Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2023, 09:00   #1966
BHPian

Re: Your preferred suspension tune | Soft (comfortable) vs medium (balance) vs firm (sporty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
Hi,
Did you thoroughly check your car before buying it? If the issues continue after fixing, then you can think about selling it. Believe me, the Slavia is a fantastic car, and you might regret selling it.
Thanks for the inputs. Yes, I did check my car thoroughly before buying it.

This oil leakage is something unexpected. The car is still in skoda service centre. I was informed that this is the first instance where they have noticed this problem so they have requested the flying doctor ( some terminology to name the experts from the skoda technical team) to look into the issue. As per his advice they are replacing the part and would do a thorough check.

I will get to know more today. I will do the needful update here.

Thanks
M-Roc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 09:04   #1967
BHPian

Re: Your preferred suspension tune | Soft (comfortable) vs medium (balance) vs firm (sporty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Try reducing the tyre pressure a bit, go for like 30 PSI on all tyres, see how that feels for you. Slavia already has 16 inch wheels, so you don't have the option to downsize them. People with 17 inch wheels downsize to 16 or 15 to have a more comfortable ride.
Thank you, On Day 1 I have changed the stock MRF tyres to Conti UC6, I will check maintaining 30 PSI on all tyres post getting it from service center.
Old 19th December 2023, 10:35   #1968
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Post 15K FE (City): Had a meeting in Manesar. Drove thru Noida-Delhi-Guragaon in traffic. Took EPE on return. The FE as per MID for the overall trip was 18+ kmpl.

I have been getting 14-15 kmpl consistently within NCR. Major factor is the 30 kms of so called e-way (Noida-G.Noida) that I need to take to reach anywhere in Delhi/Guragon. I have seen 21 kmpl till DND, post that the FE drops and settles at 14-15 kmpl.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_9405.jpeg

Overall trip

Skoda Slavia Review-img_9414.jpeg

G.Noida to Manesar via Delhi-Guragon

Skoda Slavia Review-img_9403.jpeg
sinharishi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 12:59   #1969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
Single new tyre at the back will not cause any issue and you wouldn't notice any change in the driving characteristics as well. Just don't fit it in the front. The vehicle will start pulling to one side. Rotate the tyres and fit the new tyre at the back. Replacing two tyres for this IMO is not required and a waste of money.
Thank you blackbandit !

I am planning to do the same. Get 1 new Ceat Secura drive and fit it at the rear left. Move the existing 2 rear tyres to the front (Rear right -> Front left and Rear Left -> Front right) and the front left tyre to rear right. This should ensure the wear is even.

And during the subsequent tyre change at 50-60k kms I will change all 4 tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Post 15K FE (City): Had a meeting in Manesar. Drove thru Noida-Delhi-Guragaon in traffic. Took EPE on return. The FE as per MID for the overall trip was 18+ kmpl.

I have been getting 14-15 kmpl consistently within NCR. Major factor is the 30 kms of so called e-way (Noida-G.Noida) that I need to take to reach anywhere in Delhi/Guragon. I have seen 21 kmpl till DND, post that the FE drops and settles at 14-15 kmpl.
Hi sinharishi,

Indeed even I have observed the mileage to be very consistent in the 1.5TSI. In Chennai’s bumper to bumper traffic I consistently get between 9.5-10.5 kmpl and on the highway it is consistently 15+ kmpl if driven sanely and drops to 13–14 kmpl if you have to keep braking and accelerating.

The highest I observed in the MID was 22+ kmpl on the Mumbai - Pune expressway with the cruise control set to 85 kmph and uninterrupted driving. The maximum mileage I have got till date, calculated tankful to tankful was 17.69 kmpl. The maximum I have driven on a single tank was 656 kilometres without hitting reserve. Infact the very first time the car indicated reserve was the past weekend on my way back from Bengaluru. Good to know that the reserve light works.

P.S. I have covered 11.5k kms till date.

Last edited by Shanksta : 19th December 2023 at 13:10.
Old 21st December 2023, 09:17   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Roc View Post
Hello Experts,

Upon further enquiring Skoda guys admitted that it is an issue with oil seal and no external damage was there. hence they were sourcing that part to get it replaced.

In my entire 7 years ownership with Honda I have never visited the service center apart from the regular service. But with Skoda within 3 months I was left stranded in the road with my family and the towing vehicle came after 5 hours of raising the concern with Skoda.

This break down episode along with the uncomfortable suspension setup and the laid back attitude of the service center have dragged me to think if I should sell my 3 months old vehicle and get some peace of mind.

Thanks in advance.
Quick Update :

Last Friday I was informed that they have ordered the oil seal. which they would replace on Monday and after a long test drive they would hand over the vehicle to me on Tuesday ( Provided if the issue is resolved).

On Tuesday I called the service advisor and he told me that after changing the part there was no oil leakage. However they wanted to do one more test drive on Wednesday morning.

Wednesday when I followed up with them they told that they went for a test drive again and noticed a very minor leakage and now they are thinking to replace the inner oil seal ( not sure what it is).

They will need few more days for the parts to arrive and they will replace the same and test it again.

I'm really worried and didn't expect to go through this ordeal.

Strongly feel I am paying the price for letting my Honda Jazz go which was a wonderful workhorse with zero issues in the 7 years of ownership.
Old 22nd December 2023, 20:13   #1971
BHPian

Update :

I was promised that I can get the car today by the service manager at PPS Skoda bangalore.

But when I called the service advisor to check when I can come down and pick the car I was informed they haven't received the part yet and it would take more time to get the car ready and deliver. This entire episode have ruined all my year end plans.

Completely frustrated.

P.S : Some time back in this same thread someone questioned why brand new Skoda Slavia cars are on sale in Spinny and other online forums. I think I know the reason now and I might be one of them.

Last edited by M-Roc : 22nd December 2023 at 20:22.
Old 25th December 2023, 11:52   #1972
BHPian

We recently drove from Bengaluru to Vijayawada in our Slavia and wanted to share some cool pictures. The odometer reads 4527 km, and the car is in great shape.

- The road was clear:

Skoda Slavia Review-20231221_131609.jpg

- Escaping the city felt refreshing!

Skoda Slavia Review-20231220_135258.jpg

- Stunning view from the hotel window in Tirupati:

Skoda Slavia Review-20231220_1950282.jpg

- With great power comes low mileage! Still, totally content considering the speed!

Skoda Slavia Review-20231220_154434.jpg

- Even when a bit dirty...

Skoda Slavia Review-screenshot-20231224-195250.png

- You're amazing just the way you are!

Skoda Slavia Review-20231224_090443.jpg

- A bit of cleaning makes it shine:

Skoda Slavia Review-20231224_090339.jpg

- Look at those beautiful disc brakes !

Skoda Slavia Review-img_20231225_113040.jpg

The car is doing great, feels stable, and the seats are surprisingly comfortable! We have a trip to Vizag on the 26th. Let's see how it goes.

Until then, signing off!

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th December 2023 at 12:41. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 26th December 2023, 12:31   #1973
BHPian

Hi, Does anyone have a contact in Delhi NCR who can provide year-end discounts for the Slavia top-end model? Despite such news and marketing of discounts, dealers don't seem to have any inventory or discounts. Any nearby dealer that has stock would do as well.
Thanks.
Old 26th December 2023, 13:48   #1974
BHPian

My Rapid is down because of a minor fender bender and it's been a week that I have dropped my car. So, just to have a look at the status, I dropped by the Skoda showroom and I happen to see the Slavia Black edition finally. Personally, I feel that this colour should have been there from the start, it makes the car look a lot more expensive now.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_20231226_115848.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_20231226_115829.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_20231226_115833.jpg
sachin_cs is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 14:28   #1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by aastiksaluja View Post
Hi, Does anyone have a contact in Delhi NCR who can provide year-end discounts for the Slavia top-end model? Despite such news and marketing of discounts, dealers don't seem to have any inventory or discounts. Any nearby dealer that has stock would do as well.
Thanks.
Hey, i bought a Slavia Lava Blue in September from a dealer who deals in multi brand unregistered cars. He got me Rs 25000 extra from what i could manage by self negotiation. If you are interested kindly send a PM and will share the contact details with you.
Old 27th December 2023, 19:11   #1976
BHPian

Greeting to fellow members.
We have paid the complete amount for an ambition 1.0 TSI( MY2024) . We had initially wanted to go with a style variant, but the dealer and SA had both denied the possibility of a MY2023 model. However when we went for a quick PDI to their yard, there just next to our allotted car was a style variant. On checking it out, it turned out to be a MY2023 model. On asking the SA , he told that he wasn't sure and would check. However he did mention that it would be a June of July manufactured model. So if the dealer does confirm it is not a customer allotted car, how much discounts can we push the dealer for ? Can we have it at the current price of the ambition variant? We have paid around 14 lacs for car.

Help with this
Old 28th December 2023, 19:58   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

Need advice !

Yesterday on my way back from Bangalore to Chennai, somewhere after Sriperumbudur at around 7PM I missed noticing a pothole in the middle of the new six lane highway due to the high beam glare of oncoming vehicles and ran over the same at 70-80kmph. Heard a huge heart breaking crunch from the front right tyre and thought to myself that the sidewall would have definitely bulged.

After reaching home I checked and there is definitely a sidewall bulge and a bad rubber blemish on the alloy at the point of impact.

Frequent travellers would know that the highway after Ranipet is just pathetic to say the least. I even travelled last week to Bangalore and returned without any issue. This time I was even more careful and yet this happened. Now I wanted advice regarding my options to change the tyre.
Sorry a bit late but wanted to respond to you and share my experience with the same situation. The car pitched twice in the same pothole at high speeds and I later noticed two bulges and the black coat on the alloys. The black coat got cleaned easily. I got the tyre replaced under warranty by Ceat. I took it to VW first who sent an email to ceat. Ceat replaced it. While replacing the dealer did comment that this kind of damage is not covered but they eventually replaced it. I had to pay about 2000 as my previous tyre had run about 8000 kms and they also added the labor cost for replacing tyre. Maybe you should also try to get it replaced under warranty.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 16:29   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
Maybe you should also try to get it replaced under warranty.
Thank you for the reply ! Will keep it mind for the future.

I already replaced the tyre and paid for the same out of pocket. Thought of going to Škoda at first and checking with them for warranty. But with the aftermath of the floods in Chennai all service centers are overflowing with cars and I did not want to wait, as the bulged tyre was a safety concern. Ended up getting one new Ceat secura drive for the rear. Costed me ₹6500 and 30 minutes.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 21:34   #1979
BHPian

3000 kms - 15 days - Through 4 States

We recently did a long road trip down south through 4 states. It was me, my wife and our furry kid Rumi.

Summary
Total Distance : 3020 kms
Average Mileage : Approx 15.5-16 kmpl
Fuel - XP95 octane

The car was driven throughout the 3000 kms with me as a lone driver. We travelled through Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerela. Karnataka has the best of roads when it comes to quality with Tamil Nadu and Kerela coming next. Maharashtra has a lot to catch up to. Majority of the Pune-Bangalore highway is being revamped. The whole stretch from Satara to Belgaum has diversions in like every 2-3 kms.

The car is a pleasure to drive. I got to stretch its legs on the highway and boy oh boy it never disappoints you. The way it builds up speed is just amazing. The brakes are very confidence insipiring. It got tested to the 'T' on the ghats as well as on occaions where drivers were changing lanes of highways as if it was a football field. I have made it a point to honk or flash lights whenever I'm overtaking anyone now. Sometimes it feels like your waking them up from their highway slumber. Anyways, so brakes are just amazing. There were couple of close calls on the road trip which made me realized on how important it is to choose a car with sorted driving dynamics.

The sports mode puts the car on steroids. As someone mentioned in the forum, it sometimes doesn't even think before dropping two gears on heavy acceleration. Handling is pretty good and was quite useful on the narrow roads of Kerela. Cruise control was used pretty heavily throughout the trip. I found it to be on the aggresive side when it comes to building speed. It gets activated when the speed is equal to or more then 20kmph and irrespective if it being in normal drive or sports mode, the build up of speed to the targeted speed is aggressive. Fuel efficiency in sports (if driven heavily)mode and in the ghats is never in double digits. The best fuel efficiency I got for a stretch of 140 kms from just before Pune to Belapur in Navi Mumbai was 19.5 kmpl with cruise control predominantly set to 90-95. This fuel efficiency figure also saw medium density Pune City traffic from Katraj ghats to Mumbai Pune express way. I was pretty impressed. The average fuel efficiency for the whole trip which would include a lot of ghats and small town traffic would be close to 15.5-16.5 and I am very happy about the same. You want to have some fun with the car and drive with a heavy foot and you will have a heavier fuel bill. This is the nature of the 1.5 TSI. The ground clearance is pretty good and I go to take it through some pretty steep inclines and declines to reach our offbeat stay options during the trip. There were 1-2 incidents of some contacts with the side fenders but I would attribute it to me being a little impatient.

The suspension set up is a tad stiffer especially if you come from predominantly driveing the likes of the Asian category of cars like Hyundai, Hondas and the Toyota's. But I don't mind trading it for better handling and driving dynamics. The car feels pretty stable at higher triple digit speeds. The Ceat Secura tyres are quite good when it comes to dry and wet grip but pretty average when it comes to tyre noise. Tyre pressure was checked ever 3-4 hours during the halts to avoid any higher build up of pressure and there was no event of a puncture throughout the trip. The boot space gobbled all of our luggage for a 15 day trip.

The horn placement is a bit wierd and I found myself stretching my fingers or palm of the hand to press the horn while holding the steering. I have an average size hand to say so. The gears don't upshift on downhill slopes unless given some throttle input. I found this happening of a lot of occasions especially between D2 to D4 gear ratios. I had to manually use the paddle shifters to upshift.

The Ac performance is pretty average. During the day travel especially from 11 am to 3-4 pm, the Ac temperate used to toggle between 18-21°C and the fan speed was between 3-4 bars. Occasionally on a day or two, we had to keep it near 16-17 around 1-2 pm. In my ex car Aspire, it used to be set around 20-22°C and offcourse in Hyundai and Honda this should be 21-23°C. But in no sense I felt the Ac was not cooling. It is definitely weaker as compared to cars in the similar category.

The window roll down and up is a bit noisy and the ventilated seats are also a tad noisy. The driver side auto up down works 70-80 pc of the time and the rest of the time it acts weird.

The seats are super comfortable especially over long distances. The conturing in the seats keeps you supported especially in the ghats. The electric seats are a boon. They help you find the perfect driving position.

Atlast when it comes to the rattling issue, I am happy to say that I haven't faced the same in close to 5000kms of ownership. I have taken the car through some rough roads in my road trips. It was even once parked under the afternoon sun and it dint rattle from anywhere inside the cabin. All the rattling that happened was either the metal bottle in the door storage or the keys kept in the cupholders.

The sound quality of the infotainment system is pretty good too. We heard all sorts of music right from EDM, Rock, Bollywood, Ghazals and Deep House. The treble and the bass are pretty neat and the woofer does a good job of delivering a punchy and a tight bass. Overally pretty happy with the sound set up. I couldn't figure out a way to set up a trip stat. The driving information is self updated after fuel top up and on the next day when you start driving. Has anyone figured out a way for this? For example I couldn't keep stats of my 3000 kms trip. I had to manually keep a tab on fuel efficiency figures.

Overall I am pretty happy with how the car has behaved over this long trip. I had my apprehensions reading about various issues pointed out with these generation VW and Skodas. But there was not a single point in the whole trip where I felt any sort of glitch or possible issue developing or in the making. Hope it stays this way. Glitch free.

I am following all the DSG Do's & Dont's and will stick to the recommended XP95 octane fuel.

A detailed travelogue of the whole trip will come in Jan.

Enjoying some home made ginger tea on the Pune Bangalore expressway
Skoda Slavia Review-20231215_12072101.jpeg

Somewhere near Coorg
Skoda Slavia Review-20231217_13363602.jpeg

The Slavia is an eye candy in the Lava blue colour
Skoda Slavia Review-20231217_13533801.jpeg

The car can generate some pretty impressive mileage if driven at a constant speed with a light foot
Skoda Slavia Review-20231217_131646.jpg

Her Majesty enjoying the complete back seat
Skoda Slavia Review-20231217_102929.jpg

Quality control Manager checking the car cleaning status
Skoda Slavia Review-20231216_063656.jpg

Near Waynad
Skoda Slavia Review-20231219_08544901.jpeg

Near Attappadi
Skoda Slavia Review-20231219_181758.jpg

Near Kundah. It has become foggy by 4-5pm with temperatures touching 11-12°C.
Skoda Slavia Review-20231221_175428.jpg

Near Marvanthe Beach
Skoda Slavia Review-20231227_102657.jpg

Between Gokarna and Hubli
Skoda Slavia Review-100014014601.jpeg

Some Pampering after the long trip
Skoda Slavia Review-20231230_163714.jpg

A clean car is a fast car
Skoda Slavia Review-20231230_163856.jpg

All packed up post the bathing routine
Skoda Slavia Review-20231230_171923.jpg
AlokSharma is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 23:29   #1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
A detailed travelogue of the whole trip will come in Jan.
The car and all the photos look absolutely amazing!
Looking forward to the travelogue!!
prash1892 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks