Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2023, 13:52   #1546
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
I have an S23 Ultra and I'm facing the same issue. On searching online, I understood that an update is required from Skoda for it to work. Apparently, all SD8Gen2 devices have an issue connecting to the 8 inch systems. I will try with my mom's S10 Plus today and let you know if that works fine.
Update: I tried to use Android Auto with my mom's S10 Plus and was successful. Absolutely no issues and it popped up as soon as I connected the cable to the phone. So the issue is limited to just the latest phones with SD8Gen2 chipset.
StripleRider03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 18:43   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
I have an S23 Ultra and I'm facing the same issue. On searching online, I understood that an update is required from Skoda for it to work. Apparently, all SD8Gen2 devices have an issue connecting to the 8 inch systems. I will try with my mom's S10 Plus today and let you know if that works fine.
Ahh makes sense. I talked to my SA and he isn't aware of any such update. Maybe, I'll need to book an appointment at the workshop and let a technician handle this.
Old 29th August 2023, 18:50   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Ahh makes sense. I talked to my SA and he isn't aware of any such update. Maybe, I'll need to book an appointment at the workshop and let a technician handle this.
AFAIK, the update is yet to be released. Right now, the software version on my car is 1790, which is the latest that I can find.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 10:49   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickKT View Post
I booked the 1.5 DSG Lava Blue Edition on 7th Aug and would be taking delivery of the same in a week or so. At the time of booking they confirmed that 10" infotainment, wireless CarPlay and sub woofer would definitely be there on this variant. Those were my primary requirements. But good to see few other additions to the list.

I'm planning to schedule a PDI this Sunday if the vehicle reaches showroom by then. Will look out for these features and confirm here.
Hi, could you do the PDI last Sunday? Any updates, please? The dealer in Mumbai is yet to get an LBL edition 1.5AT car with the committed features.
Old 30th August 2023, 11:15   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prash1892 View Post
Can you elaborate? Very interested in this particular aspect of Ciaz
The slavia gearbox in comparison is a bit clunky, the throw seems longer and finding first gear can be a bit cumbersome occasionally. As i said it is OK but not as good as the Ciaz gearbox.

Last edited by peugeot96 : 30th August 2023 at 11:21.
peugeot96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 13:59   #1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by peugeot96 View Post
The slavia gearbox in comparison is a bit clunky, the throw seems longer and finding first gear can be a bit cumbersome occasionally. As i said it is OK but not as good as the Ciaz gearbox.
Thanks for the info, this is really useful as I have my eye on the 1.5 MT. I'm used to the manual gearbox of my father's i20 Active which felt smooth when compared to WagonR.
I guess a TD - if there is a MT vehicle available - will let me know where Slavia stands.
Old 30th August 2023, 15:31   #1552

Conducted the PDI of my new Lava Blue Edition Skoda Slavia 1.0 AT car at the dealer's showroom today. However, I did not see the Edition badging on the steering or on the pillars and on the pillow covers as well. Are these fitted at the dealer's end and not at the plant? Please shed some light on this. Thanks!
Old 30th August 2023, 17:37   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityskody View Post
Conducted the PDI of my new Lava Blue Edition Skoda Slavia 1.0 AT car at the dealer's showroom today. However, I did not see the Edition badging on the steering or on the pillars and on the pillow covers as well. Are these fitted at the dealer's end and not at the plant? Please shed some light on this. Thanks!
The edition badging should be from the factory. Pillows would be provided at the time of delivery, so that shouldn't be a problem. What about the infotainment system? Does it have the 10 inch system with the amp and sub?
Old 30th August 2023, 17:42   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prash1892 View Post
Thanks for the info, this is really useful as I have my eye on the 1.5 MT. I'm used to the manual gearbox of my father's i20 Active which felt smooth when compared to WagonR.
I guess a TD - if there is a MT vehicle available - will let me know where Slavia stands.
My Friend who got the Slavia 1.5 manual is not very happy with the Gearbox. It is not very smooth and the clutch is very hard. Also the gear engagement is jittery for 1st and 2nd year. You will get a jerk as you change the gear for 1st and 2nd.

Make sure you testdrive and see it yourself.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 19:13   #1555

Guys,

Just booked my Slavia 1.5 DSG Ambition 2 days ago here in Coimbatore and am very excited for the car. I already own Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD (MY2012) Stage 1+ & Hyundai Xcent MY2014. Wanted to have a good car with good torque delivery. My usage is 80% Highways and 15% City.

I have already driven 1.2L kms in Punto & 90k kms in Xcent. Mostly highways and long drive trips across India.

Recently when I was driving Punto from Vellore to Coimbatore, I felt the need of an automatic. It just makes highway cruising fun when you have to reduce speed behind lorries and overtake them. It is very common on highways with 2 lanes these days where lorries keep clogging the flow of vehicles.

Fast forward, sold my Xcent for 3.52 Lakhs and decided to sell my Punto too. But Punto's hydraulic steering is still miles ahead of many upper segment cars. So decided to keep it for now. Went ahead & booked Slavia 1.5 DSG Ambition here in Coimbatore good number of test drives.

Discounts offered -

Insurance discount - 30k
Cash Discount - 25k
Gold Coin Offer - 25k
Exchange Bonus - 60k (which I did not take as I did not want to sell Punto)
Corporate offer - 60k ( I am into business, so could not avail it)

So on-road coimbatore 18.9 Lakhs. Pretty okie with this deal.

Now waiting for number allotment, was looking for fancy numbers in the portal. Looks like I wont get it easy.

Once I get the car delivery will post a detailed thread.

Happy Miles & Smiles
TravelTheStars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 19:21   #1556
BHPian

So I've been driving Slavia for the last couple of days and the initial impressions are as follows...

1- The car simply feels light. A little too light on some occasions. Almost like a go kart.

2- At higher speeds under sudden acceleration it might make you feel slightly out of control. But it's in that very sensation that the essence of its fun factor resides.

3- The brakes are pretty sharp and take a little getting used to at first. They bite into the road with an unrelenting grip.

4- The steering feels light to the touch, yet heavy with purpose. It is a decent harmonious blend of responsiveness and control.

5- As you peer through the rearview mirror, your vision is constrained. The field of vision through the rear window is very tiny in my opinion.

6- The front seat angle pushes your body into a peculiar posture. It is at a slight incline under your thighs that simply can't be adjusted. I looked around but the incline isn't adjustable. Could cause back pain over longer drives.

7- And yes. The notorious issue of Slavia rattles is true. It's a brand new car but with each pothole the car seems to voice its protest with a lot of squeaky sounds coming from all over.

8- The sound system is pretty average but the infotainment screen is pretty neat.

9- My current daily driver is a F30 3 series and that feels completely planted on the road even at higher speeds but this Slavia drives like a fun go kart. It is a completely new yet exciting feeling.

After driving it for 2 days, I barely care about the other little niggles here or there because I had an awfully fun time driving it.

This also serves as a gentle reminder that not every aspect of the car needs to be exceptional to contribute to your overall experience.

Last edited by rahul_jo : 30th August 2023 at 19:23.
rahul_jo is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 20:14   #1557

My sales rep said they would fit the Edition stuff after registration, at the showroom. The car has a 10 inch touchscreen. I did not check the amp and the sub.
cityskody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 21:38   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityskody View Post
My sales rep said they would fit the Edition stuff after registration, at the showroom. The car has a 10 inch touchscreen. I did not check the amp and the sub.
with which Dealer have you booked your car ?
Old 31st August 2023, 20:45   #1559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wohroy View Post
Hi, could you do the PDI last Sunday? Any updates, please? The dealer in Mumbai is yet to get an LBL edition 1.5AT car with the committed features.
I just had a sneak peek of my 1.5 DSG Edition Lava Blue which will be delivered tomorrow. I couldn't do a detailed PDI as the car reached showroom only at 7PM, so no point doing it in the night.

Coming to the extra features, I am disappointed to say that there is nothing more apart from 10" inch screen and with it also comes wireless CarPlay I guess.
  • No Subwoofer/amp (Sales rep mentioned that is being offered only in Kushaq Monte Carlo, not even in Kushaq Edition) - this is a major miss, not sure how much of a difference would it make for my daily use.
  • Chrome Garnish, puddle lamps, pillows & Edition badging is all part of Basic kit and will be fitted at the dealer only if we opt(pay extra) for it.
I'm not sure if the dealer is trying to save few bucks here saying that all the additional features are part of basic kit, but essentially the 19K premium we are paying on top of usual Style variant is for the 10" infotainment system and the premium color(it does look stunning even in the night).

I'm not a big fan of chrome anyways and even if all the listed chrome garnish was offered, had plans to get it de-chromed later to arrive at vRS kind of look. It'll be much simpler now.
And all the other accessories like mats and blinds, I'm happy to pay and chose from wider options in the market.

List of upgrades/accessories I'm currently considering,
  1. Upgrade the stock CEAT tires to Continental UC6, thanks to Vibhav-Van for the referral, contacted Wheelocity Jubilee Hills today and he offered a deal around 10k for the swap.
  2. Floor Mats - Trying to get Pharaoh 3D mats but they're out of stock online, will try my luck at some local shops
  3. Planning to get the following from Skoda (please suggest if any alternatives are available)
    1. Bonnet insulation if it doesn't come stock, haven't checked that today
    2. Blinds for all windows and rear windscreen
    3. Scuff plates with badging
    4. Puddle Lights
    5. Cushions(just for the badging)
Let me know if I should consider anything else that would be useful.

Hope to have a delightful delivery experience come tomorrow.
MaverickKT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 22:42   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickKT View Post
I just had a sneak peek of my 1.5 DSG Edition Lava Blue which will be delivered tomorrow. I couldn't do a detailed PDI as the car reached showroom only at 7PM, so no point doing it in the night.

Hope to have a delightful delivery experience come tomorrow.
the 10" infotainment alone justifies the premium , wireless CarPlay is a bliss.

Congratulations for your new ride
Gotham is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks