit against minor swipes by kids in the parking or hand-wash swirl marks maybe. Thats about it. It will not offer much protection in "street-experiences"). It does give a shine to the car, especially in metallic shades, no doubt about that. Just be sure of what you are expecting from the treatment. It will not be an armour against all the unguided missiles on our streets.

Definitely get a dash-cam. Nice that its already in your list. As for the rest - I'd recommend buying them after you start using the car, over time. Based on needs. Don't go big-bang and buy it all in one go. More often than not - some of them aren't really needed.

Last edited by Reinhard : 27th May 2023 at 05:04.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 08:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations on your new car. Wish you a quick delivery & happy miles ahead.
Thanks a lot Reinhard. Can you suggest some good detailer in pune who can do this kind of works professionally and with best outcomes. Thanks in advance.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th May 2023 at 11:33.
Old 27th May 2023, 10:22   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Reinhard. Can you suggest some good detailer in pune who can do this kind of works professionally and with best outcomes. Thanks in advance.
You can check with -
GlossWerkz

AquaTint
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 10:49   #89
BHPian

Quote:
I've made a booking for Tata Altroz XZA+ DCA in Royal Blue colour. Expecting delivery in another 10 days.
Did you hear anything about the updated variants? My friend is going to book an Altroz DCA in a couple of days and it’s a new variant with a sunroof, XZA+S. But they don’t have the updated prices yet.

Tata Altroz DCA Review | 1.2L Petrol Automatic-0a7b0ce277484a5e8355153b3832d388.jpeg

Last edited by robincsamuel : 27th May 2023 at 10:55. Reason: Attached new variant info
Old 27th May 2023, 10:56   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Did you hear anything about the updated variants? My friend is going to book an Altroz DCA in a couple of days and it’s a new variant with a sunroof, XZA+S. But they don’t have the updated prices yet.
Hi Robincsamuel,

There is no details available as such at dealership end. It's appearing in brochure of Tata Altroz from Tata Official website. But there is no pricing details as such in their website as well. I trust, Tata is planning to launch these variants with Tata Altroz Racer edition. There won't be a sunroof in Tata Altroz DCA, otherwise the Racer edition would loose It's exclusivity status. My opinion, take it with a pinch of salt. I may go wrong as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks