Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2023, 12:47   #1081
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
This is what I do.
====
All my earlier cars are manual & they don't have an equivalent of P mode so wondering what's the right thing to do here.
The moment you take the hand brake, the pressure gets applied to the pawl when your car is at inclined position. To avoid that you need to ensure you have brakes applied at all times until you move from P to D. So if you are releasing you hand brake, make sure your foot break is already applied.Then you can move the gear without stressing it out.
samsristi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 12:49   #1082
BHPian

I have a question wireless charger. Does it support all brands or specific ones? Does anyone have a list which I can refer to? I have a Vivo which does not charge right from the beginning.. However when I tested Virtus, it did work
Thanks in advance
Old 23rd January 2023, 17:14   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsristi View Post
I have a question wireless charger. Does it support all brands or specific ones? Does anyone have a list which I can refer to? I have a Vivo which does not charge right from the beginning.. However when I tested Virtus, it did work
Thanks in advance
I just checked the owner's manual. It provides a link that provides a list of compatible devices for the infotainment system. Not sure this covers a wireless charger also but good to have a look.

https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/mob...atibility-list
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 17:46   #1084

Re: Year End Upgrade 1 / Lowering Springs on the Slavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Installed Cobra Suspension Lowering Springs prototypes yesterday. Letting the photographs talk.
Manveet, the lowered stance looks stunning. I remember seeing this on IG and thinking, "this is exactly how stock should have looked". Do let us know how the handling performance is at high speed?

Also, the post mentions 35-45 mm drop in ground clearance. That brings GC to way lower than Rapid (which is the minimum level I can go to, considering road conditions). Have you been facing issues maneuvering around in our roads?

Thanks in advance. Cheers!
vj196 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 19:02   #1085
BHPian

I recently booked a November'22 Slavia Ambition 1.0 AT and came back to my hostel.

My dad who is a loss assessor for motor insurance happened to be at the skoda stockyard today. He asked for my allotted car's VIN and the car happened to be there.

So when dad started it, the EPC, ECU, Cruise Control lights continued to be there. So the person at Skoda (who knows dad professionally) said that the lights can be removed during PDI.

Skoda Slavia Review-image0.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-image1.jpeg

Is this okay? Or the lights shouldn't have been there at the first place?

Please let me know as I'm stuck here.

Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th February 2023 at 16:17. Reason: As requested
Old 4th February 2023, 19:12   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.aviansh View Post
I recently booked a November'22 Slavia Ambition 1.0 AT and came back to my hostel.

My dad who is a loss assessor for motor insurance happened to be at the skoda stockyard today. He asked for my allotted car's VIN and the car happened to be there.

So when dad started it, the EPC, ECU, Cruise Control lights continued to be there. So the person at Skoda (who knows dad professionally) said that the lights can be removed during PDI.

Is this okay? Or the lights shouldn't have been there at the first place?

Please let me know as I'm stuck here.

Thanks.
The car is in transportation mode, due to that you have all those symbols, manufacturers put the transportation mode to limit the speed and some other features of the car during transportation. After the car is alloted to a customer and is ready for delivery, the mode is removed. Nothing to be worried about.
yesyeswe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 20:29   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian

If anyone wantsto hardwire a dashcam or any other accessory to run only when Ignition is ON, you can select an empty fuse slot marked here and use a mini fuse tap to extract power from here:

Skoda Slavia Review-75759e2d394f443fb9fee42f9659e0d5.jpeg

Have been using it for the dashcam. The fuse box can be easily accessed by opening the driver side storage compartment.
audioholic is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 08:50   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The tyre upgrade was worth it. Took the car to a highway run finally since I was in Germany for a few days and the steering and grip at high speeds have increased by a good margin both due to the steering mod as well the tyres itself.
Your car looks lovely. Interesting to hear about the tyre upgrade. Was it a better brand with the same spec or did you upsize? I feel 215s would be great on the Slavia, but considering that it's a 6J rim, I'm apprehensive about a size increase.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 12:21   #1089
Distinguished - BHPian

Long time, no update from my side - Means all is well
I finished 7500kms on the Odo in eight months of owning the Slavia. Thats in line with my expectation considering I do not commute to work daily and most of my highway runs also make use of our Crysta. That said, I got a chance to take out the Slavia for a 1000km drive to the west cost between Kundapura and Udupi with a ghat run both ways and a mix of great to non existent roads. Had a blast with the car throughout.

The car lets you munch miles with no strain both on itself and the driver. Both ways, I could do 450kms with one break on non expressway roads and attended an evening function without breaking a sweat. Spent two days in the middle roaming around beaches. At no point of time do you have to push the accelerator hard or revv the car high. It just picks up speed graciously and passes through everything and anything that comes on the way. Ride is very settled and everyone who rides in the car compliments how comfortable the ride is at high speeds and how well the speeds are masked by the car. The car is very quiet even after crossing 100 and you can enjoy a calm conversation.

AC worked flawlessly even in the coastal heat and could cool a baked car within 3mins of running. Only after which I realised that the AC was still in Normal mode. Aggressive mode is even better. Though there is an AC fix announced, I will wait until they roll it out to quite a few cars. For me this configuration works well.

Tyres and steering response:
After the tyre change and steering mod, steering is excellent and weighs up very well. Before this, there was a need to do slight corrections on the steering on highway due to its lightness. But now thats history. Steering is as precise as any other German car at all speeds. Have hit a few potholes hard and there is no issue with bulging or cuts.

Braking: I had explained earlier that the Goodyears used to squeal under moderate-hard braking and the rear would lose track. With the Vredesteins that issue is resolved and I had two incidents where I had to do hard braking so far in the last 5k kms with the tyres and they have held composure well and grip very well on tarmac.

Traction issue: Only issue I have observed with these tyres is that on lose surfaces the traction is poor, thanks to the tarmac oriented tread pattern. So on muddy roads it tends up locking for a brief while which is the same with my Crysta as well.

The car got stuck on a pit of sand by the side of a road where I had asked a friend to stop while I was shooting a video and that royally swallowed the car. He didnt notice that there was sand since next to it there was another car parked which was on solid soil. Of course the tyres had no fault here since the sand was too loose and maybe only off road tyres would have helped. It was post sunset by the time I got back to the car and with windows rolled up, I tried reversing back to the road and there was no movement. Realised that both the tyres got bogged down in the sand and the car was resting on the suspension bed Nothing worked like shovelling the sand around the wheels and packing it with stones.

Called Skoda RSA thinking if they can send me a recovery truck but they would take time. A Bhpian friend already had despatched help from nearby with an SUV and a tow rope. However, few helpful locals appeared out of nowhere with a thick rope meant to anchor boats. However they did not have any tractor or other heavy vehicle and instead told me we would take help from a vehicle passing by. There was a Nexon that came with a family and due to an element of surprise they agreed to help. With a slight tug from the Nexon the car got back traction and in two seconds was back on its power. Profusely thanked the couple and the locals and continued to drive with everything in order.

Noted to myself to get carried away again and also to drive by myself all the time to take better call of the surroundings. Thankfully no damages incurred and car was recovered systematically with the tow hook connected on both cars and a slow pull instead of trying to accelerate hard.

All is well that ends well. Even after wiggling out the wheels stuck in the sand, alignment hasnt taken a hit and there is no underbody damage.

Skoda Slavia Review-capture.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-capture2.jpg

Replaced the 3M vinyl on the roof with a glossy black PPF, which gets rid of the orange peel present on the 3M vinyl and now gives a paint like appearance.
Skoda Slavia Review-capture3.jpg

Back to the car, the return journey was through Agumbe ghats and here I switched off AC, rolled down the windows and switched to manual mode - Not because of power but to listen to the turbo spool up every second during the climb. Thats just too sweet to listen to along with the DSG shifts and the clatter that come along with it and it climbed up the ghats blissfully. Ensured to keep a tab on oil temp and not let the auto start stop trigger during this just to keep the turbo healthy.

After the ghats and after reaching Hassan, the car went back to flight mode and reached Bengaluru in no time. 80 in this car feels SLOW and 120 in this car feels like 80 in the Crysta.

The headlights perform decently for a stock setup.
Skoda Slavia Review-img_5003.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_5005.jpg

Back to home and VCDS, I had not enabled any window or horn related features until now, but ended up enabling driver side window automation namely window close and open via remote, and also automatic roll up of driver window while locking. Since both these are now configurable via the infotainment, I can turn it off when needed without access to VCDS.

Also enabled accoustic confirmation only on lock and not unlock since I prefer it that way(due to obvious reasons, I dont need to be told I have unlocked the car since I anyway would open the door)

Skoda Slavia Review-img_5153.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_5154.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
Your car looks lovely. Interesting to hear about the tyre upgrade. Was it a better brand with the same spec or did you upsize? I feel 215s would be great on the Slavia, but considering that it's a 6J rim, I'm apprehensive about a size increase.
Yes I was not sure if it really needed a width increase and hence with the stock size itself. Even with that, the tyres already look pretty fatter than the rims. Hence I am not sure if 215 can fit on this rim comfortably. I am very happy with the tyres and have no complaints.

Last edited by audioholic : 5th February 2023 at 12:25.
audioholic is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 17:46   #1090
BHPian

Hey. I'm looking forward to upgrade the alloys of my <100 km run Slavia Ambition to the ones on a Slavia Style in Delhi NCR or Indore MP.

Willing to EXCHANGE my stock alloys and pay the remaining amount.

Any leads ?

Thanks.
Old 7th February 2023, 13:31   #1091
BHPian

Hi all!

I want some opinion/information on idle RPM. I have Slavia 1.0 MT and on cold start, the idle RPM is above 1200. Within a minute of idling it drops down to 1000 and remains same even after 1-2 minutes of further idling. I watched a YouTube video recently about VW cars wherein it was told that idle RPM of these cars are set at around 800. The Youtuber even claimed that this is the lowest idle RPM if you compare with other cars and VW’s engine is designed specifically to maintain this low idle rpm to conserve fuel.

I would like to know if 1000 rpm at idle in my car means there’s something wrong, perhaps due to carbon deposits that requires cleaning or lubrication somewhere. Other Slavia owners please share your car’s idle rpm figures or tell me what is the “ideal” idle rpm for 1.0 engine.
I’m attaching relevant images below for reference.

Skoda Slavia Review-8991f2e93d8d4adc906a3f41fb19081c.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-b34d3995c3ef4f16818f7f1a363aef37.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-164b008838a245ff8afd80c6f23338e8.jpeg

Any help would be appreciated. I am new to all this so forgive any terminology/conceptual mistakes. Thanks!

Last edited by neochanger : 7th February 2023 at 13:33.
Old 7th February 2023, 14:22   #1092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neochanger View Post
I have Slavia 1.0 MT and on cold start, the idle RPM is above 1200. Within a minute of idling it drops down to 1000 and remains same even after 1-2 minutes of further idling.
This is normal. Idle speed depends on various factors and is never fixed. During cold start, idle speed is high based on coolant temperature and reduces as engine warms up. After that, idle speed is commanded by various factors such as AC Compressor turning on or off, transmission gear position, battery state of charge and so. It is not increased because of any maintenance factors such as throttle body or intake valve etc.

Quote:
I watched a YouTube video recently about VW cars wherein it was told that idle RPM of these cars are set at around 800. The Youtuber even claimed that this is the lowest idle RPM if you compare with other cars and VW’s engine is designed specifically to maintain this low idle rpm to conserve fuel.
Dont believe the junk you find on Youtube. My SX4 had an idle RPM without AC at 650 RPM. It is common across petrol engines or diesel engines especially four cylinders to have a 'no load' idle speed of 650-800 RPM.

In my 1.5 DSG, no load idle speed is 750-800 RPM and if AC is turned on it increases to 950RPM or so when the engine is warmed.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 22:16   #1093
BHPian

Is there any chance of the Slavia getting 6 airbags as standard anytime soon?
Ambition model fits my needs but I don't want to regret it if 6 airbags are made available this year as standard.

At the same time, the I think the base model Kushaq with 2 airbags scored 5 stars..

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 7th February 2023 at 22:20.
Old 8th February 2023, 17:54   #1094
BHPian

Just wanted to know how do the Slavia owners open the boot for security checks at mall entrance etc, specially with the engine running. Turning off the engine means compromising with the AC, music system, headlights etc. I presume most security guards wouldn't know where to insert the finger for opening the same?

Old 8th February 2023, 18:27   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Just wanted to know how do the Slavia owners open the boot for security checks at mall entrance etc, specially with the engine running. Turning off the engine means compromising with the AC, music system, headlights etc. I presume most security guards wouldn't know where to insert the finger for opening the same?

Most of the guards do. Some don't. Its the same in my Creta. There is no separate boot lever. I just unlock the doors ( with the engine running ) and the guards open the boot without much issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks