Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2023, 10:35   #1456
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Hi everyone, I've been following this thread and many other threads for quite some time now and I just want to thank you all for giving your time to assist more people.

I am planning to buy a new car in the 40-45L range and Skoda Kodiaq is one of the options, I am also considering cars like Hyundai Tucson, VW Tiguan, Jeep Meridian. My requirement is a good family SUV, with great safety and reasonable features like Parking camera etc (ADAS is not a deal breaker). I also like to do mild off-roading nothing serious.

So, coming back to Skoda Kodiaq, I want to know from the people who are driving the Kodiaq, what has been their experience?, what are the common problems in the Car? What is the running cost? is it high?. Can you get PPF or ceramic done or not? I saw somewhere that it would void the warranty. Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 09:24   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyBoy2000 View Post
So, coming back to Skoda Kodiaq, I want to know from the people who are driving the Kodiaq, what has been their experience?, what are the common problems in the Car? What is the running cost? is it high?. Can you get PPF or ceramic done or not?
Driven 20K KMs on multiple terrains & in floods. Kodiaq is still the best SUV vehicle money can buy - even upto 80L. Put it in sport mode - oh boy you are done! Headlights are amazingly good & so is the space & comfort.

Yes, that may sound an exaggeration - but having driven many Germans recently, it's surely is. Also, Skoda after sales has vastly improved atleast in NCR & this is coming from someone who left his vehicle for 90 days in workshop for major repair work.

Niggles-

1. Vent components fall off after a year.

2. DSG feels unresponsive at times - but you do better with it in time.

3. In L&K, previous Gun metal alloys were royal to look at rather than current Trinity alloys.

Running cost is Nil, apart from fuel & regular services.

Also, never felt need of any coating over white color.

Last edited by SilverSmoke : 28th October 2023 at 09:26.
SilverSmoke is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 14:50   #1458
BHPian

So a slight annoyance that I have had is the internal circulation needs to be turned on each and every time I turn on ignition. To add to it I recently found out that AirCare (filters for pollens and dust) feature is not on by default it needs to be manually turned on as well every time. When driving in a polluted city like Delhi it can be a major inconvenience to turn it on every time. I would have loved this feature to be on by default like in my Taigun.
TurbochargedT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 00:08   #1459
RSW

Quote:
I am planning to buy a new car in the 40-45L range and Skoda Kodiaq is one of the options, I am also considering cars like Hyundai Tucson, VW Tiguan, Jeep Meridian. My requirement is a good family SUV, with great safety and reasonable features like Parking camera etc (ADAS is not a deal breaker). I also like to do mild off-roading nothing serious.
I went through a similar journey recently and concluded the following:

Tucson - Rear A/C isn't effective. Took 3 test drives and this finding remains the same. They are offering all the bells and whistles with good engine and smoothness

Meridian - In my view, the interior is nowhere close to the Kodiaq. Additionally, you may not like the structure of the car (stretched version of Compass - long tail). Lastly, Jeep is using the same engine as the Compass for their so-called 7-seater.

Tiguan - Close competitor and approximately 6 lakhs less. Everything largely remains the same as the Kodiaq except for the interior quality (including look and feel) and 3rd row. Depending on your preference, you can take a shot.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st November 2023 at 06:40. Reason: Spacing, grammar, etc.
Old 1st November 2023, 01:16   #1460

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Kodiaq Owners- have any of you remapped your Kodiaq TSI or considering a remap in the near term ?

While I am happy with the performance in general, the turbo lag is still bothering me whenever I want that burst of acceleration real quick without switching to sports mode or slotting the DSG to Sport. I mean a pedal to metal does it more or less in regular drive mode but ever since I remapped the Volvo, I am so smitten by the effortless in- gear acceleration and minimal turbo lag.

Code6 is offering me a remap that takes care of these issues but the risk of voiding warranty does loom above. Although they assure that the map is proven and many Superbs and Kodiaqs internationally run just fine with the map ( ECU + TCU remap) Power and torque bump is approx 30% they claim which takes it to the VRS league. 247 BHP and 400 NM, makes it super sweet! I guess the DQ381 is rated upto 450 NM ?

Would appreciate some thoughts here.
The APR ECU tune and TVS DSG tune work like a charm on the car. The more you drive it the more you start to fall in love with it.

The DSG remap takes care of the torque limit. TVS claims the DQ381 is good up to 600nm of toque.

I have the same combo on my car but it's a Superb 2.0TSI

Last edited by graaja : 1st November 2023 at 05:00. Reason: Capitalizing abbreviations
Jaigupta143 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 13:57   #1461
BHPian

Hello Kodiaq Owners,

I am in the market for a new 7 seat SUV and have in fact booked the Toyota Innova Hycross. This car will be an addition to my 9 year old Mercedes C-class and the 2021 Ertiga that is my beater car.

Deep inside, I am regretting the Innova decision; the car feels bland and the interiors are rather cheap for a car of this segment. It feels like a decision taken only by the head, absolutely eliminating the heart.

My primary choice is of course the Skoda Kodiaq, but the only apprehensions I hold are about Skoda service costs and reliability. Can you please let me know:

1. How much does it cost to service it annually?
2. Is the car durable and reliable enough to take on long journeys across India?

The sole reason behind my purchase is that I do not currently have a car that is suitable for long highway journeys. The Merc is not spacious enough, is too low to the ground and being 9 years old now, is not very confidence inspiring. On the other hand, the Ertiga is strictly a city car, given the fact that it is rather poorly built and lacks safety features.
The Ertiga was a 'head only' decision and I do not really like it. Do not want to repeat the same story with this purchase.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 17:10   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
Hello Kodiaq Owners,

My primary choice is of course the Skoda Kodiaq, but the only apprehensions I hold are about Skoda service costs and reliability. Can you please let me know:

1. How much does it cost to service it annually?
2. Is the car durable and reliable enough to take on long journeys across India?

The sole reason behind my purchase is that I do not currently have a car that is suitable for long highway journeys.
I have driven the car for over 17000kms in past one year, with 5 road-trips(avg 600kms in couple of days) across varying mountain terrains including extremely bad roads. Here are some of my observations:-
  • The car is extremely fun to drive in all conditions with a powerful engine. The low end torque could have been better.
  • The biggest surprise is in terms of space management. During my weekend trips i have driven the car with 7 people (3 couples and a kid) with their weekend luggage. We could pack two cabin bags + three large duffel bags, there could be many permutations and combinations. The car has weird places to hold bags in the rear corners. The 3rd row is nowhere comparable to an Innova, but is sufficiently comfortable for children and short people.
  • The seats are comfortable overall, but under-thigh support on the rear bench could have been better.
  • During road-trips i have got a decent mileage of around 13kmpl.
  • The ride quality is great but few bumps do filter in (typical of European cars)
  • The car has an amazing music system which adds to the fun element during road trips.
  • The AC could have been better, you will have to select lower temperatures than what you are used to.
If you go with the maintenance package , you absolutely have to pay nothing for 4 years except for fuel and wheel balancing. Skoda has improved their service network and quality in the past few years. Another point to mention is that the car has an amazing build quality. The biggest sweet-spot differentiator that kodiaq has over any other car is that, apart from being a practical car for weekend road trips, its equally fun driving it alone to office during weekdays (which an innova is not), and is a looker.
Fun_to_drive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 21:40   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
I am in the market for a new 7 seat SUV and have in fact booked the Toyota Innova Hycross. This car will be an addition to my 9 year old Mercedes C-class and the 2021 Ertiga that is my beater car.

I have only driven the car in city till now and have not experienced the Hycross, so will only share my observations on the 7-seat requirement you have with respect to Kodiaq. My 12 year-old (5 feet daughter) finds it uncomfortable, with absolutely no under-thigh support and knees up position. It won't work for long-trips in my opinion except for under 4 feet people.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ampere : 14th November 2023 at 21:20. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Dosojin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 16:53   #1464
BHPian

Kodiaq L&K ex-showroom prices slashed by ₹ 2 lakh. This is in addition to corporate discount and insurance discount. Attached is price sheet for Bangalore. Great time for someone planning to get an L&K!
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_8050.jpeg
automowheels is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 20:01   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
If you go with the maintenance package , you absolutely have to pay nothing for 4 years except for fuel and wheel balancing. Skoda has improved their service network and quality in the past few years.
Could you confirm if the quoted portion regarding the maintenance package is based on first-hand experience?

I had decided against taking the maintenance pack coz the SA said that only engine oil, filter & such are covered while brake pads, wiper blades etc aren't covered. Looking at the cost tally, somehow did not feel that the maintenance package was very economical. Every 40K we have to change the Haldex oil for the 4WD. This, I was told, is also not covered in the package. Hence thought of confirming the information you had posted.

Btw, I'm now looking at my third set of front brake pads with the car at 45K km. Second set came in at around 29K or so. I attribute this to the frequent auto-hold in the city drives and of course the spirited driving. For the record, mine is a TDI. The first replacement of the front brake pads costed me 8K.
Old 6th November 2023, 12:15   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Could you confirm if the quoted portion regarding the maintenance package is based on first-hand experience?

Every 40K we have to change the Haldex oil for the 4WD. This, I was told, is also not covered in the package. Hence thought of confirming the information you had posted.
I've got only first service done where nothing was charged to me, so only time will tell. How much do they charge for the change of Haldex oil?
Old 10th November 2023, 11:44   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
That’s serious dedication and I call others who share my same kind of madness FRIENDS :-).

The cordless pressure washer I use is from Amazon. While it looks like a generic Chinese white label brand, it is pretty well built, with high quality plastics, all accessories snapping into place with a well damper but solid click, and the quick connect fitting of the hose to the body not developing any leak ( drawing in air and reducing the pressure) so far in the past 8-10 times I have used.
Now that it's been ~3 months, is it still working well? The reviews on Amazon can be misleading/incomplete, hence checking with you. THanks
Old 10th November 2023, 17:39   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
I've got only first service done where nothing was charged to me, so only time will tell. How much do they charge for the change of Haldex oil?
Sorry, I didn't have an invoice handy. So had to request for a copy.

The gear oil was ~8K (850ML). Plus the labour, of course.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 14:22   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone, I've been following this thread and many other threads for quite some time now and I just want to thank you all for giving your time to assist more people.
Finally decided to buy the Kodiaq L&K, delivery expected soon. Will post delivery experience and pictures soon. Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 14th November 2023 at 21:21. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 12th November 2023, 13:40   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
Now that it's been ~3 months, is it still working well? The reviews on Amazon can be misleading/incomplete, hence checking with you. THanks
Still going good, no degradation in pressure or battery life. However, I do wish if the pressure was more for blasting the dried out mud from inside the wheel arches without using to scrub with a brush.
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks