Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2023, 13:23   #1741
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

7000 KM Update, and the crucial oil top up:

Thanks to alerts from fellow members here, I checked the dipstick last week and it was at the mid-way mark. Checked it again today before starting the car and it appeared a tad below that. With a long trip scheduled later this month, I decided to pay the service centre a visit and they happily topped it up. It took in about 550 ml of VW508/509 0W20 oil out of a fresh can. I wasn't charged for it. Thought of buying a can of oil just in case, but i guess I'll do that at the first service, now that it has already been topped up.
Old 4th October 2023, 13:57   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenemaus666 View Post
Was this top-up covered by service center free of charge?
I got a brand new 1L bottle for 630.00, 800 ml poured and the rest is with me.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6901.jpeg
sinharishi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 14:16   #1743
BHPian

Hello All,

I would like to understand the NVH level of Slavia 1.5 DSG.

I have driven my car for 1600 kms now and haven't really pushed it because of the run in period. It's been a mix of

1) Heavy to medium city traffic (30%)
2) Long highway trip (60%)
3) short trip on hill areas (10%).

Till date I have only used XP95 from Indian oil and have also changed the tyres on Day 1. stock tyres were MRF got it swapped with Continental UC6.

Now coming to the question I can hear a mild to medium level engine noise inside the cabin. (I haven't yet installed the engine insulation at bonnet)

I'm not sure if that engine noise is something that is standard across Slavia or is it something to do with my car?

FYI - My previous car was Honda Jazz which is known for its NVH level and have been used to its pin drop silence for the past 7years

Can experts shed some light here?

Thanks,
M- Roc

Last edited by M-Roc : 4th October 2023 at 14:17.
Old 4th October 2023, 14:20   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Roc View Post

I'm not sure if that engine noise is something that is standard across Slavia or is it something to do with my car?
I have the same 1.5 DSG , the engine noise is very noticeable above 60 km speed , I recently got the hood insulation done and post that its been silent like a kitten until I cross 100 kms speed. Even then its not too loud but very sporty
Gotham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 14:45   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Roc View Post
Hello All,

Now coming to the question I can hear a mild to medium level engine noise inside the cabin. (I haven't yet installed the engine insulation at bonnet)

I'm unsure if that engine noise is standard across Slavia or if it has to do with my car?
Hi, the 1.5 engine in the Slavia is smooth, but you can hear it around 2000 rpm. The noise isn't annoying, though. It's mild, and even at high speeds, you mainly hear road noise. However, the engine sounds louder from the outside.
MotorDev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 19:02   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
12,000 KMs update: Just got back from a short trip, covering about 900 kms in 4 days visiting Kausani and Ranikhet. I managed to get couple of underbody hits on Kainchi Dham-Almora road. There is a smooth stretch of tarmac then suddenly non-existent roads.

Overall FE from the trip @ 13.2 Kmpl. I was very aggressive in the hills, thanks to the beautiful 6-laned NH24 till rampur I ended up driving aggressive in the plains as well.

Just before the trip, I had visited Brite Skoda @ Noida for oil top up. About 800ml was poured. I was in and out within 15mins, the SC was packed with cars and yet the SA accommodated my walk-in request for oil checkup/top up.
Hi,

Thanks for updating the forum regularly about the car. She looks gorgeous in that Lava Blue shade.

How's the overall experience with the car in regards to the negative bits mentioned across the reviews i.e. rattling noises, sub par ac performance, software bugs regarding window up/down function?

Thanks.

Last edited by AlokSharma : 4th October 2023 at 19:03.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 20:57   #1747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
I have the same 1.5 DSG , the engine noise is very noticeable above 60 km speed , I recently got the hood insulation done and post that its been silent like a kitten until I cross 100 kms speed. Even then its not too loud but very sporty
From where did you get the hood insulation done and how much did it cost? I checked with PPS Skoda on Mysore Road and they did not have the stock and was also told its of no use. Thanks!
Old 5th October 2023, 10:57   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityskody View Post
From where did you get the hood insulation done and how much did it cost? I checked with PPS Skoda on Mysore Road and they did not have the stock and was also told its of no use. Thanks!
I got it done from Tafe access Begur , Do check with them over a call before going.
Old 5th October 2023, 11:32   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post

How's the overall experience with the car in regards to the negative bits mentioned across the reviews i.e. rattling noises, sub par ac performance, software bugs regarding window up/down function?
My AC is fixed now. I took it to Skoda earlier this year and they hooked up the laptop and made some updates. I have made peace with the one touch up/down not functioning at all times.

No rattling noises so far. I am thoroughly enjoying the car. The only negatives so far I have is getting used to the manual transmission after driving an AT primarily for 2 years.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 08:42   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon92 View Post
Hi Alok
Can you please tell me which dealer is offering such discount on Slavia 1.5 Lava blue edition? I had visited Dr. Auto Skoda showroom in Navi Mumbai around 10 days back and was offered 70k total discount which includes corporate discount. I was told that regular models are being offered with 1.2 lakh discount and due to shortage of special addition less discount is available on it.
Hi

There was no option to initiate a direct message to you, so writing it here. Did you book the 1.5 lava blue at Dr Auto? Have you received the delivery? If yes, when did you book the car?

Thanks

Hi Forum members,

I need help and advice with my booking of the 1.5 Slavia Lava Blue edition.

I had booked the car on 13 Aug 2023. I was told that the delivery for the 1.5 lava blue edition will be 6-8 weeks but they will try to get it early on best effort basis. The plant was shut for maintenance and upkeep for 20 days in Sep 2023 for which I was told that my dealership was informed only in end Aug. It is already 7 Oct, and I have still not recieved the allocation for my car. If I don't recieve the allocation by tomorrow, the delivery wil be pushed to November. I had my long leave planned in November and now by the looks of it, I will have to push it to forward to December. Other colours were offered to me in the Style variant, but I refused.

Since I have already sold my Aspire in End Aug, I am getting impatient. I enquired about Verna 1.5 turbo and I was told that delivery can be arranged in less than a month.

The dealership is clueless about the lava blue edition allocations and says that they have 7-8 waiting deliveries especially for the 1.5 variant. The 1 litre variant in lava blue or other colours in 1.5 variant is available to be picked up.

Is there a way to track allocation with the order number directly? Since it is already Oct, I was told that Skoda is now looking to focus on MY24 cars.

There is a big communication gap between Skoda and their dealership and it is making me nervous.

Last edited by AlokSharma : 7th October 2023 at 08:58.
AlokSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 11:23   #1751
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Forum members,

I need help and advice with my booking of the 1.5 Slavia Lava Blue edition.

I had booked the car on 13 Aug 2023. I was told that the delivery for the 1.5 lava blue edition will be 6-8 weeks but they will try to get it early on a best-effort basis. The plant was shut for maintenance and upkeep for 20 days in Sep 2023 for which I was told that my dealership was informed only at the end Aug. It is already 7 Oct, and I have still not received the allocation for my car. If I don't receive the allocation by tomorrow, the delivery will be pushed to November. I had my long leave planned in November and now by the looks of it, I will have to push it forward to December.
The dealer seems suspicious. Consider exploring another dealership. When we booked our Slavia, the salesperson assured us that our Lava Blue Slavia would be delivered within a maximum of one month, and we indeed received it within the stated timeframe.

Last edited by MotorDev : 7th October 2023 at 11:26.
MotorDev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 11:38   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
The dealer seems suspicious. Consider exploring another dealership. When we booked our Slavia, the salesperson assured us that our Lava Blue Slavia would be delivered within a maximum of one month, and we indeed received it within the stated timeframe.
I called up the dealership to take a final decisive call and was informed that I have been allocated the car last evening.They will confirm by today or tomorrow if it is coming with the new features and accordingly the new price will be applicable.

So my co-ordination with the said dealer was not an issue. There was a massive communication with Skoda. They had shut the plant for domestic production and the plant was manufacturing cars for the international market is what I was told.

Our Forum has a positive effect I guess . Putting across the issues here leads to express solutions.

I will wait to do a PDI now as and when the car lands in the dealership yard. I hope everything will be fine. Fingers crossed.

Thank You.

Last edited by AlokSharma : 7th October 2023 at 11:48.
AlokSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 11:53   #1753
BHPian

Quote:
I called up the dealership to take a final decisive call and was informed that I had been allocated the car last evening.
Oh, that's wonderful news! Congratulations on your new Skoda Slavia! Just ensure the PDI goes smoothly, and please check every detail. I've noticed in several Slavia's that the A-pillar trim on the passenger side is misaligned. Even in our car, it's misaligned. While it might not be a significant problem, it's quite disappointing for a car that costs over 20 lakhs. If you find it misaligned, please inform the dealership to fix it immediately.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_20231007_114746.jpg
MotorDev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 14:31   #1754
BHPian

Just wow!

Slavia goes to Ladakh!

sinharishi is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 23:30   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

There was no option to initiate a direct message to you, so writing it here. Did you book the 1.5 lava blue at Dr Auto? Have you received the delivery? If yes, when did you book the car?
Hi Alok
No, I haven't booked it yet. I was exploring the market back then. I will probably book my new car in Jan to try and get year-end discounts but I am still confused between Slavia 1.5 DSG Style and new Seltos GTX+ as the difference in ex-showroom is around 1.25L only. Also, I am hoping by then new Seltos will be crash-tested in the newly launched BNCAP program.

Regards
Eragon92
eragon92 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed