Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2022, 19:29   #661
nvn
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Based on the value of Gross weight (1970 kg) looks like these details are for Diesel Manual. So kerb weight of Diesel AT can be considered around 1410 kgs.

This makes me wonder if the above values are really true.
My Creta Diesel AT (2018) has Unladen weight of 1423 kg as mentioned in RC.

So either one is possible -
- Either the shared pic is untrue
- Creta Diesel AT weight mentioned in RC is incorrect
- Karens although bigger than Creta is lighter which means there has been some compromises.
Can you also share what is the Laden/GV Weight of the Creta diesel AT?
Old 17th March 2022, 19:42   #662
BHPian

Just wanted to check if anyone booked Prestige 1.5 Petrol NA and got the delivery? I booked on Feb 15th just before price reveal , still no signs of delivery.
Old 17th March 2022, 20:36   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post

This makes me wonder if the above values are really true.
My Creta Diesel AT (2018) has Unladen weight of 1423 kg as mentioned in RC.

So either one is possible -
- Either the shared pic is untrue
- Creta Diesel AT weight mentioned in RC is incorrect
- Karens although bigger than Creta is lighter which means there has been some compromises
Its true the Kerb Weight of the Diesel is 1419 Kgs.
Old 17th March 2022, 20:52   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NivasBaskaran View Post
As per the data in wikipedia, Carens use K2 platform.
Also, wiki says, both Seltos and Sonet is based on K2 platform.
The data in Wikipedia has no reference, no it could just be a guess. However, there is a reference to one Autocar article which says Carens is based on the K2 platform. The same was discussed a few pages before and the general consensus was that the K1 platform is not big enough to accommodate 1.4/1.5L engines. The problem is Hyundai/Kia do not officially reveal kerb weights or the platform used and the journalists do not ask these questions. Most are happy to be the first ones to show the new features.
Old 17th March 2022, 21:36   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevyes View Post
Just wanted to check if anyone booked Prestige 1.5 Petrol NA and got the delivery? I booked on Feb 15th just before price reveal , still no signs of delivery.

I have booked the same. Same as you, no info regarding that. But I have booked 2 days after the price reveal. Mostly, I won't get at any time near future.
NivasBaskaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 11:16   #666
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting delivery tomorrow from Dhone Kia, Pune. Color is white.

In case people don't know, there is also a 5 year AMC on offer. Premium for the AMC+extended warranty is 44440 for 1.5 Prestige. I think that's a good deal, and have take that.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 18th March 2022 at 11:18.
pseudo_coder is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 11:25   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post

In case people don't know, there is also a 5 year AMC on offer. Premium for the AMC+extended warranty is 44440 for 1.5 Prestige. I think that's a good deal, and have take that.
Congrats on that . Please do share the drive review with full load and on inclines. When did you book?
Old 18th March 2022, 13:20   #668
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations. You are the first one in this forum to get the 1.5NA delivery.

Please share your review about the engine performance, milage, ride and handling etc., once you get good hold on the vehicle. It will be useful for many people in this forum.
Old 18th March 2022, 16:16   #669
nvn
BHPian

XL6 vs Carens comparison by CarDekho

Old 18th March 2022, 17:36   #670
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats! Do correct your grammar before any of the mods point out!
Old 18th March 2022, 17:50   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on that . Please do share the drive review with full load and on inclines. When did you book?
Thanks! I booked as soon as bookings opened. Mine was the 2nd booking with the dealership. I had selected top end diesel earlier, but changed to Prestige 1.5 after price reveal, due to the sheer VFM, and because it has almost every feature necessary for me. (rear wiper being the only miss).

After launch, I changed again to petrol luxury, because it was readily available. But then I backtracked and changed back to 1.5 Prestige. This misadventure saw my waiting period go from 8 weeks to 1 year! But as luck would have it, the sales person called a week ago, and told me that my car is about to arrive!

I also have a booking for XUV700 L AWD, the absolute top end. It's due in May. But chose to go with Caren to save money, and get better 3rd row and bigger boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NivasBaskaran View Post
Congratulations. You are the first one in this forum to get the 1.5NA delivery.

Please share your review about the engine performance, milage, ride and handling etc., once you get good hold on the vehicle. It will be useful for many people in this forum.
Thanks you! Definitely. Will also try to do a video review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Congrats! Do correct your grammar before any of the mods point out!
Thanks!

Sadly, the edit button goes away after some time.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 18th March 2022 at 17:54.
Old 18th March 2022, 18:20   #672
BHPian

Cross posting from my other comments

My wife and I visited the KIA showroom on 6th March and had an extensive look at Carens. Although Carens seems to be an extended Seltos, we believe it’s an extended Sonet. Seltos ingress and seating position is higher than Carens. For example, my wife hit her head while entering Carens, right after entering Seltos. She expected the same level of ingress but carens sits a bit lower on par with Sonet. Comparing build quality, Carens seems to be matching Sonet and not Seltos. Seltos doors had good heft and Caren’s door seems very thin. Even with added seats and extended frame, the weight of Carens is not much higher than Seltos (as per SA). When prodded further the SA said, Carens was built with mileage in mind, so the weight will be only marginally higher. Other than build concerns, Carens seems to be tick all boxes with planted ride and noiseless cabin. My wife was not convinced of build quality at all. At my insistence, We halfheartedly booked a 1.5 Prestige model at ~12 Lakh on road (had to forgo Auto box to save some amount). Waiting period is 5-7 months but SA promised delivery in 3 but we might end up canceling it, if my wife Veto's it.
Old 18th March 2022, 19:29   #673
BHPian

Just got info that Baner, Pune showroom has luxury plus diesel MT readily available. If anyone wants I can pass on the contact of salesperson. Looks like top end MT has low demand.
Old 18th March 2022, 20:18   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Just got info that Baner, Pune showroom has luxury plus diesel MT readily available. If anyone wants I can pass on the contact of salesperson. Looks like top end MT has low demand.
My SA frm Aman Kia Pune informed me 2 days back that NO diesel automatic has arrived yet. I have booked diesel automatic ( I drive ATs only). I agree that manual diesel top model will have less demand as it is not a VFM proposition. Prestige plus is the best in that case.
Old 18th March 2022, 23:14   #675
BHPian

Guys,
Any feedback on overheating DCT gearbox ?

I am planning to book 1.4 DCT , and wanted to confirm if Kia have sorted it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks