Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2024, 09:21   #556
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
A friend is opting for Baleno AMT alpha variant in Bangalore. What accessories should we be installing on car? Thanks in advance for your inputs.
As a fellow member mentioned below, mud flaps and floor mats should suffice.

When it comes to fitting accessories in a brand new car, I hold a very different view from the others.

Do not install any accessories as soon as you get your car delivery. Not even seat covers. Run it as it was delivered till the first service, say 1000 or 2000 Kms and it might take a month or so.

During that running in period, the initial one or two months of ownership, observe what are the features that you are missing in the car. It could be anything. You could observe that you need a dash cam, or if you have children at home and if they eat in the car, you might notice that the possibility of the car seats getting stained /soiled increase and you might need a seat cover, you might need a auto adjusting IRVM as you could find the headlight glare too much in IRVM etc.

Once you notice the requirements, as per your driving needs, then during the first service go for company fitted accessories or off-market accessories as you deem fit.

I have noticed that every new car buyer jumps and adds Fog Lamps in his car. Many man never use the fog lamps owing to the good weather conditions in their region, but they nevertheless get fog lamps fitted. I find such fitment unnecessary and wasteful expenditure. Get what you really need in your car and avoid fitting accessories for social validation or following the crowd.

The Baleno Alpha AMT is the top variant with all the bells and whistles. You pay a hefty price for the same. I suggest you get the mudflap and floor mats and nothing more. I drove a 2004 Tata Indica DLA V2 for 18 years (sold in 2022) where I got the seat covers installed after 6-7 years of ownership as the stock seats started looking old and showing age. It was just fine with stock seats. There wasn't any problem with them.

Think about it. Never jump in the accessories bandwagon for no other apparent reason other than "Everyone is doing it, Let me as well get some accessories fitted". Take your time, see how it goes. You can always get the accessories fitted anytime later. Enjoy your car and take the extra accessories fitment easy and slow. Do not hurry.

Last edited by ashkamath : 8th September 2024 at 09:27.
ashkamath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2024, 04:41   #557
BHPian

Hi,

My Oct '23 Baleno AGS has done 7200 km so far. More than a month to go for the third free service. The city mileage has dropped to 10-11 kmpl in recent months compared to 12.5 kmpl that I got initially. Used mostly in peak hour office commutes lasting one hour or more. I always fill up with regular Shell petrol. The engine oil has become very dark and thick.

I'm considering an engine oil change along with an early third free service. Any thoughts on the mileage? Whether to switch to semi-synthetic or synthetic oil? The service advisors recommend 5w40 synthetic Castrol.

Last edited by CBlazer : 15th September 2024 at 04:44.
Old 15th September 2024, 09:26   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Hi,

My Oct '23 Baleno AGS has done 7200 km so far. More than a month to go for the third free service. The city mileage has dropped to 10-11 kmpl in recent months compared to 12.5 kmpl that I got initially. Used mostly in peak hour office commutes lasting one hour or more. I always fill up with regular Shell petrol. The engine oil has become very dark and thick.

I'm considering an engine oil change along with an early third free service. Any thoughts on the mileage? Whether to switch to semi-synthetic or synthetic oil? The service advisors recommend 5w40 synthetic Castrol.
Please check your owners manual it will have the recommended grade mentioned. There will be several grades mentioned, best is the one which is marked as "recommended". The second best options will be mentioned in the list as well and you could use those. Carry the manual with you during the service and strictly request the service advisors to use the grade mentioned.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 07:05   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Please check your owners manual it will have the recommended grade mentioned. There will be several grades mentioned, best is the one which is marked as "recommended". The second best options will be mentioned in the list as well and you could use those. Carry the manual with you during the service and strictly request the service advisors to use the grade mentioned.
I checked with different MASS centers. They are all pushing for 5w-40 synthetic oil whereas the manual only recommends 0w-16. They say Maruti approves either grade for the car.
Old 20th September 2024, 08:45   #560
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
I checked with different MASS centers. They are all pushing for 5w-40 synthetic oil whereas the manual only recommends 0w-16. They say Maruti approves either grade for the car.
Buy the oil and filter from Puneeth of Essaarr and take it to RNS Motors in Bommanahalli and ask them to service the car.
Better for you. The good thing is that all Maruti and Nexa service centres use the same software so your records will be clear.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 10:18   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The thicker oil will make the engine response sluggish as MASS had crammed 0w40 down my Swift's throat for quite some time. The recommended grade for my car is 0W20 as 1st option while the second best is 5w30.
I changed the oil outside MASS to 0W20 once my warranty got over and now have a smooth drive.

Best you carry your own oil especially which is Maruti approved brand eg Ecstar and take it to the service station. Check with the service station beforehand as they will do drama as they will lose revenue on oil.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 20th September 2024 at 10:19.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2024, 08:09   #562

Quote:
Whether to switch to semi-synthetic or synthetic oil? The service advisors recommend 5w40 synthetic Castrol.
Always stick to the grade mentioned in the user manual of your vehicle. For the new generation Baleno MS has specified three viscosity grades 0w-16 for India, 5w30 and 0w20 for countries except India. You can select any of these three grades.

You can switch to fully synthetic oil, but using a different viscosity won't be a good idea. 0w-16 oil is specially designed for the BS6 vehicles, and it is a very thin oil, almost as thin as water. Using thicker oil will put pressure on the oil pump, can cause wear in the engine components, and also lead to sluggish performance of the vehicle.

On my 4th service, I switched to Total Quartz 9000 0W16, its a fully synthetic oil. The car feels smoother compared to the earlier Ecstar engine oil which was from Idemitsu.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-image.jpg  

balpha is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks