Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2023, 01:25   #376
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Hi Folks

A couple of questions to the new age Baleno owners. If anyone could confirm, that will really be helpful.
  1. The front windscreen wiper has only one speed as opposed to three speed settings that we can choose from. Is this correct?
  2. In the infotainment system, after a phone is paired and I'm playing music (FM, for instance), if I receive a call, the music still keeps playing while the call is answered (i.e., music doesn't 'pause'). Is this the case?

Thanks in advance.
Turboturtle
Old 7th January 2023, 14:18   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
A couple of questions to the new age Baleno owners.
There are 3 speeds, intermittent, low and high plus a mist option to use the wiper temporarily till the lever is pushed up.

The music volume is muted when you get a call. However when using reverse the volume reduces a bit.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 15:12   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
There are 3 speeds, intermittent, low and high plus a mist option to use the wiper temporarily till the lever is pushed up.

The music volume is muted when you get a call. However when using reverse the volume reduces a bit.
Thanks Scarlet_Rider for your feedback. I've booked an Alpha AGS (delivery date as yet unknown - was quoted a 14 week waiting period). I'd read somewhere on these 2 problems, so wanted some clarity. Thanks again.

Drive Safe
TurboTurtle
turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 18:22   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthsm View Post
I found this online on a Youtube video, the version number on the software seems to be different for Glanza and Baleno, hence, I assume that the update has to come from Toyota for Glanza users.

This is a picture of software version on a Glanza
I managed to update my Glanza from the following website and can confirm that the wireless AA is working perfectly fine. The steps mentioned are all same as in the previously mentioned tutorial for Baleno, just need to replace the software version as per the Glanza's.

https://www.global-infotainment-syst...ate/index.html
arunkh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 23:45   #380
BHPian

I recently bought Baleno AGS. Does the AGS system take time to settle?
The jerkiness of gear change is more evident than my cousin's 4 year celerio AMT.
Old 14th January 2023, 19:14   #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkh View Post
I managed to update my Glanza from the following website and can confirm that the wireless AA is working perfectly fine. The steps mentioned are all same as in the previously mentioned tutorial for Baleno, just need to replace the software version as per the Glanza's.

https://www.global-infotainment-syst...ate/index.html
Thanks Bro for the Info.I updated my system in Glanza.
Sambz2291 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 23:23   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
Wireless Android auto like you said isn't there and the hearsay is that it will come with OTA. I won't get my hopes up for that. The wired Android auto keeps getting disconnected and I've used multiple cables
. Even ordered some new ones.. My SA says he will get it throughly checked during service.
Is your frequent disconnect issue resolved? I'm facing the same issue on my Toyota Glanza
Old 16th January 2023, 23:41   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Is your frequent disconnect issue resolved? I'm facing the same issue on my Toyota Glanza
I shifted to wireless Android auto via MA 01 adapter and it's a breeze to connect. I haven't updated the system to get the wireless without the adapter as I'm not sure if it will work with my Android 10 phone.

I suggest you get the OTA update and shift to wireless for trouble free connection.
Gupts007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 16:12   #384
BHPian

Hello, while engaging reverse in AGS, I hear a cracking sound every time. Is this normal? I bought the car recently and is 3 weeks old.
Old 18th January 2023, 16:16   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesharo View Post
Hello, while engaging reverse in AGS, I hear a cracking sound every time. Is this normal? I bought the car recently and is 3 weeks old.
This sound is native to the reverse gear in AMT/AGS transmission and is present in swift as well. It is even more prominent during cold start. It never created any mechanical issue during my 3 years of ownership of the vehicle.

One advise to all AMT/AGS owners, try not to leave the vehicle in D or R, when the vehicle is parked.

Last edited by TSEA : 18th January 2023 at 16:19.
TSEA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 12:21   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post

One advise to all AMT/AGS owners, try not to leave the vehicle in D or R, when the vehicle is parked.
Can you please explain why so? with parking in N and only with handbrake on, it stresses me out.
Old 23rd January 2023, 15:27   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
Can you please explain why so? with parking in N and only with handbrake on, it stresses me out.
The reason is that most folks have the habit of switching off the car --> And then push the gear lever to 1st or Reverse. In AMT, if we follow the same ritual, the gear lever will show D or R, but the vehicle will be in N
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 10:38   #388
BHPian

Installed Auto dimming IRVM in my 2022 Zeta. This was the feature I was missing the most as the IRVM is mounted so low that even low beams of tall vehicles would be an irritant.

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-img0835.jpg

Referred to LEOSHASHI's thread on the same and got the part numbers. Ordered the parts (4 items in total including the mirror, the replacement wiring kit and 2 covers) and had MASS do the replacement. Total cost came to around Rs.4,400/-.

After setting up, the microphone did not work. First we thought the new wiring harness was defective, but comparing with the original one revealed a different pin layout for the mic. So used the old harness to only connect the mic.

Last edited by mi2n : 24th January 2023 at 10:39.
mi2n is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 17:50   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Installed Auto dimming IRVM in my 2022 Zeta. This was the feature I was missing the most as the IRVM is mounted so low that even low beams of tall vehicles would be an irritant.
That's a much needed upgrade Can you please share the link to the post ? I Can refer the same and do the upgrade on my Baleno as well
Old 26th January 2023, 04:00   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing View Post
Can you please share the link to the post?
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5091884

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks