Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2023, 09:58   #1756
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Question to fellow Slavia owners with the 8” touch screen unit, has anyone explored the aftermarket wireless Apple Carplay / Android Auto adapters available in Flipkart and Amazon ?

I am looking to get one but really confused regarding the choices available. Amazon has Carlinkit, Ottocast and WQQBFF while Flipkart just has one choice called Etzin. All are priced between INR 6-9k.

Any insights would be very helpful !
Old 9th October 2023, 12:36   #1757
BHPian

Attention owners, looks like there is a recall for Airbag control unit update.

Run your VIN here: https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/recall-campaigns

Skoda Slavia Review-img_7275.jpeg

Last edited by sinharishi : 9th October 2023 at 12:50.
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 12:48   #1758
BHPian

Anyone took the Skoda service packs ? How's the feedback and do you recommend taking it ?
chaitanyakrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 19:06   #1759
BHPian

The update is that discounts on the MY24 batches of Slavia has significantly reduced. The MY24 cars have the below features across variants and only 50-80k discounts at present.

The car is now costing me almost a lac more

The good part is that they have not discontinued the Lava Blue colour.

I should be able to secure the delivery of the car before this month end.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-screenshot_20231009_155339_drive.jpg  

AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 20:13   #1760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post

The good part is that they have not discontinued the Lava Blue colour.

I should be able to secure the delivery of the car before this month end.
Are you getting the MY23 in Lava Blue color? What is the discount available on the Lava blue color. I have almost finalized one from the remaining Stock of MY23, however the dealer is adamant on not giving good discount on the Lava blue color. For other colors though the discount is significantly higher.
Old 9th October 2023, 20:30   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtCars View Post
Are you getting the MY23 in Lava Blue color? What is the discount available on the Lava blue color. I have almost finalized one from the remaining Stock of MY23, however the dealer is adamant on not giving good discount on the Lava blue color. For other colors though the discount is significantly higher.

No. I have been told that 1.5 Lava Blue has a good demand and waiting period. I am surprised that you are getting one from the old batches if you are talking about 1.5 DSG. If I may ask, which dealer are you booking the car (or have booked) from and what sort of discounts are they offering? If you are not getting a good discount on a MY23 car, might as well look at the MY24 one with these additional features. I am just hoping they have sorted the small niggles of the previous cars related to AC, rattling noise or the window up/down issue at the front in some of the cars.

Though MY23 cars will also get revised pricing but should ideally get a higher discount in my opinion.
Old 9th October 2023, 20:37   #1762

Quote:
The update is that discounts on the MY24 batches of Slavia has significantly reduced. The MY24 cars have the below features across variants and only 50-80k discounts at present.

The car is now costing me almost a lac more
I had almost finalized the purchase of the car when I heard about the upcoming MY24 car with upgraded features. My dealer is now willing to give me a max of 50k discount on the Style 1.0 AT variant. He did give me the option to book one of the last MY23 cars and offered much higher discounts and complimentary SMP, which works out to over a lakh in difference.

I’m planning to go ahead with the MY24 car anyway, mainly for the 10” infotainment, subwoofer and electric seat adjustment. Also because it seems it may not be possible to get an MY23 car anymore, unless it’s already in their stockyard. Not sure how true this last part is though!
Old 9th October 2023, 20:47   #1763
BHPian

Quote:
No. I have been told that 1.5 Lava Blue has a good demand and waiting period. I am surprised that you are getting one from the old batches if you are talking about 1.5 DSG. If I may ask, which dealer are you booking the car (or have booked) from and what sort of discounts are they offering? If you are not getting a good discount on a MY23 car, might as well look at the MY24 one with these additional features. I am just hoping they have sorted the small niggles of the previous cars related to AC, rattling noise or the window up/down issue at the front in some of the cars.

Though MY23 cars will also get revised pricing but should ideally get a higher discount in my opinion.
I haven't yet booked the car, still exploring with all Dealers in Mumbai region. I was looking to pick up the 1.0AT Style preferably in Lava Blue. There are inventories of the MY23 available in other than Lava blue color at discounts more than 1.5L whereas for the Lava blue haven't been able to locate any inventory but all dealers have indicated that the discount will not be more than 1Lac. The MY23 in Lava blue color will still be a good deal for me as it will only miss out on the Powered Seats and it isn't a big dealbreaker for me.

Also MY23 Cars will not come under the revised pricing and needs to dealt at the old pricing. It is the practice of some dealers to show it under the revised pricing and eventually give the feeling of bigger discounts. You should always negotiate on the old on-road pricing for MY23 Models
MadAbtCars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 20:57   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800-1.2 View Post
I had almost finalized the purchase of the car when I heard about the upcoming MY24 car with upgraded features. My dealer is now willing to give me a max of 50k discount on the Style 1.0 AT variant. He did give me the option to book one of the last MY23 cars and offered much higher discounts and complimentary SMP, which works out to over a lakh in difference.

I’m planning to go ahead with the MY24 car anyway, mainly for the 10” infotainment, subwoofer and electric seat adjustment. Also because it seems it may not be possible to get an MY23 car anymore, unless it’s already in their stockyard. Not sure how true this last part is though!
Yup you are right. Unless they have it in stock, they won't be able to offer you the MY23 batch. Any new bookings will be that if the MY24.

The MY23 1.5 Lava Blue Edition had the 10 inch infotainment system and the subwoofer, the only thing extra in the MY24 variant is the footwell lights and powered seats. Additional 1 lac for the said features is not justified.
Old 9th October 2023, 21:37   #1765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800-1.2 View Post
I had almost finalized the purchase of the car when I heard about the upcoming MY24 car with upgraded features. My dealer is now willing to give me a max of 50k discount on the Style 1.0 AT variant. He did give me the option to book one of the last MY23 cars and offered much higher discounts and complimentary SMP, which works out to over a lakh
What's MY23 & MY24? My understanding is MY=Manufacturing year, however, we're still in 2023. What am I missing?

If you can share, which dealer offered over 1L discount and on which variant?
Old 9th October 2023, 22:08   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
What's MY23 & MY24? My understanding is MY=Manufacturing year, however, we're still in 2023. What am I missing?

So MY here is Model Year and not manufacturing year.
AlokSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 23:05   #1767

Quote:

I got this from Raja Skoda for the Style 1.0 1.0 AT variant. The discounts included corporate, cash, festive and dealer discounts. Add the complimentary SMP which itself is worth ~35k and the effective discounts worked out to a bit over 1L.

A friend of mine was offered ~69k in discounts on the 1.5 Ambition MT variant.
800-1.2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 23:38   #1768
BHPian

Hello folks, need quick help - can I expect more offers in December given dealers would want to clear 2023 manufactured cars? I am looking to book a slavia but can wait till year end if I can get better offers. Most of my time in November would anyway be spent in hometown due to Diwali.
Old 10th October 2023, 08:08   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks, need quick help - can I expect more offers in December given dealers would want to clear 2023 manufactured cars? I am looking to book a slavia but can wait till year end if I can get better offers. Most of my time in November would anyway be spent in hometown due to Diwali.
Yes, Year end you will ideally get better deals than at present. You may get a better discount on MY24 models as well.
Old 10th October 2023, 09:47   #1770

Hi all. I’ve found this on the Skoda website. It mentions that SMP is complimentary. Any idea if this is applicable for all variants or it is up to dealer discretion somehow? Considering very less discounts on the MY24 model, at least complimentary SMP would make it a bit more lucrative.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_2663.jpeg

Source: https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/promoti...l/slavia-offer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks