Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2022, 09:04   #1246
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Got the new price list for Bangalore my Sales rep forwarded . I responded to him and will cancel my booking for Prestige variant as it's no longer value for money . Sharing price list for Bangalore the price difference between Premium and Prestige is 1 Lakh 20 thousand now.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CARENS_NOV_22_HSR.pdf (238.4 KB, 459 views)
Dushie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 09:28   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Here is Sachin Tendulkar enjoying a road trip in a humble Kia Carens

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkcnI23gzSM/?hl=en

Mods: Please delete this post if it violates any forum rules.
The Apollo Apterra AT tyres grabbed my attention. Does this car belong to someone here?
Old 10th November 2022, 23:10   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_to_be View Post
Hi all, Would like to post a quick few review points after almost 5 months of ownership and close to 8000Kms of running. I won't be repeating what people have already posted but would want to give some opinions for sure. I own Luxury Plus Diesel Auto.

I have not posted many common opinions that have already been talked about in the forum. However, I'd love to answer any questions the new owners may have.
Hi, from which dealer did you purchase your vehicle? How has been the service experience?

Also what is the current waiting period for turbo petrol+dct combo vehicle?

Thanks
Nikhil
Old 11th November 2022, 15:45   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Hi, from which dealer did you purchase your vehicle? How has been the service experience?

Hi Nikhil, I purchased from Crystal Kia Baner. The purchase experience was just about okay. I had to push for timely completion of formalities once the car was allotted. The cleaning, etc was also just about okay and could have been better.

RE: Service, I am happy with the service experience. No issues at all. My Car VIN was supposedly mis-aligned with some car in Gujrat state. They identified and resolved the issue. I don't know how that happened and it still sometimes shows in the app that my car service is overdue. However, the SVC guys have proper records and they don't confuse this anymore.

I am not sure of the current waiting period of Carens. Its always better to check with a couple of dealerships. You might get a car quickly if you're flexible on colours/variants. In my case I was flexible on colour and got a white instead of the desired blue. But I am happy with white considering I did not necssarily have to spend on PPF/Ceramic coat so saved some money. I have owned metallic white in the past and it looked the same even after 6 years without a ceramic coat. Hence the decision to not opt for Ceramic. I will do teflons or any other reasonably cheaper coat once or twice a year from 3Ms or like to maintain the colour.
guru_to_be is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 15:59   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks
Nikhil
Hi Nikhil,
Dealer in Bangalore tells me it's between 2-5 months.
Thanks.
Mishrap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 16:18   #1251
BANNED

Attaching the price list of Kerala
  1. What is the Statutory Charges?
  2. Is Kia Connect of any use or just a bling feature?
  3. What's the Accessories Kit?
  4. Is My Convenience Plus useful?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pricelist - Carens W.E.F 01.11.2022.pdf (149.3 KB, 277 views)
Old 12th November 2022, 11:04   #1252

Hi everyone, I got my Carens 1.4 petrol DCT yesterday. Will soon post my initial impressions. I had one question and I would request for inputs here. I am assuming regular petrol should be okay or should I use premium?
Old 12th November 2022, 11:10   #1253

Quote:

Thanks
Nikhil
Hi, I booked mine (1.4 petrol luxury DCT in July, got delivery this week).
mahesh27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 15:00   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh27 View Post
Hi, I booked mine (1.4 petrol luxury DCT in July, got delivery this week).
Congratulations Mahesh on your new ride.
So a 4 month waiting period is in order.
I will check with a Kia dealer here in Pune to get a sense of the timeline.

Thanks
Nikhil
Old 17th November 2022, 18:52   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Attaching the price list of Kerala
  1. What is the Statutory Charges?
  2. Is Kia Connect of any use or just a bling feature?
  3. What's the Accessories Kit?
  4. Is My Convenience Plus useful?
My experience on buying my Carens.

Kia Connect - Nice feature to have. You can lock/open your car using you mobile, turn on the engine to get the AC running before you enter the car, monitor the location of the car etc.

Accessories Kit - for me that included stuff like flaps and mats that I politely refused. I made up for that deduction by opting for Convenience Plus

Convenience Plus - This includes extended warranty and a fixed cost on service. I've taken it primarily to cover for any DPF issues that I might have. If you're taking the DCT, this is a must.
But having said that, this is something that even the folks at the dealer seem to not understand fully. For example, when I took this the site showed scratch plus (not sure of the exact name) and free underbody coating. That scratch thing was supposed to cover that car (painting) in case of scratches happening on it and you can guarantee those to happen in Kerala roads. When I took the car in thinking I had this covered, the folks there were scratching their heads. They referred to Kia and then came back with conditions that the scratch has to be under 3 cm, there cannot be more than one scratch etc. What's funnier is that they'd only do the 3cm square area painting which in my opinion would not be as good as a panel repaint.

Statutory Charges - Can't remember what this is. If you could break this up, I could help.

Cheers
Manu
SafeDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 22:33   #1256
BHPian

Finally after months of waiting I finally got my allocation (I had an issue where i needed both the keys at the time of delivery; hence the delay).

I decided to switch from MT to AT, so now i will be getting a KIA Carens Luxury Plus Diesel 7 Seater Automatic in Imperial Blue.

Hopefully will get the delivery within 7-10 days.
Old 17th November 2022, 23:00   #1257
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh27 View Post
Hi everyone, I got my Carens 1.4 petrol DCT yesterday. Will soon post my initial impressions. I had one question and I would request for inputs here. I am assuming regular petrol should be okay or should I use premium?
What is mentioned in the manual? You can also check fuel tank filler door where the requirements will be mentioned. Check for minimum RON requirement. If 95 RON is not mentioned as the minimum requirement, then you can use normal petrol.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 20:24   #1258
BHPian

This is a question for those who have the issue with condensation on the rear roof from the AC.

The dealer here is telling me that mine is the first car that they've received with this complaint. They say that they need a day to fix this issue. During my first service, they requested for more time and I said that I'll get this rectified later. This time the car was with them for over a week but this is still not rectified as they're waiting for parts to arrive from Kia.

Has anyone else from Trivandrum or who have used NCS Kia as their dealer faced this problem?
Old 21st November 2022, 14:22   #1259
BHPian

Hello all,

Yesterday was the first time i got the opportunity to drive my Carens diesel MT after a very long time.

I have few questions about the vehicle. Please pardon me if its a repetition.

1. I find the brakes on my car a little lagging. i.e i have to press the brake and after a few milli secs the vehicle starts to decelerate. Its unlike my other cars where the brakes react almost instantaneously. Is this specific to my car or is this the general behaviour?

2. Regarding keyless entry, i find that the car unlocks automatically when i approach the car. Does it also automatically locks it when i leave the car with keys in my pocket? If it helps i have the prestige plus trim.

3. Any recommendation in Bangalore to get the headlights upgraded from halogen to LED? i find the current set up pathetic from Kia.

Last edited by vivekkp : 21st November 2022 at 14:23. Reason: spell check
Old 21st November 2022, 14:41   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
I have few questions about the vehicle. Please pardon me if its a repetition.

1. I find the brakes on my car a little lagging. i.e i have to press the brake and after a few milli secs the vehicle starts to decelerate. Its unlike my other cars where the brakes react almost instantaneously. Is this specific to my car or is this the general behaviour?
I have also observed the same on my Petrol 1.4T DCT. The brakes take some time and pedal needs to be pressed further more for a quick stop or deceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
2. Regarding keyless entry, i find that the car unlocks automatically when i approach the car. Does it also automatically locks it when i leave the car with keys in my pocket? If it helps i have the prestige plus trim.
Are you sure the car unlocks when you approach or is it just the ORVMs that unfold? Unless you press the request sensor on the door, the car does not unlock for me. Same while moving away from the car. The ORVMs fold but the car does not get locked automatically. Mine is Luxury Plus.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks