Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2023, 10:20   #1321

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
05-23 means that it is manufactured in fifth week of 2023. Tyres are labelled as this only.
Hi, attaching the pic of the sticker. It's above the left front tyre, on the body part.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-pxl_20230524_080831923.jpg  

Old 25th May 2023, 12:51   #1322
BHPian

I am facing frequent disconnect on my wired Android Auto. Every time there is an uneven patch, it disconnects. Initially I thought it could be the wire. I changed the wired but still no luck. Suggestions please.
Old 25th May 2023, 13:01   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar_ka03_mp04 View Post
Hi, attaching the pic of the sticker. It's above the left front tyre, on the body part.
Ah.. this sticker. This is for their internal reference. Pay no attention to this.

VIN should be enough. You are getting a really fresh piece for all intents and purposes. Another way to check would be if the car is E20 compliant. If these two check out, + the car has single digit mileage, ignore what the dealer has been saying. They change their story every minute, they are pathological liars, you will lose your mind trying to get to the bottom of things.
ashivas89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 18:13   #1324

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
Ah.. this sticker. This is for their internal reference. Pay no attention to this.

VIN should be enough. You are getting a really fresh piece for all intents and purposes. Another way to check would be if the car is E20 compliant. If these two check out, + the car has single digit mileage, ignore what the dealer has been saying. They change their story every minute, they are pathological liars, you will lose your mind trying to get to the bottom of things.
Sure, I think the mileage was 35kms on the ODO so should be fine to let it go I suppose. Thanks for your help.
Old 26th May 2023, 19:55   #1325

Hi guys,
I was wondering if there’s any way to get the Slavia 2022 digital instrument cluster upgraded to the one being offered in the newer models (the one which shows the RPM in a linear fashion below)
The service station says the parts are different but I feel only a software update should suffice
Old 26th May 2023, 21:41   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crueltable15 View Post
The service station says the parts are different but I feel only a software update should suffice
You can get it coded.
You can also get many other features unlocked.
Check out drcodemyvag on instagram for an idea.
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 12:25   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatvamasi View Post
I am planning to buy Slavia Ambition 1.5 MT for the feel of better connectedness with the car and also save about 1.3 Lacs by not opting for DSG.)
I moved from Venti DSG to Slavia 1.5 MT and I must tell you the experience is very good. If your drive is too much within city limits, 1.5 will be an overkill. 1.0 is enough. It will take the Himalayan roads with absolute no problems. You just need to get used to the initial turbo lag.

For highways the manual 1.5 is a dream machine in my personal experience. You will fall in love with downshift rev matching in this car. The DSG cannot give you this feel.
samsristi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 00:46   #1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsristi View Post
I moved from Venti DSG to Slavia 1.5 MT and I must tell you the experience is very good. If your drive is too much within city limits, 1.5 will be an overkill. 1.0 is enough. It will take the Himalayan roads with absolute no problems. You just need to get used to the initial turbo lag.

For highways the manual 1.5 is a dream machine in my personal experience. You will fall in love with downshift rev matching in this car. The DSG cannot give you this feel.
Thanks for sharing your experience. How’s the clutch? Hard/Soft? I have heard that it has long travel. Is it easy to get used to or is it a problem.
Old 29th May 2023, 09:05   #1329
BHPian

I'm thinking of using an injector cleaning fuel additives for my Slavia 1.0 AT once in a while. Any recommendation for the frequency at which I should do this ? Any recommended brand ? I'm thinking of STP.
I'm aware that carbon build up on the intake valve in these TSI engines cannot be addressed by fuel additives, but trying to keep the injectors in good shape at least. Does anyone know if the regular yearly service includes injector cleaning ?

Last edited by Game_of_Roads : 29th May 2023 at 09:06.
Old 29th May 2023, 09:43   #1330
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a couple of fully loaded Slavias on a highway trip yesterday; one was white and the other the blue. The somewhat ungainly raised height was negated by them being packed with passengers and luggage (I'm guessing),

Looked fabulous I must say, and easily a match visually at least to the last-gen Octavia 1.8.
Old 29th May 2023, 11:03   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatvamasi View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. How’s the clutch? Hard/Soft? I have heard that it has long travel. Is it easy to get used to or is it a problem.
The clutch travel though long it's very soft. I have clocked 22k and did not face any knee pain. I got used to in a day. The clutch bite is very prominent. You don't have to search when it is getting engaged at the time of release. I would suggest you test drive 1.0 Manual. That should be available
samsristi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 23:43   #1332
BHPian

Anyone in Bangalore got PUC done for Slavia, I visited two centers and the vehicle is not listed in the database.
Old 30th May 2023, 19:57   #1333
BHPian

Hi All,

Need some advice , I've booked a 1.5 DSG and expecting delivery this Friday. I expected the car to come with either Goodyear or CEAT tyres and my plan was to get them swapped with UC6 within 2 days from Delivery at Madhus. However today when I went for PDI I noticed the car had MRF ECOTRED which I have never heard of before.

Below is the link for the tyres

https://www.mrftyres.com/products/tyres/994

I'm now confused if I should give them a shot or stick to my original plan of having them swapped with UC6.
Old 30th May 2023, 20:30   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
Need some advice ,I'm now confused if I should give them a shot or stick to my original plan of having them swapped with UC6.
None of the 3 (Goodyear, Ceat or MRF) that you have mentioned can be as good as the UC6. I got the Ceat Secura drive as stock Tyres & I can say that they are okayish types. As you have already budgeted for a tyre upgrade, I suggest you go for it. One of my friends upgraded to Vredestein Ultrac's 195/55/16 for his Honda City. Have driven it for quite some distance during a trip & it surely is a damn good set. For Slavia, you get the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti in stock specs (205/55/R16) which should marginally be even better than the Ultrac's.

Last edited by Torque123 : 30th May 2023 at 20:33.
Old 30th May 2023, 21:26   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
None of the 3 (Goodyear, Ceat or MRF) that you have mentioned can be as good as the UC6. I got the Ceat Secura drive as stock Tyres & I can say that they are okayish types. As you have already budgeted for a tyre upgrade, I suggest you go for it. One of my friends upgraded to Vredestein Ultrac's 195/55/16 for his Honda City. Have driven it for quite some distance during a trip & it surely is a damn good set. For Slavia, you get the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti in stock specs (205/55/R16) which should marginally be even better than the Ultrac's.
Thank You for the much needed nudge

My vento is currently running on UC6 since a year & hence it was my default choice. I will be reaching to Madhu's tomorrow to set a date for Swap , will check if Vredestein's are available at a reasonable difference else UC6 it will be. Once again thank you for the input
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks