Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2023, 21:34   #1576

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
A query for those who have got their Slavia without sub woofer. Is it possible to check for the presence of the wiring harness for sub woofer?
Had the wiring been done, it should show up somewhere around the spare wheel but I haven't noticed anything there except bare metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
The reverse camera quality is bummer but I've gotten used to it now , it's not a software issue but the limitation of the hardware ( Camera ) , I'm hoping one day we will get a after market plug & play upgrade option as the display is capable of good picture quality
Yeah, hoping the same. Essentially an after market plug n play solution should do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityskody View Post
Thanks for the response. Just checking on google, I see UC6 costing around 9.5k per tyre. That would mean shelling out an extra 20k for swapping to UC6. The guys in Hyderabad are lucky since they are paying just 10k for the swap to UC6.
I've contacted couple of stores and the first quote I received was also around 18-20k (actual cost of UC6 @ 9k and buy back for CEAT @4.5k). But fortunately with a lead from this thread, got the second quote at 10k ( actual cost of UC6 @ 8.5k and buy back @ 6k). I was definitely lucky to get such a sweet deal. I would suggest to hunt around for a better deal as the cost difference is significant.
MaverickKT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 15:30   #1577

Guys,

I need urgent help!

I recently booked Skoda Slavia 1.5 AT Ambition model. I received my VIN.

The VIN states that it is Mar 2023 manufactured car. I am yet to do PDI.

Now being Sep 2023, March manufactured car is a bit old right ? What Can I do now ?

Should I push them to allot me recently manufactured car ? Also how to check all details like BS6 Phase2, OBD2 details etc. Kindly help
Old 3rd September 2023, 17:56   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelTheStars1 View Post
Guys,

I need urgent help!

I recently booked Skoda Slavia 1.5 AT Ambition model. I received my VIN.

The VIN states that it is Mar 2023 manufactured car. I am yet to do PDI.

Now being Sep 2023, March manufactured car is a bit old right ? What Can I do now ?

Should I push them to allot me recently manufactured car ? Also how to check all details like BS6 Phase2, OBD2 details etc. Kindly help
You can confront them about the same and request them to allocate you a OBD2 vehicle which should ideally be manufactured post Apr 2023.

As part of BS-VI stage 2, passenger vehicles are mandated to fit a diagnostic device called On Board Diagnostic (OBD) 2 from April.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 18:25   #1579

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Just checking on google, I see UC6 costing around 9.5k per tyre. That would mean shelling out an extra 20k for swapping to UC6. The guys in Hyderabad are lucky since they are paying just 10k for the swap to UC6.
Had a word with Tyre Professionals today. They're offering 4k per tyre for Apollo Alnac and the new UC6 ones cost around 9.8k per tyre. This would mean shelling out approximately 25k and I'm wondering if it is really worth it. I had to stretch my budget to buy the Slavia and my wife feels it is not worth spending another 25k to swap the tyres. I am not an enthusiast and I normally don't observe the tyre noise etc. Am extremely confused now. Anybody has opinions on the Apollo Alnac tyres?
Old 3rd September 2023, 18:45   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Had a word with Tyre Professionals today. They're offering 4k per tyre for Apollo Alnac and the new UC6 ones cost around 9.8k per tyre. This would mean shelling out approximately 25k and I'm wondering if it is really worth it. I had to stretch my budget to buy the Slavia and my wife feels it is not worth spending another 25k to swap the tyres. I am not an enthusiast and I normally don't observe the tyre noise etc. Am extremely confused now. Anybody has opinions on the Apollo Alnac tyres?
My Aspire had come with Apollo Alnacs back in 2019 and they were good. I was originally thinking of swapping them but then decided against it, they did their part for 45-50k before I switched them. No issues with just one puncture on the rear tyre once. I was happy with them

I agree spending 25 k on replacing them doesn't make sense. Swapping with the UC6 makes sense if additionally you are spending only 10-15 k.
Old 3rd September 2023, 18:54   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Anyone facing issues getting android auto to work on their slavia? I tried different phones but it keeps telling me - CONNECTION WITH SAMSUNG_ANDROID FAILED.

I am using note 10 plus and S23 ultra. Both work fine in my other cars.
Using s 23 ultra. Works well both wireless and wired. The wire isnt original. So i encounter issues at times. Wireless is a breeze
travelex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 23:09   #1582
BHPian

Hi guys !

After selling my 2023 MG Hectos Plus (odo reading only 3900 km), and learning a valuable lesson about never buying a MG again, I am close to buying a Slavia. (For more on my horrible MG experience, pls see my previous posts in my profile)

I'm going for a Slavia 1.0 Style AT Silver.

The Ex showroom is 15,99,999, but the dealer in Chandigarh is giving me a discounted price of 15,20,000.

After reading the last 7-8 pages here, I will ask Skoda about the presence of the Sub-woofer or OBD2, but my main concern right now is - pricing given to me seems to be high - considering members on the forum have reported a discount of about 1.25 to 1.5L - whereas I'm getting a discount of 79,999.

(I will be buying my own insurance from outside since agency won't be able to match the price I will get)

Can anyone help me out with how much I should negotiate more consodering the variant, since I will finalise the car by tomorrow evening when the Sales Rep will come to our place to give a TD.
Old 4th September 2023, 00:07   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
Using s 23 ultra. Works well both wireless and wired. The wire isnt original. So i encounter issues at times. Wireless is a breeze
This issue is isolated to the 8 inch systems only, the 10 inch ones don't have it. From what I heard, an update should be coming out sometime this month for the 8 inch systems to resolve this issue.

Last edited by StripleRider03 : 4th September 2023 at 00:08. Reason: Updated grammar and wording.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 05:59   #1584

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
You can confront them about the same and request them to allocate you a OBD2 vehicle which should ideally be manufactured post Apr 2023.

As part of BS-VI stage 2, passenger vehicles are mandated to fit a diagnostic device called On Board Diagnostic (OBD) 2 from April.
I have logged into mySkoda app and it shows as OBD2. I spoke with the dealer and they have showed me other AMbition variant Kushaq which is to be delivered this week is also March manufactured. The dealer also said that, Ambition variants are manufactured on BS6 Phase 2 only around March 2023 and that's why there are stocks lying around.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-whatsapp-image-20230904-5.55.31-am.jpeg  

TravelTheStars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 06:18   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcsastudent View Post

After reading the last 7-8 pages here, I will ask Skoda about the presence of the Sub-woofer or OBD2, but my main concern right now is - pricing given to me seems to be high - considering members on the forum have reported a discount of about 1.25 to 1.5L - whereas I'm getting a discount of 79,999.

(I will be buying my own insurance from outside since agency won't be able to match the price I will get)
So the discount discussed here includes an overall flat discount which may cover a mark down on insurance as well. You can negotiate a further 10-20 k for more discount. As it is you are going to save on the insurance which translates to a figure close to 1.2 lacs.

Tell them that you have got a tad better quote from somewhere and you are willing to close in a day or two wherever you get a bette price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelTheStars1 View Post
I have logged into mySkoda app and it shows as OBD2. I spoke with the dealer and they have showed me other AMbition variant Kushaq which is to be delivered this week is also March manufactured. The dealer also said that, Ambition variants are manufactured on BS6 Phase 2 only around March 2023 and that's why there are stocks lying around.
That's Good news then. May be some of the manufacturers started complying with the OBD2 norms early itself.

Do a thorough PDI. You may involve these professional PDI inspection guys in your city or do a detailed one yourself.

Congratulations for the new car. Do post pictures here.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th September 2023 at 07:46. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:58   #1586

Hello Team-BHP!

I'm excited to post on this forum for the first time and begin with a question that's been on my mind.

I have an opportunity to acquire a DEMO 2022 Skoda Slavia 1.0 Style AT with 20,000 kilometers on the odometer directly from a Skoda dealer. I'd like your insights on the right value for this car and whether it's a wise decision to proceed with tgese kind of purchases.

To provide some context, I've been considering the new VW Virtus and Honda City e:HEV prior to this. I enjoyed test driving both of them, but I'm facing a dilemma with the Virtus - should I go for the 1.5 DSG or the 1.0 AT? The DSG is the only factor causing some uncertainty.

Any suggestions to clear my confusion would be highly appreciated.
Old 4th September 2023, 13:51   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikoh View Post
Hello Team-BHP!

I'm excited to post on this forum for the first time and begin with a question that's been on my mind.

I have an opportunity to acquire a DEMO 2022 Skoda Slavia 1.0 Style AT with 20,000 kilometers on the odometer directly from a Skoda dealer. I'd like your insights on the right value for this car and whether it's a wise decision to proceed with these kind of purchases.

To provide some context, I've been considering the new VW Virtus and Honda City e:HEV prior to this. I enjoyed test driving both of them, but I'm facing a dilemma with the Virtus - should I go for the 1.5 DSG or the 1.0 AT? The DSG is the only factor causing some uncertainty.

The 1 litre gearbox in both the Slavia and Virtus is Aisin sourced and is very reliable. With the DQ200 in the 1.5 litre, there were issues earlier i.e. couple of years back. They have done significant improvements on them and the issues have significantly reduced. Even, Hyundai and Kia had recalled vehicles for the DCT issues then. It was just that with the DQ200, the way VW group handled it initially was bad.

The 1.5 TSI is better suited if you are an enthusiast and regularly take the highway. Though even the 1 litre is not bad at all when it comes to performance. It is just that the 1.5 TSI improves the driving pleasure significantly due to higher power and torque figures.

Now the Honda City has been a reliable car and there are no two doubts about that. The e:HEV is expensive at 23-24 lacs but offers significant savings on the fuel front.

Coming to the demo car, get the car inspected via these car inspection companies to see if there are any issues with the car on any front. Once you know this, you can sit down and negotiate and see if you are getting a good deal out of it as compared to a new one of the same variant. Pricing will completely depend on the condition of the car plus how many kms it has run. Also it is a 2022 year car. See to it you get a best deal out of them.

Last edited by AlokSharma : 4th September 2023 at 13:52. Reason: Typos
AlokSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:22   #1588
BHPian

Quote:
I have an opportunity to acquire a DEMO 2022 Skoda Slavia 1.0 Style AT with 20,000 kilometers on the odometer directly from a Skoda dealer. I'd like your insights on the right value for this car and whether it's a wise decision to proceed with tgese kind of purchases.
I would personally never ever go for a DEMO car.

Just think about the different hands it's landed into along with all the trials it has faced.

Think about everyone who have taken it for a spin, pushing its boundaries with little to no regard.

1000 kms on a demo car is equal to 3000 km of normal driving. So look at that 20k as more like 60k.

And this being a Skoda, you never know how it'll age. Better to invest in a new car with complete peace of mind.
rahul_jo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:33   #1589
BHPian

Quote:

Unless the dealer is willing to sell you this car at half the price with free extended warranty & Service packs I wouldn't touch it with a yard pole.

Personally I would strongly suggest you get a Brand New car
Old 4th September 2023, 17:46   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
This issue is isolated to the 8 inch systems only, the 10 inch ones don't have it. From what I heard, an update should be coming out sometime this month for the 8 inch systems to resolve this issue.
I sent my car to the service station today. The technician was completely clueless and directed me to this - https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/mob...atibility-list

Said since my phone isn't on the compatibility list there is nothing he can do.

I further asked him if company will come up with some update to resolve this. He was clueless and said I don't think so and your phone won't work. Try an older model.

It is pretty annoying to say the least as I can't use maps on the nagivation system. I hate to use a separate holder for the phone just to see maps.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks