Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2023, 20:52   #1471
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Hi I need your help,

I have booked a Kodiaq L&K and I just got the chassis no, and using online lookup, I can see the car is manufactured on May 2023. The dealer is saying it is the date when the car parts were made in Europe and not india assemble date. Also the car does not have an E20 label on the fuel lid. Should I go ahead with the car or does this sound fishy. The dealer is saying all Skoda Kodiaqs are E20 compliant.

Last edited by ampere : 14th November 2023 at 21:21.
Old 15th November 2023, 09:59   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyBoy2000 View Post
Hi I need your help,

I have booked a Kodiaq L&K and I just got the chassis no, and using online lookup, I can see the car is manufactured on May 2023. The dealer is saying it is the date when the car parts were made in Europe and not india assemble date. Also the car does not have an E20 label on the fuel lid. Should I go ahead with the car or does this sound fishy. The dealer is saying all Skoda Kodiaqs are E20 compliant.
I got delivery of my L&K in mid-September with manufacturing date of June 2023. In general, I have read up to 6 months from manufacturing date is ok to take delivery. Your case seems to be borderline. If I were in your place, I would take delivery after a thorough PDI.

On the E20 question, even if you believe the dealer, the risk you run is of the warranty being deemed void by Skoda in case any issue is found linked to usage of E20 fuel. On the other hand, I believe there is low probability of any problem using E20 fuel - these machines have good tolerance levels built in. Sorry for not really helping . Have you tried asking the dealer to provide in writing that the car is E20 compliant, and that your warranty will not be voided?
Dosojin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 10:09   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosojin View Post
I got delivery of my L&K in mid-September with manufacturing date of June 2023. In general, I have read up to 6 months from manufacturing date is ok to take delivery. Your case seems to be borderline. If I were in your place, I would take delivery after a thorough PDI.

On the E20 question, even if you believe the dealer, the risk you run is of the warranty being deemed void by Skoda in case any issue is found linked to usage of E20 fuel. On the other hand, I believe there is low probability of any problem using E20 fuel - these machines have good tolerance levels built in. Sorry for not really helping . Have you tried asking the dealer to provide in writing that the car is E20 compliant, and that your warranty will not be voided?
Yes I talked to the dealer and he has said that the car is E20 compliant and we will give that in writing even if the fuel lid does not say it. Also, I'm assuming since this car is made in May 2023, this should be BS6.2 compliant.
Old 16th November 2023, 02:00   #1474
BHPian

Hello fellow Kodiaq owners, today I took delivery of my new Kodiaq L&K in Graphite Grey from Brite Skoda, Noida. Great delivery experience, I reached a bit late than I was supposed to but the dealership was very patient and they kept saying you have to be completely satisfied with the PDI then only we will proceed which was quite surprising.

Picture of the car getting cleaned before delivery.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_0274.jpg
LazyBoy2000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 14:46   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow Kodiaq owners, today I took delivery of my new Kodiaq L&K in Graphite Grey from Brite Skoda, Noida. Great delivery experience, I reached a bit late than I was supposed to but the dealership was very patient and they kept saying you have to be completely satisfied with the PDI then only we will proceed which was quite surprising.

Picture of the car getting cleaned before delivery.
Attachment 2531944
Congrats. Looks beautiful. How much was it on road? any offers or discounts?
Old 17th November 2023, 10:18   #1476

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosojin View Post
On the E20 question, even if you believe the dealer, the risk you run is of the warranty being deemed void by Skoda in case any issue is found linked to usage of E20 fuel.
I recently saw on a Indian Oil petrol pump, a pink label on the XP95 pump that even XP95 is 12% blended, which was the same as regular petrol (which also had the 12% label but in different color). If that is the case, even XP95 does not guarantee E10. Pump attendants were clueless on ethanol blend percentage and just peddled XP95 as 'power wala' petrol.

I have not seen any historical gains in mileage with XP95 in my experience. This got me confused whether its worth taking XP95 (with an overhead of Rs 6/lt) if the blend percentage is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
When you continuously drive beyond 80kmph, it beeps every minute. So between 81 and 119, it will chime every minute.

Put a speed limiter at 119 to avoid the continuous chimes
On an expressway run to home this Diwali, I noticed that the regular beeps between 80-119 kmph are now one every 2 minutes and not every minute. While this was less irritating, it was irritating nonetheless.

When my Sep 2022 L&K went for its first service last month, the SA told me that there is a software update this time too. Maybe the software update increased the time but if they did, it was a half-hearted attempt. In case regular beeps help someone remind that they are over 80 kmph, at least make it configurable in the UI.

Given my expressway runs are higher, due to routes I take, I am seriously contemplating of getting them removed via VCDS.

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th November 2023 at 10:35. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Also fixing minor typos.
xorrmancer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 11:21   #1477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorrmancer View Post

I recently saw on a Indian Oil petrol pump, a pink label on the XP95 pump that even XP95 is 12% blended, which was the same as regular petrol (which also had the 12% label but in different color). If that is the case, even XP95 does not guarantee E10. Pump attendants were clueless on ethanol blend percentage and just peddled XP95 as 'power wala' petrol.

I have not seen any historical gains in mileage with XP95 in my experience. This got me confused whether its worth taking XP95 (with an overhead of Rs 6/lt) if the blend percentage is the same.
Yes XP95 was always E12 but that doesn't make any difference to the performance / reliability. But do not make the mistake of filling 91 RON petrol on a regular basis as this will surely have a sharp impact on performance and mechanicals. The manual and the fuel lid clearly mentions minimum 95 RON petrol, and as far as I know it will continue to be sold with 12% ethanol blend even if regular 91 RON petrol shifts completely to E20. You can surely run E12 fuel on an E20 spec car without issues. You'll also note in an image here posted by Omkar of the fuel lid of E20 spec Kodiaq, that the recommended fuel is now 98 RON with 95 RON being the minimum requirement. In extremely rare cases filling 91 RON is okay, may be just to reach a particular destination where you can find XP95. Having filled XP100 twice in my car, the stuff is addictive like a nice aged whiskey, hard to go back to XP95, but have to due to the price differential.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 00:49   #1478
RSW

Quote:
Hi I need your help,

That’s fine. Recently booked L&K in Mumbai and it is May23 product. delivery lined up for next weekend. Given the price drop I shifted from sportsline, which was also may23 product.
Old 18th November 2023, 10:47   #1479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauthampait View Post
Congrats. Looks beautiful. How much was it on road? any offers or discounts?
Got a discount on L&K on ex showroom price and insurance.
Old 19th November 2023, 12:38   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorrmancer View Post
Given my expressway runs are higher, due to routes I take, I am seriously contemplating of getting them removed via VCDS.
If you have a OBD Eleven device, you can easily remove the speed chimes. I removed mine and now only get one chime when you hit 120 which is good enough.
Old 20th November 2023, 11:32   #1481

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
If you have a OBD Eleven device, you can easily remove the speed chimes. I removed mine and now only get one chime when you hit 120 which is good enough.
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have much intention of tuning other things so rather than buying the device+subscription, I would reach out to someplace that can do that for me once. I would like suggestions if someone has got it done from a place in NCR.
Old 21st November 2023, 22:30   #1482
BHPian

10K update. Good run so far and the Kodiaq has been holding well on various terrains in the last 7 months since we got it.

As a first minor incident, the windshield seems to have taken a minor stone hit from somewhere and a small crack is visible. I guess this could grow over time and can pose safety issues. Its not in the immediate sight but on the black out area in the lower part of the windshield. I don't know if any water can get through but from what I saw in a mild rain yesterday, nothing entered.

Should this be a superficial fix or a change of windscreen is needed?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20231121_184728.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20231121_184751.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2023, 01:49   #1483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Should this be a superficial fix or a change of windscreen is needed?

If it's not leaking in & stays that way, can be left.
Otherwise you can claim it under your insurance - better inform them in time to avoid rejection.

There are some glass treatments available too but I won't advise them as long term reliability is doubtful, can damage glass further & you might won't get insurance with ease.

Also, see if wiper blades aren't getting damaged.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 10:17   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Got a discount on L&K on ex showroom price and insurance.
Hey, possible to share more specifics on this? How much on ex-showroom and how much on insurance?
Old 22nd November 2023, 14:15   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
Hey, possible to share more specifics on this? How much on ex-showroom and how much on insurance?
The ex-showroom price I got was around 39.92 in Noida, and around 70K discount on insurance

Most Viewed