Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2024, 23:36   #2206
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi sir,

Thank you for the response. I used the car the following day and the gear lever selector button felt normal.

But what I did to avoid using the button excessively was put the lever in N at signals/halts in traffic as opposed to P which I used to use earlier. Also it felt fine all through the day.

Again when I reached home at night the button started to feel resistant/hard to press/stuck when I parked.

Spoke to the service advisor that attended to my car during the 15k kms. He asked me to bring the car over and they can check and if required replace it under warranty. I am yet to take the car though will do it in a couple of weeks.
Sir,
Once I had that issue, I went to the ASC and got their senior most technician to test it. He drove roughly 5-6 kms and concluded that there is nothing wrong. Apart from the mild tightness in the switch, the car as such is performing as normal. I also feel the severe heat is to he blamed for such small niggles. Hope we both have non issues and things stay smooth always.
Let us know what was told to you at the ASC.
Thank you
Happy Motoring
navinkamath4657 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 15:24   #2207
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Car is still in the run-in period. I have covered about 240 odd kilometres on the highways near Kolkata in the last couple days after getting PPF done for the bumpers. Attaching a few random pictures.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_0810.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_0839.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_0841.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_0909.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_1081.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_1099.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_1106.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_1110.jpeg
TheHelix0202 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 16:36   #2208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Car is still in the run-in period. I have covered about 240 odd kilometres on the highways near Kolkata in the last couple days.
Congrats again! Looks smashing!

This will feel like an upgrade to Rapid in every way (Rapid was a great car to begin with).

Beach trip when?
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 21:51   #2209
BHPian

Front parking sensors are now available as a part of official accessories from Skoda India.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-20240626_214742.jpg  

NA-driver is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 22:19   #2210
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-driver View Post
Front parking sensors are now available as a part of official accessories from Skoda India.
Useful IMHO. Dad was bringing up the lack of these just the other day. Might look into it, along with those under body lights, whatever that means.
Old 27th June 2024, 00:54   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-driver View Post
Welcome move. I think front parking sensors are much needed, and 7300 for a set of four sensors, including installation charges, seems to be reasonable. It looks like they will be available in SC after 45 days.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_5912.jpeg

Source:https://x.com/MallikarjunaNH/status/1805910876840661017
TurboTorque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 02:03   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Do you put on the emergency brakes before slotting it in P mode for very short durations? If not you shouldn't it be putting it in P mode for short durations. P mode without brakes applied, either emergency or brakes pedal, puts the entire load of vehicle on the transmission. For very short durations say 10-15 seconds, I let it be in D mode and use the brake pedal. For longer stops, I use emergency brakes with N. For Parking, first put it in N then the emergency brakes and then put the car in P model. Refer to the video below.
Hi amit1agarwal,

Indeed I have been following the same since the beginning always engage parking brake before slotting in P even in stop go traffic. While parking for long durations I put the car in N, remove my foot the brake to ensure the car is in N and then parking brake is engaged folllowed by slotting into P.

I just feel the button gave up early on my car, maybe the spring is bad, it has been working normally for the past couple of days. Will monitor and also check with ASC if this can be replaced under warranty for peace of mind.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 10:12   #2213
BHPian

The front parking sensors are a welcome addition.

Is it going to be just a beep to indicate proximity to an object or a different integration? Considering the rear sensors work in tandem with the reverse cam on the Ambition plus variant.

Unsure about the price, but as long as it keeps the warranty intact it makes sense!
Old 27th June 2024, 16:38   #2214
Senior - BHPian

Any Slavia owner in/near NCR wishing to sell their wheels, please do DM me. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-skodaslaviawheel3.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 09:18   #2215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTorque View Post
Welcome move. I think front parking sensors are much needed, and 7300 for a set of four sensors, including installation charges, seems to be reasonable. It looks like they will be available in SC after 45 days.
Was it confirmed by SC that 7300 rupees for the front parking sensor covers installation too?
Old 28th June 2024, 09:21   #2216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
Is it going to be just a beep to indicate proximity to an object or a different integration? Considering the rear sensors work in tandem with the reverse cam on the Ambition plus variant.
Its a very basic and crude aftermarket accessory they are offering instead of offering the OEM Optical parking system that used to come earlier and on the higher end models. Whats also bad is that they have a crude switch to turn it off or on like some 1990s car. Hence I would recommend staying away from such accessories and probably wait for some retrofit parking system from the OEM parts bin itself. That will look and work more professionally.

Plagiarism by Skoda for their parking sensor flyer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTorque View Post
I think thats the image of my car I shot which they have used as the top down image. Link to original post and image here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5489626 (Skoda Slavia Review)

Last edited by audioholic : 28th June 2024 at 09:29.
audioholic is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 09:49   #2217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Plagiarism by Skoda for their parking sensor flyer:
I think thats the image of my car I shot which they have used as the top down image. Link to original post and image here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5489626 (Skoda Slavia Review)
Well spotted, and not cool on the part of Skoda's graphics team. A tweet at the Skoda corporate handle might work wonders.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 13:16   #2218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Was it confirmed by SC that 7300 rupees for the front parking sensor covers installation too?
The person who posted this info on Twitter has checked with the SC, and they confirmed that prices are inclusive of installation. I tweeted him to confirm the same. Please check his reply below.

Name:  Screenshot 20240628 at 1.06.458239PM.png
Views: 35
Size:  64.3 KB

Source:https://x.com/MallikarjunaNH/status/1805910876840661017
TurboTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 13:41   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Do you put on the emergency brakes before slotting it in P mode for very short durations? If not you shouldn't it be putting it in P mode for short durations. P mode without brakes applied, either emergency or brakes pedal, puts the entire load of vehicle on the transmission.
Quote:
Hi amit1agarwal,

Indeed I have been following the same since the beginning always engage parking brake before slotting in P even in stop go traffic. While parking for long durations I put the car in N, remove my foot the brake to ensure the car is in N and then parking brake is engaged folllowed by slotting into P.
This issue is not there with cars having EPB as the electric brake is auto engaged once the gear lever is moved to P. Skoda should give EPB at least on top variants.
Also, better to get the part changed when under warranty.
Old 28th June 2024, 14:38   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Hi amit1agarwal,

I just feel the button gave up early on my car, maybe the spring is bad, it has been working normally for the past couple of days. Will monitor and also check with ASC if this can be replaced under warranty for peace of mind.
It’s not just you. The button literally fell off with internal springs in my friend’s car. I have a picture somewhere - will share.
The car was in D at the time and then could only be used in D or N since button is required for R and P. It is currently taped up.
Skoda refused replacement under warranty.
The N > handbrake > P sequence should be practiced to protect the parking pin but the gear lever button is a completely different issue without resolution.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks