Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2023, 21:32   #1651
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Dear AlokSharma, Peterf, Guppy, punto_ -

Thank you for providing your valuable suggestions. I really appreciate your willingness to help.

I have finally booked the 1.5 DSG below are the reasons that worked in favours of 1.5 DSG

1. As I already sold my Honda Jazz I needed the new car immediately. Though 1.5 MT is not available to test drive I thought of booking it without even test driving it (definitely a bad idea) but after checking with multiple dealers only White colour was available which is not my choice and family not ready to compromise on the colour.

2. I test drove 1.0 AT --> 1.5 DSG --> 1.0 AT in the same order (10km for each test drive), I tried max to convince myself to settle down for 1.0 AT as I could save some money (around 3 lakhs) and have some peace of mind as I don't want to think too much about the 1.0 AT gear box.

After the test drive I came back home and sat with my better half as I was not able to decide. For the last 2 to 3 days I was having lot of discussion around the pros and cons of
1.0 AT vs 1.5 MT vs 1.5 DSG so she had good idea behind the dilemma I had.

She just gave me the confidence to go for 1.5 DSG as she could sense I already fell for it. Hence I booked the 1.5 DSG with the promise of next week delivery.

Thank you!
M-Roc is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 21:46   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Roc View Post

Thank you for providing your valuable suggestions. I really appreciate your willingness to help.

I have finally booked the 1.5 DSG below are the reasons that worked in favours of 1.5 DSG
Hey many congratulations. The 1.5 TSI is a gem of an engine and you will never gave a dull moment with it. Happy mile munching!!!

Did you book the white colour?
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 22:05   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
Hey many congratulations. The 1.5 TSI is a gem of an engine and you will never gave a dull moment with it. Happy mile munching!!!

Did you book the white colour?
Thank you! I have booked crystal blue colour (our first choice was lava blue but that commands a 2 month waiting period).
M-Roc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 22:19   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! I have booked crystal blue colour (our first choice was lava blue but that commands a 2 month waiting period).
I wanted the white shade for practical purposes. Reflects heat and keeps the cabin much cooler than other shades. My family was hell bent on the crystal blue for some reason. I tried my best in convincing them for the white.

Ended up getting the crystal blue. Although, I disliked it at first. I would have gone for red if not for white. Somehow this colour grew on me. Now I take pride on how exclusive this colour is and how you can't find a similar colour on the streets.

Dust layer on the car kind of pops out though. Might as invest in a good wax duster right now. I bought the Jopasu Duster and it works wonders.

Congratulations on your booking
Guppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 23:18   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Congratulations on your booking
Thank you!

In my case we liked the lava blue but we were informed there wouldn't be any discount and it would attract 2 months of waiting period as well and we finally settled for crystal blue.
Old 12th September 2023, 23:30   #1656
BHPian

Quote:

I have finally booked the 1.5 DSG

Thank you!
Congratulations buddy, welcome to the club.

In my case as well wife pushed to go for the automatic after driving it. As I said it is difficult to get the dsg out of our minds after experiencing it.
Peterf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 00:11   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Hey M-Roc,

That is a great choice. I just took delivery of my Carbon Steel Slavia 1.5TSI DSG in the ambition trim last week and I have loved every minute behind the wheel.

Mine was a March 2023 manufactured car but it is the BS6-phase 2 unit as confirmed by the sticker mentioning E20 in the fuel lid. Just FYI the 5th character in the VIN number reflects the engine in the car. If it is P it is a 1.0L TSI and if it is R it is a 1.5TSI, this is something I found out apart from looking at the exhaust end-can(2 pipes - 1.5L and 1 pipe - 1.0L).

I was in the exact dilemma as you, drove the 1.0L manual, 1.0L automatic and the 1.5 TSI DSG. Funnily my initial choice was the 1.5TSI manual which I could not test drive as the car was unavailable. After driving the 1.0L TSI AT I thought it would be wise to spend a lakh more to get the Style 1.0L AT at the price of the 1.5L manual Ambition.

But then I just could not convince myself not getting the 1.5L DSG as the Ambition trim is just 30k more than the Style 1.0L AT. Ended up doing a comparison and realised that apart from the 4 extra airbags(which is worth the premium) I was just loosing out on the ventilated seats, sunroof, LED headlamps, auto headlamps and wiper, chrome bits under the window-line/rear bumper, dual tone alloys and the auto dimming rear view mirror. All comfort features that I could do without.

Having owned 2 cars previously with a sunroof I simply did not want it in the car and this also meant saving a cool 2.3 lakhs.

Also got a good discount of 1.5 lakhs from Skoda in the month of August. Net price I paid for DSG was 1.2 lakhs more than the equivalent 1.5 TSI manual variant.

I would urge you to look at the Ambition trim if you haven’t already.

And yes you will thoroughly enjoy this beast of an engine. It is a very good car in the city and turns into a missile on the highways. It reaches 120kmph so fast it is unreal.

Having driven the car about 200kms in the city in heavy traffic, I am talking 1hr for 16km commute one way the MID has settled at 10kmpl since I refuelled after delivery and I drove around 80kms on ECR the previous weekend and the MID showed an average of 18kmpl while cruising at 90kmph for that particular trip. Yet to push the car.

The ACT kicks in frequently during city drives contributing to a good economy and I also turn off the start/stop every time I get in the car.

Whew!!! That was a lot of information above that I have mentioned in my enthusiasm. Congratulations on your booking.

EDIT: The AC works well in the Chennai summer when set at 20 degrees at fan speed 2 in the mornings and 22 degrees fan speed 1 in the evenings.

I am also having minor niggles/ teething issues with the car. My windows seem to be very slow winding up/down. Last week after a super heavy rain I noticed a few drops of water finding their way into the cabin from the driver side door. Taking the car to Skoda tomorrow to get it rectified. *Touchwood*

Last edited by Shanksta : 13th September 2023 at 00:26.
Shanksta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 00:49   #1658
BHPian

I managed to find this maintenance manual for Slavia 1.5 TSI. I am not sure on the authenticity of the manual. Seems legit from what I've seen. It is a boon for DIY'ers like me. It goes on to explain the numbers and letters of the VIN. Pretty useful.

Has anyone managed to find a workshop manual for Slavia? I managed to find a 400 page manual for kushaq. I'm not sure where the similarities end between kushaq and slavia. If anyone managed find a workshop manual for Slavia kindly do pm me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slavia Maintenance Manual.pdf (13.50 MB, 745 views)
Guppy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 07:26   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
My windows seem to be very slow winding up/down.*Touchwood*
Welcome to the Skoda and the DSG club! On the windows being slow, spraying some silicon lube on the channels help a lot. I had a similar issue with my Rapid in the past which was rectified by this. For me, the auto up/down was not functioning on one of the rear windows. Silicon lube helped it and the windows were much faster afterwards
bhp_maniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 12:51   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf View Post
Congratulations buddy, welcome to the club.

In my case as well wife pushed to go for the automatic after driving it. As I said it is difficult to get the dsg out of our minds after experiencing it.
Thank you and I completely agree with you. As I said earlier I was pushing myself to settle down with 1.0 AT but had a strong backup from my better half to go for it.
M-Roc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 13:00   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hey M-Roc,

That is a great choice. I just took delivery of my Carbon Steel Slavia 1.5TSI DSG in the ambition trim last week and I have loved every minute behind the wheel.
Hearty congratulations on your new car .

Thanks a lot for pouring in some important and helpful inputs (especially the updates around the AC is good to hear).
M-Roc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 13:11   #1662
BHPian

Quote:

Awesome! Congratulations on the new drive! Glad you picked the auto box and 1.5 DSG will be amazing to drive and will put smile on your face every time you drive it! Hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Do share your feedback regarding AC performance during extremely hot days!
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 15:05   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
I test drove 1.0 AT --> 1.5 DSG --> 1.0 AT in the same order (10km for each test drive), I tried max to convince myself to settle down for 1.0 AT as I could save some money (around 3 lakhs) and have some peace of mind as I don't want to think too much about the 1.0 AT gear box.
Many many congratulations. Looks like you always had your heart set on the 1.5 TSI DSG. A DSG is a DSG. No other form of AT can be better or as good as a DSG performance wise except for the BMW trannys. Good that you are following your heart though I understand the dilemma of saving INR 3 Lakhs by going for the 1.0 TSI AT. Trust me, every time you sit in the driver's seat, the 1.5 TSI DSG is going to put a big smile on your face (city & highway). Do take the extended warranty & my recommendation is to stick to XP95 from day 1.

Last edited by Torque123 : 13th September 2023 at 15:08.
Torque123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 23:02   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Awesome! Congratulations on the new drive! Glad you picked the auto box and 1.5 DSG will be amazing to drive and will put smile on your face every time you drive it! Hope you enjoy it for many years to come!
Thank you for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Do share your feedback regarding AC performance during extremely hot days!
Definitely, I will keep this thread updated.
Old 13th September 2023, 23:18   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Many many congratulations. Looks like you always had your heart set on the 1.5 TSI DSG. A DSG is a DSG. No other form of AT can be better or as good as a DSG performance wise except for the BMW trannys. Good that you are following your heart though I understand the dilemma of saving INR 3 Lakhs by going for the 1.0 TSI AT. Trust me, every time you sit in the driver's seat, the 1.5 TSI DSG is going to put a big smile on your face (city & highway). Do take the extended warranty & my recommendation is to stick to XP95 from day 1.
Many Thanks! I spoke to the sales consultant and I was informed I would get an email to opt for the extend warranty post delivery. As requested by all the experts I will definitely go for it.

Most Viewed