Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2023, 01:58   #1666
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityskody View Post

I have a question folks. Is there a way I can get the windows to roll up automatically when I lock the car like it happens on my Honda City? The guy at the dealer said nothing can be done without voiding warranty and I do not want to void the car warranty. However, I feel its a pain to manually roll up all the windows after a drive. My family does not bother to do it because they are used to the windows rolling up automatically. Thanks!
Long pressing the lock button on the car key will roll up the windows.

With the right connectors you can install the window roll up module without cutting any factory wires thereby keeping your warranty intact.
viXit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 06:26   #1667
BHPian

Hi guys

Taking the delivery of a Slavia 1.0 Style AT OBD2 on Sunday. The color is Silver.

I know about the regular PDI things to do, but is there anything specific for the Slavia that I should check/ensure ?

Thanks!
Old 15th September 2023, 09:42   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I face this crackling issue when playing apple lossless over wireless carplay. Over wired car play, there is no such issue. Second if you havent already, change the amp coding to Dynaudio if you have VCDS or any other device with you. That should make a difference.
Quick update , I've been breaking my head over this for a while and took help of someone who had VCDS and all settings were pretty much in place when the whole car was coded the first time. Beats Audio for HU & Dynaudio for AMP is the most compatible. The change of speakers did make a huge impact on the Audio quality.

However the issue finally trickled down to CarPlay as Apple Music equaliser doesn't work on CarPlay thanks to a genius at Apple who thought it was useless

Wired or Wireless CarPlay made no difference , however when I play lossless Audio over Bluetooth it's simple Perfect. I can change the EQ on the phone and it works flawlessly.

Either Apple allows EQ over CarPlay which I doubt or I look for an EQ app which can work with Apple. If nothing works then I will stick to bluetooth and whenever I need to use Gmaps & Music together I will use Spotify
Old 15th September 2023, 21:19   #1669
BHPian

Hi All,

I am all set to get the delivery of my car by 21st Sep 2023. I would like to check if there are any additional accessories that I would need to plan for.

Looking for inputs from the existing owners based on their experience.

Thank you in advance.
Old 15th September 2023, 21:46   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
The change of speakers did make a huge impact on the Audio quality.
Which speakers did you upgrade to? I have got the damping done for the doors which is a definite step up. I will look into speaker upgrade maybe at the end of the year.
Old 15th September 2023, 22:02   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Which speakers did you upgrade to? I have got the damping done for the doors which is a definite step up. I will look into speaker upgrade maybe at the end of the year.
I had retained a pair of Image Dynamics Speakers from my previous car so they sat well. However I had a chance to hear Focal IC165 VW and they’re equally good and punchy. Best part Focal IC165 VW are straight plug & play. If my ID’s ever die I will pick these focals.
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 23:31   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Roc View Post
Hi All,

I am all set to get the delivery of my car by 21st Sep 2023. I would like to check if there are any additional accessories that I would need to plan for.

Looking for inputs from the existing owners based on their experience.

Thank you in advance.
Hi,

You can get mud flaps and floor mats immediately. There are many after market options available when it comes to 3D/5D floor mats. Do have a look at them by searching online or by visiting the nearest car accessories store. Pharoah car floor mats are great is what I have heard.

The below accesories are what I will be looking to get once I get the delivery of my car. You can choose the ones you want.

1) Tyre inflator
2) Puncture repair kit
3) Two pairs of micro fiber cloth ( internal and external cleaning)
4) Dual channel dashcam (Viofo/Ddpai/70mai)
5) Under bonnet insulation (Ask Skoda to arrange it) Should cost around 1.5 k
6) Front parking sensors if available as an accessory at Skoda
7) Window Shades
8) Boot organizer
9) Car Perfume
10) Car Car Kit
11) First Aid Kit (if it doesn't come with the car)

You can also look to get either a ceramic coating or paint protection film done on your car.

Do share pictures of you new car and congratulations again.

Last edited by AlokSharma : 15th September 2023 at 23:38. Reason: Added few accesories
AlokSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 09:42   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post

Do share pictures of you new car and congratulations again.
Thank you for your timely inputs. I will get some of the accessories listed down by you.

Definitely I will share the delivery pics.
M-Roc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 19:02   #1674
BHPian

Had a super fun 745km long weekend with my Slavia !

I took delivery of my car on Sep 5th and until Sep 15th I had only covered 450kms inside the city. I was itching to cross the 1000km milestone and also test the Slavia on the highway which is were it will be primarily used.

On Saturday morning left for a breakfast drive at 5AM towards Salem. Returned home by 3:00PM after covering a good 600kms non-stop ! I am super happy with my choice of car and powertrain. The 1.5TSI pulls like a locomotive once it crosses 2500rpm, I controlled myself from revving beyond 4k rpm. Reaching unmentionable speeds is a piece of cake for this engine. The car feels very planted on the highways and the ride is superb. Only thing lacking for me is the AC, it was just above average and managed to keep me comfortable in the 37 degree C afternoon sun.

Another pleasant surprise was the respectable mileage for a car with this power and weight. I got a tankful to tankful calculated average of 15.5 kmpl. It still showed a range of 130kms after covering 600kms.

Went for another small 145km drive on ECR on Sunday, had fun downshifting using the paddle shifts for over overtaking on ECR.

Skoda Slavia Review-fullsizerender.jpeg

Will write further updates as I cover more kilometres.

Last edited by Shanksta : 18th September 2023 at 19:03.
Shanksta is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 20:13   #1675
BHPian

Hi,

Good Day!

Anyone got the Blaupunkt Dashcam which comes as part of Skoda accessories? If so can you please comment on its quality.

Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 21:42   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Good Day!

Anyone got the Blaupunkt Dashcam which comes as part of Skoda accessories? If so can you please comment on its quality.

Thanks
I had enquired regarding the same. They had mentioned that it works through the 12v socket. Not sure on the quality though. I'm looking for a dash cam myself.

At this budget of 10k which they charge, WiFi+GPS is a desirable trait which this DVR doesn't have. I guess there are better alternatives compared to this.
Guppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 22:12   #1677
BHPian

[quote=Guppy;5628343At this budget of 10k which they charge, WiFi+GPS is a desirable trait which this DVR doesn't have. I guess there are better alternatives compared to this.[/QUOTE]

Pls let me know too, since I'm looking for about 6 dashcams for my cars, yet to finalise on one.
Old 19th September 2023, 22:30   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
I'm looking for a dash cam myself.
There are some really good dashcam available in the after market but the only concern is that if it will void the warranty. Ant idea about it?
Old 19th September 2023, 22:35   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
They had mentioned that it works through the 12v socket. Not sure on the quality though. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcsastudent View Post
Pls let me know too, since I'm looking for about 6 dashcams for my cars, yet to finalise on one.
Hi everyone, we installed the Blaupunkt Dashcam that comes as part of Skoda accessories in our Slavia. It has a dual-cam setup, and while the quality is decent, it doesn't quite justify the 10k price tag. The sticking mechanism isn't great and tends to fall off frequently. However, the dashcam is neatly integrated without any wires dangling around.
MotorDev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 22:42   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
Hi everyone, we installed the Blaupunkt Dashcam that comes as part of Skoda accessories in our Slavia. It has a dual-cam setup, and while the quality is decent, it doesn't quite justify the 10k price tag. The sticking mechanism isn't great and tends to fall off frequently. However, the dashcam is neatly integrated without any wires dangling around.
Hey MotorDev, could you perhaps add some pictures of its integration? Thanks

Most Viewed