Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2024, 02:07   #2026
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
I've noticed this only when using apple music. Like you said, disconnection and reconnection solves this issue. May I know which phone you're using?
I am using one plus 9 pro - Android 13.1 with Jan 2024 security patch. The phone works perfectly fine with two other cars on android auto
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 11:28   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf View Post
5. DSG shifting: The gearbox gets confused a lot of times especially in low speed rides. Sometimes shifts eagerly to D2/D3 even in slowest of speeds and then sometimes just keeps lugging on in D1. I tried to make out a pattern but it is quite random. Best way to preserve and drive smoothly is to use the manual mode in slow moving traffic.
The manual mode solution doesn't seem to work for me. I've noticed a pattern
- If there's even a slight traction loss like very uneven roads, at speeds under 15, it downshifts to D1 and holds gear till 2700 rpm (same with M1)
- D2-D3 also happens at a slightly higher rpm. Around 2200 and at about 27 kph. But the downshift happens only below 20 kph
- There's a fair amount of clutching in D2 around 5-7 kph or atleast feels like there is.
- For brief overtakes at City speeds, the manual or sports mode are pretty handy and very predictable

All said and done, if you're not in heavy traffic, using a light throttle input for city drives gives a very smooth experience. Ofcourse, once you're above 30kph, the DSG magic starts.
Old 9th February 2024, 22:07   #2028
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
I am using one plus 9 pro - Android 13.1 with Jan 2024 security patch. The phone works perfectly fine with two other cars on android auto
Hi any specific reason for your statement on Nissan (in your signature)? Isnt that a tad harsh?
Old 9th February 2024, 23:03   #2029
BHPian

Hello All,

My Slavia's first service is due soon just 2k away from completing 15k kms and I am in a dilemma regarding which service centre to go with.

Both the dealers in Chennai have extremely mixed reviews with respect to service and to add to the problem is them still working on a lot of flood affected cars. Not sure if I can trust them for the service or if I should just drive down to a Skoda service centre in a different town. I know I might be over-thinking this but I love my car way too much, like every other member on this forum.

Looking forward to your inputs. I am okay with driving 700-800kms round trip if it is going to give me some peace of mind. Closest service centres apart from the ones in Chennai are in Puducherry, Vellore, Bangalore, Salem and Trichy.

Any advice regarding the same from fellow members in the same/neighbouring states is highly welcome.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 08:03   #2030
BHPian

Does Salvia have 1 month and 6 month service checkup like Virtus? A friend was mentioning that there is only first year service and 1 month and 6 month free check is only for Volkswagen as per the showroom personnel. Is this true?
mtnrajdeep is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 23:16   #2031
BANNED

"Something I didn't like was the eagerness of the car to launch from a standstill whenever I lifted the break-paddle....1.0L AT was dangerously aggressive during creep. "

HI Piysh- totally agree with this observation. The aggresive creep can catch one off guard. The City CVT trumps on this front though!

How is your ownership experience going?
INDIAFIRST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 23:29   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Does Salvia have 1 month and 6 month service checkup like Virtus? A friend was mentioning that there is only first year service and 1 month and 6 month free check is only for Volkswagen as per the showroom personnel. Is this true?
Nope, no checks at 1 month and 6 months. First service is directly at 1 year or 15k kms.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 21:10   #2033
BHPian

Hi everyone. So I have done 60k and going for the 4th and the last free service in the package. Is there any other extended warranty/ free service package I can opt for?
Old 11th February 2024, 21:27   #2034
BHPian

Any clue what the latest infotainment software version for the 10inch touchscreen is ? My car, delivered 3 months back, is running build 16.03.2022. Service center is yet to confirm whether an update is available or not
Old 12th February 2024, 13:25   #2035

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
"Something I didn't like was the eagerness of the car to launch from a standstill whenever I lifted the break-paddle....1.0L AT was dangerously aggressive during creep. "

HI Piysh- totally agree with this observation. The aggresive creep can catch one off guard. The City CVT trumps on this front though!

How is your ownership experience going?
I understand a lot of people are not comfortable with the aggressiveness of the creep function. I own a Polo 1.2 GT with the DSG & a 1.0 Slavia Torque converter.

While the creep in the DSG is surely more manageable, some things I've learnt while driving the torque converter which have made my life better are ->

1.) Avoid driving off instantly after a start, up till the vehicle is warming up & the RPM is about 1.4/1.5k. You would feel a very aggressive creep, almost unmanageable. Follow the idling rule & let the engine come down to 800-900 RPM. Hardly takes 7-8 seconds, should be followed in principle anyway.

2.) A friend of mine who is used to driving manuals drove my Slavia & seemed very uncomfortable. We have to realize the braking in manuals & automatic cars is logically opposite. In a manual, the engine is not always under torque, as you lift your foot off the accelerator to brake. The braking is less aggressive too. In an automatic, the engine would always have power & the brakes are more aggressive/have more bite. Point being, I noticed, for someone who is only used to manuals, there is no mid-way in using the brake judiciously to control the creep in stop/go traffic. Either his foot was completely off the brake or the opposite. There is a mid-way wherein you can find that sweet spot to control the creep, something which manual drivers or people who are used to churning out the maximum life out of their brake pads would not be too comfortable with, but automatics require that in some situations.

After driving the Slavia as my primary vehicle, I am now so comfortable with the creep function that at times, I find the initial movement of the GT dull, which i had been driving for 6+ years.
Stellantis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 14:48   #2036
Senior - BHPian

Skoda India has launched the Slavia Style Edition at Rs 19.13 lakh (ex-showroom).

Based on the top-spec Style variant and limited to just 500 units, the sedan gets a dual dash camera and other feature additions.

Skoda Slavia Review-20240214_144723.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-20240214_144726.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 11:34   #2037
BHPian

Hi All,

Need help with these below pointers,

1) Android auto doesn't work with Oneplus 11 phones, has anyone been able to get it working. Very annoying to not be able to use Android auto on a modern age car.

2) Has anyone done anything with the AC cooling power? With the summers coming up and anticipating a really hot summer, wonder if there is any tuning that makes the ac more effective.

Thanks a lot.
Monish
Old 18th February 2024, 20:40   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monish_m View Post

1) Android auto doesn't work with Oneplus 11 phones,

2) Has anyone done anything with the AC cooling power?
1. - welcome to a day-1 problem. I've waited for close to 1yr and this was just fixed recently with the latest infotainment system SW version 1800 if I remember correctly (will update if I got the version wrong). It doesn't work until version 1790. My experience is that you need to ask specifically for version 1800, otherwise the standard SW update check that the ASS guys do doesn't pull version 1800.
2. Please check on TBHP for VCDS coding on VW 2.0 cars, there are numerous posts on what folks have found as tweaks for the AC issue. AFAIK Skoda also pushed an update for AC sometime so you can also complain of low AC effectiveness to ASS and see if they can push the update through their side if you aren't comfortable with coding options. Their update provides marginal to moderate benefits to AC cooling to my knowledge.

Last edited by Game_of_Roads : 18th February 2024 at 20:41. Reason: typo
Game_of_Roads is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 01:54   #2039

I have put up garware icecool on windscreen and it's pretty effective on long drives
chiragjain00000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 09:06   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monish_m View Post
Hi All,

Need help with these below pointers,

1) Android auto doesn't work with Oneplus 11 phones, has anyone been able to get it working. Very annoying to not be able to use Android auto on a modern age car.

2) Has anyone done anything with the AC cooling power? With the summers coming up and anticipating a really hot summer, wonder if there is any tuning that makes the ac more effective.

Thanks a lot.
Monish
For point 1, update version 1800 fixes the issue. If you're comfortable doing it on your own, please DM, I'll share the links. You'll need access to VCDS or OBDEleven to acknowledge the update, otherwise in a full scan, it will show an error.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks