Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2023, 13:58   #1771
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800-1.2 View Post
Hi all. I’ve found this on the Skoda website. It mentions that SMP is complimentary. Any idea if this is applicable for all variants or it is up to dealer discretion somehow? Considering very less discounts on the MY24 model, at least complimentary SMP would make it a bit more lucrative.
The SMP offer is on specific variants only is what I have been told like it's applicable on 1.5 Ambition variant in Mumbai. Guess some dealers may offer it on MY23 stock also.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 15:33   #1772
BHPian

Attention Skoda Slavia owners,

Name:  Screenshot 20231010 150016.png
Views: 868
Size:  45.0 KB

Certain Slavia models require an essential airbag control unit software update. It is important to get this update done promptly, as there is a potential risk of injury to occupants in the event of a side impact. To check if your Slavia is affected, please use the provided RECALL link. If your vehicle is impacted, kindly contact your nearest service centre. The entire process will take approximately an hour and will be conducted free of charge.

Mods: Cross-posting this to increase visibility, kindly remove if not needed.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th October 2023 at 19:00. Reason: Formatting
MotorDev is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 00:38   #1773
BHPian

Hi BHPians, have a query on slavia vs virtus - executive at dealership confidently claims that slavia has a better aerodynamic design compared to virtus and hence better dynamics and mileage. How true is this?
Old 11th October 2023, 06:29   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Hi BHPians, have a query on slavia vs virtus - executive at dealership confidently claims that slavia has a better aerodynamic design compared to virtus and hence better dynamics and mileage. How true is this?
Please don't blindly believe what the sales executive says, each one will try to promote what he is selling whether it is based on facts or otherwise, if he were to work for VW, he would have said the same thing there too!, so always take their words with a pinch of salt.

Anyways, in reality, both should perform equally as regards mileage Even if you look at the ARAI-based figures (although they don't necessarily reflect real-world figures) the Slavia has better mileage with the 1.0 AT and 1.5 MT, albeit a slight difference, whereas the Virtus has better mileage with the 1.0 MT and 1.5 DSG.

If you are confused between both, go for the one that appeals to you more, both in terms of looks and on the road (get a test drive).
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 16:53   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
Attention Skoda Slavia owners,

Certain Slavia models require an essential airbag control unit software update. It is important to get this update done promptly, as there is a potential risk of injury to occupants in the event of a side impact. To check if your Slavia is affected, please use the provided RECALL link. If your vehicle is impacted, kindly contact your nearest service centre. The entire process will take approximately an hour and will be conducted free of charge.

Mods: Cross-posting this to increase visibility, kindly remove if not needed.
They carried this out on my car proactively when I had driven in for a separate issue.

Most owners will likely get an SMS about driving their cars in for a "Campaign".
ashivas89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 20:51   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
My dealer reached out to me today regarding the update. They have offered pick-up/drop service. Will schedule an appointment for Friday and have the car updated.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 00:22   #1777
BHPian

I have an appointment with PPS Skoda for Saturday to get this done. Hopefully I can get it done and get the car back in a couple of hours.
Old 12th October 2023, 15:33   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyushkdwivedi View Post
Should we go with Skoda Slavia 1.0 AT or 1.5 DSG?
If you are going to keep Slavia for long term in your garage, then 1.5 DSG should be your choice. This bigger engine will keep you entertained especially in later part of your ownership years when you just bother about driving rather than dwell on features.
Old 12th October 2023, 18:50   #1779
BHPian

The probability of hitting DSG issues is low in 4 years
Old 13th October 2023, 02:32   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
When I was in the market Skoda was offering discounts of 30-40k but I did not bargain at the time. Upon checking with VW they told me themselves that Skoda dealer will even give you 1 lakh discount. They sauid slavia was not selling and they had huge inventory due to some issues reported plus 8 inch infotainment screen etc. They also said that while the company is the same, they both source parts from different vendors and quality of skoda is not that good since their vendors are not that good.

I understood this was part true and part crap - inventory huge due to 8 inch and removed amplifier, but the quality of parts was pure crap since the quality seems to be the same.

They will always make up these points since there is not a lot of difference between the cars. They cant talk about difference in safety or features or engine etc so they have to be innovative and trash each other on these baseless topics like quality, aerodynamics, paint quality etc.

If I were you, I'd go by looks, offers, convenience (distance to service center), color options, delivery timelines etc.

Last edited by Zippy_wheels : 13th October 2023 at 02:35.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 11:21   #1781
BHPian

Hi Guys,

So my car has clocked around 6K KMs and mostly everything is going well. But there is something that is bothering me. The shift from 2nd to 1st gear in my car jerks or makes a Thak/Kar Kar mechanical sound at least 5-6 times out of 10. This is not a good feeling and honestly makes me scared a bit.

I have tried to do the DSG reset too and that helps for a few days, but then I start feeling it again. Also I feel the car does it less when presumably it is start of the drive.

Is anybody feeling similar behavior? Should I get it checked at the service center? Can the service center guys do something about it or I just have to learn to avoid the car going from 2nd to 1st gear in tight situations? I am trying to use Sports Mode or Manual Mode in different situations to avoid the situations where the gearbox needs to shift from 2nd to 1st in a load situation. But sometimes it is hard to predict.

Regards
Rachit
Old 14th October 2023, 11:52   #1782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Hi Guys,

So my car has clocked around 6K KMs and mostly everything is going well. But there is something that is bothering me. The shift from 2nd to 1st gear in my car jerks or makes a Thak/Kar Kar mechanical sound at least 5-6 times out of 10. This is not a good feeling and honestly makes me scared a bit.
What basically is the issue is the DSG tries to force a downshift to 1st when there is a rough road even when speed is on the higher side for first gear. Say 10-15kmph the downshift to first isnt easy due to absence of rev matching. Hence the transmission attempts to slot to 1st and thats not possible in first try hence it fires the solenoid multiple times to get the slot in before the clutch will engage. Hence you will hear this sound a few times especially when the car is above 10kmph. Thats nothing to worry about.

This forced downshift to D1 can be reduced in frequency by keeping tyre pressure a bit higher. I have started maintaining 34psi all round and it has also helped FE by quite a bit.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 21:32   #1783

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
This forced downshift to D1 can be reduced in frequency by keeping tyre pressure a bit higher. I have started maintaining 34psi all round and it has also helped FE by quite a bit.
Genuinely curious, how does this help? Also did the backseat occupants observe any changes after this?
Old 15th October 2023, 01:37   #1784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prash1892 View Post
Genuinely curious, how does this help? Also did the backseat occupants observe any changes after this?
The downshift to D1 is triggered on rough roads where the wheel faces sudden changes in resistance and there is variation in it's speed due to the undulations on the road. Lesser tyre pressure means higher rolling resistance and higher tyre flex, which means the wheel speeds vary much higher. The transmission detects sudden need for additional torque due to this and hence forces D1. When tyre pressure is increased, rolling resistance reduces and so does the flex in tyre when going over rough roads which will make the transmission prefer to stick to D2. Since the vredestein tyres on my car are pretty soft and grippy, I can increase the tyre pressure to even 35. It will increase some bumpiness but still bearable since under full load Skoda suggests much higher pressure.

Last edited by audioholic : 15th October 2023 at 01:40.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 02:02   #1785
BHPian

Question for VW Skoda 2.0 car owners-

Most of the recent reviews regarding the AC are on these lines, AC is not great, but keeps the cabin cool if set at low setting. This is quite confusing, hence seeking community inputs for these points :

1. How good is the AC compared to other cars from Maruti, Hyundai ?

2. How long does it take to make the cabin cool on a hot day ?

3. Is there a perceivable difference in 1.0 vs 1.5 engine variants w.r.t AC cooling ?

4. Can the ac maintain cool temperature across the cabin or one feels cool only when air vents are directly pointed towards them ?

5. How is the AC performing for back seat passengers ?

6. How are the noise levels of the AC ?

Note- The question is specifically for variants with auto climate control feature.
sapien is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks