Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2023, 22:25   #1531
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecuube View Post
The seats in this car are quite underrated, and I really think these are one of the better seats to spend your day driving in. The seats themselves are very ideally shaped, and because of their and the steering's wide range of adjustability, it is very easy for anyone to get into a comfortable driving position.
I will agree with you. I had the Vento for 11 years and after long days in the driving seat, I will end up with some stiffness in the back. I felt it's seats needed a bit more lumbar support. When I bought the Slavia, I test drove the Octavia too a couple of times. For some reason, the driving position in the Octavia felt a bit different and odd for the short time I got to spend with the car. I am sure with time I would have adjusted better or found more suitable settings. But Slavia's seats instantly felt familiar and comfortable. They felt like home. On more than 3 or 4 occasions, I have been in the driving seat for 12 hours or more in a day but didn't feel any back stiffness and was relatively more comfortable than what I would have been in the Vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf View Post
So after waiting for nearly 20 days got my hands on my 'Laal Dhanno' this week. It was raining cats and dogs but I was determined to not delay it any further.
Congratulations!! Wishing you many happy KMs with Red Dhanno.

CHEERS!!
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 12:05   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf View Post
So after waiting for nearly 20 days got my hands on my 'Laal Dhanno' this week. It was raining cats and dogs but I was determined to not delay it any further.

I was not able to click many pictures as have been busy in office work after that but planning to go on a ride soon. Will post pics then.
Congratulations Peter , as a fellow owner of a Red Slavia this colour is quite a head turner

If you haven't already do ensure you buy the extended warranty for peace of mind.
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 12:23   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
Congratulations Peter , as a fellow owner of a Red Slavia this colour is quite a head turner

If you haven't already do ensure you buy the extended warranty for peace of mind.
The colour was the reason for going towards slavia instead of virtus

Have taken all additional packages including extended warranty, service package and insurance.
Peterf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 16:15   #1534
BHPian

Yes. The same things are happening with me. The sales guys told me the audio system would be factory-fitted but I was allotted a VIN without an amp and subwoofer. I have taken it up with both the dealer and Skoda India.
Old 25th August 2023, 16:46   #1535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wohroy View Post
Did anyone on this forum get a delivery of this edition with the above-mentioned features recently? If yes, did the subwoofer and puddle lamps come factory fitted or were fitted in the workshop of the dealer?
I booked the 1.5 DSG Lava Blue Edition on 7th Aug and would be taking delivery of the same in a week or so. At the time of booking they confirmed that 10" infotainment, wireless CarPlay and sub woofer would definitely be there on this variant. Those were my primary requirements. But good to see few other additions to the list.

I'm planning to schedule a PDI this Sunday if the vehicle reaches showroom by then. Will look out for these features and confirm here.
MaverickKT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 11:22   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickKT View Post
I booked the 1.5 DSG Lava Blue Edition on 7th Aug and would be taking delivery of the same in a week or so. At the time of booking they confirmed that 10" infotainment, wireless CarPlay and sub woofer would definitely be there on this variant. Those were my primary requirements. But good to see few other additions to the list.

I'm planning to schedule a PDI this Sunday if the vehicle reaches showroom by then. Will look out for these features and confirm here.
Congrats on the booking! What is the OTR of Lava Blue edition in Hyd? Any discounts on offer?
Old 27th August 2023, 11:35   #1537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
My car came with Ceat SecuraDrive tyres. I upgraded to Continental UC6 in the stock size itself. Tyre dealer agreed for a buy-back of those Ceat tyres, resulting in a 11K expense from for all 4 tyres. Conti UC6 feels like the best alternative to Michelin Primacy - Comfortable, silent and very grippy. I suffered a puncture in the first week itself, where a screw pierced straight into the tread. I don't think that's a reflection on the tyre quality though, since it was a pretty sharp one.
May I know where you got your tyres upgraded to UC6? I approached a dealer today and he is quoting 20K additional expense to swap the default SecuraDrive set with UC6.
Old 27th August 2023, 12:22   #1538

I booked a Lava Blue 1.0 AT model in Bangalore. Dealer gave me a cash discount of 20K, corporate discount of 25K and the Drive Assure Elite insurance for free. He said this is the max discount I can get on the Lava Blue edition, but he could give an additional 25K if a different colour is chosen. Expecting the car to be arriving this week, post which I will schedule a PDI from Zekardo.
cityskody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 12:44   #1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by peugeot96 View Post
The gearbox does not hold a candle to the gem that was there in the ciaz but is OK.
Can you elaborate? Very interested in this particular aspect of Ciaz
Old 27th August 2023, 13:18   #1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Congrats on the booking! What is the OTR of Lava Blue edition in Hyd? Any discounts on offer?
I got 50k discount(Loyalty+Corporate) on ex-showroom price and that might cost you around 22.3L on road or even less if you negotiate on the insurance premium.

I had opted for corporate lease and my company would cover the road tax, insurance etc. so the entire discussion with dealer was only on ex-showroom price, so can't give you exact OTR.

According to my recent discussion with the sales manager, there is increased demand for Lava Blue Edition and one may not get same discounts available for other color options.
Old 27th August 2023, 14:32   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm eagerly looking forward to sharing my upcoming experiences and memorable journeys with the Skoda Slavia. Keep an eye out, as I'll soon be posting a detailed ownership review on Team-BHP.
Hello everyone, I've finally completed my detailed ownership review of our Slavia Lava Blue!

Here's the link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ar-buying.html

I hope that it proves helpful!

Last edited by MotorDev : 27th August 2023 at 14:35.
MotorDev is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 12:55   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickKT View Post
May I know where you got your tyres upgraded to UC6? I approached a dealer today and he is quoting 20K additional expense to swap the default SecuraDrive set with UC6.
I got it done at Wheelocity Jubilee Hills. Owner's name is Jayender and his number is available online in Google Maps. He had stock of Continental and Yokohama when I went there in February.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 20:17   #1543
BHPian

Anyone facing issues getting android auto to work on their slavia? I tried different phones but it keeps telling me - CONNECTION WITH SAMSUNG_ANDROID FAILED.

I am using note 10 plus and S23 ultra. Both work fine in my other cars.

Last edited by rahul_jo : 28th August 2023 at 20:20.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 20:29   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Anyone facing issues getting android auto to work on their slavia? I tried different phones but it keeps telling me - CONNECTION WITH SAMSUNG_ANDROID FAILED.

My dad uses the S23 Plus, and Android Auto works smoothly most of the time. Occasionally, it might disconnect when the device heats up, but it usually reconnects quickly.
MotorDev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 08:45   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post

I have an S23 Ultra and I'm facing the same issue. On searching online, I understood that an update is required from Skoda for it to work. Apparently, all SD8Gen2 devices have an issue connecting to the 8 inch systems. I will try with my mom's S10 Plus today and let you know if that works fine.
StripleRider03 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks