Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2022, 18:57   #316

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Is there a way to connect to Android Auto wirelessly? In the Alpha console, there seems to be an option to connect the phone wirelessly through "Smartplay Pro Sync" which uses wifi to connect to the phone but I always get an error on my phone stating that the wifi password (shown on the console) is incorrect.
Old 7th October 2022, 12:15   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardshock View Post
Is there a way to connect to Android Auto wirelessly? In the Alpha console, there seems to be an option to connect the phone wirelessly through "Smartplay Pro Sync" which uses wifi to connect to the phone but I always get an error on my phone stating that the wifi password (shown on the console) is incorrect.
Nope there isn't a way to connect Android Auto wirelessly. At the time of sale the SA's (who can't be trusted obviously) had said that at some point later Maruti will unlock it in an OTA update.
Old 7th October 2022, 13:25   #318
BHPian

Quote:
I have the old 2017 model and able to connect wireless via Bluetooth. This works for call, music (both Android and Iphone) but does not work for Maps. Try to connect via Bluetooth.
Old 10th October 2022, 19:24   #319

HUD control buttons stopped working abruptly immediately after applying the sun film for the windshield. I believe it is due to water seeping in to the buttons. On the first day of the incident, the adjustment buttons did not work at all but the HUD on/off button was working intermittently (the HUD itself was fine though thankfully). Now even that stopped working.

I hoped that the water would dry out in a couple of days but it is the third day today and none of those buttons work.

Planning on going to the accessory guy, get the film removed and then take it to the Nexa service center.
Old 10th October 2022, 19:26   #320

Doesn't Maruti provide warranty cards for tires and battery similar to other car manufacturers? I've not received any and the SA is feigning ignorance.
Old 12th October 2022, 12:03   #321
BHPian

I have booked Delta AGS. The car will be driven primarily in city (within NCR).

1. I intend to keep the car for ~10 years, what is the long term reliability of AGS?
2. How is the drive within the city? From the reviews on Youtube, I see that the AMT unit has been improved but nowhere close to CVT/TC.
Would be thankful if the current AGS owners can share their driving experience.
Old 13th October 2022, 08:08   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesharo View Post
I have booked Delta AGS. The car will be driven primarily in city (within NCR).

1. I intend to keep the car for ~10 years, what is the long term reliability of AGS?
2. How is the drive within the city? From the reviews on Youtube, I see that the AMT unit has been improved but nowhere close to CVT/TC.
Would be thankful if the current AGS owners can share their driving experience.
Hi,
1) The celerio amt was launched in India in 2014 which if I am right is the first amt from Maruti. It’s yet to complete 10 year period. So 10 year long term reliability is not yet proven. However multiple expert reviews in this forum have stated that the current generation Baleno ags is vastly improved from the first gen celerio amt from Maruti.
2) Being an alpha ags owner currently driving in hectic Mumbai traffic, here is my experience:
a) It does the city run about pretty decently provided the throttle input is gentle.
b) I’ve driven with 5 people and a kid and there was no power lag felt in the city runaround.
c) However, I’ve observed clutch slipping ( transmission overheat alarm) two times in a moderate hilly terrain after a ride of around 40-45 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic. I’m yet to understand the reason for the same ie if it’s because of me pushing the A pedal too much than needed.
d) I haven’t done any long highway trips to comment on its highway capabilities.
Hope this helps.
Arun Babu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 10:13   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun Babu View Post
Hi,
1) The celerio amt was launched in India in 2014 which if I am right is the first amt from Maruti. It’s yet to complete 10 year period. So 10 year long term reliability is not yet proven. However multiple expert reviews in this forum have stated that the current generation Baleno ags is vastly improved from the first gen celerio amt from Maruti.
2) Being an alpha ags owner currently driving in hectic Mumbai traffic, here is my experience:
a) It does the city run about pretty decently provided the throttle input is gentle.
b) I’ve driven with 5 people and a kid and there was no power lag felt in the city runaround.
c) However, I’ve observed clutch slipping ( transmission overheat alarm) two times in a moderate hilly terrain after a ride of around 40-45 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic. I’m yet to understand the reason for the same ie if it’s because of me pushing the A pedal too much than needed.
d) I haven’t done any long highway trips to comment on its highway capabilities.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the feedback.
Although my running is low and I have no problem with MT, but keeping in mind the long ownership and the ease of AT, I am inclining towards buying the AGS version.
Will TD the AGS version again to check if I can live with the AMT.
lokesharo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 06:21   #324

Hi

I am driving an Baleno AGS AMT, took delivery in April 2022.

Looks great, interior is good. Space is a big advantage.

I bought this as, Bangalore Traffic situation is worse now, AMT is good for city ride. 360 degree Camera helps a lot in city.

I have done few highway as well, but it is tiring on highways as the pickup is not same as 100% Automatic.
But, fuel economy on highway is great. I have got 24+ kilometers. Best was 27+ Kms on one of the trips.

As of today car has done 11750+ kilometers, challanges I face are:

1. Auto on Off system curse in B2B traffic- Switch off auto on off in bumper to bumper traffic. There is less stress on engine.

2. AC is poor - Always park car in shade- AC takes lot of time to cool.

3. HUD - use it only in long rides - it is of no use in city drive.

4. PICKUP: It is not an issue in the city, manages well.

Major issue after third service:
Bumpy ride - Now after 3rd service, vehicle is not stable, even on small pothole vehicle is bumpy- planning to take it for detailed check up.

Suzuki Service is bad now, they are not able to manage the volume at service centers. New vehicles are pushed out without proper check.

Siggestion: All those who are buying a new car, please test drive all the available cars in your budget. Sometimes this may help in getting the right vehicle. Cars are getting extremely expensive now..
Ram35 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 06:34   #325

Hi Mr. Abhishek

Srikanth from Vizag.
Just got the new Baleno in the Alpha trim and looking for a good cover. Was browsing the forum and came upon your post.

Is it still available. What is the final price including shipping to Visakhapatnam - 531011.

Cant DM because I dont have the posts.

BR
Srikanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
As few in this forum following this thread might have noticed, I had booked the Baleno 2022 Alpha pre launch but due to the immense delay of the delivery, we moved to the Renault Kiger 2022. Meanwhile, I had already ordered a TPH Pilot 777 cover for it and which is unopened and lying out here with me. If anyone in Bangalore wants it, I am willing to give it at quite a good price.

https://www.tphcovers.com/products/c...022/index.html

It's priced at 14499/- (13,247/- after discount) on their website. Open to 50% discount Home delivered anywhere in Bangalore. I can vouch for their quality. My car and bike are covered by similar products from TPH.

PM if interested.

Mods : Please feel free to delete if it does not fit the thread.
jyo.gapps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 08:52   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyo.gapps View Post
Hi Mr. Abhishek

Srikanth from Vizag.
Just got the new Baleno in the Alpha trim and looking for a good cover. Was browsing the forum and came upon your post.

Is it still available. What is the final price including shipping to Visakhapatnam - 531011.

Cant DM because I dont have the posts.

BR
Srikanth
Apologies but it got useful to another tbhpian. It's no longer with me.
Old 18th October 2022, 13:29   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram35 View Post
Hi

I am driving an Baleno AGS AMT, took delivery in April 2022.

Looks great, interior is good. Space is a big advantage.

I bought this as, Bangalore Traffic situation is worse now, AMT is good for city ride.

Can you please share your views on the driving aspect with respect to the AMT in traffic and highways? Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 15:03   #328

Hi

The driving is smooth and easy to drive. It is AGS and there will always be a lag.

In traffic it is easy to drive as there is no clutch, but mileage is between 15 and 17 KMPL. Banglore traffic, the average speed is 12 to 13 KMPH, car is always in 2nd gear.

Highways - it is good for short distances only, max 300 KMS. Overtaking has to be planned. But the mileage is great 24+ KMPL in car dispaly. I have done 600 kms in 31.5 Ltrs, with two adult and one child.

Manul overide, mileage drops by 20%. Depends on one's driving style.

It is a good city car with lot of space. 4 adults +1 kid.

Breaking at high speed, one has to be cautious. I have not done above 120, it takes time to reach to 120. Good stability and under control, between 80-100 KMPH speed.

I would suggest, look at i20 and Altroz, if you do more of highway.
Ram35 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 22:15   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram35 View Post
I would suggest, look at i20 and Altroz, if you do more of highway.
I have see many reviews of i20 1.2L (P) to be a little underpowered compared to Baleno. Is it so ? which car do you feel is a better product overall for a mix of City and highway ?
Old 19th October 2022, 23:19   #330

Quote:
I have not tried to connect Andriod Auto in wireless, this is new to me.

I use the cable for both Android Auto and Apple car play.

Nowhere in the maual it says, Android Auto will work in wireless.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks